Author Topic: Anti-Shugden Chakras  (Read 51728 times)

valeriecheung

Re: Anti-Shugden Chakras
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2012, 01:06:44 PM »
This is very interesting sharing! I don't think this chakra will works to an enlightenment deity manjusri enamation dorje shugden. Enligtenment means free of karma, free of suffering, free of six realms with countless compassion and wisdom. Just this simple chakra will able to stop the endless loves and cares from dorje shugden? This consider the funniest thing i heard. About Dudjum rinpoche, i felt sad he created this chakra and all the action against dorje shugden. For myself as a Buddhist i can't criticise any buddhist temple,monastery,monk and nun. But i can't control don't like him at all. You may choose to not practise any deity but why should Dugjum rinpoche done all this ritual and chakra? Not an ordinary people like me will understand .

jeremyg

« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2012, 01:28:48 PM »
What if the Anti-Shugden Chakra, was actually just a normal Shugden Chakra?

What a great way to help so many!

Klein

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2012, 03:43:43 PM »
What if the Anti-Shugden Chakra, was actually just a normal Shugden Chakra?

What a great way to help so many!

What you wrote is so possible! If Dudjom Rinpoche is a high lama, then for him to make an anti-shugden chakra doesn't make sense. It looks too petty and illogical. If fire pujas can't even get rid of Dorje Shugden, a chakra is definitely not going to do much!

If this is true, my guess is that Rinpoche must like Dorje Shugden a lot. However, Dorje Shugden is a Gelug protector and not a Ningma protector. So it makes sense that Rinpoche can't promote a Gelugpa's protector. One of the ways to help people make a connection with Dorje Shugden is to give away chakras. Once the connection is made, Dorje Shugden will bring the people close to dharma either in this current life or future lives.

pgdharma

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2012, 03:10:26 PM »
This could be possible  too, jeremyg.   Even fire puja  or any other rituals cannot subdue or get rid of Dorje Shugden. Surely Dudjom Rinpoche as a high lama should know that the anti shugden chakra will not work. Dorje Shugden is an enlightened being, how can he be harm? So why is he making the anti shugden chakra unless that is not an anti  shugden chakra but a Dorje Shugden chakra that gives protection and blessing. Sometimes it is so difficult for ordinary beings like us to comprehend and view the whole situation. Unless the ban is lifted, ordinary being like me will just read up more to gain knowledge, trust  Dorje Shugden as He has helped me tremendously and wait for the right time for the truth to be revealed.

DS Star

« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2012, 02:33:20 AM »
That's right... this makes more sense than selling chakras to protect from Shugden...

A high lama like Dudjom Rinpoche should be able to see the clear picture of this whole saga to ban Dorje Shugden. So most probably like you said these are chakras of Shugden to bless people but being promoted as anti-shugden to attract the naive people to make connection with this great dharma protector.

I am glad to observe that lately more and more high lamas taken actions towards DS's favor, skillfully and some showed on surface like they're going against DS practice but it is only logical they're going towards spreading DS. This is one example. Another is the 11th Panchen Lama meeting Preimmier Wen Jiabao of China.

Actually the ban itself had helped to promote DS. As we know in Tibetan Buddhism there countless of dharma protectors, no one will take notice DS. Seems with the ban, the whole world take notice of this Gelug Dharma Protector. One thing for sure, HH the Dalai Lama is enlightened, so, he cannot be wrong about DS. period.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2012, 11:32:07 AM »
Here's some interesting facts about Dudjom Rinpoche:

from wiki
After leaving Tibet, Rinpoche settled first in Kalimpong, in India. He gave extensive teachings in Kalimpong and Darjeeling. These were very popular and he became famous throughout the Tibetan community. But suddenly Dudjom Rinpoche was arrested and jailed in Siliguri, falsely accused by the Dalai Lama's Tibetan Government in Exile of being a Chinese spy. Dudjom Rinpoche was not interested in the Dalai Lama's desire for a union of all Tibetan traditions. In replying to the question 'If some people have been practising according to one lineage, is it necessary for them to change lineages in order to create unity in the community?' Dudjom Rinpoche replied:
Certainly not. Whatever practice a person is well-grounded in is what he should continue. Part of our purpose is to preserve all lineages as methods for attaining enlightenment. … as practitioners we should sustain our own tradition while respecting and rejoicing in the virtue of other traditions.[6]

It is only after the arrest that Dudjom Rinpoche went all out against Dorje Shugden. It is also the same year where the Dalai Lama publicly denounced  Dorje Shugden. Coincidence?

DharmaDefender

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2013, 07:59:26 PM »
Mate just got back from his holiday and brought this back for me as a souvenir. Fantastic, looks like this nonsense is still going strong in some parts of the world. Anyone know what it says?

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2013, 12:41:33 PM »
Mate just got back from his holiday and brought this back for me as a souvenir. Fantastic, looks like this nonsense is still going strong in some parts of the world. Anyone know what it says?

I have no idea what it says but one thing for sure is that it will soon die out because first of all, it is very ugly and secondly, it looks more like a very inauspicious charm or image for anyone to carry around. The craze died down in nepal quite quickly, so i doubt this one would last a long time too. After all, Dorje Shugden's image is waaaaay more auspicious and attractive compared to this poorly drawn imitation that serves nothing but to promote hatred and ignorance. However, the only known producer of such things is Dudjom Rinpoche's center.

lotus1

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2013, 10:43:56 PM »
Oh My Buddha! Do we have such thing in Buddhism? It seems like something related to black magic or cult rather than a protection for me.

The card in Chinese says:

???????

??????????????????
???????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????

I am not sure some of the meanings, a summary from what I understand is:
Wrathful Padmasambhava Iron Scorpion Wheel
It is from the First Dudjom Rinpoche.
With this, no evil spirits, demons etc can cause harm to us.

I found a Chinese page that mentioned about this chakra but do not mention anything about Anti-Shugden.  http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5d02f93f0102dwxp.html. It only mentioned that it is for protection and it is Padmasambhava scorpion practice. A precious tantric practice. 

I just wonder how true it is.  ;D

Anyway, for me, I believe that Dorje Shugden is a Buddha. Maybe this chakra will invite Dorje Shugden closer to us as Dorje Shugden will always protect us from any harm in our spiritual journey.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2013, 09:01:37 AM »
Oh My Buddha! Do we have such thing in Buddhism? It seems like something related to black magic or cult rather than a protection for me.

The card in Chinese says:

???????

??????????????????
???????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????

I am not sure some of the meanings, a summary from what I understand is:
Wrathful Padmasambhava Iron Scorpion Wheel
It is from the First Dudjom Rinpoche.
With this, no evil spirits, demons etc can cause harm to us.

I found a Chinese page that mentioned about this chakra but do not mention anything about Anti-Shugden.  http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5d02f93f0102dwxp.html. It only mentioned that it is for protection and it is Padmasambhava scorpion practice. A precious tantric practice. 

I just wonder how true it is.  ;D

Anyway, for me, I believe that Dorje Shugden is a Buddha. Maybe this chakra will invite Dorje Shugden closer to us as Dorje Shugden will always protect us from any harm in our spiritual journey.

Thanks for the translation, lotus1. It seems that the card does not mention about Dorje Shugden at all which is actually a good sign. However, it could also be that people do not recognise that the 'person' in the image (which is supposed to represent a generic hungry ghost) seems to wear Dorje Shugden's hat. Perhaps the person who printed the card has no idea what it really is and was duped into believing that it is actually a charm that protects against spirits. Having said that, having unreasonable phobia against spirits and ghosts to me sounds very unbuddhist like and discriminative...

Gabby Potter

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2015, 07:10:12 AM »
I can't believe that chakras like this actually exists, what happened to the people who made these? They are making people wearing something they themselves think can '' protect '' them from an enlightened Buddha... Oh my Buddha, I don't know anything else to say...

Ringo Starr

• Email
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2016, 10:33:20 AM »
Here's some interesting facts about Dudjom Rinpoche:

from wiki
After leaving Tibet, Rinpoche settled first in Kalimpong, in India. He gave extensive teachings in Kalimpong and Darjeeling. These were very popular and he became famous throughout the Tibetan community. But suddenly Dudjom Rinpoche was arrested and jailed in Siliguri, falsely accused by the Dalai Lama's Tibetan Government in Exile of being a Chinese spy. Dudjom Rinpoche was not interested in the Dalai Lama's desire for a union of all Tibetan traditions. In replying to the question 'If some people have been practising according to one lineage, is it necessary for them to change lineages in order to create unity in the community?' Dudjom Rinpoche replied:
Certainly not. Whatever practice a person is well-grounded in is what he should continue. Part of our purpose is to preserve all lineages as methods for attaining enlightenment. … as practitioners we should sustain our own tradition while respecting and rejoicing in the virtue of other traditions.[6]

It is only after the arrest that Dudjom Rinpoche went all out against Dorje Shugden. It is also the same year where the Dalai Lama publicly denounced  Dorje Shugden. Coincidence?

Thank you Ensapa for posting the above.

I was just reading up on Dudjom Rinpoche, the previous head of the Nyingma tradition and the one of Tibet’s foremost yogins, scholars, and meditation masters. He is recognized as the incarnation of Dudjom Lingpa (1835-1904), whose previous incarnations included the greatest masters, yogins and panditas such as Shariputra, Saraha and Khye'u Chung Lotsawa.

It looks like the CTA has got it handprints all over this as well.

Tsk tsk tsk!

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2016, 01:47:18 PM »
The Anti-Shugden chakras definitely would not keep the person wearing one away from Dorje Shugden. I am so sorry to know that there are people so foolish to be duped into believing this non truth. Why would anyone want to repel a Buddha whose only intention is to guide one towards enlightenment?

Alternatively, if they are still so stuck in their belief that Dorje  Shugden is a spirit, they should realize the piece of paper with the scorpion picture on it would not be able to turn away this spirit who have survived countless fire Pujas after so many years.

The good thing about this chakra is it keeps reminding the wearer of the Buddha Dorje Shugden.

grandmapele

« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2016, 09:42:38 PM »
This is laughable joke. Seriously, this person is deluded. He is worse than shaman, trying to build on the ignorant's fears and insecurities and ignorance. Reminds of the Y2K sham that went around the world especially in Hong Kong where the ignorant thought that it was a disease and not an internet problem. Shame on Dudjom Rinpoche for trying this con!

If the illustrious masters over the centuries cannot "get rid of" Dorje Shugden what make him think that he can? Even the Mindroling masters has to admit defeat, proving that Dorje Shugden is not a demon.

psylotripitaka

« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2016, 02:41:03 AM »
There are many different types of ritual actions explained in the various tantras, so this is not that unusual. You can read all about psychic combat in the Biography of Ra Lotsawa, and the thing to bear in minds that Dorje Shugden will allow certain things get through to us as part of our training, and it is especially worth considering how loss of mindfulness of the Dharma renders the practitioner vulnerable to some extent, whereas doing various protection practices will have power to greater or lesser extent depending on the concentration of the practitioner. Don't think for a second that psychic attack is not being perpetuated by anti-Shugden people, and it is in the best interest of Shugden practitioners to maintain mindfulness and concentration on the Dharma, especially protection practices, not just because of such psychic attack, but there are many other hindrances and forces that need to be kept at bay until we are strong enough to transform them into the path.