Author Topic: Serkong Tritul Rinpoche opens Grand Temple  (Read 33089 times)

Roberto

Re: Serkong Tritul Rinpoche opens Grand Temple
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 07:59:20 AM »
This is something to rejoice about for sure! Nice phots thnks @thaimonk.

In the midst of the ban, Serkong Tritul has to leave, out of the ashes springs a new place. Surely makes a cause for more in future to come about by supporting or even if able to sponsor the creation of Monastery.

If DS is so bad, why is the building going on and springing up regardless. The Nepal temple which can house 1000monks will be a sight to see!

I would travel there!

Helena

• Email
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 09:35:30 AM »
Like the Phoenix that rises out of the ashes and spread its wings to fly into all the directions, like this Dorje Shugden's practice will grow and spread into the ten directions.

As I recall, Tibetan Buddhism only took off and spread worldwide after China's invasion of Tibet. If Tibet had not been invaded by China, Buddhism may remain closed and confined within the snow-covered walls of Shangri La. So, in losing their country, they are forced to flee. In fleeing, the gates and walls come down. The world learns of Buddhism.

So, why can't we all take the same positive view of the ban on Dorje Shugden? Why must we just brew in negativity and spew out venomous words against each other or other Lamas? What does that serve, really, and ultimately?

If there was no ban, nothing will be challenged, pushed, tried and provoked.

If there was no ban, life could possibly go on as before and it returns to its complacent and lethargic state.

How would that ultimately serve the spread of Dorje Shugden or Lama Tsongkhapa's teachings?

If there is one thing the ban has done for sure, it has given the practice of Dorje Shugden real urgency and importance.

Because of the ban, every practitioner, for the first time in his or her life, asks themselves - what does the practice mean to them? They begin to ask questions that they have taken for granted and never had to think about - how important is the practice to them? What will they do for the practice, to protect it and help it?

The Protector has helped many of us in so many ways, for so long. How do we help the Protector in return?

What does the Protector really want? Why did the Protector come into being in the first place?

If it has not crossed your mind yet, may be it is time we should seriously contemplate and open our eyes.

Are there more Dorje Shugden monasteries and temples being erected as we speak?

Is the growth and spread declining or increasing?

What does it all mean to you and me?

I'll say this from my heart -

Because of this Forum and all the ideas and contribution in the Forum, I have gained much knowledge and courage to do much more for our great Protector. And practice even harder for myself.

I used to be so afraid of people even finding out that I am a Shugden practitioner and I had to keep it a secret.

But in the end, as a result of others finding out, I get to see who my real friends are and who are not.

I get ostracized, but so what of it? Our Protector had endured greater pains than what I have gone through. All the high Lamas have endured greater hardships than little ol' me in my small little world and mind. Yet they did not give up. So, why should I even utter a word of complaint?

In the end, I get to see where I really stand and want to stand. And I chose to stand with the Protector. Because that's where I belong.

And would I endure much more for the Protector?

Indeed I would, without a doubt. Bring it on. 

Helena

DSFriend

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 12:14:29 PM »
Sign to declare you are not a Dorje Shugden practitioner is what TGIE requires. Well, this group of people rather busy devote their time to  build a monastery and continue their practice instead of complying with what TGIE demands. How courageous as they will be faced with so much challenges! It is inspiring!

Much appreciation for the photos of this monastery and the activities of Serkong Rinpoche.

Helena

• Email
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 04:57:42 PM »
Well said, DS Friend, well said.

See what others continue to do and how much more they continue to do. Why waste any more time and energy that bring no real benefit and result to anyone, including ourselves?

Peace  :-*
Helena

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 01:44:50 PM »
Serkong Tritul Rinpoche has been ex-communicated from Gaden and since then it has been said that he is in the most wanted list in the TGIE. Due to this, he has not left Taiwan for a long time. However, his organisation and people has so much results. What we have here are only pictures of the new temple in Taiwan. In the midst of the grand opening ceremony of this new temple, work is being done in another new temple in Kathmandu which you can see in the pictures attached.  On top of this, Serkong Tritul Rinpoche has been sponsoring monks in Shar Gaden and also Serpom Monastery. Directly creating MORE Dorje Shugden scholars and worshippers.

Obviously, for all the good work which is put into this, Serkong Tritul Rinpoche's organisation MUST have good people and sponsors. And I'm VERY sure they practice Dorje Shugden. I'm very HAPPY and it shows that DS is growing very healthily even with all the controversial issues today.

TGIE and all the anti Shugden people NOW should asked themselves about their own growth or results ???

Barzin

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 05:27:56 PM »
Wow.  This is really wonderful!  How their work has flourished throughout parts of asia.  The Taiwan Temple sure looks magnificence and the latest monastery in Nepal looks huge!  Kudos to them!  May Dorje Shugden spread to the ten directions!!!

Rihanna

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2011, 04:45:48 PM »
I went back to Taiwan for a short visit  afew monks back and was so happy and proud to see another DS temple in my motherland.  I was unable to take any photos as my camera ran out of battery. Thank you for posting these fabulous photos to share with everyone!

lightning

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2011, 05:56:56 PM »
I went back to Taiwan for a short visit  afew monks back and was so happy and proud to see another DS temple in my motherland.  I was unable to take any photos as my camera ran out of battery. Thank you for posting these fabulous photos to share with everyone!
Glad you went there and have you gone to Tian Mu for a visit??? :D

Barzin

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2011, 07:12:05 PM »
in the pictures, I see the monastery has many monks... Just wondering if Serkong Tritul Rinpoche has lay practitioners and open initiation of Dorje Shugden to lay practitioners as well?  Or the monastery is strictly for monks only.  Just a thought crossed my mind...

lightning

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2011, 11:03:06 PM »
in the pictures, I see the monastery has many monks... Just wondering if Serkong Tritul Rinpoche has lay practitioners and open initiation of Dorje Shugden to lay practitioners as well?  Or the monastery is strictly for monks only.  Just a thought crossed my mind...
Sorry that there will be no longer initiation for Dorje shugden from Serkong tritul Rinpoche and the rest of the Kadhampas.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2011, 07:05:23 AM »
Dear Lightning,

I mean what is your assessment of the Dorje Shugden do you think the ban will be lifted soon ? In light of the Dalai Lama now taking a back seat in the running of TGIE politically anyways or so it seems.

Is the system of study for the Kadhampas still using the lamrim or is there a major shift in terms of the study subject matters. Is the guru yoga then in relation to Lama Atisha instead of Lama Tsongkhapa?

Actually what do you think of the brochures distribution employed by this site? Will the brochures appeal to taiwanese people ?

Big Uncle

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 04:40:35 PM »
Sorry that there will be no longer initiation for Dorje shugden from Serkong tritul Rinpoche and the rest of the Kadhampas.

It is a pity such a great and powerful Lama has succumbed to the ban. I guess people don't know enough of what's happening in the monasteries and the Tibetan scene and are quick to believe the ban and the silly talk of its upholders. It is truly unfortunate but I do believe that Tritul Rinpoche, in private with his close students are keeping to his commitments. Otherwise, his organisation would not flourish and benefit so many. Tritul Rinpoche definitely have lay disciples and his appeal is massive. So. I am sure Tritul Rinpoche would have plenty of lay students to fundraise and build so much.                                                                         

lightning

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2011, 07:59:35 PM »

It is a pity such a great and powerful Lama has succumbed to the ban. I guess people don't know enough of what's happening in the monasteries and the Tibetan scene and are quick to believe the ban and the silly talk of its upholders. It is truly unfortunate but I do believe that Tritul Rinpoche, in private with his close students are keeping to his commitments. Otherwise, his organisation would not flourish and benefit so many. Tritul Rinpoche definitely have lay disciples and his appeal is massive. So. I am sure Tritul Rinpoche would have plenty of lay students to fundraise and build so much.                                                                         
Sorry, please kindly do not misunderstood that Serkong Tritul Rinpoche had succumbed to the the ban. Je Tsong Kha Pa came previously came forth to restore the purity of the Dharma, which is the reason why He erected New Kadhampa which is Geluppa despite of fierce opposition that He was facing.

Kadhampa teachings are placed more emphasis on Mahayana than Vajrayana teachings

Mana

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2011, 08:09:31 PM »
Please everyone must remember that Serkong Tritul Rinpoche is still supporting Shar Gaden and Serpom Monasteries financially. He definitely went underground from all the pressures he had to endure that we may not know much about. There's alot of religious politics in Taiwan.

If he had given up on Shugden he wouldn't be supporting those monasteries up till now which he is for a fact.  :)

Mana

lightning

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2011, 08:23:44 PM »
Dear Lightning,

I mean what is your assessment of the Dorje Shugden do you think the ban will be lifted soon ? In light of the Dalai Lama now taking a back seat in the running of TGIE politically anyways or so it seems.

Is the system of study for the Kadhampas still using the lamrim or is there a major shift in terms of the study subject matters. Is the guru yoga then in relation to Lama Atisha instead of Lama Tsongkhapa?

Actually what do you think of the brochures distribution employed by this site? Will the brochures appeal to taiwanese people ?
Dear Dharmaspace.
1) Please kindly understand due to the sensitivity of this issue that I am in no position to comment on whether the ban will be lifted soon or not?
2) Lam Rim Chemmo was further improved by Je Tsong Khapa from Lamp to the path of Enlightenment composed by Aitsha. LamRim Chemmo is still being used by Kadhampas as lessons for oral transmission.
3) There is definitely Guru Yoga in relation to Atisha.
4) It will be more beneficial for sentient beings to introduce and educate the benefit of learning of Dharma or Lamrim though Gelug or Kadhamp Teachings.
Understanding about Dorje Shugden should be a secondary issue. Of course it is also important to educate about the truth of Dorje Shugden to clear misunderstanding created by the main stream in case those sincere devotees are frightened away . No offenses, but this is what I believed.