Author Topic: Domo Geshe Rinpoche -emanation of Lama Tsongkhapa  (Read 15323 times)

hope rainbow

Domo Geshe Rinpoche -emanation of Lama Tsongkhapa
« on: August 01, 2010, 04:53:05 PM »

Domo Geshe Rinpoche

Extract from http://domogesherinpoche.org/

(QUOTE)
After the passing of Kyabje Domo Geshe Rinpoche it was the heartfelt wish and responsibility of his monk and lay disciples to find his true reincarnation, so early in 2002 the Ghoom Dun Samten Choling Association [...] established a Reincarnation Search Committee.
(The monks who belonged to this committee had already in 2001 requested His Holiness the Dalai Lama to compose a prayer for the early return of the reincarnation of Domo Geshe Rinpoche, but His Holiness’ Office had denied the request.)
In an official meeting convened by this committee at Samten Choling Monastery in November of 2002, representatives of Geshe Rinpoche’s monasteries, as well as representatives of the Dungkar Gonpa Society and other lay devotees, unanimously resolved to request Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche to coordinate the search for the Tulku and to identify him according to the tradition, as the previous Trijang Rinpoche had done for Domo Geshe Rinpoche Ngawang Jigme.
Thus, this decision came naturally as an acknowledgment of the exceptional relationship that had existed between those two great masters over generations.
Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche kindly agreed to this petition, and for the next four years the process of the search progressed as intended, following appropriate procedures. 

In the early summer of 2006, from a list of names gathered by the Search Committee, Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche selected one child, a boy born in June 2003 in New York City to Karma and Hishey Dorji of Sikkim.

Over the next two years, representatives of the Dungkar Gonpa Society and Rinpoche’s monasteries met the child and his parents several times.
They learned not only of the extraordinary signs and omens that the family had witnessed, but they also experienced for themselves many indications that this young child was truly the reincarnation of their revered Teacher.

On June 21, 2008, at Gangjong Namgyal, the headquarters of the Dungkar Gonpa Society, the hair-cutting and final enthronement ceremonies took place.
Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche and Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche presided.
Achok Rinpoche, Gangchen Rinpoche, Zawa Rinpoche and Michel Rinpoche also took part, and Helmut Gassner attended as Gonsar Rinpoche’s representative.
(Kyabje Phabongkha Rinpoche sent Kentrul Rinpoche, who arrived several days later, as his representative.)
As Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche said at the beginning of the ceremony, the young Tulku has been recognized in order for him “to continue his activities for the flourishing of the teachings of the Buddha, particularly for the teachings of the great master Je Tsong Khapa.”

(END OF QUOTE)

A previous incarnation of Domo Geshe Rinpoche was regarded by the 13th Dalai Lama as an emanation of Lama Tsongkhapa.
Kyabje Trijang Dorje C hang (previous incarnation) said of the previous incarnation of Domo Geshe Rinpoche that they were both of the same mind continuum (information found at http://www.nyackbuddhism.org/rinpoche.html where extensive biographies of the two previous incarnations of the current Domo Geshe Rinpoche-still a child- can be found).

The current incarnation (Domo Chocktrul Rinpoche Losang Jigme Nyak-Gi Wangchuk) was also recognized by His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.

WOW!!! Check-out the guests list at the enthronment ceremony (June 2008):
Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche (presiding)
Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche (presiding)
Achok Rinpoche
Gangchen Rinpoche
Zawa Rinpoche
Michel Rinpoche
Helmut Gassner attended as Gonsar Rinpoche’s representative
Kentrul Rinpoche as Kyabje Phabongkha Rinpoche’s representative

Evidently, Domo Geshe Rinpoche was a practitioner of Dorje Shugden, and I am looking forward to the time when his current incarnation grows into a young man, hoping for conditions to be different then, for Dorje Shugden will be accepted main-stream as THE protector of the Gelugpa teachings and its followers.

hope rainbow

Re: Domo Geshe Rinpoche -emanation of Lama Tsongkhapa
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 05:11:44 PM »
This is a very interesting info to know:
extract from a biography of Domo Geshe Rinpoche Ngawang Jigme, previous incarnation of the current Domo Geshe Rinpoche
http://www.nyackbuddhism.org/rinpoche.html

THE FINDING OF PABONGKHA RINPOCHE'S RE-INCARNATION (current).

(QUOTE)
On his return from Kalimpong once, while he still worked at Tibet House, the road below the Tista bridge was blocked and Rinpoche decided to take the long way to the train station through Ghoom and Kurseong.
In Sepoydhura, he unexpectedly stopped at the house of Tsewang Norbu, who had been a monk at Geshe Rinpoche's monastery, Samten Chöling, in Ghoom.
Since Rinpoche is not known to stop anywhere unannounced, this was most unusual.
The recently born child in this family turned out to be the present Pabongka Rinpoche.
The parents offered Rinpoche milk which was seen as a good sign.
Domo Geshe Rinpoche thus found the incarnation of Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche and later helped with his enthronement, as he did with the enthronement of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche's incarnation.
(END OF QUOTE)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 05:15:59 PM by hope rainbow »

diamond girl

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 05:24:49 PM »
Dear Hope Rainbow,

Thank you for this new post. It is joyous to read and be informed about another great master who practices Dorje Shugden. I could not agree with you more on the excitement of waiting for Domo Geshe Rinpoche current incarnation to grow up and continue the lineage of Tsongkhapa. I commend you on your dedication to find new information for this forum.  :)

Oh wow,
This is a very interesting info to know:
extract from a biography of Domo Geshe Rinpoche Ngawang Jigme, previous incarnation of the current Domo Geshe Rinpoche
http://www.nyackbuddhism.org/rinpoche.html

THE FINDING OF PABONGKHA RINPOCHE'S RE-INCARNATION (current).

(QUOTE)
On his return from Kalimpong once, while he still worked at Tibet House, the road below the Tista bridge was blocked and Rinpoche decided to take the long way to the train station through Ghoom and Kurseong.
In Sepoydhura, he unexpectedly stopped at the house of Tsewang Norbu, who had been a monk at Geshe Rinpoche's monastery, Samten Chöling, in Ghoom.
Since Rinpoche is not known to stop anywhere unannounced, this was most unusual.
The recently born child in this family turned out to be the present Pabongka Rinpoche.
The parents offered Rinpoche milk which was seen as a good sign.
Domo Geshe Rinpoche thus found the incarnation of Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche and later helped with his enthronement, as he did with the enthronement of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche's incarnation.
(END OF QUOTE)

This is amazing miracles how it all intertwines. All this historical facts just makes me believe in the power of continuity and how our Protector ensures that it all happens. How very powerful and how can we not believe!

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 07:58:44 PM »
Thank you, Hope Rainbow, for posting this thread...

I love articles like this - the discovery of reincarnated Lamas proves that tulkus are REAL... if we are to disbelieve these recognitions, we might as well say that all these esteemed High Lamas are wrong! Tulkus are so compassionate to manifest in human form to connect with us and turn the wheel of Dharma in this degenerate age.

For the skeptical, proof to me is:
1. Recognition by great Masters
2. the quality of the recognised reincarnations of tulkus themselves.
3. the results of their life works which will be revealed as they mature.

I feel that these young Tulkus will be our Dharma leaders of tomorrow and usher in a new era. Very exciting!

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 02:08:33 AM »

I love articles like this - the discovery of reincarnated Lamas proves that tulkus are REAL... if we are to disbelieve these recognitions, we might as well say that all these esteemed High Lamas are wrong! Tulkus are so compassionate to manifest in human form to connect with us and turn the wheel of Dharma in this degenerate age.

I feel that these young Tulkus will be our Dharma leaders of tomorrow and usher in a new era. Very exciting!

I can never agree with u more Kate,

It is so amazing this wonderful system of tulkus and the tradition of compassion and wisdom coupled with skillful means to manifest as a human to help us during this unfortunate time.

I read a Thai lady's experience from just attending Rinpoche's enthronement ceremony and even that in itself is so beautiful!

click here

http://www.wfb-hq.org/Articles%20and%20Analysis0005.html

even though I do not have the merits to behold his sacred face or have the chance to receive teachings from this great master, or even to taste the sacred Rilbus he has made in his previous life, just by listening to his holy name and knowing that he has returned to be present, fills my soul.

may more and more emanations of Shugden Lamas return to benefit the many

cheers
H1N1
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

DharmaDefender

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 09:33:05 AM »

What I find amazing is that despite knowing the previous Domo Geshe Rinpoche was a practitioner, the reincarnation was recognised by the 14th Dalai Lama. Now if the TGIE's propaganda about DS were true, and DS is a spirit and practitioners are reborn in the three lower realms...then how'd Domo Geshe return? And why would the 14th Dalai Lama recognise the reincarnation? And why is it the emanation of Tsongkhapa would engage in spirit practice? Arguments like these are very clear and logical and yet, despite having this information at their fingertips, Dalai Lama supporters still refuse to face the truth.

Kate, I agree with you in saying that the tulkus are so compassionate to manifest to us. However, for me, the proof is less so from recognition by great masters...I look at it this way - if we believe that by realising the Buddhadharma, some lamas have become masters of their mindstreams and attained bodhicitta, then it follows that by realising the Buddhadharma they have also purified negative karma. Following on from THAT, is it so difficult to believe they have also achieved the power of a controlled rebirth?

G

VS

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 04:23:34 PM »
Thank you very much, Hope Rainbow, for this wonderful news! I can't agree more with everyone that it is really great news that high lamas who are Shugden practitioners are back to continue to benefit sentient beings. Best of all, they are being recognised by the 14th Dalai Lama! What does that tell you?!

This also shows that if Shugden practice is 'evil', why does these high lamas who are Shugden practitioners reincarnate? Shouldn't they been doomed?

There're 2 sides to a coin, it's up to you, what you want to believe in!

May Domo Geshe Rinpoche's incarnation continues to spread Lama Tsongkhapa and Protector's teachings.

Rejoice!

Helena

• Email
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 04:57:49 PM »
It's always great to read stories of Tulkus. I love them!

All the great Masters who practise DS are returning.

Isn't it clear already by now?

There is just no stopping DS - no way on earth.

We shall see who remains standing at the end of it all.

Why I love Tulkus so much" One simple reason - they always come back when you need them.

They are living proofs like WB said.

Gives the words, "I'll be back!" a whole new meaning!
Helena

Big Uncle

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 05:52:40 PM »
In the early summer of 2006, from a list of names gathered by the Search Committee, Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche selected one child, a boy born in June 2003 in New York City to Karma and Hishey Dorji of Sikkim.

Wow! A Buddha was born in New York! That is so cool because Buddhas only seem to emanate in Tibet and India for some strange reason. There must be an extremely compelling reason for Domo Geshe Rinpoche to have chosen to take rebirth in New York. I wonder what that is? If Trijang Rinpoche is the one who found him, it must be the unmistaken incarnation of Domo Geshe Rinpoche - Lama Tsongkhapa incarnate. May his incarnation mature, all obstacles for the manifestation of his enlightened deeds be pacified. Dorje Shugden is said to be very fond of this particular Lama, probably because of who he is. Nevertheless, all this is very exciting news! Thank you!

Big Uncle

hope rainbow

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 05:50:15 AM »
Time to revive this topic.
Does anyone have news about Domo Geshe Rinpoche's current incarnation?

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 09:08:01 AM »
Oh yes...in fact there is a very exciting and important event happening today! The current Domo Geshe Rinpoche is to be ordained by H.E Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche today! The young Domo Geshe Rinpoche will be taking his first monk vows!

At a very young age, Domo Rinpoche is already learning at a very fast pace. Normally a young child can memorize around 5-6 words a day or less. But Rinpoche can memorize 20-30 words a day, what more Dharma texts! Definitely not something a ordinary person can do. I also heard when Rinpoche was younger, he already had clairvoyance. He could predict a coming natural disaster and hence saved many lives!

Galen

• Email
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 09:27:10 AM »
Further to what Tsangpakarpo said, Domo Rinpoche is being ordained in Shar Gaden. He is currently residing in Shar Gaden Monastery as he has started on his monastic studies. There must be a very good reason that Domo Rinpoche chose to be reborn in New York and is an American Citizen. THis will definitely help in his work in the future.

On other interesting info about Domo Rinpoche, he loves animals especially seals. There's a story that one day when Domo Rinpoche was strolling by the beach, a seal and an otter came out from the sea and greeted him! This is so amazing. Even animals know who an enlightened being is.

Congratulations to Domo Rinpoche for taking his monk vows today. May the teachings of Lama Tsongkapa continue to flourish.

Poonlarp

• Email
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 09:51:39 AM »
I heard the story of past live Domo Rinpoche is very interesting.He subdued a Mongolian spirit to Namkar Barzin who is one of the main disciple of Dorje Shugden.

With such wisdom and power, I believe it could not be wrong he is Lama Tsongkapa!! I am really glad that the reincarnation is found, it means there's one more great lama found to continue spreading this holy Dorje Shugden practice! Rejoice!

hope rainbow

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 05:13:12 PM »
Further to what Tsangpakarpo said, Domo Rinpoche is being ordained in Shar Gaden.
He is currently residing in Shar Gaden Monastery as he has started on his monastic studies.
There must be a very good reason that Domo Rinpoche chose to be reborn in New York and is an American Citizen. This will definitely help in his work in the future.

Thank you Galen for your information.
Do you know if his parents are of Tibetan origins though?
Just curious.
How long has he been in Shar Gaden already?
Do we know who his tutor(s) is (are)?

Thank you

happysun

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 06:46:12 PM »
How amazing while I read the Domo Geshe Rinpoche's incarnation come back. That is so great, many high lama helping his incarnation come back. Trijiang Rinpoche and Dalai Lama had help a lot to make sure Domo Geshe Rinpoche ia back. Especially Trijing Rinpoche, this great lama in each his own incarnation had spent almost years to get back Domo Geshe Rinpoche incarnation. From this point, we can realized the Domo Geshe Rinpoche really is a very high attainment incarnation.

I knew Domo Geshe Rinpoche also a very strong DS practitioner. I also heard from many old monks and senior Geshe says, while Domo Geshe Rinpoche grow up, he will be very powerful and can benefit many sentient beings. Domo Geshe Rinpoche naturally like a monk. He is very smart even though only 7 or 8 years old. But he is very sharp. Just like some of the high lama, when Domo Geshe Rinpoche two or three year old he can recognized his previous life student's name.  Not like other kid, Domo Geshe Rinpoche was very good in his study. He like animals very much. Can you believe it, some of them just want to feed a wild dog, give up from attachment.