Author Topic: And so! Tibetan in China no longer live in poverty stage. How about those Tibet  (Read 33461 times)

christine V

• Email
From the news, seem that the China government have successfully leave Tibet from poverty stage

And so! Tibetan in China no longer live in poverty stage. How about those Tibetan refugees in Indian?
1) Still remain as refugees status while their leaders having other countries' passport
2) Live in poverty and still depends on international donation fund
3) Poor education system that most of the youngster do not know about Tibet in China and have lost their direction on their future
4) Live in fear as the result of the illogical Dorje Shugden's ban so that the CTA could further manipulate their peoples

LHASA, Jan. 24 (Xinhua) -- Southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region reported 10-percent GDP growth last year, marking the 25th straight year of double-digit growth, local authorities said Wednesday.

Tibet's GDP reached 131.06 billion yuan (around 20.5 billion U.S. dollars) in 2017, according to statistics announced at the 11th Regional People's Congress.

Last year, the plateau region achieved a 23.9-percent increase in its fixed asset investments, totaling around 205 billion yuan, and raised the per capita disposable income of its urban and rural residents by 10.3 percent and 13.6 percent respectively.

Over the past five years, Tibet has remained one of the fastest growing provincial-level regions in China. Livelihoods, the environment, infrastructure and the region's competitive industries have all improved.

In 2018, Tibet set a target to achieve GDP growth of around 10 percent, with an 18-percent increase in fixed-asset investment as well as increases of more than 10 percent and 13 percent, respectively, for urban and rural per capita disposable incomes.

Richardlaktam

• Email
It is indeed a very good news to rejoice!! China had promised to develop Tibet and now they have done it! What did CTA do to the Tibetan in India? Other than taking money from other countries that donated to them, NOTHING! Do you see it CTA? Do you see it Lobsang Sangay? I pity those Tibetan who still stay in India. Look, your so called own country is well developed now, what did your beloved Sikyong do to you all?

Celia

Any improvement in the standard of living of the Tibetans is really good news as it means that the sufferings of Tibetans are somewhat addressed. Quite unlike those in Tibetan settlements in exile who are still left high and dry by CTA despite decades of foreign financial aids and donations given for the welfare of Tibetans in exile.

Then again, what else can you expect with CTA who are more preoccupied with looking after their own interests at the expense of Tibetans?

It would not be surprising and probably a matter of time for CTA to kick a fuss about China's assistance and efforts to improve the welfare of Tibetans simply because it makes CTA look bad.

Belinda Mae

It is great to hear that Tibetans in China no longer live in poverty which shows that China really helped them to improve their livelihood. The most pity ones are the Tibetans in India. No improvements in all aspects including government, education, economy, etc. When is this nightmare going to end for them???

Pema8

There are improvements in so many ways in Tibet now. Time does not stand still and we cannot keep on holding on on the past.

I am very happy that the living conditions have improved so much. Hopefully the Tibetan Government in Exile also prioritises on the Tibetans and find ways to integrate for a better future of the Tibetans. Up till now nothing has been done to give peace to the Tibetans in China and abroad - I really hope this changes and Tibetans can move on with their life!

Rowntree

Well, the Kashag - Central Tibetan Administration (CTA) is living in luxury and never tasted poverty. They take full advantage of their positions and connections to make sure they are well fed and rich. That is why the Tibetan refugees in India remain as poor refugees. Their benefits are all spent by a handful in power. This is very very different compared to the Chinese leadership. Shame on CTA!

Tracy

China may be a communist country, but it tries to close the gap between the rich and the poor and bring the poor out of poverty. They understand that in order to maintain the stability and harmony in the country, equality is important and poverty is one of the key problems they have to address. Everyone should be given the same opportunity to strive for the best.

Tibet, due to its geographical location has been isolated for many years and the living condition of the Tibetans was tough as it was difficult for goods to be delivered to Tibet. After China took over the ruling of Tibet, highways, roads, railways, airports were built to enable a better communication and exchange with the rest of China and the world. Schools, university, hospitals were established to provide better welfares to the people.  As a result, the earnings of the Tibetans and living conditions of the Tibetans have improved tremendously. Over the past five years, Tibet has remained one of the fastest growing provincial-level regions in China. This is what China has done to the economy and social development in Tibet.

On the other hands, what have the CTA done for the Tibetans in exile? After 60 years, the Tibetans are still stateless, they continue to remain as a refugee. Nothing has really been done to improve the livelihood of the Tibetans, they still have to receive a subsidy from India. There is no industry, no agricultural activities, no higher learning institution. The most the Tibetans can do is running a restaurant or a shop. The CTA is inefficient and ineffective as a government. If the Tibetans want a better future, the CTA will be the wrong one to put their hope in.

Alex

• Email
China has been pumping in investment into Tibet and alot of infrastructure has been invested including highways and airport. China is doing development in Tibet that the Tibetan Government failed to do so last time when they are still in power. China had also invested millions of funds into the preservation of cultural heritage sites and also religious sites such as Potala Palace and monasteries.

All of these will be impossible with the Tibetan government are still in power. Take a look at the Tibetan settlements now and compared it to 60 years ago. It is still backward and underdeveloped. Millions of donations have been given to CTA for the Tibetan Cause but it seems like only very little will reach the hands of the Tibetan.

All of the funds will go into the Tibetan politician's wallet. No wonder most of them have foreign country passports and even a property in overseas that is paid for. I guess when they go overseas to attend events, they might even go for a walk to shop for new houses just in case India decided to kick them out, they still have a place to stay.

SabS

With China pumping in millions and millions of money into raising their standard of living and preservation of their cultural buildings, etc, I would say most Tibetans are happy as now they are their own masters with opportunity of property and business ownerships. It is hope that China has given them unlike the feudalistic system where there is nothing to hope for. Below are some horrendous pictures of the serfs so starved and having the limbs chopped off. There is one of someone's skin and a baby's one with the face. My god, their barbaric acts are so skilled. And the Tibetans want to go back to that kind of life? Urmmm I don't know. Even in India, CTA has not changed to improve at all. I won't want CTA back in Tibet. No way when I can have hope of owning my own life.

SabS

See how the Chinese are helping the women in Tibet and promoting their living standards to owning their business. This is empowering families with opportunities to succeed. China even brought them to various countries to help them learn. What has CTA done for their people? Still sweater sellers in the villages??? Urmm and CTA is standing up for what? To bring Tibet back to feudalism?

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1124247.shtml

Alex

• Email
See how the Chinese are helping the women in Tibet and promoting their living standards to owning their business. This is empowering families with opportunities to succeed. China even brought them to various countries to help them learn. What has CTA done for their people? Still sweater sellers in the villages??? Urmm and CTA is standing up for what? To bring Tibet back to feudalism?

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1124247.shtml

How nice China is helping Tibetan women to improve themselves and help themselves out of poverty. This is a very good effort from China because an effort like this goes a long way and its effect is long term. Tibetan government will never be able to do something like this for their fellow Tibetans.

Since Tibetans went into exile in India for 60 years, the Tibetan government could have easily organised workshops like this to help the Tibetans to give them a skill for them to survive in the society. These kinds of workshops are highly beneficial but the Tibetan government did not do anything like this at all. All they do is just spreading the false idea that they will be returning to Tibet soon and hence they just live by the day and expecting the day to return to their homeland to come.

All the Tibetan government did is just exploiting their people and to get as much money as they can. At one point, they even glorified those who self-immolate. What kind of government glorified suicide and it is indirectly encouraging their people to kill themselves. China taking over Tibet does not seem like a bad idea anymore.

Rowntree

With much financial resources and determination to develop Tibet, They are even venturing into vinevard and wine production done.

Here's some short info from something I read recently online.

The company started planting vines at the site in 2012.

After initial failures in other locations, the growers noticed that in the Cai Na area—the name itself in Tibetan means ‘source of vegetables’— vines could survive and mature well in the gardens of local houses.

Rong Shun Biotechnology said that it planned to expand vineyard planting on the Tibet Plateau, with support from the local government’s poverty relief initiative.

‘The grand target is 10,000mu (666.7ha) wine plantings by 2022,’ it said.

The company said that it also planned to build production and wine tourism facilities to help create jobs in the area.

From: https://www.decanter.com/wine-news/worlds-highest-vineyard-tibet-says-guinness-world-records-402447/#SKffoLLA7m53EFeI.99

pemachen

• Email
Some of my Tibetan friends are excited about the new railway project. The railway, which will run from Chengdu, capital of Southwest China's Sichuan Province, to Lhasa, capital of Southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region will make it easier for Tibetans to travel and trade to/from Chengdu (one of their favourite destinations).

The 250-billion-yuan ($36.16 billon) railway, which will have a designated speed of between 160 and 200 kilometers per hour, is expected to be completed by 2026. Only China is able to fund such type of development. If Tibet were to be its own country, this will never happen. Also, this year, the Central Tibetan Administration is relying on US Congress' US$17 million 'aid' for the Tibetans in Exile. It's obvious the Tibetan refugees in India are going nowhere, still relying on aids after almost 6 decades as refugees.

Alex

• Email
Some of my Tibetan friends are excited about the new railway project. The railway, which will run from Chengdu, capital of Southwest China's Sichuan Province, to Lhasa, capital of Southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region will make it easier for Tibetans to travel and trade to/from Chengdu (one of their favourite destinations).

The 250-billion-yuan ($36.16 billon) railway, which will have a designated speed of between 160 and 200 kilometers per hour, is expected to be completed by 2026. Only China is able to fund such type of development. If Tibet were to be its own country, this will never happen. Also, this year, the Central Tibetan Administration is relying on US Congress' US$17 million 'aid' for the Tibetans in Exile. It's obvious the Tibetan refugees in India are going nowhere, still relying on aids after almost 6 decades as refugees.

The railway project will definitely open up Tibet to many people and more opportunities for development will arise. Soon, Tibet will no longer be the barren lands where nomads wander around in the wilderness. China really put their heart and soul into developing Tibet and the Tibetans are receiving it positively. They finally able to understand that all these are no possible if the Tibetan government is still in charge. They will probably be still isolated from the world.

For years I would think China is really exploiting Tibet and they are the bad guys. But when I see what they are doing for the Tibetans, it changes my perspective around. They are helping Tibet alot by building roads, airports and preserving monasteries. They are in fact doing Tibet a favour by bringing in technology and speed up the process of developing Tibet.

The Tibetan government will never be able to do what China did and instead of condemning China, they should thank them. Look at how CTA treated the Tibetans in exile we will know. Tibetans in exile rather leave their government and fight for their future in foreign western countries is already a big indication of how bad it is in India. Lastly, Im glad China took over Tibet and hence Tibetan Buddhism is flourishing all over the world.

SabS

The railway project will definitely open up Tibet to many people and more opportunities for development will arise. Soon, Tibet will no longer be the barren lands where nomads wander around in the wilderness. China really put their heart and soul into developing Tibet and the Tibetans are receiving it positively. They finally able to understand that all these are no possible if the Tibetan government is still in charge. They will probably be still isolated from the world.

For years I would think China is really exploiting Tibet and they are the bad guys. But when I see what they are doing for the Tibetans, it changes my perspective around. They are helping Tibet alot by building roads, airports and preserving monasteries. They are in fact doing Tibet a favour by bringing in technology and speed up the process of developing Tibet.

The Tibetan government will never be able to do what China did and instead of condemning China, they should thank them. Look at how CTA treated the Tibetans in exile we will know. Tibetans in exile rather leave their government and fight for their future in foreign western countries is already a big indication of how bad it is in India. Lastly, Im glad China took over Tibet and hence Tibetan Buddhism is flourishing all over the world.

I do agree with you and I think the majority too. All these years, I had thought that China has been mistreating the Tibetans. I think it may be initially true but lately news like all these empowering activities for the Tibetans to succeed in their livelihood turned my views to realise China does care for Tibet to grow. If they are exploiting then there is really no need for Tibetans to be given the opportunity to learn and be given chance to own their ventures right? Just go in and grab whatever they need. But China did not. Under the current President Xi, so much had been done for the Tibetans. If CTA views this positively then they will realise how generous China actually is. The past is the past and every country has their history of war and conquer, which by the way is what Buddha taught...impermanence. Learn to live with the present and work with the Chinese for the harmony of the Tibetans.

Hmmm, I forgot. CTA only cares for themselves. All those billions of USD sponsored funds gone. Poof! pemachen mentioned this year its $17millions from USA government (excluding private or other countries). A small part of that taken to spend on skills education for the exiles would go a long way for the future. Its so sad that the Tibetan Cause had been in the spotlight of world news for the past 60 years and yet the help that should benefit the real refugees never reach to their level. Exploited in Tibet and exploited in refugee camps. All the good works of Tibetan ministry.