Author Topic: Serkong Tritul Rinpoche opens Grand Temple  (Read 33100 times)

thaimonk

Re: Serkong Tritul Rinpoche opens Grand Temple
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 09:43:30 PM »
Learning the Dharma, Three Principle Paths, Lam Rim, Madhayamaka, etc is the most important. There are so many qualified and capable Gelug Lamas who are banned because of their excercising their freedom to practice Dorje Shugden. They are told they have the freedom to practice, but when they do, they are ostracized, and branded negatively by the Tibetan Govt. Freedom to practice means no bias against anyone because of their religious beliefs.

Shugden's practice is last on the list of Dharma practice for sure. But until the Shugden ban and issue is cleared, the Lam Rim and dharma will be greatly hampered because the lamas who are so qualified to teach are banned and ostracized. Fewer teachers mean fewer teachings.

Therefore at this time it is very important to educate and propagate the understanding/practice of Shugden in order the teachers may teach and Lam Rim may grow. Shugden is by default the most important issue and perhaps in light of the above, very important to practice at this time to generate the merits to overcome what is not right along with Lam Rim.

Difficult times call for alternative that may have not been done in the past.

lightning

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2011, 11:31:55 PM »

Shugden is by default the most important issue and perhaps in light of the above, very important to practice at this time to generate the merits to overcome what is not right along with Lam Rim.

I begged to defer on this statement, as without Buddha teachings, there will not be no Dharma protectors and the correct primary emphasis should be on Dharma teachings such as Lam Rim and Vajrayana (Yamantaka, Heruka, Guhyasamaja etc). Practicing protector is part of Dharma practice, BUT it is NOT the main Dharma practise, Lam Rim is what we should be focusing on. Even if a Vajrayana yogin who does his/her homework diligently, abides by LamRim practices and uphold his vows/commitment and does not deliberately practiced on protector. He/ She will be constantly guarded by protectors like jewel without fail.

lightning

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2011, 12:11:17 AM »

Shugden is by default the most important issue and perhaps in light of the above, very important to practice at this time to generate the merits to overcome what is not right along with Lam Rim.

I begged to defer on this statement, as without Buddha teachings, there will not be no Dharma protectors and the correct primary emphasis should be on Dharma teachings such as Lam Rim and Vajrayana (Yamantaka, Heruka, Guhyasamaja etc). Practicing protector is part of Dharma practice, BUT it is NOT the main Dharma practise, Lam Rim is what we should be focusing on. Even if a Vajrayana yogin who does his/her homework diligently, abides by LamRim practices and uphold his vows/commitment and does not deliberately practiced on protector. He/ She will be constantly guarded by protectors like jewel without fail.
Buddha cannot help to wash away Sentient Beings negative karma.
Buddha cannot use hands to remove Sentient Beings sufferings
Buddha cannot transmit their attainments to Sentient Beings
Only can offer nectar of Dharma Teachings to help Sentient Beings to alleviate from sufferings.

We must never lose sight that Lam Rim is the essence of Buddha's 84000 teachings and such nectar of Dharma Teachings that can help us to alleviate from sufferings and attain small happiness to everlasting happiness of Enlightenment of Buddhahood.

thaimonk

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2011, 12:24:03 AM »

You didn't understand the example and point I am making. But nevermind. It's not important.

dsiluvu

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2011, 07:23:10 PM »

You didn't understand the example and point I am making. But nevermind. It's not important.

I think what TK is trying to say is that during this testing times of degeneration, our Dharma protector Dorje Shugden is most needed now to help us accumulate the merits. It is with merits that we can actually internalise the Lam Rim instead of just lip service or know it theoretically. Dharma protectors as we all know helps us gain the conducive conditions to practice and pushes us to be on the right track when we are not and gives us strength to continue when we are down. And Dorje Shugden is the most swiftest Dharma Protector now as times get more and more degenerate... DS becomes more and more stronger in helping practitioners.

So yes we must do our Lam Rim practices etc but cup with DS practice to help us achieve our goals that is to internalise the Lam Rim. It is like taking Vitamins plus minerals. Without the minerals the vitamins cannot be absorbed...both are important. Correct me if I am not understanding right.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2012, 09:38:19 AM »
Wow. Serkong Tritul's temple is truly grand and he already has so many disciples. His protege, Dromtung Rinpoche is also very popular amongst the Chinese speaking world. If I am not mistaken, he has also written an open letter, to debate with the Dalai Lama on the Dorje Shugden ban and how ridiculous it actually is to blame Dorje Shugden for every misfortune that has befell the CTA or some Gelug Lama. I applaud his actions as it is really fearless.

whitelion

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2012, 04:06:00 PM »
I visited Serkong Tritul Rinpoche's monastery in Taiwan, this temple is real grand and HUGE. But that's no single picture or image of Dorje Shugden in the temple, even though my friends told me that they do practice Dorje shugden. I'm sure Serkong Rinpoche and his followers are going through a lot of pressure from the ban.

Attached is a conversation between me and one of my friend, who's also Serkong Rinpoche's student.

A: myself B: my friend

A1: very good...
B1: my precious guru
A2: do you guys practice Dorje Shugden too ?
B2: my teacher said Kadampa don't practice, but if one wish to practice also no problem, and I started my practice (since then)
A3:  do you do any of his practice ? like mantra or etc?
B3: Om Vajrabiki Mindana Svaha, yes i always practice the mantra
A4: who teach you that ?
B4: an old nun from Khadampa, her name is Wisdom Lutus

from the answer, it can easily tell all the senior members from Serkong Tritul Rinpoche's monastery still practicing DS and promoting DS in a more subtle way, which encourage their student to practice without related back to Tritul Rinpoche.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2012, 07:01:31 PM »
As most people know Serkong Tritul Rinpoche was formally from Ganden Jangtse Monastery but was expelled by instructions of the Dalai Lama in 2008. Here is an account what what happened on the day Serkong Rinpoche was removed. While it is not new news, it is good for everyone to read again the torment Shugden practitioners have had to endure as the result of the ban:

In the afternoon, the Dalai Lama convened a meeting in Drepung monastery, which was attended by Kolon Samdong Lama, Tsering Phuntsok, the Tibetan minister of Culture and Religion, abbots and ex-abbots. The Dalai Lama urged them to take action to clean up Shugden devotees. He reprimanded the abbots of Jangtse and Shartse monasteries for not taking a rigid stand against Shugden devotees.

The Dalai Lama rebuked the Shartse abbot: "Shugden devotees are growing in your monastery. If you are this inept, you had better resign." The Dalai Lama also reprimanded the Jangtse abbot: “You said that the monastery is clean, but there are still some Shugden devotees. You must do better."

Later that night, Jangtse monastery held a meeting about the signature and oath to give up the worship of Shugden to be taken by every monk. In this very meeting, Serkong Tritul Rinpoche and Geshe Tsultrim were expelled from the monastery because they worship Dorje Shugden.

It is difficult to imagine how terrible it must have been for Serkong Rinpoche and Geshe Tsultrim to just lose their home and place of practice in a blink of a eye. Against this backdrop, Serkong Rinpoche just moved on with his practice and in a few short years he managed to establish monasteries in Taiwan and Nepal to benefit people through the Dharma while the anti-Shugden folks are still spinning the same old lies. How could Serkong Tritul Rinpoche have done that without the blessings of the Protector and anyway, what kind of evil spirit goes around helping lamas build more centres to spread the Buddha's teachings?

I was hoping to see beautiful big statues of Dorje Shugden in the new monastery but I am sure in a short time to come, Dorje Shugden will takes his place there. That Serkong Tritul Rinpoche is supporting Shar Ganden and Serpom Monastery tells us a lot about his relationship with the Protector and it doesn't matter  what the rumours are.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 07:10:58 PM by vajratruth »

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2012, 07:50:24 AM »

It is difficult to imagine how terrible it must have been for Serkong Rinpoche and Geshe Tsultrim to just lose their home and place of practice in a blink of a eye. Against this backdrop, Serkong Rinpoche just moved on with his practice and in a few short years he managed to establish monasteries in Taiwan and Nepal to benefit people through the Dharma while the anti-Shugden folks are still spinning the same old lies. How could Serkong Tritul Rinpoche have done that without the blessings of the Protector and anyway, what kind of evil spirit goes around helping lamas build more centres to spread the Buddha's teachings?

But as they lose their home, they gained more than what they have lost in the first place: Serkong Tritul Rinpoche, like Geshe Keslang Gyatso, opened a new tradition altogether, the Khadampa Tradition and instead of the Gelug hat, he and his adherents wear Atisha's red hat. He is very well funded and has a huge following in the chinese speaking world. He also recognized an incarnation of Dromtopa, Dromtung Rinpoche who was born in Singapore as well, strengthening their influence in the Chinese community around the world (which is huge, by the way) and he also opened up a huge monastery with so many followers. Again, it is not the loss of Serkong Tritul because he does have the karma to build such a huge monastery and to gather much followers, and i have not heard of the CTA expanding or up keeping any of their monasteries at home.

lightning

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2012, 06:04:24 PM »

But as they lose their home, they gained more than what they have lost in the first place: Serkong Tritul Rinpoche, like Geshe Keslang Gyatso, opened a new tradition altogether, the Khadampa Tradition and instead of the Gelug hat, he and his adherents wear Atisha's red hat. He is very well funded and has a huge following in the chinese speaking world. He also recognized an incarnation of Dromtopa, Dromtung Rinpoche who was born in Singapore as well, strengthening their influence in the Chinese community around the world (which is huge, by the way) and he also opened up a huge monastery with so many followers. Again, it is not the loss of Serkong Tritul because he does have the karma to build such a huge monastery and to gather much followers, and i have not heard of the CTA expanding or up keeping any of their monasteries at home.

Allow me to kindly make some corrections... ;)
Serkong Tritul Rinpoche is the Incarnation of Lord Jovo Atisha, whereas Jamseng Rinpoche, who is now renamed as Dromtug Rinpoche is the Incarnation of Lord Dromtompa. Dromtug Rinpoche is born in Taiwan and set up His base in Singapore and spread Dhrama upward to Malaysia, then though South East Asia, then to other parts of the world where sentinent beings can benefit of His Dharma teachings.

Dromtug Rinpoche once had mentioned that although outwardly practised Protector Acchala, but secretly or inwardly  blend the practice of Dorje Shugden. One also can blend Palden Lhamo into Mahakala practise as well without conflict.

Big Uncle

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2012, 08:34:23 PM »
Dear lightning,

I am sure, Tritul Rinpoche and Dromtug / Jamseng Rinpoche are still practicing Dorje Shugden. If they are who they say they are, they should be holding on to their commitments, they would be practicing Dorje Shugden regardless of the situation. Its a pity, politics can force a great incarnate Lama along with his entire organisation to cover and hide their practice. It almost seemed like an overnight removal of Dorje Shugden and the installation of the old Achala practice. It is all very strange but obvious what the intentions are meant to achieve.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2012, 10:40:22 AM »
Allow me to kindly make some corrections... ;)
Serkong Tritul Rinpoche is the Incarnation of Lord Jovo Atisha, whereas Jamseng Rinpoche, who is now renamed as Dromtug Rinpoche is the Incarnation of Lord Dromtompa. Dromtug Rinpoche is born in Taiwan and set up His base in Singapore and spread Dhrama upward to Malaysia, then though South East Asia, then to other parts of the world where sentinent beings can benefit of His Dharma teachings.

Dromtug Rinpoche once had mentioned that although outwardly practised Protector Acchala, but secretly or inwardly  blend the practice of Dorje Shugden. One also can blend Palden Lhamo into Mahakala practise as well without conflict.

Thanks for the additional info! I didint know about that until you mentioned as Serkong Tritul is not exactly well known in the english speaking world. But I am quite impressed by how he has established himself, within a span of 20 years or so he has managed to lead most of the Chinese speaking Gelug people, by understanding them and adapting Tibetan Buddhist teachings into Chinese culture and thinking. I see what you mean by inwardly blending Dorje Shugden into Acala's practice, as Dharma protectors since their functions are the same there is no problems with one or the other. It also helps to not confuse the newbies with Dorje Shugden's form. It's really amazing what they have done!

whitelion

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2013, 04:17:46 PM »
I heard Serkong Tritul Rinpoche's monastery in Nepal just had their official opening on 1/1/13, does anyone heard anything about it? I found some pictures on the internet which we can see already have some sangha living in the new Jovo Kadampa Monastery in Nepal, it's stated that this is the biggest monastery in Nepal.

I'm really happy to see this, as we know even though Kadampa or any other DS practitioners are facing a lot of unnecessary difficulties to spread DS lineage, but none of us is backing down but pushing to be better, it's not about who win or lost but to protect our own linage that passed down by masters since hundred years ago.

Really rejoice on all Serkong Tritrul Rinpoche's achievement on the new monastery in Nepal, thank you for showing the world the blessing from our protector so the pure Gaden lineage will continue for many more years.

I came across some latest photos on Jovo Kadampa Monastery in Nepal, let's rejoice.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2013, 07:41:39 PM »
i rejoice in the wonderful works of Serkong Tritul Rinpoche. This new grand temple is indeed grand and where it stands and what it represents tells us how much hard work and dedication has gone into making this place available for people to pray and practice.

Serkong Tritul Rinpoche really has it all well thought out when he built this place of practice. You could tell by the details shown in these pictures. Even the food  presentation in the canteen is so well taken cared of.

I sincerely pray that the Dharma work of this community will continue to bring in the benefit and happiness to those who come into contact with it.
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2013, 05:12:16 AM »
I heard Serkong Tritul Rinpoche's monastery in Nepal just had their official opening on 1/1/13, does anyone heard anything about it? I found some pictures on the internet which we can see already have some sangha living in the new Jovo Kadampa Monastery in Nepal, it's stated that this is the biggest monastery in Nepal.

I'm really happy to see this, as we know even though Kadampa or any other DS practitioners are facing a lot of unnecessary difficulties to spread DS lineage, but none of us is backing down but pushing to be better, it's not about who win or lost but to protect our own linage that passed down by masters since hundred years ago.

Really rejoice on all Serkong Tritrul Rinpoche's achievement on the new monastery in Nepal, thank you for showing the world the blessing from our protector so the pure Gaden lineage will continue for many more years.

I came across some latest photos on Jovo Kadampa Monastery in Nepal, let's rejoice.

Once again, Serkong Tritul Rinpoche shows his capabilities as a high lama and by extension, Dorje Shugden's capabilities as a Dharma protector for clearing obstacles and raking in the resources for such huge projects. Can we safely say that Serkong Tritul's great monasteries opening is Dorje Shugden's testament to his strength and power to benefit others and for Dharma to grow? To me, results speak louder than nice words, excuses and rumor mongering. Serkong Tritul Rinpoche did not criticize the Dalai Lama directly but he made people rethink their alliance with the Dalai Lama with an open letter that the Dalai Lama has yet to reply to and he shows a quick wit and a sharp tongue as well as intelligence and wisdom. It would be interesting to see how much more the Khadampa will grow.