Author Topic: Dorje Shugden Empowerment video @NKT  (Read 31005 times)

Big Uncle

Dorje Shugden Empowerment video @NKT
« on: June 26, 2012, 02:23:33 PM »
Dorje Shugden Empowerment At Manjushri KMC - New Kadampa Tradition Small | Large

Did you guys see this video that highlights a Dorje Shugden empowerment event at NKT. Unfortunately for us, the actual ritual is not recorded in this video except for a few photos. However, a few snippets of the Dharma talk is shown in this video.

It is so neat! I have never been to a Dorje Shugden empowerment and it is so interesting to see all these faces that attended the empowerment. This was of course conducted at their main Manjushri center in England but imagine events of similar capacity being conducted all over the world. Just one organization is spreading Dorje Shugden to so many people from around the world. It would be neat when the ban comes down and all Gelugs join hands to spread Dorje Shugden out into the world. I just can't wait and meanwhile, I can only rejoice for what NKT is doing.

Klein

Re: Dorje Shugden Empowerment video @NKT
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 06:33:46 PM »
It is great to see so many people attending Dorje Shugden empowerment in the UK. It's true that if the ban is lifted, then more lamas can resurface from "underground" to give more empowerments to the masses. In the meanwhile, Shugden lamas can always promote Dorje Shugden in China.  The Chinese government supports the practice and even restore monasteries and temples of Dorje Shugden in China.

This is Geshe Wangchuk giving Dorje Shugden initiations to thousands of people in Tibet. [url]http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=8039[url] Imagine if hundreds of thousands of people attended?

It's our job to promote Dorje Shugden peacefully all over the world so that HHDL's claims become nullified. Instead of always asking for Dorje Shugden to help us, it's time to repay his kindness by promoting his practice aggressively.

Producing a top quality movie and documentary of Dorje Shugden would create a huge impact on a global level.

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 08:20:07 PM »
There are 1100 Kadampa Centers and branches in 40 countries around the world, and all centers only has one protector - Dorje Shugden.

Also, they are famous for their The International Temples Project (ITP) that was established by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso with the vision to build a Kadampa Buddhist Temple in every major city in the world.
These Temples are dedicated to world peace and everyone is welcome to visit them and enjoy the peace and tranquility they provide.

They also do daily puja at Kadampa Buddhist Centers, which is the Heart -- a Guru yoga of Je Tsongkhapa combined with the condensed sadhana of his Dharma Protector and a short mediation on Lamrim. Of course, they were also the one who published 'Heart Jewel: The Essential Practices of Kadampa Buddhism'. In this day and age, because they are big and independent, hence they do not fear the ban and their organisation continues to grow with the blessings of Lord Protector Dorje Shugden!

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 10:06:18 PM »
Thank you for posting this video although too short. The dharma talk, introduction to Dorje Shugden's practice is BEAUTIFUL. Geshe Kelsang really can produce such great Western teachers. I think it is beautiful this holy nun can speak in perfect English and explain the practice and empower so many into Shugden's sacred mandala.

I feel so every grateful to teachers like this Gen-La Dekyong who patiently and with such devotion spread the lineage of our teachers as taught by His Eminence Geshe Kelsang who is a living Buddha in our 21st Century.

I wish Geshe Kelsang very very very long life.

And I wish his devoted disciple Gen-La Dekyong many more years of turning the wheel of dharma and Shugden empowerments.

May Geshe Kelsang's centres continue to thrive another 1,000 years!

Very wonderful video we must share with others.

TK

dsiluvu

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 04:04:35 AM »
BEAUTIFUL AND INSPIRING.  Despite all that is happening, with the ban and with many many year of the Tibetan Govt putting them down and discrediting all that they've done, even putting out petitions to hunt down Geshela... his work, his students, his Dharma teachings and centre continues to flourish!

This is a clear indication that they are definitely spreading pure Dharma and if they are not, wouldn't they have closed down by now according to the laws of karmic repercussions for those who practice and spread tainted teachings? What more they are practising a "demon cult" Dorje Shugden according to the Tibetan Govt. Well if they truly are then why are they still growing??

According to PK Dey, a human-rights lawyer from Delhi, Dorje Shugden worshippers are suffering harassment from the Dalai Lama's followers and his government, citing door-to-door searches and wanted posters as examples.[68] In 1998, Dey stated that he had gathered 300 statements from Tibetans living throughout India who claimed to have been subject to harassment or attack because of their worship of Dorje Shugden.[113]

Tibetan Government in Exile issued a politically motivated letter expelling Geshe Kelsang from Sera Je Monastery. Tibetan politics, especially as mixed with religion, are no stranger to medieval intrigue and corruption. This curious piece of agitprop, which was intended to punish and ostracize Geshe Kelsang, is full of strong accusatory language and numerous references to 'cult', 'cultists' and 'cult leader'. Through these actions, the Tibetan Government in Exile intended that the cult label would stick to punish Geshe Kelsang for daring to disagree with the Dalai Lama and pose a serious obstacle to the growth of the NKT (which, unlike Tibetan Buddhist groups, is not under their control).

And even after all these accusations... they are still growing. Doesn't that tell you something? I think Geshela and his students show great courage and loyalty towards their Guru and practice. And because of this they grow, unlike FPMT who seems to be going the opposite direction due to their broken samaya,  which is very unfortunate. Perhaps this is why Lama Osel is now Osel Hita and will not return to FPMT as their root Lama. 

Discriminatory policies of FPMT:
(1) no one who holds any position in the FPMT organization is a Dorje Shugden practitioner
(2) those who seek ordination within FPMT are also not worshipping this Wisdom Buddha, 
(3) Buddhist Dorje Shugden practitioners may not even attend teachings within the FPMT!

DharmaSpace

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 08:17:54 AM »
In this time of ours how many organisations can boast of producing many monks and also great teachers when everyone's desires are overwhelming them it is NKT of course.

What cults actually produce dharma teachers that benefits the community and all, under NKT the dharma teachers teach compassion and how to gain inner peace there is no Buddhist Jihad. The teachings from NKT and all of Gelug tradition promotes peace and harmony and it is of so much benefit to transform people's lives.

Again I ask what cults produces teachers and monks who expound the truth! Cults do not talk about the reality or what is real or the truth, if it did all its followers would run. Outwardly Dorje Shugden looks demonlike to many people who do not understand the iconography behind it, but he is pure compassion! 

honeydakini

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 08:58:41 AM »
This wasn't a recent empowerment was it? The original video was posted up in 2010 but I hadn't seen it before, so thanks for the share. It's amazing to see how many people there were. It's a good sign that the practice and lineage certainly seems to be flourishing in the face of so much opposition (and even that characteristically bad weather of the north of England!)

I liked this, what Genla Dekyong said:
We need help, support and power - we need power. [...] We're asking Dorje Shugden, "please help me with my Dharma practice" [...] So through coming under Dorje Shugden's loving care, and relying upon him, he will guide us on the correct path - what an amazing path.

I have been thinking about what it means for someone to help us in our Dharma practice. What exactly is that? And how would this be of any relevance or interest to someone who is NOT in Dharma, nor actively looking for anything spiritual? Would they feel that all of this does not apply to them and they "don't need it?"

I have been coming across quite a number of Dharma practitioners who give the impression that unless you are in Dharma and following such-and-such a path, in such-and-such a way, then you don't need Dorje Shugden or Tsongkhapa's practices (or any practices for that matter). They feel that unless you are following the path in very specific way, then you may as well not do it at all. I've also been noticing with some interest how there are very strong opinions on this forum that don't think it valid or "right" to talk about Dorje Shugden in the capacity of him helping us with the more mundane matters of wealth, health, family, relationships etc.

So let's look at this statement again: "We're asking Dorje Shugden, 'please help me with my Dharma practice'"

First, what does Dharma practice mean? This alone has so many varied meanings for so many people (not always necessarily correct meanings or motivations). But ultimately, I think, we engage in Dharma practice - or actually, in anything that we do - to find happiness, wisdom to know what to do in difficulties, and peace. We all want the same things, whether we manifest them in the same way or not.

So while one person's dharma practice may mean intense study and meditation upon the Lamrim, another person may express their practice simply through offering a candle daily. That's what their level of "practice" is for now. In some cases, people may not even be able to find that interest in themselves for spiritual practice because they are so very much absorbed with the world outside of themselves - the finances, families, friends, relationships, children, career. We can't fault someone for that in the same way we can't fault our pet dogs for not having an inclination for Dharma - everyone is at different levels and each have their own karmic dispositions, and environments.

If you consider things in that way, then we can't impose our concept of what "dharma practice" is on someone else, expecting people only to engage in Dharma if it is direct study of the Lamrim, retreats, study, teaching - and all the things that would be considered very "heavy" and far removed for the average person out there.

I've been thinking about this debate on here as to whether it's beneficial to "promote" Dorje Shugden's practice as one that will help us in wealth, relationships, friendships, businesses and careers, family, health - which should really be the very things that we're trying to detach ourselves from.

But hey, you can't get rid of an attachment overnight, plop someone into a retreat and tell them to start reading the Lamrim. It isn't going to happen and we have to be realistic about that. But what we CAN do, is to start at the level they are at, wherever that might be. Work with the attachments, instead of to deny them. Isn't that precisely what Tantra is anyway? So if someone is interested in money, give it to them first - reveal to them the true blessings and powers of the Dharmapala through the language they're most familiar with - show me the money!! If someone wants health, then give that to them first. Feed the body before you feed the soul, as it were. People aren't going to even want to go near a lamrim book when they have supposed "problems" to deal with first on the outside. So let's deal with those "problems" first, help them solve those and then introduce who's really behind helping them solve the problems - Dorje Shugden.

So in this way, I think that "helping someone with their Dharma practice" could be something that doesn't look at all like what we think is Dharma. It may very well NOT be the Lamrim, or any kind of formal practice. It could just be to ease their secular concerns first before going to the next level. Not everyone out there in the world wants to sit on a forum and discuss spiritual matters, so how else can we get them to understand the blessings of the Dharma and the Buddhas?

I like what Genla has said here because she has spoken in terms broad enough to encompass many different needs and levels of practice. This is precisely Dorje Shugden's nature - to not discriminate between one person's needs and another. the way of the Bodhisattva after all, is to find every possible way, tirelessly to relieve the sufferings of others. And mind you the word "sufferings" doesn't have to mean a deep, philosophical, sociological postmodern condition. It could mean someone doesn't have a job, or enough money to put food on the table, or a very troublesome child, or an abusive partner. Before getting into the four noble truths, the 8 verses of mind transformation, the 6 of this and the 10 of that, wouldn't it be great if we could just help out these people with what they need now?

Dorje Shugden manifested at this time not just to watch over us as we perfect Nagarjuna's middle view of emptiness. Surely, as part and parcel of that, he will help us from the very basics of stepping foot onto a path to lead us basics. It's unfortunate that we've come to a time when we need this kind of babysitting, but that is the reality of the world now. Shugden would not be the fully enlightened buddha that he is if he didn't help us on every level - from the basest, most mundane - up to full enlightened. And yes, that could possible, very well mean helping us to win the lottery. I don't think we should scoff at that idea, but regard it as a true skilfulness - an answer to that very prayer spoken by Genla: "Dorje Shugden, please help me with my Dharma practice"

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 09:30:43 AM »
I am sure there must be many other groups or dharma centers throughout the world that are encouraging and teaching new practitioners, and when the time is right, they will publicly emerge like wild mushrooms. NKT centers remain steadfast with Dorje Shugden practice no matter what HHDL said. To them CTA is just a small thorn that will be brushed off in due time. Soon.

It is refreshing and healing to watch such videos and they would be great aids to share with new inductees. It gives renewed hope to the older practitioners especially in monasteries where the ban is in effect for some of these great practitioners are aging.

kris

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 10:02:14 AM »
I am not sure if this is empowerment, but seeing the number of turnouts in the hall make me very happy!! Dorje Shugden practitioners has been "suppressed" for many years, and it is always glads to see this go mainstream!!

I have a request: Can someone here please show the monks in Shar Gaden & Serpom Monastery about such videos. Let them know that they are not alone and we are in this together!

What is said in this video is exactly what my Lama told me, "Pray to Dorje Shugden to guide us in our Dharma practices". If we have a strong motivation to practice Dharma and we pray to Him, He will give us the necessary resources. More importantly, when we pass away, He will come in a form of a monk and hold our hands to a good rebirth so that we can continue our practice IF WE ARE FAITHFUL TO HIM.

I certainly hope that when I die, I will see Him in a monk robe and hold my hands to a good rebirth. After all, that is most important for me now...

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 10:39:54 AM »
I love the description and explanation given by the anila on the Dorje Shugden initiation. It is so simple, so to the point and it represents what Dorje Shugden means so accurately and his goal and his mission as well. It is very nice to hear that she reminded everyone on the real purpose of Dorje Shugden, that he is here to help us remove obstacles in relations with our Dharma practice. That I think, is the most important part of all. If we request Dorje Shugden's help for mundane things such as money and material wealth, then we are directly pulling him down on the level of a spirit as people usually do ask spirits for such things as well. Why ask for something so small from such a great protector as Dorje Shugden when he can confer upon us the attainments of Bodhicitta to us? Is that not a waste? and to ask for anything less than that is more or less practicing him for the wrong reasons.

I have heard from my lama about what this initiation entails. It is basically the Lama taking the hand of the student with one hand and taking the hand of Dorje Shugden with his other hand, and joining the student's hand with that of Dorje Shugden. Then, the lama tells the student that this is your protector and that he will protect you until you attain Bodhicitta. It is a very beautiful ritual, if one may call it as that. As much as I love Dorje Shugden, it is humbling for me to admit that I have yet to receive this from my Lama, but every time I think about sogtae (the name for Dorje Shugden's initiation), i would start visualizing and imagining how it would be when I actually receive the initiation. Wow!! to actually hold the protector's hand! To be guided by both my Lama and protector in my Dharmic endeavors so that I may never ever lose my goals in this life or in future lives! My heart is filled with excitement and tears are welling up in my eyes as I visualize my Lama telling me "This is your protector until you attain Bodhicitta".. I am dreaming and praying for that day to come. It would be one of the most memorable day of my life!

NKT Is still growing well and strong despite all the nasty press against them, created by the self proclaimed crusaders and people who are jealous of their growth. I must admit tho, a center of that size would have their share of politics, but people who abandon Dharma due to politics should not even be in Dharma anyway as they did not study and practice the Dharma for the right reasons but only for a false sense of peace and security. But despite all of those, more people are actually learning and benefitting from them rather than running away. More people are receiving initiations. More people are studying the Lamrim. More and more people are becoming monks and nuns and even more are training to be teachers due to the very complete system of education that was modeled after what is used in monasteries. If this is not a sign of success, what is?

The initiation of Dorje Shugden read out really makes me feel safe. No doubt it reminds me of my protector, but at the same time, it felt like something that I used to have. It is a very familiar feeling..I felt very soothed and safe by her reading. Also, Dorje Shugden's initiation is unique as it does not entail a lama putting a vase over your head, but your lama actually takes your hand to join with that of the protector. Another unique trait of our wonderful protector!

dsiluvu

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 11:32:02 AM »
If someone wants health, then give that to them first. Feed the body before you feed the soul, as it were. People aren't going to even want to go near a lamrim book when they have supposed "problems" to deal with first on the outside. So let's deal with those "problems" first, help them solve those and then introduce who's really behind helping them solve the problems - Dorje Shugden.

So in this way, I think that "helping someone with their Dharma practice" could be something that doesn't look at all like what we think is Dharma. It may very well NOT be the Lamrim, or any kind of formal practice. It could just be to ease their secular concerns first before going to the next level. Not everyone out there in the world wants to sit on a forum and discuss spiritual matters, so how else can we get them to understand the blessings of the Dharma and the Buddhas?

There is some good points to ponder here... thanks honey. Yes I do think the "norm" out there who is the majority does not even know about Buddhism let alone some Protector that promises them He will protect and help them on their "Dharma practice" So far 8 out of 10 of my friends thinks Dharma is meditation, 6 out of them thinks meditation can be YOGA - the exercise that helps one shape the body, and 3 out them do not like or wants to go near any "organised religion"... to them everything is a cult haha.

So basically most people are interested about improving themselves without the hocus-pocus stuff on faith but hocus-pocus stuff on improving their livelihood, relationship, wealth, career, family... they would surely embrace and be more open. Hence in this so called degenerate times, we got to use very skillfull methods to bring them on to that eventual spiritual "path".

Skillfull would be to use what they are most attached to, the very things they value to draw them in... so if it is money, career, relationship... so we use that to talk about Dorje Shugden and how He could possibly improve their "lifestyle" - no harm trying some may think... some will consider and some will do anything to have a good "feng shui" happening in their life.

Hence yes ultimately Dorje Shugden's role is to benefit the "Dharma Practitioners"  to gain "Bodhicitta" and be on to the all "Enlightened path" but this BENEFIT can be in so many varied ways and activities... surely Dorje Shugden would know which is best for the person, that is why Dorje Shugden is Manjushri.

So far most of the people who came across Dorje Shugden I know is because they had some kind of problem and they needed quick help... after Dorje Shugden helped them... their faith then grew and that is when they start "practising Dharma".

Here are some accounts of what people have been experiencing, they tell their story and how Dorje Shugden benefited them ;) http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?cat=943       

Barzin

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 12:36:45 PM »
NKT has always amazed me.  Whenever I meet people and discuss about Dorje Shugden, they will always ask: "are you from New Kadampa?"  This simply means that NKT is famous for Dorje Shugden practice and the dharma work that they are doing.  The 1000 over centers around the world, it always amazed me that even with the ban, the protest, the pressure around all around... NKT managed to surpass all of these and the practice is growing even more and touching more people...  This proven that if it is pure dharma and practice, it will grow.  Again, it shows the power of Dorje Shugden.  Just like what the wonderful holy nun said, we need power and support from a wisdom being - Dorje Shugden.

The video simple exudes calm and peace.  How I wish I was there?  I almost forgotten how wrathful Dorje Shugden looked!  I am amazed at NKT's achievement, the will to spread Dorje Shugden and they have benefited so many people.  I can't wait for the time when the ban is lifted.  How powerful Dorje Shugden will be!

thor

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 02:30:36 PM »
Gen-la Dekyong is so right when she says "we need help". Boy, do we need help! Not only is it the time of degeneration, but Shugden practitioners are facing tremendous pressure for their faith. In the face of all these obstacles to growth, I am happy to see that Geshe Kelsang Gyatso is able to garner so much support - financial and spiritual - to bring Dharma here to the West in such a big way. The temple is beautiful and the grounds are huge. There are so many disciples there, young and old, all following our sacred lineage and upholding it, in the same way that the sangha are doing in India and beyond.

Geshe-la has accomplished so much for the Shugden cause, and although he faces a lot of criticism for his methods, the protests he has so-called organised, and for being a "cult", no one can deny he has built a bastion of Buddhism in the West. Is there a bigger picture coming soon? Will the ban be lifted soon? Whatever the answer is, Geshe-la's work will stand the test of time... and if/when the ban is lifted, NKT will be in a prime position to explode the path of Shugden to the world.

I so so wish I could have been there but I wasnt in the country. How fortunate the audience are to have received the sacred lineage. And i do rejoice that there were so many who were able to attend. I love Gen-la Dekyong's description of Dorje Shugden's love, power, and protection towards us. I love how she can communicate directly to the English speaking students, without the barrier of a translator. I love how she looks so happy when she is teaching; almost radiant, with her Guru's teacher behind her. I also love the comments from the audience, and rejoice to see that young or old, all have found a path in Buddhism and in Shugden. More western sangha please! May the lineage spread far and wide!

lotus1

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 02:50:53 PM »
It is really great to know that there is Lord Dorje Shugden empowerment, especially it is done with so many people despite the ban. Rejoice with NKT is doing. I truly pray that the ban will be lifted soonest so that there will be more Lord Dorje Shugden empowerments to be given to bless more people.

“We need help, support and power – we need power…. We are asking from Dorje Shugden, ‘please help me with my Dharma practice.’
My eyes are wet and feel so connected when I heard what Gen-la Dekyong said. Yes, that’s what I have been praying to Lord DS and he has been supporting me all these while since I known him. I have more chances to learn and practice Dharma now. Without him, I think I would not have progress so far in my Dharma practice, meet with so many Dharma brothers and sisters and be so closed to my Guru. Thank you Lord DS. 

Let’s work hard to spread Lord DS teaching and create massive awareness so that it will push CTA to lift the ban soonest! When that day comes, more people will be blessed and benefited from Lord Shugden.

pgdharma

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 03:13:29 PM »
This video is beautiful and the dharma talk by Gen-la Dekyong is inspiring.

Despite the ban, it is great to see so many people attending the Dorje Shugden Empowerment and I rejoiced that all these people have the merits to receive this sacred empowerment. This is a good sign that the lineage and practice is growing. I can't wait for the time when the ban is lifted and all those DS practitioners now underground can resurface. Dorje Shugden will spread and flourish even more all over the world.

Let us play our part and support the lifting of the ban as we need Dorje Shugden in this degenerate time. "Dorje Shugden, please help me with my dharma practice."