Author Topic: Dalai Lama Bashing  (Read 76026 times)

Mana

Dalai Lama Bashing
« on: September 09, 2010, 07:44:55 AM »
We dorje shugden practitioners do not agree with Dalai Lama and his incorrect stance against Shugden. From whatever angle you examine this, it is wrong. But as responsible Buddhists who are holding perhaps the three sets of vows, we should not just bash the Dalai Lama. We may express clearly our feelings and with logic give evidence and that is fine.

This forum is for both pro and anti Shugden people because by debating we can come to a better understanding of eachother. War of words motivated from bias, anger and hate will go somewhat ahead but not fully ahead. Shugden practitioners are in a sort of minority although millions practice him, so the peaceful and logical way to make our case heard is the right way to go. After all, karma will follow all whether you like the Dalai Lama or not.

Therefore Dalai Lama bashing is NOT ENCOURAGED on this website at all. Our website is not aligned to any centre, hence it will not be a platform for the sole views of any centre's but can share views of all centres.

Mana

Helena

• Email
Re: Dalai Lama Bashing
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 09:11:47 AM »
Good valid points, Mana.

It's important to be reminded of this - especially when our emotions run high and that is very easy and does often happen!

I myself have enjoyed this Forum very much and benefited from it a great deal.

Hence, to me, it is a most wonderful sacred space, filled with valuable information and original content such as the first ever Dorje Shugden illustrated story with narration in the world.

I love this website.

Whoever the people or individual behind this website truly loves DS and is or are not selfish.

They must work this hard because they care about others as they want others to receive the benefits of this Supreme Protector Practice. It is not just about them.

These are some the things which touch me about this website as I can see clearly how much effort go into this website. The team could not have possibly create this website to serve themselves. So, for this and more, I truly appreciate.

So, thank you, Mana, for the kind reminder and I would like to thank the website team yet again for doing so so much.
Helena

Zach

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 01:22:30 PM »
Our Wonderful tradition of Je Tsongkhapas profound instructions teaches us that we should view all living beings without exception as our kind mother as they have been in innumerable past lives, While I would denounce my mothers Ignorance and wrong view on such grounds I would never wish her harm but would only pray for her health and happiness and alleviation of Disturbing views, The Dalai Lama is also my kind mother and i shall extend the same courtasy to him weather we are abused, shouted at mistreaten or beaten, Dorje Shugden looks after my Dharma practise and helps increase our realizations, Those who rely upon him sincerly will have no problem demonstrating a pure wealth of restraint and discipline with regards to those who cause harm to us, The first practise of a Bodhisattva is cherishing others so in the spirit of the tradition our Dharma protector upholds let us follow this example without falter and cherish others even if they turn against us.  :)

DSFriend

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 02:00:30 PM »
Our Wonderful tradition of Je Tsongkhapas profound instructions teaches us that we should view all living beings without exception as our kind mother as they have been in innumerable past lives, While I would denounce my mothers Ignorance and wrong view on such grounds I would never wish her harm but would only pray for her health and happiness and alleviation of Disturbing views, The Dalai Lama is also my kind mother and i shall extend the same courtasy to him weather we are abused, shouted at mistreaten or beaten, Dorje Shugden looks after my Dharma practise and helps increase our realizations, Those who rely upon him sincerly will have no problem demonstrating a pure wealth of restraint and discipline with regards to those who cause harm to us, The first practise of a Bodhisattva is cherishing others so in the spirit of the tradition our Dharma protector upholds let us follow this example without falter and cherish others even if they turn against us.  :)

Very refreshing and uplifting! Thank you Zach.

lightning

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 02:52:06 PM »
well said ;)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 03:24:43 PM »

Well said, Zach! You rock!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

triesa

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 05:13:46 PM »

That is the spirit of this forum! Very well said Zach indeed.

Cheers,
Triesa

beggar

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 05:19:43 PM »
Zach, bravo!

Spoken like a true practitioner of Dorje Shugden who encourages  mind-transformation and kindness always. It is people like you, and your example, which will inspire many people towards Dorje Shugden because they see you, your action and your practice and realise that it is good. We are always the best example to "show off" our practices.

honeydakini

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 03:25:10 AM »
We dorje shugden practitioners do not agree with Dalai Lama and his incorrect stance against Shugden. From whatever angle you examine this, it is wrong. But as responsible Buddhists who are holding perhaps the three sets of vows, we should not just bash the Dalai Lama. We may express clearly our feelings and with logic give evidence and that is fine.
Mana

Thanks Mana for maintaining decorum! What you (and beggar - who replied this post in another thread I believe) have said makes very much sense to me. If we are participating in this forum and wish to build up its reputation, credibility and strength as a forum/resource centre, then we must also act and write in a way that will reflect that.

People coming on here don't want to hear all the pettiness of "this lama, that lama" "this policy, that policy". They will want to practice dharma - and we too would like them to practice dharma! So let's make that possible for them, the Buddhist way - which is to present them with as much information and education as possible.

Perhaps they don't agree at first, but that "disagreement" and debate may be the very impetus for them to first find out more, develop faith and begin to practice. Perhaps it will spur them on to find a teacher. Perhaps it will lead them down a road of investigation that leads to a dharma centre and supportive, "live" dharma community that will encourage them to practice... you just never know!

Either way, I agree very much that we must respect other readers' intelligence and allow them the space and place to come to their own informed decisions, based upon useful, beneficial information presented here (and everywhere on the website).

(this, I think, applies not just to what we do on this forum, but in all our conduct everywhere. People see us as the first representative of Dorje Shugden, Lama Tsongkhapa, the lamrim - so how do we reflect that? Do we share more information with others to soothe their mind? Or do we just irritate/ offend even more?)

And here, we owe a big round of applause and gratitude to the website for making it possible for us to gain all this information / education, and therefore continue to share it and pass it on. May many, many more gain access to these precious teachings.

thaimonk

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 10:04:46 AM »

If every forum participant accepts what you wrote and follows this beautiful practice, then all dorje shugden practitioners can unite in one voice for one cause without bickering within. That is the right way to go. Good job Zach.

pgdharma

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 03:53:38 PM »

I like what you said. May we all practice in harmony!!!

triesa

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 04:24:40 PM »
What I like about this forum is that most of the participants can express their views in a logical manner without over bashing others.

Most people destest conflicts, but it really depends on how you take the stand. Even in disagreement, there is absolutely no need to call each other by names which are obviously rude. I always like to see both sides of the coins, because that give me an opportunity to have a wider vision and more clarity will arise.

As forum participants, we should always remember to pay respect and appreciation to the hard work of team of people behind this web site. We should all strive to make this forum a great educational and learning ground for everyone.

Afterall, we should cherish those who hurt us, by upholding the principles of the buddhadharma, and being a real Dorje Shugden practitioner. That I think...... will please our dear Dharma protector Dorje Shugden very much.

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 04:33:11 PM »
I think it's great that Dalai Lama's direction now is to ask people to "check out" and that "It is up to you whatever deity you want to worship"!

Also, anyone who thinks logically will see that from the beginning until now, the "contradiction" in Dalai Lama's speech is very obvious. If Dalai Lama wants to destroy reliance on Dorje Shugden, I think he will go all the way, afterall, Dalai Lama is still the most popular and authoritative Tibetan Buddhism master.

On a worldly view, Dalai Lama can have control of the Tibetans, but not NKT, nor practitioners under many Shugden lamas in various countries, especially with the establishment of Serpom & Shar Gaden.

Also, I am sure such statement/direction will make more Chinese who wants unity in great motherland curious and check out who this Shugden is.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 07:52:37 PM by Vajraprotector »

Helena

• Email
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 07:27:32 PM »
Everything in good time  :)

We can either choose to be part of the group of people or even pioneers who made it possible for Dorje Shugden to be promoted everywhere, or we choose to be part of the group of people who just complain, disparage and accuse others for having faith in both HHDL and Dorje Shugden.

I rather choose to be in the group that promotes our great Protector and educate as many people as possible, enabling them to really check it out for themselves, because HIS TIME HAS COME.

So, we all need to work for the Dharma and the Protector to flourish.

As another poster rightly wrote, HIS TIME IS HERE.

When more people get connected with Dorje Shugden, everyone wins because everyone will be guided into the Dharma.

There lies the greatest unity of all, IN DHARMA, BY DHARMA - all thanks to a most Supreme Transcendant Protector.
Helena

Zach

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 10:55:19 PM »
Everything in good time  :)

We can either choose to be part of the group of people or even pioneers who made it possible for Dorje Shugden to be promoted everywhere, or we choose to be part of the group of people who just complain, disparage and accuse others for having faith in both HHDL and Dorje Shugden.

I rather choose to be in the group that promotes our great Protector and educate as many people as possible, enabling them to really check it out for themselves, because HIS TIME HAS COME.

So, we all need to work for the Dharma and the Protector to flourish.

As another poster rightly wrote, HIS TIME IS HERE.

When more people get connected with Dorje Shugden, everyone wins because everyone will be guided into the Dharma.

There lies the greatest unity of all, IN DHARMA, BY DHARMA - all thanks to a most Supreme Transcendant Protector.

Well spoken  :)