Author Topic: Dorje Shugden Empowerment video @NKT  (Read 31004 times)

Joo Won

Re: Dorje Shugden Empowerment video @NKT
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2012, 05:17:30 PM »
It's so fortunate to have received the empowerment, rejoice for the participants.

What Gen-la Dekyong said in the video is so real, so close to my heart and feeling, it touched me. Even I just reciting our Dharmapala's mantra only for few months but could feel the power already, it has the emotion stabilizing and encouraging powers.

I am new to the prayers and sadhana, but love especially the Daily Sadhana and Request for Activity of Gyalchen Dorje Shugden Prayer composed by Yongzin Trijiang Rinpoche.  What Gen-la Dekyang expressed on the love of Dorje Shugden for all echo with the prayer which says "...the time has come for protect the humble who are without a protector!"

May all have the merits to receive our Dharmapala's blessing and empowerment!

Manjushri

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2012, 06:52:20 PM »
Dear Wisdom Being,
Gen-la is giving a talk in London this weekend. Get there if you can. x

Hi Gomchen!

For benefit of those abroad, like me, what amazing teaching did the compassionate and kind Gen-la Dekyong give over the weekend? Is it up anywhere that we can watch?

I love this short clip of NKT’s Dorje Shugden empowerment. Watching it already gave me such peace and calm in addition to excitement, I cannot imagine how it must've been there personally! It must've been so beautiful. It was the perfect venue and surrounding to an empowerment so significant and precious in one's lifetime. The chilly weather, the green, the beautiful centre, the participants, the shining smiles and Gen-la's gentle, loving and kind demeanour. No doubt it would've been a beautiful weekend.

I would love to have a centre like Manjushri Kadampa Meditation Centre, having vast grounds, serenity, sangha members roaming the grounds.. it's so conducive to one's spiritual practice! I just went onto their website and watched the "video tour", you guys should check it out. Their centre is mouth watering –it looks so well kept and enticing, with so many different facilities to foster different needs.

Also, I like Gen-la’s speech where she mentioned that love is the best method to solve our daily problems, that it is the best method to make us happy and it is the best method to make others happy. I feel that this is because from LOVE comes forgiveness, comes rationality, comes kindness towards others. It is the direct counter towards anger. When you operate from love towards others, whatever limitations you have to what you can or cannot do, what you want or don’t want to do, will dissolve, because all you’d think about is how it will affect the other party if you don’t do it. Our daily problems arises through self-cherishing thoughts, needs, wants and actions, hence love is the best antidote to reducing and ultimately destroying the self-cherishing mind.

To watch the video tour of Manjushri Kadampa Meditation Centre, click here and scroll down the page. You will find it on the right hand side of the page. You can watch it in full screen:

http://nkt-kmc-manjushri.org/

To read a most deserving tribute to Geshe Kelsang Kyatso, click here:

http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=12185

ratanasutra

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2012, 09:16:34 PM »
This VDO is just the part of empowerment which i think it is well done, very inviting and i feel rejoice after i watch it. I don't think there will be a VDO of the whole day of the empowerment, even i wish.

Of course the first feeling after watching VDO is happy for the continue growing of NKT and rejoice with people there who have merit to receive Dorje Shugden empowerment. They are very fortunate to engage in the sacred practice which will protect them till their last day of life. Despite the discourage of the practice but people still attend the practice with happy face, it shows that people are study and know how they should continue with their spiritual path. Their faith to Dorje Shugen are so strong, i just could not imagine how happy they will be when the ban lift as there will many more people can get benefit from his practice.

May all this empowerment be a cause for the bigger empowerment for many more people in near future.   

Aurore

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2012, 09:56:53 PM »
A video so well done I played it a couple of times. I feel so much peace and joy from listening to this video. Gen-La Dekyong spoke with much gentleness and calmness in her voice.  At that moment, I prayed for Dorje Shugden to please guide me in my dharma practice. It was so simple yet powerful prayer.

We are so very in need of Dorje Shugden's guidance. Thousands of years ago, thousands can attained arhatship after attending just one teaching from Guru Buddha Shakyamuni. During then, it was "easier" to gain realisation. Why? Because the now are full of deluded minds, distractions with material needs, increased habituations, attachments and negative inflicted emotions. The Buddha himself said that to live as a nun or monk for a day in our era is equivalent to an entire life of an ordained person during his time. It is that difficult to live an ethical life now.

Therefore, the reliance on the ‘Three Roots’ - Guru, Yidam and Protector has become more crucial now than before due to the dark ages, kali yuga. With Dorje Shugden, the possibility of realising Buddhahood is made possible. This brings much positive hope for us and this video radiates that positivity.

Jessie Fong

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2012, 12:28:13 AM »
It is a waste that the video was not of the whole ceremony but thank you nevertheless. 

NKT is established in nearly every nation worldwide and their members indeed have the merits to have received the empowerment despite the ban.  Gen-la is so patient, knowledgeable, caring and compassionate, speaking in a clear voice.  The look on her face tells you that she must have done something good and definitely her practice is not wrong.

May there be more empowerments.

biggyboy

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2012, 11:08:57 AM »
Wonderful to have series of Dorje Shugden empowerment around and to have thousands of people throng the venues for this sacred practice.  Imagine all those erudite masters whom are practitioner of DS could come out in the open to confer such empowerment everywhere.  Just couldn’t wait longer to have the ban be lifted soon.  Just couldn’t bear to see all these erudite masters to have to hide and do.  Just too suffocating to have them hiding and could not do more for what they should be doing to spread dharma.

We have to do more with passion for the sake of all and the erudite masters to surface.  Let’s free them and free ourselves for them.

gomchen

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2012, 12:56:29 PM »
Dear Manjushri,
I was not able to attend.
There are some more great videos here: http://vimeo.com/newkadampatradition/videos
GR

Midakpa

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2012, 02:40:32 PM »
I enjoyed listening to the Dharma talk. It is very moving, spoken from the heart, with so much faith and conviction in the power of Dorje Shugden. I'm sure Anila spoke from experience. I agree with everything she said, about this powerful practice being the best method to be happy and make others happy. I believe it really works. Dorje Shugden will help us in our Dharma practice and will look after us like a mother or father. I'm very happy for those who received the empowerment that day. They will benefit themselves and others.

Dorje Pakmo

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2012, 05:11:31 PM »
The words spoke by Gen-la Dekyong, are so true and sincere, her voice so soothing and calming, my mind was so peaceful after watching this video. It’s a shame, that this is the only footage we got. The attendees of this empowerment must have felt really uplifted and blissful :). The few testimonials from the attendees give me much positive feeling about this empowerment ceremony. Gen-la Dekyong beautifully shared teachings on love and how our love and reliance on the love of Dorje Shugden can help us remove obstacles in our daily live and our Dharma practice.

I’ve never been to any empowerment or initiation ceremony; hence do not know anything about the procedures and things that happen during the ceremony. But watching this video and the many happy faces that attended, it must have been a powerful experience. How I hope that I’ll be so fortunate to attend an empowerment ceremony by my own Guru in the near future.
Ohhh… I get goosebumps just by imagining it.  ;D

I would like to share with everyone an audio teaching of Gen-la Dekyong I found on youtube. I find it educational, interesting and humorous.
May we stay strong in our practice and may our practice removes our sufferings and benefits all this around us.

Audio clip of Gen la Dekyong at the second day of the 2012 US Kadampa Festival giving commentary after the Empowerment of Dorje Shugden.
Small | Large

DORJE PAKMO

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2012, 03:57:47 AM »
When I heard Gen Dekyong speaking, it touched me because I know that she is speaking from her inner core of her heart. No one will know how Dorje Shugden or Je Tsongkhapa have touched us individually. We only know for ourselves how we have been touched and how this blessing has brought us to where we are today.

It is so fortunate for these people in NKT to be able to receive these sets of teachings which definitely originates from an authentic source. Indeed and I have my 1000% faith in Dekyong-la's words, "Dorje Shugden will care for us like no other mother or father have done before!"

I rejoice in the teachings and its flourishing through the work of these wonderful people in NKT

My great respects to you Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, Dekyongla and of course Dorje Shugden!!!
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2012, 04:35:34 AM »
Why not get empowerments of paths/methods that bring liberation such as Kalachakra, Vajrakilaya, Avalokitesvara, Tara, Yamantaka. Why an initiation of a spirit. It's kind of strange.

Why not go for the top and practice the top methods. Each of these practices have their special unique dharma protectors as in Vajra Vega for Kalacakra, etc.

Why take initiation of a spirit?
 :(

Zach

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2012, 10:00:31 AM »
Why not get empowerments of paths/methods that bring liberation such as Kalachakra, Vajrakilaya, Avalokitesvara, Tara, Yamantaka. Why an initiation of a spirit. It's kind of strange.

Why not go for the top and practice the top methods. Each of these practices have their special unique dharma protectors as in Vajra Vega for Kalacakra, etc.

Why take initiation of a spirit?
 :(

Why keep mentioning Varjakilya we are not Nyingma's.  :o