Author Topic: THE ILLUSORY PLAY - H.H. Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche's autobiography now in English  (Read 39479 times)

thaimonk

May I know the reason behind placing the website address as a watermark on the pages of The Illusory Play?
The Eight Auspicious Objects would seems to be a better choice to me.

In all cases, I like this book and hopes that this website will continue to provide us with such great works.

Personally, I do look forward to seeing autobiographies of all the other Lamrim Lineage Guru here.

What difference does it make what watermark is placed?? Just read, study and understand the wonderful biography that costs US $15,000, hundreds of hours of manpower and the first of it's kind in the world is available now.

Rejoice. Be happy. Don't look for faults when there is this wonderful opportunity to benefit.

If you and everyone's else helps, than I am sure more biographies would appear. Just my thinking..do not mean to offend.  :)

thaimonk

No other centre, organization, lama or group in the world has produced this autobio in English. It is just amazing just as TK has said.

All Gelug centres in the world has their roots in Trijang Rinpoche in one way or another, yet no one has studied the life of this great master that has the most singular influence in recent years and till now.

This is just incredible we have this autobiography of Trijang Rinpoche available now!!!

Thank you alot!

thaimonk

His Holiness Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche. Below him are his two main protectors Dorje Shugden and Dorje Setrap.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Thank you for posting this amazing autobiography! Although it's only part 1! (where's part 2? Pretty please with sugar and spice and all things nice! Talk about a cliff hanger!!!)

By the way, I was talking to a Buddhist group up north yesterday and we were talking about this website and forum and several of the group were talking about what was the agenda of this site. After all, everything in samsara has an agenda - but you know what, we just couldn't figure out an agenda for this site except for the sheer love of Dorje Shugden and that as many people as possible benefit.

There's no one putting their hand up saying they're looking for fame or money. All I know is the enigmatic Admin and that there are several moderators. And you don't charge for anything or ask for donations (which i think you should but anyway)!

This HH Trijang Rinpoche's autobiography was what started the conversation off, because most people would have just published it and it could be a best seller, but here is dorjeshugden.com making it available for FREE. I like what you say here "It is made all free of charge as this website wishes to promote Dorje Shugden’s practice according to the wishes of Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang and as an offering to all practitioners."

Beautiful!

Just wanted to say I'm very grateful. That's all. May the Holy Lineage Masters and Dorje Shugden's blessings rain on you.

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Helena

• Email
WB, well said! What a wonderful way to express appreciation and recognising the deeds of others.

There has been much speculation as you rightly said of what is the agenda of this website, including a host of many other "unsavoury" allegations.

I noticed that some people pick on the most petty of details and highlighting them like as if they are "mountains" of "assaults or faults". Yet in all this time, they have not once mentioned (let alone, thank or appreciate) the real contributions of this website.

If one is not biased at all, why pick on just the faults and completely neglect to mention the real benefits that one has enjoyed and reaped from this wesbite? Do they not realise how petty they look - especially as they call themselves, Dharma Practitioners?

This website has not asked for anything in return in all this time.

This current release of HH Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche's Bio in English must have taken a lot of time, effort and devotion. As I would imagine the same it took for the first ever illustrated graphic story of Dorje Shugden.

How many can actually say that they have contributed this much in promoting our Protector, and not asking for anything in return?

So, I truly appreciate what this website has done for all of us - especially for those who are really suffering because they choose to practise openly.

As we cannot speak of it or ask openly, real learning would be very challenging for an average person who is interested in Dorje Shugden. Unless one has the great fortune to have a Guru who also teaches and practices Dorje Shugden, of course.

In these times, such Gurus may be more difficult to get access to. If you are really lucky, then you live in the same countries or cities as they do. However, not everyone is that lucky.

Hence, websites such as these and many others which continue to spread and promote our Supreme Dharmapala Dorje Shugden should be applauded.

Here, we have the immense good fortune to even read about H.H Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche's life story, while in Gelug monasteries, they've even removed H.H's name from their prayers.

Here, we continue to learn and nurture the truth about Dorje Shugden so that many others' minds will also begin to see and understand.

So, if we are serious about doing something positive in the name of our Protector - we can share, contribute and put it all out there for all to see and learn. Stop picking on petty little details. Think of benefiting the masses instead.

Whatever TGIE wants to do in the physical world is "controlled" by a number of factors.

Thank goodness for the world wide web - Dorje Shugden truly LIVES ON, AND ON, AND ON and SPREAD like wildfire.

No one can remove Dorje Shugden in the world wide web.

This is something I truly rejoice for and celebrate.

Like WB, I await with much anticipation for the PART TWO of HH Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche's Bio.

May all of Dorje Shugden Lamas, monasteries and students live long and spread HIS practice for a very long time .

« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 10:04:26 PM by Helena »
Helena

triesa

May I know the reason behind placing the website address as a watermark on the pages of The Illusory Play?
The Eight Auspicious Objects would seems to be a better choice to me.

In all cases, I like this book and hopes that this website will continue to provide us with such great works.

Personally, I do look forward to seeing autobiographies of all the other Lamrim Lineage Guru here.

What difference does it make what watermark is placed?? Just read, study and understand the wonderful biography that costs US $15,000, hundreds of hours of manpower and the first of it's kind in the world is available now.

Rejoice. Be happy. Don't look for faults when there is this wonderful opportunity to benefit.

If you and everyone's else helps, than I am sure more biographies would appear. Just my thinking..do not mean to offend.  :)

Agree with Thai monk. It is another great opportunity for us to check our minds again, are we rejoicing the hard work and dedication of the team who made possible this wonderful biography of Trijang Rinpoche in English so many can read and learn the great deeds of this illustrious master(including myself) or are we just looking for faults?

It is like the DS brochures when it was launched. Some criticised that it looked cheap and some said this or that, wouldn't it be better that  we rejoice the effort and thought of someone who came out with this idea to promote DS practise to benefit others?

We should ALL LEARN TO REJOICE!

Another great lesson here.

shugdenprotect

• Email
WB, very very good point! A well translated English biography of such a great Master is rare and will certainly be a best seller in the market. After investing so much material resources and effort, the team generously offered this precious document to everyone for free. No strings attached. Although this biography is the latest "goodie" from ds.com, we have been consistently receive priceless Dharma gifts on this website in the past year...including the animation story of our Great Protector. This backs up what you and Helena posted about the ds.com team: their sole "agenda" is to benefit others by spreading the Dharma.

As ds.com wants nothing back from us other than to benefit us...all we can do is contribute to this vision and introduce this wonderful website to as many people as possible and contribute as much Dharma value we can through our postings.

In relation to the reading of Trijang Rinpoche's biography, I have had the good fortune to flip through some pages and am astonished by the endless activity in which He engages in to spread the Dharma. Despite the challenges Trijang Rinpoche had to face, He is constantly teaching Dharma, giving initiations etc. There is not a moment in his life that is not dedicated to the Dharma and benefiting others. It is also awesome to learn about all the great Gurus who taught Trijang Rinpoche, which explains for the greatness of this immense Master who is the complete embodiment of so many teachings.

Trijang Rinpoche is an inspiration and His kindness shines through. May we have the merit to cause the manifestation of more biographies of historical Dharma Masters in the near future.

WisdomBeing

I really love this autobiography. HH Trijang Rinpoche is so attained yet he is so humble.  I'm so glad his Guru, HH Pabongkha Rinpoche and other Lamas told him to write this autobiography! There are so many different aspects to Trijang Rinpoche - I love the stories of him as a boy.

This story on page 31 is so cute : "Between terms and in Lhasa, after morning class, Gän Rinpoche would go for circumambulation on the ling kor.  When I was young it was a chance to play and draw pictures and such.  When Gän Rinpoche was nearly back from his circumambulation, from close by or the table in front of me there would always come a quite loud knocking sound so that if I quickly collected my toys and pretended to be studying my text, I could avoid being scolded by Gän Rinpoche when he returned.  Because this would happen, I could relax and play until the knocking sound occurred. That one named Gyalchen Dorje has cared for me like a loving mother, countless times, even when I was a child at play. "

And further down the page,

"when I was thirteen and had just received transmission of the Kangyur, I began reading it, starting with the thirteen volumes of Vinaya transmission, and enjoyed this so immensely that I eventually read the entire Kangyur and over half of the Tängyur including sections such as the Collection of Praises and various subjects of Sutra and Tantra.  Apprehensive that I might be scolded by Gän Rinpoche, I would hide half of a volume of scripture in the altar by the head of my bed and when Gän Rinpoche had gone out as well as most every night, after I was finished doing recitation of the scriptures I had memorized and Gän Rinpoche had gone to bed, I would silently read forty or fifty pages of scriptures in bed by the light of a lamp."

I mean, what kid would do that? Most teenagers would be surreptitiously reading novels or playing games... this really shows proof of his Dharma imprints from a past life. For those who don't believe in Tulkus, this precious autobiography should provide evidence that these amazing beings do come back life after life.

beggar

Hey everyone,
I'm sure you're all slowly but surely and happily going through this wonderful tome!

May I please encourage everyone to post your thoughts are you go through the biography and/or come across interesting parts of the biography. It is a very wonderful text to use as a point of discussion: we can learn about a great master ad many aspects of Dorje Shugden as well as study various Dharma teachings all within one text and this is something very special. So let's share it!

A question to get you going: What stands out most for you as you read this biography?

Helena

• Email
Thanks, Beggar and WB to get things started with this precious Bio questions. I feel like I am in a book club. And that is very beneficial.

By discussing, we get to learn the different points of view and definitely our knowledge and understanding will be enriched when shared.

One of the things that left an impression within me is how much HH Trijang Rinpoche had to go through, even for such a highly attained being. He did not have it easy since day one he was recognised. There were even others who were contesting for his "position" - saying that he is not the real reincarnation.

Throughout the bio, HH Trijang Rinpoche had to struggle to raise funds, even for his Geshe examinations. But never once, did HH Trijang Rinpoche complained or give up. In fact, he always said that it was his karma from previous lives and endured through it all.

There is really a wealth of information and teaching in this priceless bio.

Perhaps this is why they say that the most important thing about a saint, mahashidda, etc - is that THEY LIVED!

Their life stories are not only inspiring but it is a reminder that greatness can be achieved when we follow the path well.

This is one Bio I have to read again and again to understand much deeper. It is such a joy and priviledge to be able to have this bio in the first place!

Helena

Zach

Have put some links in to the bio at freesangha  :)

shugdenprotect

• Email
Hi Helena, you are right! The sharing of different points of view from reading this super piece of work is like a book club. Amazing what ds.com has become, can become and will keep on becoming :)

The deepest impression I have at the top of my head is the "politics" that went on in Chatreng. Trijang Rinpoche had to bear so much "nonsense" but His compassion for those who caused Him harm intentionally remained stable. Additionally, despite the continuous effort to defame Trijang Rinpoche, H.H's authenticity and His intention to constantly benefit all sentient beings proved the test of time. Lastly and frighteningly, all those who conspired to cause harm to Trijang Rinpoche suffered the consequence of their intention.

First lesson received from this part of H.H's biography is: the good will always prevail. Should we stay pure in our Dharma practice, we will always rise from our obstacles like the phoenix rises from its ash.

Second lesson learned is: our karma will always "get us" at the end of the day.

Lastly, this section of Trijang Rinpoche's biography reminds me of the story of Dorje Shugden during this degenerate age: The defamation that our powerful Protector is not enlightened, the conspiracy to ban His practice etc. is similar to the problems Trijang Rinpoche. I interpret this as how samsara is just a vicious cycle of repeated suffering caused by the same seeds of ignorance, self-cherishing and hatred (jealousy).

So, as Trijang Rinpoche's compassion, wisdom and intention shone through, may Dorje Shugden and all His practitioners withstand this period of trial and be ready to rise like the phoenix and spread the practice of our Protector in all ten directions when the time comes.

Mana

Throughout the autobiography, the parts where Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche mentioned Dorje Shugden has been highlighted in red for easy reference. This was done purposely so readers can easily see the devotion, trust and confidence Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche has in this great protector throughout his life.

Mana

WisdomBeing

Throughout the autobiography, the parts where Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche mentioned Dorje Shugden has been highlighted in red for easy reference. This was done purposely so readers can easily see the devotion, trust and confidence Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche has in this great protector throughout his life.

Mana

Personally, I very much appreciated that extra effort the admin put into posting the autobiography. I must admit that I scanned the document very eagerly - looking for mention of our great Protector, so the red highlighted text was very helpful! Not that the Protector was all that i was interested in because i loved the autobiography as a whole..

Thank you.

triesa

Even a high lama like Trijang Rinpoche has to endure so much nonsense and obstacles in his life, then what are we to complain about our little pathetic problems in our lives?

Every stage and aspect of his life is a true living example of the six parameters, like Helena said, high lamas like Trijang Rinpoche "LIVED" their lives, they are TRUE LIVING BUDDHAS who lived their lives to show us the right path, even on a microscopic level as to what are the right attitudes to have in order to deal with our own self created obstacles and problems.

I would read Trijang Rinpoche's biography a few pages everyday like a sadhana.