Author Topic: Dalai Lama corrects himself on Chinese Panchen Lama  (Read 28435 times)

Tracy

Re: Dalai Lama corrects himself on Chinese Panchen Lama
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2019, 03:18:36 PM »
Is the Dalai Lama going to take another rebirth and be recognised or he is not? He has said before he will not come back again after he enters into clear light but now he said he will maybe take rebirth in India and the one recognised by China will not be the real one. So does the Dalai Lama want to take rebirth again or he is not?

Anyway, if the Dalai Lama said an enlightened being can take rebirth and emanate into different individuals after they enter into clear light (like how he said about the Panchen Lama), does it mean he can also? It will also make the Chinese recognised Dalai Lama a valid one. In fact, the Chinese recognised Dalai Lama will have more credibility because he is recognised by the Panchen Lama whereas the so-called CTA recognised Dalai Lama will not be recognised according to the tradition.

CTA can do all they want in the recognition of the 15th Dalai Lama, the Chinese government won't care so much because the Tibetans in Tibet will support the Chinese recognised Dalai Lama like how they support the Chinese recognised Panchen Lama. To have both the Dalai Lama and Panchen Lama in China, it will be very beneficial for the preservation and spreading of Dharma.

Sometimes I really don't know if I should believe in the Dalai Lama or I should not. He said he is not going to come back again after he passes away, now he said he will take rebirth in India. Which statement is true? Why did he always change his mind?

Isn't it similar to the Dorje Shugden issue? Before the ban, he was also a Dorje Shugden practitioner, he even wrote a beautiful prayer to Dorje Shugden to praise the enlightened quality of Dorje Shugden. Then suddenly he said Dorje Shugden is a demon and he was wrong to practice it. Isn't he a Buddha? Doesn't he have the power to see the truth? How can he be wrong?

If the Dalai Lama can be wrong in the early days thinking Dorje Shugden is an enlightened being, he can also be wrong to say Dorje Shugden is an evil spirit! I have heard people saying that the Dalai Lama keeps manifesting mistakes and confusion for a bigger picture. He is actually helping to promote Dorje Shugden. His Holiness Trijang Rinpoche also mentioned this before. I guess if we don't really believe in the Dalai Lama, we should believe in Trijang Rinpoche. For that reason, we should not lose our faith in the Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden. Focus on practicing Dharma and develop strong Guru Devotion in order to progress in our spiritual practice.

Alex

• Email
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2019, 12:37:05 PM »
Recently His Holiness the Dalai Lama reconfirms that there is the possibility of the Panchen Lama having 2 incarnations at once and he gave the example of Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo who he himself has 5 incarnations. He is indirectly saying the China Panchen Lama is an authentic Panchen Lama incarnation.

This is huge news because China has been condemned since they recognized their own Panchen Lama. Tibetans were saying that their Panchen Lama is the fake one while the real Panchen Lama that was recognized by His Holiness the Dalai Lama is missing. Now that His Holiness confirms that Chinese Panchen Lama to be authentic, it changes the scene entirely.

Chinese's Panchen Lama is authentic which means he will be able to recognize the next Dalai Lama. Other than that, His Holiness also gave credibility to the Chinese government for recognizing high reincarnate lamas. This gives China a huge advantage on the issue of the 15th Dalai Lama.

michaela

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2019, 02:46:18 AM »
The Dalai Lama has declared twice that the Panchen Lama in China is also the real Panchen Lama. If the Tibetans are loyal to the Dalai Lama and believe that he is the emanation of Chenrezig, then it is time for them to show support by respecting and stop condemning the China's choice of Panchen Lama.

pemachen

• Email
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2019, 02:51:49 AM »
The Dalai Lama has declared twice that the Panchen Lama in China is also the real Panchen Lama. If the Tibetans are loyal to the Dalai Lama and believe that he is the emanation of Chenrezig, then it is time for them to show support by respecting and stop condemning the China's choice of Panchen Lama.

Most of the Tibetans out there (except for the Lamas and Geshes) do not think, or perhaps the truth is they do not care anymore. After all, many of them are now citizens of other countries, their kids are going to local schools and becoming European/American/Canadian/Indian citizens or permanent residents, only by "tradition" they respect His Holiness the Dalai Lama, they don't really listen to him now.  If they do, why don't they accept China's Panchen Lama as the real Panchen?

Tracy

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2019, 03:04:17 AM »
It seems like the Dalai Lama is indirectly giving the authority and endorsement to the Chinese government. He is implying that the Chinese government is capable and has the ability to identify the reincarnation of a high lama. It means in the future when the Chinese government recognise their Dalai Lama, he will be the real one. Besides, the recognition of the Dalai Lama by the Chinese government will also be done following the tradition, i.e., the Dalai Lama will be recognised by the Panchen Lama in addition to the Golden Urn.

daka

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2019, 03:07:27 AM »
It's kind of sad, but it has become a truth that Tibetans are no longer fully respecting the Dalai Lama as their spiritual leader anymore. Not only they don't listen to the Dalai Lama in this case, in other cases like their refugee status, they too chose not to follow the Dalai Lama's footstep. Many have chosen to abandon Tibetan cause and are becoming citizens of other countries. The whole Tibetan cause is a lost case now, it's no more that just a tool to get money from the West.

Rowntree

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2019, 03:30:48 AM »
The Dalai Lama should advise the CTA to stop making China their enemies. The world leaders are making China their friend and are receiving benefits for their countries. Everyone wants a piece of China now because they do not want to fall behind and wish to move forward. This news below further support the current global trend.

Monaco has signed a deal with Huawei to develop a series of telecommunications and internet technology. The deal was clinched a few months ago but a new agreement has been signed recently. Xi was recently in Monaco and dined with the Monaco Royal Family.
https://www.lightreading.com/iot/iot-strategies/monaco-telecom-and-huawei-sign-new-agreement-on-iot/d/d-id/749973

After Monaco, Xi Jinping is now in Paris and will be meeting with Emmanuel Marcon, the French President who has said that he will be taking a tough stance against China’s push into the EU.

The French President has surprisingly asked the German Chancellor Merkel and European Commission President Juncker to join his meeting with Xi. Apparently, it’s a sign of EU solidarity but it may just be France not being able to handle Xi alone.

There used to be a racist saying that 2 ‘Wongs’ don’t make one ‘White’. But now it looks like it takes 3 big Whites to equal one Wong. ????
https://www.google.com.my/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/business/technology/chinese-leader-visits-monaco-amid-european-5g-tech-worries/2019/03/24/50054a80-4e38-11e9-bdb7-44f948cc0605_story.html

https://www.google.com.my/amp/s/amp.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy/article/3002935/frances-macron-asks-merkel-and-juncker-join-meeting-xi-jinping

Alex

• Email
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2019, 03:31:52 AM »
Finally His Holiness the Dalai Lama recognizes the Chinese Panchen Lama. Despite the recognition being unofficial, the Panchen Lama will be able to do his work better with less resistance in the future. He will be able to spread Dharma easier in Tibet. Whether or not he is the real Panchen Lama, he is a very learned monk, and lamas like him should receive support and so that they can benefit sentient beings by sharing their Dharma knowledge and practice.

His Holiness the Dalai Lama is extremely skilful. He is the only one that can trick China into allowing Buddhism to grow within their borders. If he had recognized this Panchen Lama in the first place, China would have probably stopped him from teaching and they might even lock him up to prevent him from spreading his words. Since His Holiness the Dalai Lama recognized another young boy instead, China promoted this Panchen Lama the best that they can to "oppose" His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Because of this, His Holiness the Dalai Lama was able to make sure the Panchen Lama got education and support from the government to spread Dharma.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 05:37:17 AM by Vajraprotector »

daka

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2019, 03:39:45 AM »
Besides, the recognition of the Dalai Lama by the Chinese government will also be done following the tradition, i.e., the Dalai Lama will be recognised by the Panchen Lama in addition to the Golden Urn.

This is the key. If following the tradition, the Dalai Lama is supposed to be recognized by the Panchen Lama, then the only Panchen Lama who can do this is the China Panchen Lama. By recognizing the Chinese Panchen Lama, the Dalai Lama is hinting that in future he might need recognition from this Panchen Lama which also suggested that in future the next Dalai Lama could be someone recognized by China.

daka

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2019, 03:44:41 AM »
The Dalai Lama should advise the CTA to stop making China their enemies. The world leaders are making China their friend and are receiving benefits for their countries. Everyone wants a piece of China now because they do not want to fall behind and wish to move forward. This news below further support the current global trend.

The CTA is stupid but not stupid to the extend that they can't see the global trend. My guess is not that they don't want, but they can't be friend with China. If they are making friend with China, they will lose their victim card which they have been using to earn monetary support from the west and that's their biggest concern.

pemachen

• Email
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2019, 04:20:40 AM »
If you look at the comment made by Dicki Chhoyang, you will not be surprised about the kind of person Lobsang Sangay is. He is the cause of the fall of the Central Tibetan Administration. Not everyone wants to ship Gaden hre.

Read Dicki Chhoyang's statement for more information:

Home » News » Be responsible, and choose the right Sikyong: Dicki Chhoyang
Be responsible, and choose the right Sikyong: Dicki Chhoyang
A screen grab image of Dicki Chhoyang from a video on Monday explaining the reasons for her resignation as the Kalon (Minister) of the Department of Information and International Relations of the Central Tibetan Administration on 28 February.

A screen grab image of Dicki Chhoyang from a video on Monday explaining the reasons for her resignation as the Kalon (Minister) of the Department of Information and International Relations of the Central Tibetan Administration on 28 February. YouTube

Tibet Sun Newsroom

MCLEOD GANJ, India, 7 March 2016

Dicki Chhoyang resigned as the Kalon (Minister) of the Department of Information and International Relations of the Central Tibetan Administration on 28 February. She stated that her reasons for resigning were because of collective interest and the significant challenges that lie ahead for Tibet, and promised she would reveal more details in due course of time.

On Monday, she released a statement, which is in clear criticism of Sikyong Lobsang Sangay, and elaborates on why he is not the right person to get elected to the post of Sikyong.

Following is her complete statement:

STATEMENT

Kasur Dicki Chhoyang
    6 March 2016

On February 28, 2016, I resigned as Kalon of the Central Tibetan Administration so I could participate in the discussions leading up to the 20 March 2016 general election. I would not have been able to publicly express my personal opinions while serving as Kalon. My resignation does not stem from any external pressure and is unrelated to being included or not in the next Kashag. I remain fully committed to the Tibetan cause and the Central Tibetan Administration.

H.H. the Dalai Lama is 80-years-old and for his entire life he has worked for the benefit of Tibetans and continues to do so. We are blessed by his presence during this critical historical juncture, but great challenges are yet to come. We must be ready to face them. There is no time to be lost. The next Sikyong has a key role to play in ensuring this. The office of Sikyong is the highest honor bestowed by the Tibetan people upon one individual to serve as our political leader. Below are some personal character traits which I consider important for this person to have:

Committed to the collective interest — A Sikyong should be a person whose motivation and dedication to the collective interest is beyond question.
        Someone who can think holistically and with a long-term vision.
        Honest — Who will tell the truth, answer questions directly and be transparent.
        A team player — A person who can bring the best in other people through collaboration, mutual support, guidance and encouragement.
        Value substance over appearance — Someone who will understand that having depth is more important than external appearance.
        Respectful of others — An individual who will give due credit to colleagues and those who served before him/her.
        Humble — To not be boastful and have the ability to recognize one’s knowledge and skills limitations, to consult with others and listen to advice.
        Confident — Have the confidence to stand on one’s own merit and not refer to praise from respected leaders like H.H. the Dalai Lama and Samdhong Rinpoche as a crutch to gain public trust and respect.
        Who can rise above regionalism — Someone who will rise above traditional sources of community tension such as regionalism and not exploit it for personal gain such as electoral votes.

I wish to speak further about this last point. While we have improved significantly compared to the past, the current electoral campaign season has strong regional overtones. This is destructive. We must teach our children to think of themselves as Tibetan first and exercise their democratic right and duty to vote based on issues and not regional identity. Let’s hope we can demonstrate greater collective maturity in 2021.

During this campaign season, the range of issues debated has been disappointing with their irrelevance to the current situation in Tibet and our political movement. We have a moral duty to prioritize issues touching the 98% of Tibetans living in Tibet. The self-immolations in Tibet and the recent death of 16-year-old student Dorjee Tsering in India and 18-year-old Kalsang Wangdu in Kanze are a heartbreaking reminder.

On 20 March 2016, Tibetans will go to the poll and exercise their collective duty and wisdom. I appeal to all Tibetans to take this responsibility seriously and make an informed choice on behalf of Tibetans inside Tibet. I am confident we can successfully face the challenges to come, but we must choose the right individual to lead us.

In closing, I wish to express my upmost respect for all staff members of the Central Tibetan Administration and especially the Department of Information and International Relations staff with whom I worked during the last 4-1?2 years. There is no doubt in my mind that the Central Tibetan Administration, under the right leadership, will represent and further the interest of Tibet and Tibetans.

###

Copyright © 2016 Tibet Sun Published in Tibet Sun Posted in News » Tags: Central Tibetan Administration, Dicki Chhoyang, Politics, Tibetan Cause

https://www.tibetsun.com/news/2016/03/07/be-responsible-and-choose-the-right-sikyong-dicki-chhoyang

PrajNa

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2019, 04:30:57 AM »
Most of the Tibetans out there (except for the Lamas and Geshes) do not think, or perhaps the truth is they do not care anymore. After all, many of them are now citizens of other countries, their kids are going to local schools and becoming European/American/Canadian/Indian citizens or permanent residents, only by "tradition" they respect His Holiness the Dalai Lama, they don't really listen to him now.  If they do, why don't they accept China's Panchen Lama as the real Panchen?

This is indeed very sad. This is really the product of 60 years of being in exile with nowhere to go, and still nowhere to go. Luckily the Indian government is kind, so many Tibetans are able to get out of this predicament by becoming Indian citizens. Otherwise, I really do not know what options are there for the poor Tibetans in Dharamsala and in India in general.

Tracy

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2019, 02:49:58 PM »

This is indeed very sad. This is really the product of 60 years of being in exile with nowhere to go, and still nowhere to go. Luckily the Indian government is kind, so many Tibetans are able to get out of this predicament by becoming Indian citizens. Otherwise, I really do not know what options are there for the poor Tibetans in Dharamsala and in India in general.

Tibetans are luckiest refugees in the world. Other refugees, they are confined in a designated area or camp and not allowed to go anywhere. They have to apply for asylum from other countries. When they are accepted only they can leave the camp. Most of them don't have the luxury to maintain their own culture or tradition when they are living in another country.

For the Tibetans, the Indian government is very kind to give them lands and allowed them to establish their own government, use their own language and maintain their own culture and religion. They can move around in India freely. With the Yellow Card, they can also travel overseas even though there are some restrictions.

Free Tibet movement is definitely a failure. The Dalai Lama and the CTA should show appreciation to India by encouraging the Tibetans to take on Indian citizenship so they can also contribute to Indian Tax System. Many Tibetans are very used to Indian culture anyway, Tibet is probably not the best place for them anymore.

Drolma

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2019, 02:57:38 PM »

At the end of the day, the real victims of the Tibet issue are the normal Tibetans themselves. They are used by their own government as a tool to beg for donations from various countries so their leadership can continue to withdraw a huge salary.

The wealth enjoyed by the Tibetan leadership is from the sufferings of the Tibetans. The CTA is making the Tibetans remain as a refugee on purpose so they can enjoy perks and benefits from all around the world. The CTA enjoys it because they don't have to take responsibility for anything, all they have to do is to victimise themselves.

The CTA has to make sure there are still many refugees living in India so they can continue to get free money from the sponsors. They are lazy, useless and incapable of doing good to anyone. They create disharmony in the Tibetan community and make troubles for their kind host, India. In short, the CTA us greedy and ungrateful.

Alex

• Email
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2019, 12:14:50 PM »

One of the easier ways for Tibetans in exile to get out of their situation is to join India as their citizens. There nothing left for them in the Tibetan settlements except more poverty, disappointments and lies from the Tibetan government. 60 years had passed and they should have known that their government is not capable of achieving Tibetan cause.

However, I heard that the Tibetan government is making the process of converting to Indian citizen very difficult to discourage the Tibetans from doing so. They want the Tibetans to stay with them so they can further exploit them and milk them like a cash cow. If there is no more Tibetans left in the settlements, there is no reason for the western countries to give them donations.

Tibetans leadership is a group of very selfish people who only think of themselves and their own benefits. The Tibetans in exile are very unfortunate to have them as their leadership and they are destined to suffer under their guidance. If the Tibetan can't convert to Indian citizenship, they should look into returning to Tibet as China had recently opened their doors to them.