Author Topic: Dalai Lama not to shift base from Himachal Pradesh  (Read 4862 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Dalai Lama not to shift base from Himachal Pradesh
« on: November 26, 2013, 08:13:45 AM »
I had heard from some friends awhile back that the Dalai Lama was moving to be near the great Gelug monasteries in South India but according to this article, the Dalai Lama is not moving after all. But i don't tend to believe the news very much - especially coming from the Dalai Lama's puppet leader of the puppet administration, Dr Lobsang Sangay. In fact, i am now tending to believe the opposite - so i would take this news to indicate that the Dalai Lama IS moving away from Himachal Pradesh. Don't agree? We shall see :D

Dalai Lama not to shift base from Himachal Pradesh
Anand Bodh,TNN | Nov 24, 2013, 04.49 AM IST

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Dalai-Lama-not-to-shift-base-from-Himachal-Pradesh/articleshow/26288076.cms

SHIMLA: Putting an end to all speculations that Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama would be shifting base from McLeodganj, Tibetan prime minister Lobsang Sangay on Saturday said the spiritual leader would remain in Dharamshala, where he has been living for the past 50 years.

"Dalai Lama loves Himachal Pradesh and Dharamshala, where he has been staying for the past over 50 years. He is not leaving the place," said Sangay. He said after relinquishing his political duties, Dalai Lama's religious engagements have increased, and therefore he had been spending more time outside the state, especially in South India.

Speculations of Dalai Lama shifting his base to a Tibetan settlement in Mysore had created flutter in McLeodganj, which contributes to the tourism industry of the region in a big way. Each year thousands of his followers from different parts of the globe travel to McLeodganj to seek his blessings and attend his teachings. His followers include Hollywood actors like Richard Gere who keep visiting McLeodganj.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

icy

Re: Dalai Lama not to shift base from Himachal Pradesh
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 10:20:05 AM »
I agree with you Wisdom Being.  I have no confidence and believe what Dr Lobsang Sangye says.  Whatever he says does not hold water.  He can sell out his own country men and does not give a damn to their welfare.   If he does he would have lifted the Shugden ban and not cause unnecessary suffering and division.  He should unite his community for  a  better Tibet.  Instead he prefers to remain a puppet and dance on a string.  How pathetic is he for he wish to remain on the good book of the Dalai Lama.

Manjushri

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 06:13:36 PM »
With all due respect, although I do not agree with all the uproar and division HHDL has created from imposing the ban, I have to take my hats off to His Holiness for bringing the BuddhaDharma to so many around the world. I mean, just have a look at His schedule! It's insane..no wonder Wisdom Being said if anything, HH is moving from Himachal Pradesh because he is just everywhere, compassionately teaching and giving initiations to so many who have the great fortune to meet His Holiness. Just check this out:

http://www.dalailama.com/teachings/schedule

will any of you be attending? I guess not, coz DS practitioners arent' allowed! sad, when all we want is just to learn the Dharma and practise just like Lord Buddha had taught to set ourselves onto the path towards enlightenment.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 07:25:01 PM »
I too do not believe that the Dalai Lama has not moved. However, I would think that even if the Dalai Lama has two or more ladrangs that H.H move from place to place is okay as well. It would only make sense for the Dalai Lama to be staying in his ladrang when he is at another place for teaching and also to do things that he has to do. With that, so much time can be saved from travelling. The time saved can be used for more teachings or doing other things that would be more beneficial for the community.