Author Topic: Youtube on Serkong Tritul Rinpoche of Kadhampa Sect.  (Read 31787 times)

Lone Hermit

Re: Youtube on Serkong Tritul Rinpoche of Kadhampa Sect.
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 10:15:03 AM »
Serkong Tritul Rinpoche is ANOTHER GREAT TULKU. 

This may be true but I would still like to know which Lamas have formally recognised him as an emanation of Lord Atisha and Jamseng as Dromtonpa. The reason I ask is because a bit of research via Google has yielded some interesting information:

www.casotac.com/CASonline Articles/23122009_2.html

www.casotac.com/CASonline Articles/26032010.html

www.casotac.com/CASonline Articles/23122009.html

Even on this forum other people have raised questions about the legitimacy of these two "lamas".

Post no.3 here:   www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=553.msg7942#msg7942   
mentions that Serkong Tritul Rinpoche only began claiming to be a great tulku when he first went to Taiwan and also refers to him being accused of rape. 

These days anyone can say anything and it can be hard to find the truth and maybe what is written in the above links is also nonsense, I don't know, but it does cause doubts to arise.

You would reasonably expect the tulkus of Atisha and Dromtonpa to be held in very high esteem and not just by those who follow the Gelugpa tradition so if they are really genuine the names of the high Lamas who recognised and enthroned them should also be well known. Does anyone know who they are? And if they haven't been recognised by HH Dalai Lama, the Ganden Tripa, Trijang Rinpoche, Ling Rinpoche or HH Karmapa or HH Sakya Trizin can anyone offer an explanation as to why not?

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 10:24:27 AM by Lone Hermit »

lightning

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 02:34:11 PM »
Serkong Tritul Rinpoche is ANOTHER GREAT TULKU. 

This may be true but I would still like to know which Lamas have formally recognised him as an emanation of Lord Atisha and Jamseng as Dromtonpa. The reason I ask is because a bit of research via Google has yielded some interesting information:

www.casotac.com/CASonline Articles/23122009_2.html

www.casotac.com/CASonline Articles/26032010.html

www.casotac.com/CASonline Articles/23122009.html

Even on this forum other people have raised questions about the legitimacy of these two "lamas".

Post no.3 here:   www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=553.msg7942#msg7942   
mentions that Serkong Tritul Rinpoche only began claiming to be a great tulku when he first went to Taiwan and also refers to him being accused of rape. 

These days anyone can say anything and it can be hard to find the truth and maybe what is written in the above links is also nonsense, I don't know, but it does cause doubts to arise.

You would reasonably expect the tulkus of Atisha and Dromtonpa to be held in very high esteem and not just by those who follow the Gelugpa tradition so if they are really genuine the names of the high Lamas who recognised and enthroned them should also be well known. Does anyone know who they are? And if they haven't been recognised by HH Dalai Lama, the Ganden Tripa, Trijang Rinpoche, Ling Rinpoche or HH Karmapa or HH Sakya Trizin can anyone offer an explanation as to why not?

haha another wang appear. Don't hide anymore...

As mentioned and seen in the youtube in the past when times are not so chaotic in Gelugpa and the pictures are taken when with many high ranking Lamas (those are "heavy weight catergory"), 98th Garden Tripa and HHDL sent their representatives, to congratulate the Serkong Tritul Rinpoche's certification. Certification was done within Gelugpa, why would other sects Lamas come into the picture? Everyone can see here and why you cannot? Do you think that the high ranking Lamas in the pictures would anyhow offering white scarfs to HH Serkong Tritul Rinpoche ? You must be insulting them? Are they not real?

As for the rape case, Serkong Tritul Rinpoche has been accused and the woman accusing Him regretted her actions later and admitted that He is innocent and He was released from the police station. Do you know that these people involved for accusing High Ranking lama suffered from their own unspeakable consequences? There are some karma ripening can be as swift as lightning due to the severity of the damage done.Like what they say never plant the seed of negative karma. Are you going to plant some?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 03:23:07 PM by lightning »

lightning

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 03:25:35 PM »
Serkong Tritul Rinpoche is ANOTHER GREAT TULKU. The tulku system is alive and well. Very necessary and very beneficial for this precarious time.

All the great Tulkus of the lineage must RE-APPEAR proving the Tibetan Govt wrong if you practice Shugden, you get bad results. Only tulkus can prove this ridiculous statement wrong.

Tulkus rule.

Cute - Thai monk! Tulkus rule indeed!

As long as a tulku is recognised according to the monastic tradition, then the tulku must be authentic.

If anyone has a Guru who has been recognised as a tulku according to the same tradition, then it cannot be that one tulku is a real one and one is not. It's similar to saying that the teachings and practices of one Lama are all correct - and not that some are correct and some are not.

I think that tulkus make perfect sense and can only be assessed by their results and not by just anyone's criteria, especially lay people! I do get a bit narked when some lay people get all high and mighty and start commenting on tulkus. I'm like on what basis are you talking about :P oh well.. om mani peme hung.

Thanks to both WB and Thaimonk for speaking up ;)

dsiluvu

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 04:49:56 PM »
As mentioned and seen in the youtube in the past when times are not so chaotic in Gelugpa and the pictures are taken when with many high ranking Lamas (those are "heavy weight catergory"), 98th Garden Tripa and HHDL sent their representatives, to congratulate the Serkong Tritul Rinpoche's certification. Certification was done within Gelugpa, why would other sects Lamas come into the picture? Everyone can see here and why you cannot? Do you think that the high ranking Lamas in the pictures would anyhow offering white scarfs to HH Serkong Tritul Rinpoche ? You must be insulting them? Are they not real?

As for the rape case, Serkong Tritul Rinpoche has been accused and the woman accusing Him regretted her actions later and admitted that He is innocent and He was released from the police station. Do you know that these people involved for accusing High Ranking lama suffered from their own unspeakable consequences? There are some karma ripening can be as swift as lightning due to the severity of the damage done.Like what they say never plant the seed of negative karma. Are you going to plant some?

Wow Lightning you sure ask a lot of common sense questions which I could not agree more.

And like what Thai Monk said...

Serkong Tritul Rinpoche is ANOTHER GREAT TULKU. The tulku system is alive and well. Very necessary and very beneficial for this precarious time.

All the great Tulkus of the lineage must RE-APPEAR proving the Tibetan Govt wrong if you practice Shugden, you get bad results. Only tulkus can prove this ridiculous statement wrong.

I think we are very lucky at this day and age that we can experience the Tulku system. The fact it's still kept alive and continues is a proven track record that shows us, not just to Buddhist but even non Buddhist that great beings does exist and can come back. The mind continues. It also shows us that the source, the lineage is authentic and does not miraculously appear from no where. Yes and it also proves to all those who says DS is evil, then Why are all these practicing Lamas back. Shouldn't they born be in lower realms?

I also agree with WB
I think that tulkus make perfect sense and can only be assessed by their results and not by just anyone's criteria, especially lay people!

At the end of the day we just really need to look at the results. Really what are these Tulkus doing? Spreading the Dharma, benefiting many, helping others? 

If Serkong Tritul Rinpoche and Jamseng Rinpoche are turning the wheel of Dharma and benefiting thousands, then they must be REAL and definitely way way better then me, a lay person who benefits no one, definitely not as much as them :).

lightning

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 05:22:12 PM »
Dear lone Hermit,

I would like to kindly to invite you to a debate and please kindly answer the following questions:

1) Can we take refuge to the worms feasting in a pool of feces?

2) Can we take refuge to Buddha's Sariras?

3) Is no self is emptiness?

These questions may look ordinary but they are not easy to answer and you may want to seek for assistance from Geshes and Rinpoches that you may know.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:14:10 PM by lightning »

lightning

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 06:02:19 PM »

Wow Lightning you sure ask a lot of common sense questions which I could not agree more.

Muahaha... I get your joke ;D I have to ask a lot of common sense questions in answering to non-common sense questions.

Lone Hermit

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 09:38:21 PM »
Dear lone Hermit,

I would like to kindly to invite you to a debate and please kindly answer the following questions:

These questions may look ordinary but they are not easy to answer and you may want to seek for assistance from Geshes and Rinpoches that you may know.

You are right these are not easy questions to answer. They are also completely irrelevant to the present discussion.

However  "which high Gelug lamas currently recognize Serkong Tritul and Jamseng as Atisha and Dromtonpa" is a very simple question and I wonder why you cannot answer it?

Serkong Tritul has rediscovered "pure Kadampa" and in seeking to establish a new tradition separate from the Gelugpas (who according to everyone else have for nearly 700 years been the legitimate spiritual heirs and holders of the Kadampa lineages) is suggesting that in some way the Gelug tradition is impure or corrupt. As I said before this would probably come as a surprise to most of our Lamas. And does it mean we have all been following a degenerate and mistaken spiritual path all along?

Serkong Tritul has abandoned the practice of the Protector and seems to use the continued propitiation of him as the basis for his decision to re-establish the pure Kadampa tradition:

www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=41.msg2886#msg2886

Maybe he is 100% correct but given the doubts about his authenticity I think some real evidence as to the divine status he accords himself and his main disciple is a very reasonable request. You can make whatever claim you like but where's the proof?

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 09:43:15 PM by Lone Hermit »

thaimonk

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 01:56:05 AM »

You can give DEFINITIVE proof he is not who he is.

The debate never ends.

If Gaden had recognized him as tulku. Then he is. The end.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 08:14:01 AM »
Gaden is our mother monastery - founded by Je Tsongkhapa - who established the Gelugpa tradition. It was also built by Kyabje Duldzin Drakpa Gyeltsen, who was the previous incarnation of our sacred Protector, Dorje Shugden. So if Gaden monastery endorses Serkong Tritul Rinpoche, i definitely have no objection to their recognition!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

lightning

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2010, 12:07:15 PM »
You are right these are not easy questions to answer. They are also completely irrelevant to the present discussion.

However  "which high Gelug lamas currently recognize Serkong Tritul and Jamseng as Atisha and Dromtonpa" is a very simple question and I wonder why you cannot answer it?
Dear Lone Hermit aka Wang,

These questions has high relevancy to the present discussion, as to certify whether you fit to criticize someone else by gauging your level of Dharma understanding. You had unanimously admitted defeat by admitting that the questions are not easy to answer reflected that you do not have any true understanding in Buddhism, let alone to criticize someone above you. I can pick up a few aunties who have been attending classes regularly able to answer one or two of the above questions.

You are alike a blind person trying to debate and tell other people that an elephant is thin, base on just touching its tail only. A truly learned Geshe is able to answer any Dharma questions without flinching. I am presenting you the opportunity to ask anyone around you to answer the poised questions.

Everyone here including WB and Thaimonk can see that the high ranking Lamas had offered scarfs to HH Serkong Tritul Rinpoche during the certification. As to whom had certified Serkong Tritul Rinpoche, I may let you know in due course. Do I have to repeat myself again that Jamseng Rinpoche was certified by Tritul Rinpoche and had been enthroned in Garden monastery?

Serkong Tritul has rediscovered "pure Kadampa" and in seeking to establish a new tradition separate from the Gelugpas (who according to everyone else have for nearly 700 years been the legitimate spiritual heirs and holders of the Kadampa lineages) is suggesting that in some way the Gelug tradition is impure or corrupt. As I said before this would probably come as a surprise to most of our Lamas. And does it mean we have all been following a degenerate and mistaken spiritual path all along?

Excuse me, it is recovery of Kadhampa sect, NOT rediscovery. Kadhampa is recovered in 2008 due to the sensitive issues present within Gelugpa. Quit your acting and by now everyone or most of us even here including you understand about the present status of Gelugpa.

Je Tsong Kha Pa see the ultimate benefit for the sentient beings to establish a new sect out of his previous old sect is also due to the corruption in the previous one. He had re-organized and refined teachings ever since the establishment of Gelugpa. So are you going to criticize Je Tsong Kha Pa for establishment of new Buddhist sect? As mentioned in the youtube by Dromtug Rinpoche, it is changing the soup base without changing the medicine. 

Serkong Tritul has abandoned the practice of the Protector and seems to use the continued propitiation of him as the basis for his decision to re-establish the pure Kadampa tradition:

Maybe he is 100% correct but given the doubts about his authenticity I think some real evidence as to the divine status he accords himself and his main disciple is a very reasonable request. You can make whatever claim you like but where's the proof?
Again have you seen the Lamas offering of scarfs from Shar Garden to Dromtug Rinpoche? There is a difference between choosing not to practice and total deny or reject of the Dorje Shugden? Kadhampa is the former. I can choose to buy noodles, does not means that I dislike eating rice. (I guessed I have to talk layman terms to you, so that I don't have to repeat myself)

Dear lone Hermit,

You have been repeating questions which i had already answered, so I am kindly repeating my challenge to you for a Dharma debate base on the three questions poised as above. Let's challenge on teachings and do not disappoint me, unless you do admit defeat that you do not have the ability or the right to criticize.

I hope that you do not ask non common sense questions anymore or repeated questions that have answered before.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 01:18:26 PM by lightning »

Big Uncle

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2010, 04:00:43 PM »
I have been busy but I didn't know the forum has been quite bustling with activity. This thread caught my eye and I briefly read through the entries and I must say it has always boiled down to us questioning the recognition of High Lamas. Serkong Tritul Rinpoche was recognised by Gaden Monastery and I am sure that means a High Lama or elder Lama has approved of this incarnation so there is not need to doubt. Well, that is my opinion and I really like what Thaimonk said,

You can give DEFINITIVE proof he is not who he is.

The debate never ends.

If Gaden had recognized him as tulku. Then he is. The end.

But anyway, so how would you answer the 3 questions, lightning? I think I wouldn't take refuge in worms and sariras or relics but I will hold sariras sacred because only a highly attained master can leave such traces after their passing. The relics allows us to tap into his blessing so we open our own karmic dispositions for Dharma.

losangshengpin

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2010, 04:41:15 PM »
Hi, everybody...

Because got many people aganist Dharmaraja Serkong Tritul Rinpoche practice Shugden and after that recover Kadhampa, so they create a lot of paste sensitive issue, feel free to access kadhampa in facebook, by enter the following links, there are a lot of reply from Tritul Rinpoche about all misunderstand issues.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=100214993376918&id=164038393608279

Some of the lama that defame Tritul Rinpoche already passed away because of karma.
Read more at :
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=100214993376918&id=164038393608279

losangshengpin

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2010, 04:55:44 PM »
The woman that say Tritul Rinpoche rape her, already die due to cancer, although she ask Tritul Rinpoche for Apologize, Tritul Rinpoche was forgive her...

But finally, karma.........

The woman is ask to harm Tritul Rinpoche by a lama who against practising of Shugden, if it is not mistake....
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 04:58:59 PM by losangshengpin »

Mana

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2010, 09:21:06 PM »
Dear lone Hermit,

This forum does not encourage the criticism of lamas. You are in NO POSITION to judge whether a lama is authentic or not. You yourself do not have to be a dharma 'police', nor are you a monk, nor are you a religious/monastic authority. So you have no right to judge another teacher or try to forum continuously about one lama you seem obsessed on defaming. Practice Lojong, read Lam Rim and take a breather. Relax please. .

Gaden Jangtse Monastery had no doubts about Serkong Tritul Rinpoche's authenticity. So you do not need to override their decisions. You cannot be right and 1,500 sangha in Gaden Jangtse are wrong. Even the representatives of the Dalai Lama attended his enthronement ceremony in Gaden Jangtse which means he had approval of the Dalai Lama at the time of his enthronement.

Mana

Lone Hermit

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2010, 11:33:25 PM »
Gaden Jangtse Monastery had no doubts about Serkong Tritul Rinpoche's authenticity. Even the representatives of the Dalai Lama attended his enthronement ceremony in Gaden Jangtse which means he had approval of the Dalai Lama at the time of his enthronement.

So there must be a letter signed by Gaden Tri Rinpoche and all the Abbots of Gaden Jangste establishing him as the reincarnation of Atisha. This would also include the seal of the Dalai Lamas Private Office. Any chance of posting a copy online?

I agree it is possible Serkong Tritul is a great tulku and it is also possible he is an emanation of  Atisha. I hope he is. There is nothing this world needs more than authentic dharma teachers and I will definitely seek him out and offer prostrations and white silk scarf if that turns out to be true. Unfortunately I've been around the dharma long enough to know that there are many fake tulkus and many self appointed "high lamas". After all it's just a name and who can really prove it one way or the other. It's why all of the Tibetan schools have a specific process established to verify the authenticity of so called reincarnate lamas. When it's done properly in accordance with the tradition it gives a degree of certainty to such claims.

Here we are not talking about some low ranking lama from a monastery in a village ouside Lhasa. This is someone who is supposedly the reincarnation of [probably] the second most important figure in the historical transmission of Buddhism from India to Tibet without whom there would never have been Kadampa buddhism or the Gelugpa tradition. Yet there is not one Lama with the required authority who has recognized Serkong Trituls claims, or if there is for some strange reason no one is able to tell me his name. Why not?

I haven't posted on this thread with the intention of denigrating Serkong Tritul or anyone else but when someone uploads a video to Youtube and says the lamas shown are the tulkus of two of the most important teachers in the history of Tibetan buddhism it seems reasonable to investigate such claims quite carefully. I did that via Google and discovered doubts and controversy concening both and unfortunately no one here has so far been able to provide any credible evidence that they really are reincarnations of Atisha and Dromtonpa.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 11:48:35 PM by Lone Hermit »