Author Topic: shartse khenpo response on visit with HH Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche article  (Read 20668 times)

donoharm

on Gaden Shartse Khenpo's facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/KRjangchoe?hc_location=timeline
Yesterday
My reply to dorjeshugden.com

Dear Melisa Sands and Kay Beswick,

I hope you are in great health. I send you wishes for prosperity and happiness.

Please note I am sending this clarification reply to you on your baseless reports published on September 26, 2013 Abbots Urgently Sent to the USA and November 2, 2013 UPDATE: Abbots Urgently Sent to the USA.
I think this is right time to clear the misleading information to enlighten public. Please don’t mislead public by writing baseless reports. At least try to spend little more time to find authentic information before reporting it to public.

Thanks for adding up final paragraph on November 2, 2013 report. I am happy to read that paragraph of your report on me as great blessings from you.

1. I and my colleagues at Gaden were concerned about the gap between His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Trijang Chogtrul Rinpoche. That motivated us to take this initiative to bridge the gap but alas.
2. I was never ordered or appointed by Kuger Yigtsang or anyone to request Trijang Chogtrul Rinpoche to return to participate any program, anywhere. I personally and as an abbot of Gaden Monastery took initiatives to meet Trijang Chogtrul Rinpoche to talk to him. In great kindness Trijang Chogtrul Rinpoche gave me plenty of time to talk and be with him. Please note, Kuger Yigtsang never delegated or appointed me to reach Trijang Chogtrul Rinpoche.
3. On meeting Trijang Rinpoche I requested him to re-consider his stand on Shugden issue for various important reasons. Though he didn’t say yes or no to my request, but he didn’t told me “Gaden monastery has ‘forgotten’ about him”.
4. How and why some people left Gaden Monastery and Gaden Shartse in 2008 is well-known fact. No one can change the truth by twisting the story after five years. It is very simple. Some people chose to abandon the monastery for personal interest and benefit and the monastery failed to stop them from doing that.
5. Since, I travelled to meet Trijang Chogtrul Rinpoche to Vermont, USA on personal initiative and as abbot of Gaden with messages from Gaden Shartse Monastery and Gaden Lachi, why should I relay any reply to those messages to Kuger Yigtsang. This is just an insane comment from the reporter. I have no knowledge about what email Trijang Chogtrul Rinpoche want to send to His Holiness the Dalai Lama and CTA in Dharamsala.
6. What is curious about letter being written on the letterhead of Gaden Lachi and Gaden Shartse Monastery? As a senior abbot of Gaden, I represent Gaden Lachi and as abbot of Gaden Shartse Monastery I represent Gaden Shartse Monastery. Messages of these two organizations definitely comes on their letterhead. Why should it come on the stationary of the Kuger Yigtsang? His Holiness the Dalai Lama don’t need to request Trijang Chogtrul Rinpoche to return to some where. His Holiness has achieved unimaginably great achievements through his own efforts. If some one returns or not, won’t make any difference to him. Please don’t try to mislead people by writing baseless comments.
7. We felt it is really important to revive relationship between Kyabje Trijang Chogtrul Rinpoche and His Holiness the Dalai Lama. The holy relationship between these two historic figures are buildup for many lifetimes and we believe it is not good to let it break now. Therefore, I and my colleagues felt it is good to try to have presence of Kyabje Trijang Chogtrul Rinpoche in upcoming teachings of His Holiness the Dalai Lama in Sera Monastery. Thus we planned it solely in our own initiative. To His Holiness the Dalai Lama, if Trijang Chogtrul Rinpoche attends these upcoming teachings in Sera or not won’t make any difference at all. Most important issue for me and my colleagues are to restore relationship between two holy man. But it is really a great disappointment to see some people doing everything possible to stop or topple our efforts.

Gaden Shartse Khenpo
Topanga, California, USA — in Topanga Park, CA.

donoharm

Dalai lama Requested HH Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche come back to Ganden Monestery, India

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

What the Shartse Khenpo is saying seems overtly anxious to refute the article. It looks like he is trying his best to cover the Dalai Lama's ass (sorry - no disrespect intended), but failing miserably. But isn't lying breaking one of the basic refuge vows? And he is an Abbot too. Have some balls, my friend, and speak the truth.

And to add, the Shartse Khenpo should come to this forum and respond. Why not? I mean it is more relevant to refute the 'facts' here, where he obviously read the article, than to write on his Facebook. Although, what he is doing is really helping promote DorjeShugden.com on his Facebook which is probably the last thing he wants to do! LOL Poor chap. I do feel for him.

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

donoharm

Shartse Khenpo,

Guess you are on your way to Ganden Monestery from Delhi.

First of all,  watch what you say when it  comes down to His Holiness Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche.

4) You Clearly said,  Shar Ganden monks chose to abandon shartse monastery
      for PERSONAL interest and benefit..     
A) The truth is ,  Shar Ganden monk were forced out of shartse, just  because they are keeping pure geluk lineage.

7) You said,  Makes no deference to you all or dalai lama, if His Holiness Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche comes back to ganden or not .
A)  Without His Holiness Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche,  Your whole Geluk Lineage history is  " body with no Head"

icy

Oh my Lord Shugden! It is unbelievable ridiculous how Shartse Kenpo portrays Gaden Monastery with his craps.  It is utterly unbecoming and unfitting of a kenpo for what he had uttered about H.H. Trijang Rinpoche.   Obviously he had to fabricate lies to the whole scenario to defend and justify himself and believes we are gullible.

I am sad for Gaden Shartse Monastery for the kind of abbotship Gaden is having today.  In the past Gaden Monastery had always enjoy illustrious, selfless and top notch abbots.  It is clearly obvious that monks of these caliber have been forced to cross over to Shar Gaden because of the ban on Shugden.  Doesn't it truly indicate these monks of their strong loyalty and commitment to their Lama and Lineage in the face of adversity?

Anyway thank you Kenpo, you are doing DorjeShugden.com a big favour by posting the above on your facebook.  You are directing traffic to DorjeShugden.com. 

Q

The 'Abbot' is a big fat liar... as an abbot that's a puppet to the CTA and HHDL, it would be impossible for him to wake up one day and decide to 'mend' the gap between HHDL and Trijang Rinpoche.

I don't usually speak ill of holy men (even if they're not too holy), but the abbot of Shartse really pissed me off. The way he say about Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche, how it does not matter if Trijang Rinpoche returns to India or not is also a huge lie, and it shows how much he 'respect' Trijang Rinpoche, our Gelug lineage master.

Lineageholder

This letter was posted on an anti-Shugden forum, a reply from the Dalai Lama's office about this issue.  I have taken out the person's name to whom it was sent:

Dear **********,

This is to acknowledge receipt of your letter regarding the news about
Gaden Shartse Khenpo (Abbot) published on Shugden Website.

I am copying below the Facebook link of Gaden Shartse Khenpo, where he
clarifies about the baseless report published on Shugden Website:
https://www.facebook.com/KRjangchoe?fref=ts

Moreover, for your information, over the years, His Holiness the Dalai
Lama has consistently and patiently discouraged Tibetan Buddhists from
practicing or propitiating the Dholgyal (Shugden) spirit. The
discouraging of the propitiation of Dholgyal lies in the interest of the
people in general and the Buddha Dharma in particular. It is a spiritual
endeavour started from the time of the Great Fifth Dalai Lama
(1617-1682) and carried on through the ages by Tibet’s most accomplished
masters.

His Holiness has advised against the propitiation of Dholgyal on the
grounds that such practices corrupt the profound and vast teachings of
Buddhism, wherein our ultimate refuge is the Buddha, Dharma and the
Sangha. While the profound teachings of the Buddha are based on the two
truths and the four Noble Truths, the appeasing and propitiating of
Dholgyal to the extend it is done by those who do this practice.
Degenerate the Buddhsit practice into a form of spirit worship.

Proponents of this form of spirit have also resorted to violence by
murdering three Tibetan monks in Dharamshala in February 1997 and also
assaulting others who are suspected of opposing the propitiation of the
Dholgyal spirit. Indian police blamed the killing on followers of
Shugden or Dholgyal.

In light of these evidences and also there have been veiled threats
against the security of His Holiness. Intelligence sources also have
asked that His Holiness’ security be maintained at its highest alert
wherever He goes.

I hope this information helps.

With best wishes,

Tsultrim Dorjee
Administrative Assistant

Office of His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Thekchen Choeling
Mcleod Ganj – 176219
Dharamshala
Himachal Pradesh
INDIA

Tel.: +91-1892-221343/221879/221210
Fax: +91-1892-221813

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
Why would 2 of the Abbots of illustrious Geden Monastery travel all the way from India to USA to get an audience with HH Trijang Rinpoche without HH the Dalai Lama knowing about it. There have been threats on HH Trijang Rinpoche's life as he is a DS practitioner and as long as the ban of DS is not lifted yet, there is no reason why Trijang Rinpoche need to return to Geden to teach in India? Dharma teachings can be spread far and wide now with the internet so there is no need of being physically at a place in order to teach. Trijang Rinpoche can continue to teach from where he is rather comfortably. Thank you.

Matibhadra

This whole story sounds rather like the tale of a mundanely ambitious self-promoting handpicked abbot, who failed to earn the respect of his own peers and other monks, and therefore engenders an empty sensationalistic event -- the visit to Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche -- merely aimed at garnering for himself public attention, and support from the Dalaite side, thus bolstering his artificial and endangered career.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
Oh dear! First, a Dalai Lama insider, Thupten Jinpa (HHDL's official translator) wrote in to DorjeShugden.com to deny information that an article published on the site wrote about him and his teacher the illustrious Zemey Rinpoche. With his denial, DS.COM citing firm sources and events rebutted Jinpa's denials, and then Jinpa went quiet. [See: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/thubten-jinpa-prostrates-to-his-gurus-throne/

Now the Abbot of Ganden Shartse is going down the same path of denying facts that are known by many close to Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche. The Khenpo forgets that we are no longer living in ancient and rural Tibet and information travel fast and it is much easier to access those who hold vital and accurate information I understand that an official reply is being drafted to the Khenpo's comments and his denials of facts. DorjeShugden.com has proven time and time again that it writes based on facts and information from very reliable sources - monks bound by oath not to tell lies and who hold all their vows and devotion to their gurus. I cannot wait for this reply.

In the meantime, I wonder why the Khenpo cannot see what is already obvious to many. That his story just does not hold up. Nevertheless, I wait with anxious anticipation...as must the Khenpo.

donoharm

Re: shartse khenpo response on visit with HH Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche article
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 08:02:31 AM »
I just can not believe, abbot made the official statement about meeting with his holiness Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche on his damn facebook and especially the way he talks about His Holiness Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche. absolutely no respect .

Atlease, we know the true color of these people of CTA.   Bunch of liars, fakes, breaking vows  and still wearing red rope. 

I really hope HH Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche will soon go to Tibet and spread pure guluk lineage and Dorje Shugden all over Tibet and china where there is Millions of Real Tibetans and billions Chinese.  Then who gives a crap about  less then 100k tibetans thats under dalai in india. 

dondrup

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 06:10:26 PM »
In terms of authority and seniority,  the Abbot of Gaden Shartse Geshe Jangchup Choeden is not qualified to request HH Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche to reconsider his stand on Shugden issue for whatever important reasons! Dorje Shugden was never an issue until HH Dalai Lama started it!

Many monks had left Gaden Shartse because they were ostracized and forced to abandon Dorje Shugden! There is no religious freedom even in the prestigious Gaden Shartse! There is only religious persecution! How could Gaden Shartse kowtow to Central Tibetan Administration and created schism in the holy sangha community? Had Gaden Shartse been more proactive and firm in defending their holy Dorje Shugden practice, a split between Shartse and Shar Gaden would never have happened!

What had Gaden Shartse done to protect HH Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche's life? What had Gaden Shartse done to protect and uphold the lineage of Tsongkhapa when Gaden Shartse do not even cherish the high lamas and Gelug lineage holders who are devoted to Dorje Shugden?

It is saddening that the leadership of the Gaden Shartse had degenerated to such level...

It will make a HUGE difference to have HH Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche grace the teachings by HH Dalai Lama at Sera Monastery! How could it not be? This shows the level of your guru devotion, pardon me for saying so without disrespect!

The question to ask is "Was there any sense of sincerity or respect shown to HH Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche?"  HH the Dalai Lama could have personally extended the invitation than sending the two abbots!

Matibhadra

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 06:34:59 PM »
In terms of authority and seniority,  the Abbot of Gaden Shartse Geshe Jangchup Choeden is not qualified to request HH Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche to reconsider his stand on Shugden issue for whatever important reasons!

Which shows that the meeting was just a ridiculous factoid, or a marketing coup, engendered by the self-promoting abbot, in order to bolster his own political career -- of course with the Dalai's knowledge and approval.

It will make a HUGE difference to have HH Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche grace the teachings by HH Dalai Lama at Sera Monastery!

Indeed, the Dalai, lacking legitimacy, is more in need of legitimate lamas (to be used for self-legitimation), than the other way round.

lotus1

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 08:09:42 PM »
The argument given by Gaden Shartse Khenpo is not strong at all. 
Gaden Shartse Khenpo should know very well that the gap within HH Dalai Lama and Trijang Rinpoche is due to the ban on Dorje Shugden. If the ban is not lifted, what is the point to invite Trijang Rinpoche to go back Gaden Shartse?

Trijang Rinpoche was forced to leave Gaden as he has received life threat for practicing Dorje Shugden. Gaden Monastery has vehemently expelled all Dorje Shugden practitioners. Monks are forced to leave if they do not swear against Dorje Shugden. It is not “Some people chose to abandon the monastery for personal interest and benefit and the monastery failed to stop them from doing that.”
Please watch these videos:
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/gaden-monks-forced-to-swear-against-dorje-shugden-video/

DharmaSpace

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2013, 08:51:34 AM »
The previous Trijang Dorje Chang was one of Gaden Oral Lineage holder for the Gelugpas, who received all the teachings of the Gaden lineage from Je Pabongka who naturally was a recognised Gaden Oral lineage holder. The current Gaden Oral lineage holder is Kyabjye Yongyal Rinpoche. Another possible lama could be Geshe Kelsang Gyatso according to NKT sources

All three Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche, Geshe Kelsang and Yongyal Rinpoche are part of the organisation that seeks to oppose the ban on Dorje Shugden. So what does that leave the side who choose to oppose Dorje Shugden?

Is there any from the current Gaden/Sera/Drepung who can claim to have the Gaden Oral Lineage holder?

This could be another valid reason the Abbotts have gone to have an audience with Trijang Rinpoche. The faction that chose to support the Dorje Shugden ban, may not have all the teachings within the Gaden Oral Tradition, hence the two abbotts are not without wisdom either, this is a problem that could create huge problems with their current education system. Not all teachings from Lama Tsongkhapa can they preserve into the future if the current conditions prevail.

Would be interesting to ask the Abbotts of Gaden who are the Gaden Lineage Holder currently that does not practice Dorje Shugden?