Author Topic: Dorje Shugden Empowerment video @NKT  (Read 31010 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: Dorje Shugden Empowerment video @NKT
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 03:55:10 PM »
Thank you for sharing this video. I was so touched by the sincerity of Genla Dekyong. She is so gentle and genuine and conveys the care of Dorje Shugden so well. I really wish that many more people will watch this short clip and be as touched as I was. It really moved me to tears to hear someone speak with so much conviction about the loving kindness of Dorje Shugden.  And I loved to hear the testimonials of those who were at Manjushri Centre – when I heard them say how peaceful it was and sociable, I really felt like hopping on the next train up to Ulverston. London is so crazy and I do love it here but sometimes I would love to take a break and find some peace. Those who are at NKT, is it really so peaceful or is it a façade? I don’t mean it with offence but sometimes dharma centres appear all jolly hockeysticks on the outside but inside is chaos and turmoil and more stress than the outside world. So what is NKT really like? Do share!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Tianni

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 05:03:02 PM »
Yes, we have no power to overcome our delusion, we need help, we need Dorje Shugden help me with my Dharma practice. Dorjen Shugden is sure would benefit all of us in our Dharma practice. Let us together support the lifting of the ban.

Thank you for Genla Dekyong, this video is inspiring.

brian

• Email
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 05:48:04 PM »
I have never been to a Dorje Shugden empowerment ceremony before but this is really going to be interesting for me. It is great to see so many other students and teachers in the world are doing their part to help promote the practice of Dorje Shugden! Genla Dekyong for me is such a gentle lady in her speech to spread the practice of Dorje Shugden. i am so ever envy of the people who attended empowerment meetups such as these more so it is of Dorje Shugden. I sincerely wish the practice be lifted as soons as possible so that more and more people are aware and be able to practice is openly. I pray for myself to be able to attend one such event during my lifetime!

Karla

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 06:17:28 PM »
what is this all about? everything this nun says is so vague and new agey. all this stuff about love - oh please. there are so many bookshelves full of these kinds of self help lovey lovey books. give me a break already. this isn't dharma. she doesn't say anything tangible. she just keeps saying you should pray and ask shugden to help you. and love makes the world go round. and we need help and support. So pray, hm!! isn't buddhism about helping yourself and not just throwing it all on some god to help you? this sounds just like those christians sermons they made me go to as a kid where they just tell you that you should put your faith in god and that's the end of it.  Buddhism is supposed to be so logical and progressive. but here she is just talking like those wooly new age healers. i didn't learn anything from this video and i find it hard to believe that anyone here who is a real practitioner would either. how is this an empowerment?

why do all of you just jump on some invisible band wagon rah rah rah all just saying how great it is. do you really think it is? what do you really get out of this video anyway that could actually help you or which you don't already know from a self help book?

Carpenter

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 07:57:24 PM »
I like this video very much, in fact, it is too short, and I love the explanation of Genla Dekyong, it is so insightful and powerful, every sentence, every word he said really touches deep into our heart.
I like especially the statement below:

We have no power on our own to overcome delusions, we need help, and we need Dorje Shugden’s help.

Yes, only enlightened being can help us in this degenerate age, due to the attachment through our senses, we created such delusions, that bring us to a stage that we are so destructive to the people around us. In such, we definitely had no power to overcome our delusions, therefore, we need help, and we needed help so much to fight with our delusions.

Dorje Shugden is born in this era, he is specifically manifest to cater to our level of delusions, he is the un-beatable protector at this time. Seeing so many people attend the Dharma talk by Genla, it is very inspiring, these people are educated, and they understand the effectiveness of Dorje Shugden in helping in our daily life. Despite the ban of Dorje Shugden, but as we all can see here in this video, Dorje Shugden still shines very well.

No one else in this world will love us like how Dorje Shugden does.

gomchen

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 10:16:54 PM »
Dear Wisdom Being,
Gen-la is giving a talk in London this weekend. Get there if you can. x

hope rainbow

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 02:48:14 AM »
Cool video,
What beautiful surroundings, beautiful temple.
Gen-la's voice is beautiful, so appeasing.
Dorje Shugden may be baned in the Tibetan community but what is the Tibetan community compared to the world population? What if a ban upon a small community means that the practice of peace and kindness spreads throughout the world population?
Thank you for sharing this video.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 04:43:19 AM »
It is amazing to see so many people of the West is a Dorje Shugden empowerment. THis is the first time I see such a thing and I am impressed. Genla Dekyong is so calm and collective in delivering her teachings. I really what she said that we need Dorje Shugden to help us in our Dharma practice. Suffering, pain and difficulty comes from delusions and to overcome these delusions, we need help from Dorje Shugden because we have no power to overcome it.

Dorje Shugden is the protector of our time now because of the degenerate times where people are chasing for materialism. So, Dorje Shugden works in a way to provide some form of materialism to the person who prays and through that creates a way to help the person to develop the Dharma seed in them, so eventually they will start their journey in Dharma.

As for Karla, did you not hear from the participants that they had a beneficial time in the empowerment and they came out recharged with a better frame of mind. There's no better way to learn from someone who knows than reading from a book.

sonamdhargey

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 05:04:00 AM »
Thank you for the video. I felt peaceful watching this video and felt a great that DS practice is still very strong and growing rapidly. NKT is worldwide and growing fast and big.

Yes we need help in overcoming our delusions we need a powerful protector Dorje Shugden to guide us to the correct path.

vajrastorm

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2012, 09:00:34 AM »
It is most heartening to note that there was such a big crowd of people attending a Dorje Shugden empowerment, at a time when the ban on Shugden practice was already on in full force.Not only that. H.E.Geshe Kelsang and NKT have done Dharmapala Dorje Shugden proud by spreading His practice so far and so wide. They have now over 1000 centers around the world and there are many NKT monks and great teachers like Gen-la Dekyong, who has conducted this empowerment ceremony so beautifully.

I love watching this empowerment ceremony. The words of Gen-la Dekyong are both simple and profound at the same time, very suitable for the differing needs of the people present for the ceremony. Some would be new to Dharma and some would be serious practitioners. Gen-la Dekyong begins with requesting Dharma Protector Dorje Shugden to "please help (us)with (our) Dharma practice". This is the need of every Dharma practitioner, that our Dharma Protector will help us with our Dharma Practice.

Then Gen-la goes on to entrust all at the ceremony to the kind and compassionate care of Shugden, like the care of a "qualified father or mother"; so all are embraced by Shugden's powerful love and care, the care of "Wisdom Manjushri" . Further on, Gen-la entrusts all who are present to Shugden's guide, for Him to guide on "the correct Path, the path of Sutra and Tantra". Such an all-encompassing empowerment!

Poonlarp

• Email
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 09:26:18 AM »
It's a very nice and soothing video, thank you Big Uncle for the sharing.

I really like the part Gen-la Dekyong says about the care Dorje Shugden gives to us, it's really more that anybody in the world, the cares that protector gives us is beyond our imagination. Although the way Gen-la says is very gentle and soothing, yet I feel strength from Dorje Shudgen, from his loving and kindness.

May I gain more merits to have chance to have the empowerment of Dorje Shugden one day.

Om Benza Wiki Bitana Soha _/|\_

dorjedakini

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 10:06:52 AM »
What a wonderful video. The short teaching by Gen-la Dekyong is so simple yet powerful, not only her devotion toward Dorje Shugden but also to her Guru Geshe-la.

At 0:52 she mentioned : "Geshe-la said love is the best method to solve our daily problems; is the best method to be happy; is the best method to make others happy". Relying on Dorje Shugden is not about to have any mystical, supernatural power, or just material wealth although we need them in daily life. The most important point to be remembered is that we are requesting Shugden the wisdom Buddha to give us the support and help our spiritual practice. Not just solving our daily problem, but making others happy as well which is a Bodhisattva way of living.

We need power, we need support from our Guru and Protector. Testimonial given by the attendee are mainly focusing on love, peaceful and sociable. If Shugden really a "demon", I would say he is the most lovable "demon" we have ever met. I rejoice for the growth of Shugden practice. I pray that Shugden empowerment will be given to the world by various language and places.

Om Benza Wiki Witana Soha

Reena Searl

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2012, 10:24:10 AM »
Thank you Big uncle for sharing this video.

I like the part Gen-la Dekyong says about the love and care Dorje Shugden gives to us.
She said "He will guide us to this correct path, NOW IS THE TIME TO RELY UPON DORJE SHUGDEN"
We can rely upon Dorje Shugden in our dharma journey, embodies DS good qualities and he will help us in our dharma. And if with deep faith we develop respect for him and hold these special feelings continually, we are relying upon Dorje Shugden in thought.

Berry

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 11:48:39 AM »
Thank you Gen-la Dekyang for sharing the benefits of practicing Dorje Shugden, his love to us is more than our parents.

May the ban be removed very soon, may the people all over the world know Dorje Shugden. I wish one day I can receive an empowerment like this too.

puccachip

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 01:36:24 PM »
Thanks for sharing this video clip, Gen-la Dekyang she has a very kind look and soft voice, listen her teaching feeling very calmly. Dorje Shugden is a very powerful protector, protector help me a lot, thank you Dorje Shugden.