Author Topic: Serkong Tritul Rinpoche opens Grand Temple  (Read 33104 times)

thaimonk

Serkong Tritul Rinpoche opens Grand Temple
« on: May 12, 2011, 06:33:11 PM »
Serkong Tritul Rinpoche has completed his beautiful new Monastery in Taiwan. Here are some pictures from the grand opening event. He also is completing his Monastery in Nepal which has facilities to accommodate 1,000 monks. Over a decade back, he has rebuilt a large Monastery in his hometown in Tibet benefitting the local people and fulfilling their requests.

Serkong Tritul Rinpoche hails from Gaden Jangtze Monastery but is not allowed to return to the Monastery due to his practice of Shugden in the past. Some people say he has given up Shugden, if that is the case, he should be allowed back in Gaden Jangtze Monastery. But he is not allowed as he has not signed his letter of giving up Shugden. Those monks residing abroad must sign a letter and send into their individual Monasteries stating they giving up allegiance to Shugden to remain on the Monastic roster. Serkong Tritul Rinpoche has not signed the letter therefore not allowed back to Gaden Jangtze Monstery till date.

Serkong Tritul Rinpoche in the centre. On the left is Jamseng Rinpoche. In front of their new Monastery in Hualian, Taiwan.

Serkong Tritul Rinpoche

Jamseng Rinpoche (disciple of Serkong Tritul) attending ceremony. Jamseng Rinpoche mainly resides in Malaysia/Singapore with a large group.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 07:03:06 PM by Admin »

Zach

Re: Serkong Tritul Rinpoche opens Grand Temple
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 07:59:21 AM »
Wow they do look alot different now.  :)
So does anyone know what theyre core practises consist of id assume they'd be doing the guru yoga of Atisha now ? and the red hat symbolises theyve dropped Je Tsongkhapas view ?

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 12:48:24 PM »
I don't know much about them but if they have formed a new school of Kadhampas - i presume this means they are no longer Gelug, so Serkong Tritul would not even seek to return to Gaden Jangtze? I am amazed that there are so many monks in his monastery. He must be attracting them via good example. I see they also do debates like in the monasteries.

From their website, you can find out more about their practices http://kadhampa.org/EN/text002.htm. I couldn't copy the text - not sure why, but you can go and browse there for further info.

Cheers!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

hope rainbow

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 04:22:42 PM »
For sure the temple looks neat.
So these red hats with yellow lines represent their new kadhampa school? I mean they have not been seen before?

triesa

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 03:12:55 PM »
Thank you Thaimonk for sharing all these wonderful photos.

I remember seeing some photos of this monastery during the construction period some time ago, and it looks so grand and magnificant now.

We can definitely see the help from our dear dharma protector, Dorje Shugden, in assisting all the tulkus in spreading the buddha dharma, building large monasteries and temples, enshrining the holy teachings all over the world.

Like many have questioned here, I have never seen this type of red hat with yellow lines before........ but I think their core practice is still based on Lama Tsongkhpa guru yoga as we can see beautiful statues of Lama Tsongkhapa in the temple.

Big Uncle

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 07:31:52 PM »
Thank you Thaimonk! It is beautiful images! It is nice to see that Buddhadharma spreads in the world. The pomp and ceremony would uplift many people's faith in the Lamas. However, I do wish that it was yellow hats of Lama Tsongkhapa that they are wearing. It is just a personal preference. No real reason behind it.

Perhaps the red hats are just a diversion so the discrimination and persecution would not hinder their great works. Once the ban is over, they switch their hats back to yellow? Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps!

Helena

• Email
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 02:59:41 AM »
Wow! Such a huge and grand temple! Thank you, Thai Monk, for posting these pictures here.

I really rejoice for them and for the spread of Dharma!

What I love most about the pictures is the sight of so many ordained individuals in Serkong Tritul Rinpoche's organization. It shows that his students are serious about their practice and some have even taken the higher step to becoming ordained. How wonderful! This create the causes for a local monastic community to take root in Taiwan.

So many monastic communities are being established everywhere and Dharma is growing and spreading into the different directions.

Though DS practitioners and Lamas may not be allowed to return to India, they are growing in other countries.

This is a beautiful sign that DS cannot be diminished or stopped.

Perhaps, in the future, the pure Gelug lineage will be the ones practised outside of India, as it lives on through the DS practitioners and Lamas.
Helena

lightning

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 07:05:29 AM »
Wow! Such a huge and grand temple! Thank you, Thai Monk, for posting these pictures here.

I really rejoice for them and for the spread of Dharma!

What I love most about the pictures is the sight of so many ordained individuals in Serkong Tritul Rinpoche's organization. It shows that his students are serious about their practice and some have even taken the higher step to becoming ordained. How wonderful! This create the causes for a local monastic community to take root in Taiwan.

So many monastic communities are being established everywhere and Dharma is growing and spreading into the different directions.

Though DS practitioners and Lamas may not be allowed to return to India, they are growing in other countries.

This is a beautiful sign that DS cannot be diminished or stopped.

Perhaps, in the future, the pure Gelug lineage will be the ones practised outside of India, as it lives on through the DS practitioners and Lamas.

Even if one do not practise Dharma protector but as long as one turly practise Lamrim sincerely, one will be protected by DS and other Dharma protectors. as well.

beggar

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 06:36:45 AM »
For sure the temple looks neat.
So these red hats with yellow lines represent their new kadhampa school? I mean they have not been seen before?

I think I remember seeing some photos of the Khadampa school sangha also wearing maroon and green (instead of maroon / yellow inner shirts). I was told it is something like they have broken away and created their own lineage that finds its basis entirely in the Kadam lineage (of course). I'm not sure if this means a return to Atisha?

They may have received some criticism I think for breakaway; I know I am certainly in no position, as a layperson, to judge any new lineage begun by a master like Serkong Rinpoche. But it is encouraging to see that there is  a new generation arising. It looks like Dorje Shugden's practice will take off on its own, with or without the "approval" of the mainstream or Tib govt-sanctioned monasteries/ lineages.

It is so brave of Serkong Rinpoche and his students to go their own way and find new methods to bring Dharma to more people. I wish them every big success! 

Mana

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 09:25:07 PM »
Serkong Tritul Rinpoche not only sponsors Shar Gaden Monastery, but also Serpom Monastery. We rejoice in his activities.

Mana

WoselTenzin

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 12:26:53 PM »
Wow, what a grand temple.  I am very happy to hear the news and I rejoice for the successful opening of this temple by Serkong Tritul Rinpoche.  It warms my heart to see so many monks and nuns.  It shows that Dharma is still very much alive and being practised.  It is an open secret that Serkong Tritul Rinpoche is a practitioner of Dorje Shugden.  All evidence points to it.  He is still not allowed back to Gaden Jangtse and he sponsors Shar Gaden and Serpom monasteries.   

Therefore, it can be concluded that Tsongkapa's teachings and Dorje Shugden practice is growing and flourishing. Why is that? If Serkong Tritul Rinpoche and his students practises DS, definitely they are practising Tsongkapa's teachings as DS is the uncommon protector of Tsongkapa's teachings. DS is practiced so that all obstacles to the practice of Tsongkapa's teachings are pacified or eliminated so that it's practitioners can gain attainments.

The new external appearance of a green material addition to the robes of the sangha and the red hat with yellow stripes I believe is most probably just Serkong Tritul Rinpoche's skilful means to give his Taiwan monastery disciples a certain identity.  Buddhism has always changed it external form to cater to changing times and needs of its practitioners.  How it is presented may be different than before but the essence is the same. 

Thank you Thaimonk for sharing all these beautiful and holy pictures.     

lightning

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 06:13:30 PM »
In many Thanka  of Atisha, one could see the three lines or three rings on the red hat. Many are wondering what are the three rings on the red hat wore by Serkong Tritul Rinpoche for? To my understanding, it represents three type of wisdom namely cause, fruition, karma three wheel of extrication (please pardon my poor english) Red represents the discrimination wisdom of Amitabha Buddha.

Just to share that as the first three pictures shows auspicious sign of light gracing the opening ceremony, if you notice that there is a green light floating gently down from top to the middle of the path. It is said that could be Green Tara herself  coming to grace the ceremony!

dsiluvu

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 08:36:25 PM »
Awesome! What a beautiful temple!!! Much rejoicing for them.

They say pictures paint a thousand words and so indeed we see that there is no stopping them whether TGIE like it or not hehe.

What I like about these pictures is that despite all the criticism, look how grand and organised they are. How many thousands of people, followers can benefit from it. They are definitely not getting smaller, but instead bigger around the globe. Their centre is clean, neat and even the food they serve is so well presented and so inviting.

This is a clear indication to us all that Dorje Shugden practice is not evil. If it is evil, why would they be growing?

From their website they state:

Through Je Tsong Kha Pa, the Gelug teaching foundation – based in part on the Kadham tradition became well-known.  In fact, Gelugpas were originally known as the New Kadhampas.

Through history and the changing of societies, Atisha’s spiritual tradition has never stopped continuously reappearing in Tibetan Buddhism. The 14th Dalai Lama and many great monks are Atisha’s followers.   

As Kadhampa followers, we inherited the Kadhampa tradition lineage.  Each practitioner should use his or her best efforts to learn Kadhampa teachings in detaching his or her life from all temporary worldly fame, gain and position.   

A Practitioner does not just work for self enjoyment in his or her life, but should use all the efforts of his or her body, speech, and mind to search for happiness for all living beings and become a Mahayana practitioner as his or her goal. 

Just like the wind spreading seeds to every corner of the world, we can see our dharma friends everywhere in Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, United States of America, Nepal, New Zealand, other Asian countries, etc spreading the Atisha’s heritage.     

We want to help all living beings to be liberated from sufferings. Just like the sun and moon, throughout day and night, sweep away darkness and defilements and brighten up the whole world. Also like a huge tree blocking away our sufferings of body and mind and allowing us to become peaceful and enter nirvana.

Hence even though they may be breaking away from the Yellow Hat Gelugpa sect and creating their own... never the less the essence of the teachings are still there.   Like what  beggar said...It is so brave of Serkong Rinpoche and his students to go their own way and find new methods to bring Dharma to more people.

I am sure once the Ban fizzles off, Dorje Shugden practices will be revived again and look how many of their following will be practising all over Tibet, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia etc...I rejoice and wish them much success in their works!

kurava

• Email
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 03:13:17 AM »
Rejoice !

Another unconventional Master spreading Dharma in an unconventional way.

The external forms can always evolve to suit the time and needs of sentient beings as long as the essence of the teachings and motivation behind the change arise out of great compassion and wisdom.

lightning

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 05:18:00 AM »
Awesome! What a beautiful temple!!! Much rejoicing for them.

They say pictures paint a thousand words and so indeed we see that there is no stopping them whether TGIE like it or not hehe.

What I like about these pictures is that despite all the criticism, look how grand and organised they are. How many thousands of people, followers can benefit from it. They are definitely not getting smaller, but instead bigger around the globe. Their centre is clean, neat and even the food they serve is so well presented and so inviting.

This is a clear indication to us all that Dorje Shugden practice is not evil. If it is evil, why would they be growing?

From their website they state:

Through Je Tsong Kha Pa, the Gelug teaching foundation – based in part on the Kadham tradition became well-known.  In fact, Gelugpas were originally known as the New Kadhampas.

Through history and the changing of societies, Atisha’s spiritual tradition has never stopped continuously reappearing in Tibetan Buddhism. The 14th Dalai Lama and many great monks are Atisha’s followers.   

As Kadhampa followers, we inherited the Kadhampa tradition lineage.  Each practitioner should use his or her best efforts to learn Kadhampa teachings in detaching his or her life from all temporary worldly fame, gain and position.   

A Practitioner does not just work for self enjoyment in his or her life, but should use all the efforts of his or her body, speech, and mind to search for happiness for all living beings and become a Mahayana practitioner as his or her goal. 

Just like the wind spreading seeds to every corner of the world, we can see our dharma friends everywhere in Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, United States of America, Nepal, New Zealand, other Asian countries, etc spreading the Atisha’s heritage.     

We want to help all living beings to be liberated from sufferings. Just like the sun and moon, throughout day and night, sweep away darkness and defilements and brighten up the whole world. Also like a huge tree blocking away our sufferings of body and mind and allowing us to become peaceful and enter nirvana.

Hence even though they may be breaking away from the Yellow Hat Gelugpa sect and creating their own... never the less the essence of the teachings are still there.   Like what  beggar said...It is so brave of Serkong Rinpoche and his students to go their own way and find new methods to bring Dharma to more people.

I am sure once the Ban fizzles off, Dorje Shugden practices will be revived again and look how many of their following will be practising all over Tibet, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia etc...I rejoice and wish them much success in their works!
Thanks to dsiluvu,
Could not agreed more and very well said statements!!! :D