Author Topic: Dalai Lama inaugurates a book on 'Dhogyal'  (Read 54748 times)

dsiluvu

Re: Dalai Lama inaugurates a book on 'Dhogyal'
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 04:05:31 PM »
Thanks LT.... and the next thing we hear is this... An innocent monk was hurt, why Dalai Lama??? What are you teaching? CTA creates violence again! http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/cta-creates-violence-again/comment-page-1/#comment-52905

Whether it is the CTA who assigned these violent attacks or not... it is no doubt that the more HH Daia Lama talks about Dorje Shugden being bad and discriminating, the more He is creating negativities and igniting hater and pro-Dalai Lama illiterates to take such violent actions! You''d think they are Buddhist, but no they would even attack monks and yes we all know sometimes kill!

Disgusting people... why would they ever think that they will even get their country back? They are crazy and violent people!!

Zach

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 07:17:39 PM »
Stop lying Dalai lama !

Well we must need to step it up a bit then :)

Admin

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 09:09:48 PM »
Yes, we must step it up. We must do much more awareness and social media to highlight what CTA is doing. All Dorje Shugden practitioners must unite and put away differences for the sake of removing the ban in life and online.

The ban must be removed against Dorje Shugden practitioners who are following a pure lineage. All lamas who practice Dorje Shugden will be able to bring Buddha Dharma to a larger audience with this ban removed and the unfair stigmas against them eliminated. We must unite further to remove this ban starting here.

Admin

Stop lying Dalai lama !

DharmaSpace

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2014, 12:02:47 PM »
@Losang Tenpa will Shar Gaden have a press conference or press release so all the prominent press in the world can be notified of such a heinous act on an elderly and productive member of the sangha?

The dorjeshugden.com website has been alerting the whole world about all the things CTA wants to cover up. A press release would be beneficial to keep CTA in check and not do anything stupid at this juncture. And this attack is NEWS for all the news people. The indian democracy and people needs to be aware of what is happening in their backyard. The world needs to be informed that all is not well within the Indian motherland. 

Lineageholder

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2014, 10:12:18 PM »
@Losang Tenpa will Shar Gaden have a press conference or press release so all the prominent press in the world can be notified of such a heinous act on an elderly and productive member of the sangha?

The dorjeshugden.com website has been alerting the whole world about all the things CTA wants to cover up. A press release would be beneficial to keep CTA in check and not do anything stupid at this juncture. And this attack is NEWS for all the news people. The indian democracy and people needs to be aware of what is happening in their backyard. The world needs to be informed that all is not well within the Indian motherland.

This is a very good idea, although the world's media are very resistant to reporting anything negative about the Dalai Lama, so the truth takes a long time to come to light.

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2014, 12:34:12 AM »

Dear Venerable Losang Tenpa,

If I understand correctly, you are a incumbent American monk of Shar Gaden Monastery. If this true, may I suggest as you speak/write English that you make this even go viral on the internet. Hold press conferences or at least write letters with pictures to send to the many Indian press and international press to bring attention to what is happening. You can offer yourself for interviews by the press if necessary. Since you are there and you are fluent in speaking/writing English I think this would be helpful. Perhaps the press will pick up on it perhaps not, but trying is important. Since you live there you are vital for first hand information.

It's nice we pray and wish our enemies well, but we also need to speak up. Take positive action like go to the press especially if we are living in Shar Gaden. CTA always falsely accuses Shugden practitioners as violent and killing Lobsang Gyatso of Dialectical School in Dharamsala which is a total lie (as they cannot prove it in any way till today), but now we have this violent incident to show them what they are inciting the Tibetan public to do each time the Tibetan leadership speaks up against Shugden which they did again in Sera recently. 

This website/forum are good, but it needs to reach a much wider audience either directly or we inform them of this forum. We must bring more people here to read and let them know what has happened to Gen Chonzey. It's the lease we can do to show support and not let this incident 'go to waste'. We must let the world know what CTA is still doing.

This year, CTA has a big budget (rumoured by the Sera Monks who attended the teachings and friendly with CTA) to use for further propaganda and tactics to suppress Shugden practitioners.

By the blessings of Dorje Shugden we have this website keeping up up to date and appreciate all the work, time, research that has been put into this place give us first hand and reliable news. This website is consistent and so much information.

Thank you www.dorjeshugden.com and thank you Ven Losang Tenpa.

TK

This is a very good idea, although the world's media are very resistant to reporting anything negative about the Dalai Lama, so the truth takes a long time to come to light.

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2014, 12:37:30 AM »

We should step it up.
We must make this article on Gen Chonze go viral on internet so more can read on the violence CTA resorts to when they don't get their way.

The Dalai Lama had a 27 mins speech in Sera on the 3rd day of teachings (Dec 2013) against Shugden again. And how harmful Shugden is and the followers are violent and how he must be very careful. Will not these words incite the crowd?

TK

Stop lying Dalai lama !

kris

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2014, 02:51:50 AM »
The Dalai Lama had a 27 mins speech in Sera on the 3rd day of teachings (Dec 2013) against Shugden again. And how harmful Shugden is and the followers are violent and how he must be very careful. Will not these words incite the crowd?

TK

Wow.. 27 minutes on how harmful on Dorje Shugden... I wonder how many people will benefit if He would spend 27 minutes on Manjushri or Shakyamuni, etc..

... and Shugden practitioners are violent? Who beat up the 84 year old monk? Who is the one who incite the hatred and dividing the Tibetans?

I do agree with the argument above that, why do you need a book on "Dhogyal" after so many years? The only logical conclusion we can come to, is that people are starting to question this whole issue of Shugden. Previously, without the internet, not much information can reach the Tibetans, but now, with the internet, the Tibetans are getting more and more information, and the "fact" about Dorje Shugden is no longer a truth.

That's why social media about this Shugden is an important task to have more Tibetans being informed about the truth.

dharmacrazy79

• Email
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2014, 07:13:38 AM »
Based on the track record of the CTA and the debate points they used in the past, I can only state that this book would have minimal impact, as the content will carry little weight.

In some ways, in agreement with Hope Rainbow, this book could be used to show how without basis the anti-Shugden movement is. After all, there is no need to justify if there is…no need to. What more a second justification.

I view this new book to be a desperate effort of the CTA to repair their tarnished reputation that I believe is the direct consequence of poor performance and result and the governing body of the Tibetans in exile. The change from Tibetan Government in Exile (TGIE) to an administration is certainly a downgrade. Not only will this organization be looked upon with reduced regard internationally, this demotion will cause Tibetans themselves to question the necessity of the CTA.

Therefore, instead of focusing time, effort and resources to cause further harm within the Tibetan community and Buddhadharma, the CTA should focus on supporting the Dalai Lama to spread the pure teachings of Lord Buddha.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2014, 02:51:39 PM »
This was found on the website.

http://tibet.net/2013/12/29/his-holiness-presides-over-geshe-lharampa-degree-award-ceremony-launches-book-on-dholgyal/

Bylakuppe, Karnataka, India, 28 December 2013: This morning His Holiness the Dalai Lama walked briskly from his car to the teaching venue in the Sera Jey courtyard. He smiled and waved to well-wishers in the crowd, but did not stop. Once the recitation of the Heart Sutra was complete, successful Lharampa Geshe candidates received their certificates and posed in groups for photographs with His Holiness. Before the teaching began, Chairman of the Geluk International Foundation, Lama Chosphel Zotpa addressed the assembly.

Acknowledging His Holiness, Ganden Tri Rinpoche and other honoured guests he announced that his request for a special ceremony had been accepted.

“With regard to the practice of Dolgyal, which has caused no end of trouble in the monasteries in India, it has been discouraged and the Ganden Tri Rinpoche and others have made it clear that we should put a stop to it. Consequently, we have compiled a book containing all the relevant documents. With due respect I would like to ask His Holiness to launch the book, which is being published by the Geluk International Foundation under the auspices of the Department of Religion & Culture of the Central Tibetan Administration. Ganden Tri Rinpoche is the head of the Geluk International Foundation, which consists of the 11 major Geluk monasteries. It has been set up to look after education in those monasteries and to improve it where we can. For example, at our instance, the Geluk exams will include science from 2014.

“This book is called ‘Opening the Eye of Discernment: a Golden Key’ and I invite the Shartse Abbot, Jangchup Choeden, to introduce it.’

Ven Jangchup Choeden stepped forward and explained that the book had been compiled by three bodies among which the Geluk International Foundation (GIF) had played the leading role. It is not a document that has been compiled under His Holiness’s or anyone else’s order, but as a result of decisions made by GIF. As a result of many years of investigation, His Holiness the Dalai Lama has made it clear that the practice of Dolgyal should be stopped. As a result, there are some who say that His Holiness is snatching away their religious freedom. This, Jangchup Choeden said, is untrue. While Buddhism flourished among Tibetans, Dolgyal followers say Dolgyal is an authentic Geluk protector. Others say Guru Padmasambhava bound him by oath and that Tulku Dakpa Gyaltsen was asked to arise as a Geluk protector. These are all false tales. As interest in Buddhism extends around the world, more and more people want to know the truth.

“I’d like to explain how it was compiled,” Ven Jangchup Choeden said. “We investigated all the relevant documents, starting with the 5th Dalai Lama’s statement that Tulku Dakpa Gyaltsen was recognised through the manipulations of his mother Lag Agyal and later arose in the form of a wrathful spirit. We concluded that Dolgyal has not only not been helpful to the Gelugpa tradition, but has actually been harmful to it. This is why it’s important to make clear what the Gelugpa position should be about this in the future. Finally, our teacher and guide His Holiness the Dalai Lama has been giving vast and profound advice about the practice of Dolgyal. We pray that he may live for aeons and aeons for the benefit of sentient beings.”
Chosphel Zotpa asked the Sera Jey abbot to present the book to His Holiness for him to launch it, which he did, unwrapping and presenting it to the assembly and adding his comments:
“I saw a copy of this book in Delhi and glanced over the contents. It seems to have been done thoroughly. It has been claimed that Dolgyal is a protector of Jamgon Lama Tsongkhapa’s tradition and at one time I propitiated it on this basis. When I was at Dromo, the medium of Dolgyal and Dulzin was there while the mediums of Nechung and Gadong were absent. As a follower of Phabongka Rinpoche’s tradition and a student of Trijang Rinpoche, I made a connection with Dolgyal.

“However, after coming into exile, Gyen Pema Gyaltsen and others, including my spiritual abbot, Ling Rinpoche, evinced great reluctance about the practice, which made me pause and look more closely into it. I did a series of tests and examinations culminating in my doing a divination to decide whether I should stop the practice or not. I looked back on Dolgyal’s history, to the works of the 5th Dalai Lama, who was the most influential person to know him. In his biography he wrote starkly about Dolgyal, saying that due to the devious manipulation of Lag Agyal Gekhasa the wrong candidate was recognised as Tulku Dakpa Gyaltsen. He stated clearly that ‘because of distorted prayers he became a perfidious spirit (dam sri) and brought serious harm to sentient beings.’ He also mentioned that when the spirit went to Tashi Lhunpo, he was stopped by the guardians at the gate so he went on to Sakya where, when challenged, he identified himself as a ‘perfidious spirit’.

“In the early part of his life Phabongka Rinpoche was an eclectic non-sectarian. The 13th Dalai Lama admired him. He did a retreat on Tamdin Yang Sang (Hayagriva, a wrathful aspect of Chenresig and a protector of Sera Jey Monastery) when Trijang Rinpoche was a small boy. Rinpoche told me that he remembers the attendants making pills in connection with it. Later, when he openly propitiated Dolgyal, this changed. There are claims that his teacher Tagphu Dorje Chang composed the life entrustment ritual, but there don’t seem to be records of this. Tagphu Dorje Chang was a Gelugpa who also did Nyingma practices. He’s said to have written down a vision he had of the Ka-gye. Trijang Rinpoche had a copy of it. Later, as Phabongka Rinpoche became more sectarian, he stated that Tamdin Yang Sang should not be included in the merit field. By his propitiation of Dolgyal and his propagation of the practice Phabongka Rinpoche upset the 13th Dalai Lama.
“There is a report that one of Phabongka Rinpoche’s disciples, an attendant of Nguru Ta lama, dreamed of Dolgyal in trance. The spirit announced in a high-pitched celebratory tone: “It will be on the 30th after the 9th is finished.” This may be taken to have been a celebratory prediction of the 13th Dalai Lama’s passing away. Was this something to celebrate? Compare it to a dream someone had when Je Sherab Sengey passed away in which Palden Lhamo cried, ‘My brother has passed away.’

“The 13th Dalai Lama had a broad vision for Tibet, but many of those who worked for him didn’t fulfil it. He didn’t give extensive teachings, but he was strict about how monks studied in the monasteries. After the 13th Dalai Lama passed away, Phabongka Rinpoche escalated the practice of Dolgyal. I too became involved in the practice out of ignorance. After I began to speak about stopping the practice Gyen Ugyen Tsetan said to me that between the lama and the protector, in terms of tantra, going against the lama’s word is more serious.

“Many people followed my advice; the abbots told me many people had stopped the practice. And yet there are those who would deceive others by saying that I am still propitiating Dolgyal, showing pictures of me with an image of Dolgyal in the background. In Tibet there are even stories that Tulku Dakpa Gyaltsen is an emanation of Je Rinpoche arisen as a haughty wrathful spirit. When he died, Je Rinpoche merged the mother and child clear light and attained the illusory body. Would such a being arise as a haughty wrathful spirit? The suggestion is just defamatory.”

His Holiness commended people not to dismiss this book which contains facts and true accounts of what happened. He said:

“If you want to dispute what it says, that’s up to you. If, after studying the book, you want to oppose the Dalai Lama, that’s also up to you. To make a mistake out of ignorance is understandable, but to act knowingly is another matter. There are those in the USA and Europe who publicly demonstrate against me over this. People call me an enemy of Buddhism and Je Rinpoche’s tradition. In this connection I quote Khache Phalu: ‘I have given my heart’s advice to you, you can pay heed to me or not as you wish.’ In the USA and here in India I am provided with security protection because of the perceived threat related to this issue.

“The Dolgyal people are quite rough. They killed the Director of the Institute of Buddhist Dialectics by stabbing him and cutting his throat along with two other young scholars. They have threatened people in Mundgod and elsewhere. Because of this we need to be careful.

“Gyen Pema Gyaltsen was strongly opposed to the propitiation of Dolgyal; Trijang Rinpoche and Zong Rinpoche strongly supported it. Ling Rinpoche and others remained quiet about it, but Pema Gyaltsen told me he was very unhappy about it. I stirred up this turbulence where there was calm. Palden Lhamo has a role in this and I’m acting on her behalf. It’s necessary to be clear about what should be known, but once you know you can do what you wish.”
Resuming his reading of the 5th Dalai Lama’s ‘Sacred Words of Manjushri,’ His Holiness remarked that meeting Dharma in this human life happens only once, not over and over again. He remarked that this text contains the entire meaning of the Great Stages of the Path. He also reiterated that all Tibetan Buddhist traditions follow the Nalanda tradition of study and practice and that is something to be proud of. He also read from ‘The Swift Path,’ the Stages of the Path text by Panchen Lobsang Yeshe and from ‘The Southern Lineage,’ the Stages of the Path text by Je Gendun Jamyang, which follows the instructions of ‘The Sacred Words of Manjushri’. Transmission of both of these latter texts His Holiness received from Trijang Rinpoche.

He repeated the story of Dromtonpa’s passing away. Dromtonpa had laid his head in Potowa’s lap, when a tear fell on his cheek and he asked what the matter was. Potowa answered, “Who will I rely on when you’re gone?” and Dromtonpa told him to rely on scripture. His Holiness commended this as very appropriate advice. He concluded the day’s session saying:

“The question is whether we have put our precious human life to any meaningful purpose or not.”

I find it very trivial and funny when they have to bring in Lag Agyal into the picture implying that she is so powerful that she manages to manipulate the situation and fool the then Dalai Lama to be recognised as Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen.  Is there no other way to defend your story? If not, just let it go and life the ban!

Even the tone of the Dalai Lama in launching the book is quite neutral. He does not force his followers to follow what he says but to make their own choice after reading the book.

lotus1

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2014, 05:27:24 PM »
Agreed with tk.
Dear Venerable Losang Tenpa, if you or anyone from Shar Gaden and with first hand information, I urge you to step up and hold press conference or write letters to the Indian press or International Press to bring more attention to this matter.
Please send a copy of the letter or information of the press conference to Dorjeshudgen.com and I am sure they will publish that out. All the Shugden practitioners and I will support you in spreading the news so that more people will get to know the truth. CTA has created violence again to the Shugden practitioners. (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/cta-creates-violence-again) We have to stop them from doing harm again! 

lotus1

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2014, 05:47:52 PM »
Thanks Galen for sharing. It is sad to see so many lies in the article and what HH Dalai Lama said.

HH the 5th Dalai Lama, HH Trijang Rinpoche, Kyabje Ling Rinpoche, as well as HH Panchen Rinpoche have composed prayers for Dorje Shugden. They are all lineage masters and high lama. Are they all wrong?

Prayer by HH The 10th Panchen Rinpoche : http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/dharma-readings/complete-collected-writings-of-his-holiness-the-10th-panchen-rinpoche-lobsang-trinley-lhundup-gyaltsen-1938-1989/

Prayer by the 5th Dalai Lama to Gyelchen Dorje Shugden: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/prayers/dorje-shugden-prayers/prater-by-the-fifth-dalai-lama-to-gyelchen-dorje-shugden/

Prayer by HH Trijang Rinpoche to request for activity of Gyalchen Shugden: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/prayers/dorje-shugden-prayers/request-for-activity-of-gyalchen-shugden-by-kyabje-trijang-rinpoche/

Prayer by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche to request for activities of Protectors: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/others-old/request-of-activities-of-protectors-by-kyabje-ling-rinpoche/

Lineageholder

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2014, 06:59:37 PM »
Thanks for sharing Galen. It would seem that, apart from those who have remained steadfast to our great protector, the Gelugpa is officially dead. They have signed their own death warrant by following the false teachings of the Dalai Lama and have disowned their Lineage Gurus. They are even defaming them.

It is a great sadness that such politicking has taken root and I'm sure it's a lie that this book has been produced without the urging of the Dalai Lama.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2014, 05:37:58 AM »
“The Dolgyal people are quite rough. They killed the Director of the Institute of Buddhist Dialectics by stabbing him and cutting his throat along with two other young scholars. They have threatened people in Mundgod and elsewhere. Because of this we need to be careful. -Part of Dalai Lama's speech when inaugurating book on Dhogyal.

Galen, thanks for sharing the article from the official website of the CTA. Looks like the people on HHDL's side wanted to show who was the rough one when five men attacked an 84 year old monk in Trijang Ladrang.
With the publishing of this book, it is very apparent that the CTA are going all out to convince the mass of their lies and non-truths regarding Dorje Shugden. Shoudn't their effort and funds be channeled towards the cause of uniting and creating a harmony Tibet? It is so obvious the Shugden issue is eating the CTA that a book have been published and launched on such an important event as The Lam Rim teachings days. Have they forgot the fact that the Lam Rim's teachings came from Pabongka Rinpoche, who is a Dorje Shugden practitioner?

dondrup

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2014, 11:25:08 AM »
Sera Monastery simply could not realise the preciousness of Lamrim! They were willing to sacrifice a section of His Holiness Dalai Lama's tight teaching schedule to focus on the inauguration of the new book on Dorje Shugden and to disparage Dorje Shugden! I guess Sera Monastery had no choice as they are under the watchful eyes of the Central Tibetan Administration (CTA)!

Much harm would arise whenever HHDL talks negatively about Dorje Shugden. I pray that negative and inauspicious things do not arise for example the untoward incident that befell Gen Chonze! 

Thousands of people had attended this teaching which was broadcasted live with translations into other languages. The inauguration is perhaps another blessing in disguise! Thousands of people around the world had been introduced to Dorje Shugden! The world would really be interested to know why HHDL, CTA and their supporters would invest so much attention and effort to bring down Dorje Shugden which is simply an impossible task because Dorje Shugden is a Buddha!

May the truth prevails and Dorje Shugden's blessings pervade far and wide to overcome the darkness of ignorance!