Author Topic: Lama Yeshe and HH Trijang Rinpoche, the Junior Tutor of HH Dalai Lama in 1976  (Read 19983 times)

dsiluvu

Here are some very heart-warming images of Lama Yeshe and H.H. Trijang Rinpoche just being released at Lama Yeshe's Wisdom Archive Gallery.

It is so beautiful to see these images because it tells us that Lama Yeshe was indeed very close and have very deep devotion to his beloved Guru H.H. Trijang Rinpoche. All this was in 1976... obviously before the ban was hugely implemented and before any discrimination on Dorje Shugden practice happened.   

I am just wondering... if FPMT is so pro Dalai Lama and is out right against Dorje Shugden practice, then why all of sudden post pictures of H.H. Trijang Rinpohe which actually is right and I certainly rejoice they have gratitude and Guru devotion! But I am just curious why the sudden change in tune cos previously and now, H.H Trijang Rinpoche is still a Dorje Shugden practitioner and has never changed one bit. Isn't putting such images showing they are connected to Dorje Shugden lineage holder and master. It also clearly shows that both Lama Yeshe and Lama Zopa would have both together with the ordained monks would have had the protector practice also... and basically it was also the protector who help Fpmt grow to what it is today. So these images tells us a thousand stories ;)

See pictures of  Ordination group with H.H. Trijang Rinpoche and Lama Yeshe, 1976 more here http://www.lamayeshe.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=10938

Big Uncle

Dear Dsiluvu,
Thank you for sharing wonderful pictures of Lama Yeshe, Lama Zopa and Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche. They shared such close relationship at that time. It's a pity how the ban had changed everything. Lama Zopa is old, ill and bent with age and yet, he has to uphold this ban which he does not really believe in because he has to safeguard his organization and many people's faith. I bet if he was lone lama without FPMT, he would have gladly joined the ranks of Serpom Tulkus and happily uphold Dorje Shugden. I am sure when he does his serkyem, it comes with a lot of tears and heartache. I dunno why I think like that but I do. For the sake of many, a Bodhisattva would even break his vows and commitments when it served the masses.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
I am so happy that there is such close relationship between the lamas. It is sad of what their relationship has now became due to the ban. But I believe that although with the ban, Lama Zopa is a shugden practitioner. Hopefully when the ban is lifted, Lama Zopa would still be around to witness this.

lotus1

Thank you dsiluvu for sharing these beautiful photos of the high lamas.

I believe that Lama Zopa might be still quietly practicing Dorje Shugden and waiting for the day for the ban to be lifted. After all, his reincarnation is recognized by Dorje Shugden via DS oracle. (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/who-made-lama-zopa-a-rinpoche/). In addition, his Guru, Lama Yeshe is a strong practitioner of Dorje Shugden as well as Lama Yeshe’s root Guru, HH Trijang Rinpoche. It is definitely not logical for him who is so devoted to his Guru, Lama Yeshe, would not follow his Guru’s teaching and the lineage.

vajrastorm

These pictures that warm the cockles of one's heart do speak a thousand words. With their wide smiles lighting up their faces, their love of one another shining through and the devotion of Lama Zopa for his two teachers HH Trijang Rinpoche and Lama Yeshe and that of Lama Yeshe for HH Trijang so apparent, one can't imagine anyone, least of all Lama Zopa, defaulting on these sincere and spontaneous feelings.

I do believe and agree that it must break Lama Zopa's heart each time he is seen as supporting the ban in any way. 

DharmaSpace

Truth always has a way of being found out or cannot be subdued. FPMT is wise not to deny the truth of how FPMT was set up and came about. Lama Yeshe was a strong proponent of Gyalchen Shugden, no amount spin doctors or rewriting of of the history, or rebranding can change that.

FPMT is probably well aware that the ban will soon be down, there will come a time that no one can pursue and persecute Dorje Shugden practitioners and bash them mentally or criticise them anymore. The truth will be out one way or the other. Lama Yeshe love for his guru Trijang Dorjechang had been suppressed, but it can never suppressed forever.   

kris

We should not and cannot deny our Guru because that is the foundation to Vajrayana tradition. All the practices, empowerments and initiations are from Guru, and if we deny our Guru, how can the practices have effects?

Therefore, it is such a happy occasion to see these photos being posted. May all practitioners have strong Guru devotion...

brian

• Email
Nice and nostalgic photos of Lama Yeshe and HH Trijang Rinpoche, not forgetting Lama Zopa. Thank you for sharing this! If only the ban is uplifted, we will see such scenes of all High Lamas get to take photo together. All sangha members of Anti and Pro Dorje Shugden practitioners reunited and become friends again. Until that day, i pray hard for the uplifting of the ban to happen really soon!

Rihanna

Thank you for sharing this photo. Good for memories of the good old times. It is such a pity that the ban has changed everything and perspective. HH Trijang Rinpoche, Lama Yeshe and Lama Zopa have good relationship during that time but were forced to be 'apart' after the ban. Despite that, I am sure they are highly attained beings and is in fact Buddhas would have no issues re the ban . One day soon when the eventual lifting of the ban of Dorje Shugden practice,  it will allow not just HH Trijang Rinpoche, Lama Yeshe and Lama Zopa but all the Sanghas in the Tibetan Buddhism to be united again. This will also mean the stop to the sufferings of discriminated and harshly treated practitioners of Dorje Shugden. May the ban be lifted very very soon.

icy

This is indeed an old sweet picture reminding us of the good old days when there is no qualms about Dorje Shugden practice and there are no segregation among lamas who practise and those who wish to remain politiically correct or for the sake of protection their organisation.  However, I am confident that this good old days will be here once again pretty soon and everyone will naturally be Dorje Shugden practitoners, no more segregation and hiding are necessary.

maricisun

• Email
These are indeed sweet moments taken together before the impose of the ban. It is indeed sad to know that the high Lamas cannot be seen together as were before. Let's pray and open that the ban be lifted so that all the Lamas can get together openly. That will be so wonderful. Waiting for that day to come soon.

Lineageholder

These pictures are both beautiful and sad at the same time. They are a testament to the evil of the Dalai Lama's actions and the division he has caused. It's a great shame that Lama Zopa chose to side with the Dalai Lama. If he had opted to maintain his commitment to Trijang Dorjechang and Lama Yeshe, the pro-Shugden camp would be much stronger. It's a mystery to me why he chose to tow the Dalai Lama's line. Geshe Kelsang chose to oppose the ban, Lama Zopa could have done the same.

dsiluvu

What has happened to the incarnate of Lama Yeshe, now Osel Hita???

Dear Friends,

I am very happy to share a letter from Ösel which he has written to the FPMT family.

Lama Zopa Rinpoche has advised Osel to continue his studies at Sera Je Monastery for a few months each year under the guidance of his teacher Geshe Gendun Chompel, as well as to do retreat. Rinpoche  is very happy with Ösel  giving general advice to centers, projects and services when he has time. Ösel is a member of the FPMT Inc. Board.

Love,

roger
(Ven Roger Kunsang is CEO of FPMT)

November 2012

Dear Family,

First of all I would like to say hello to everybody working so hard every day for the benefit of sentient beings through the organization of FPMT. I understand that many of you have extra jobs in order to maintain your family and basic needs in life. Also many of you work as volunteers part time, apart from all the other work you have to cope with. It is very hard, and inspiring. I truly admire every one and each of you for all the effort, dedication and consistency that keeps the organization going.

Around a month ago, I attended an FPMT board meeting in California. This is the fourth Board meeting I have attended in the last three or four years. Each time of participation, I gain a deeper insight and understanding of the incredible scope of activity that FPMT is undertaking around the world every day.

In the last few days I have had the privilege to attend the highly professional and inspiring FDCW (Foundation for the Development of Compassion and Wisdom) meeting in Kuala Lumpur. FDCW’s mission is to help children, youth and adults of all cultures and traditions to develop their innate capacity to be kind and wise, and contribute to peace in the world.

Photo by Ven. Roger Kunsang at Kachoe Dechen Ling, CA, September 2012. As I learn more about FPMT from these perspectives, my respect, and profound appreciation for Lama Zopa Rinpoche and the whole community grows exponentially.

What has taken place since Lama Yeshe’s passing in 1984 in my view is completely miraculous and inspiring.

I have nothing but the greatest admiration and gratitude for everyone that has taken part in this wonderful and positive development.

It will take me some time to really grasp everything that Rinpoche accomplishes with the tireless support of Venerable Roger who works to handle all the tasks 24/7/365 days a year every year supported by Venerable Holly, and the amazing International Office staff.

http://fpmt.org/fpmt/osel/

Seems like he will be the next person in charge of FPMT, the successor after Lama Zopa. Will he then revive Dorje Shugden practices in FPMT? I wonder. Is there a real Lama Yeshe in there some where waiting to explode?

dsiluvu

Osel Hita Torres - The reluctant lama

"When I turned 16-17, I was dying to get out."

The turning point came when he read Herman Hesse's Siddhartha, and he started to wonder whether he was a true Buddhist.
Osel Hita Torres in 1998 Osel finally decided to leave the monastery when he was 18

On his 18th birthday, he had a momentous conversation with his mother, which she described to me. "He said to me, 'If I decide not to go back to the monastery, can someone force me to go back?'"

"No", she told him. "Well, I'm not going back," he said.

But the monastery wanted him to return.

"I got a huge amount of letters and phone calls, and people coming to visit me, just telling me that I made a big mistake, that I lost a huge opportunity, that was my destiny, my purpose, blah-blah-blah, whatever."

Maria was also put under pressure but she supported his decision, and still does.

Life outside the monastery was difficult for him to start with - discos and girls were baffling and scary. One of his Buddhist sponsors living in Canada arranged for him to go to school there. He then went to Madrid where he did a degree in film studies. He would like to become a documentary maker.

Sometimes Osel seems like a living disproof of the old Jesuit saying, "Give me a child until he is seven and I will give you the man." The Tibetans had him from two till 18, but the pull of the West was stronger.

"What music do you like?" I ask him. "Reggae, I like drum-and-bass, I like trance, psychedelic trance, stuff like that. Hip-hop also."

In Lama Yeshe's organisation, the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (FPMT), they still see him as a teacher. He tries to accommodate them with what wisdom he can muster, but his advice tends to be light on Buddhist theology, with generic suggestions like, "When we see people in the centre, it's nice to always say hello."

His future is uncertain, caught between cultures and traditions. He lives on Ibiza but Spanish is only his third language, after Tibetan and English. He has taught Tibetan classes, he doesn't have a full time job but has been making a documentary for the FPMT.

He and Kunkyen feature on a recording that combines Tibetan chanting with Western trance music. He seems to be moving back towards the FPMT and even talks about returning to head the organisation.
Lama Thubten Yeshe Lama Yeshe was famous for his smile and sense of humour

"Maybe when the spiritual director decides to retire, then I can take over."

As the spiritual director?

"I'll probably just be maybe the co-ordinator. Not spiritual. I don't know, maybe some day. Slowly I am getting some interest towards Buddhism."

Maria is still a convinced Buddhist. "Do you still think he's a reincarnated lama?" I ask.

"Yes," she says. "What he isn't, is a traditional lama and it is what he doesn't want to be."

She has no regrets. "I never ask this question to myself, because it's not possible to go back. I always think everything has sense. What's happening now is the best it can happen, because it's what's happening."

Buddhists do not really do regret.

Osel himself still believes in reincarnation, and that Lama Yeshe could have chosen whose body he would come back in. He is just not sure it is him.

"Are there ever occasions when you feel a little bit of Lama Yeshe in you?" I ask.

"Yes, sometimes," he says. "Sometimes I ask Lama Yeshe to give me a message or a sign or something. And many times he does give me a sign or a message.

"So I don't know if he's outside or if he's inside. I don't know, but he's one of my best friends."

The Reluctant Lama will be broadcast on Friday 28 September at 11:00 BST on BBC Radio 4. Or catch up later on the BBC iPlayer.

Maybe being FREE from the chains of the twisted Tibetan Govt in exile could be FREEDOM after all and eventually, hopefully reunite prayers and practice to Dorje Shugden? What do you guys think?

He still very respects His Holiness the Dalai Lama as we can see from pictures of him last year in this photo gallery here...

Tenzin Ösel Hita, His Holiness the Dalai Lama and FPMT International Office Director of Operations. Photo by Leah Nash.

Go here to see more pictures... http://fpmt.org/fpmt/osel/photo-gallery/

dondrup

Making these pictures available on the FPMT website does change the very fact that FPMT is still maintaining their stance on Dorje Shugden as shown by their public policy on Dorje Shugden (Please refer to this link http://bit.ly/1gvFb6B)!

It is totally illogical, incorrect and disrespectful for the FPMT to go against Venerable Lama Thubten Yeshe and HH Trijang Rinpoche and ignorantly accepted HH Dalai Lama's ban on Dorje Shugden!

Bear in mind that without Veneable Lama Thubten Yeshe, FPMT will not exist! Without HH Trijang Rinpoche, Venerable Lama Thubten Yeshe will not have received the lineage transmissions and teachings which were compassionately made available at FPMT. Where is your gratitude, FPMT?