Author Topic: Dalai Lama Bashing  (Read 76029 times)

Helena

• Email
Re: Dalai Lama Bashing
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2010, 05:54:28 PM »
It is precisely because there are so many different types of minds that Buddha invented the 84,000 different ways to achieve enlightenment.

Different individuals have different preferences for this or that and they certainly have so many opinions about what is suitable or not, what is right or not, etc.

If there were not so many different ways, I think many of us would never get the chance to ever hear the word: Buddha or Dharma.

So, perhaps there are different methods different groups would employ to practise the Dharma and express the Dharma or even protect the Dharma - they all would cater for the various groups of people.

It may not be my cup of tea but I can respect that they are doing what they think is right. I would not be insisting that my own thinking is supreme and correct. I would only know what is right for me and best for me.

I am very glad that there are different methods and ways to practise Dharma for every one of us.

As different as it may seem and sound, in the end - we will all arrive at the same destination and that is, Nirvana.

So, please be glad that every one has a fair chance and please allow each to follow the path which is best suited for them. And just be happy that they are on their way - even if they may not be going on the route you like or prefer.

Helena

Lineageholder

« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2010, 06:31:07 PM »
We do not know everything and we certainly cannot understand everything.

It is apparent to me that a lot have been said and will be said over and over again by people who really do not have absolute knowledge of what is really going on, what will be going on and even what has come to passed.

If we still using our old or existing perception to judge and make conclusions on things which are constantly evolving, then perhaps we do not really understand karma, dharma and even samsara.

You're right, we cannot understand everything, but we shouldn't use lack of absolute knowledge as an excuse for inaction either.  You don't need to have 'absolute knowledge' to respond to a situation.  For example, if I see someone dying from injuries on the side of the road, I might think 'maybe they're a Buddha so I don't need to help'.  That would be wrong, because we need to respond to the conventional appearance of suffering which is a valid cognition.  We can consider the story of Asanga and Buddha Maitreya who manifested as a female dog to arouse Asanga's compassion.  Although the dog was a Buddha, he reacted appropriately to the appearance of suffering.

It's the same with the Dalai Lama - just because people think he's a Buddha shouldn't give him the opportunity to destroy the Dharma through sectarian actions.   We give him this opportunity by not reacting appropriately to his actions by claiming that we don't have 'absolute knowledge'.  Asanga didn't have absolute knowledge, but his actions were correct.  It's also correct to oppose the Dalai Lama activities.  There is a schism in the Sangha -that's an object of valid cognition, and everything should be done, individually and collectively, to heal these wounds by revealing the truth and removing political pollution from Buddhism.

So here's a likely truth: what if the Dalai Lama is an ordinary being with ordinary motivation who is wrecking the Dharma through personal and political ambitions?  That possibility is not even countenanced by the people who post on this website.  If you switch off your critical faculties, perhaps you are complicit in the destruction of the Dharma.  That's a possibility that needs to be seriously considered as the consequences are enormous.

DSFriend

« Reply #182 on: November 29, 2010, 06:10:29 AM »
Please be reminded that this forum has clear standing in regards to the Dalai Lama. With that said,differing views has been shared and we request that forum posters respect the mission and objective of this site. This site is not to be used as a hate site in anyway but to promote the protector. 

« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 06:13:52 AM by DSFriend »