Author Topic: 100th Gaden Tripa from Drepung Loseling Monastery was very questionable  (Read 16281 times)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN

100th Gaden Tripa from Drepung Loseling Monastery was very questionable

click here to see:

http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=1026

comments from the same page:

Master Loo Sheng-yan is a controversial monk based in USA originally from Taiwan. He openly claims he is an
enlightened Buddha, that he had tea with Shakyamuni, and many other controversial statements.

The 100th Gaden Tripa Lobsang Nyima was from Drepung Loseling. This Tripa openly discouraged and
criticized Dorje Shugden s practice. He was not very popular also as he openly criticized kyabje Pabongka
and in certain interviews mentions he doesnt know if Pabongka was beneficial to the Buddhadharma or not. He
passed away in 2009.

Here he was seen sitting on throne next to Master Loo in Master Loo’s Kurukule Puja.

This Tripa is said to have received monetary help and assistance from Master Loo.

His throne is not in the center and at the same level as master loos which itself is not a good representation for
Gaden Tripas status and office.

Many people would say that this Tripa was not holding his prestige and office well.

Although doing this and it is on the youtube, the Tibetan Govt keeps quiet. Loseling Monastery is completely
silent. No one is reprimanded because this Tripa toe the line with Tibetan Govts policy of anti Shugden.

It is not the interest of this website to highlight this Tripa and his actions in a bad light, but you can judge for
yourself.

If you follow the Tibetan govts policies, you are supported no matter what you do. If it is embarrassing, it is
hushed up.

—————————————- ———————
The previous (100th) Ganden Tripa, Lobsang Nyingma Rinpoche, stated: “If it [Shugden] were a real protector,
it should protect the people. There may not be any protector such as this, which needs to be protected by the
people. Is it proper to disturb the peace and harmony by causing conflicts, unleashing terror and shooting
demeanous words in order to please the Dharmapala? Does this fulfill the wishes of our great masters? Try to
analyze and contemplate on the teachings that had been taught in the Lamrim [stages of path], Lojong [training
of mind] and other scriptural texts. Does devoting time in framing detrimental plots and committing degrading
act, which seems no different from the act of attacking monasteries wielding swords and spears and draining
the holy robes of the Buddha with blood, fulfill the wishes of our great masters?”[100]

and

The Mahayana teachings advocate an altruistic attitude of sacrificing few for the sake of many. Thus why is it
not possible for one, who acclaims oneself to be a Mahayana, to stop worshipping these dubious gods and
deities for the sake and benefit of the Tibetans in whole and for the well-being of His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
In the Vinaya [Buddhist code of discipline], it is held that since a controversial issue is settled by picking the
mandatory twig by “accepting the voice of many by the few” the resolution should be accepted by all. As it has
been supported by ninety five percent it would be wise and advisable for the rest five percent to stop
worshipping the deity keeping in mind that there exists provisions such as the four Severe Punishments
[Nan tur bzhi], the seven Expulsions [Gnas dbyung bdun] and the four Convictions [Grangs gzhug bzhi] in the
Vinaya [Code of Discipline].[100]

Also:

PanchenGreat says:
February 12, 2010 at 4:19 am
davidson,

The 100th Gaden Tripa was an unpopular figure beyonds the gates of Drepung. He was very political and use his position for the betterment of Drepung Loseling Monastery. He was not concerned about other Gelugpa Monasteries, sad to say.

He hard selled Drepung Loseling quite alot.

This video shows clearly how political he was and had the support of Drepung Loseling’s Monastery for money. Of course Master Loo would donate huge amounts to Gaden Tripa Lobsang Nyima and Loseling. Those are the cold hard facts and difficult truths. Most Gaden Tripas are very saintly. A few were questionable.

Extracted & Posted by tk

wang

Any article from Loo Sheng-yan's party is not worth mentioning.  Twisting around and adding in their stories in praise of Loo Sheng-yan is their common practice.  One of their favorite story is that when he met HHDL, he talked about  wind, tummo etc. those tantric practice and HHDL nod his head, praising his 'inner realization'(something like that).  They repeated similar stories for other big lama also.

In fact, for Tibetan lamas, if they don't have Han disciple to check up beforehead, will easily fall into Loo Sheng-yan's trap, especially before mid 90s, when internet is not popular.

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
In Tibetan they say: "kha yod ma red", this Tripa was very much under the power of the Dalai Lama and he has passed away already. 

I one hundred percent agree with you Trinley Kalsang!

I had a few chances to go for teachings by him. One occasion he was giving the complete Guhyasamaja initiation with commentary. I was staying nearby. I wanted to go so much. At that time there was no Dorje Shugden issue, and this Tripa had no open political opinions that I had heard of. I couldn't find any reason not to go, but deep inside, I felt I should not go. I didn't. I am so sorry to say, but I am glad I didn't attend. Apologies to this Tripa who has passed away.

TK

Ensapa

• Email
Re: 100th Gaden Tripa from Drepung Loseling Monastery was very questionable
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 12:44:08 PM »
For some reason, I find a recurring pattern here: lamas that tend to bad mouth Dorje Shugden tend to be very political and tend to be very unpopular in the monasteries. I felt really sad to read about this Ganden Tripa..it must have been really shocking and difficult to accept for the monks of Ganden, Sera and Drepung. Imagine having such a person representing Lama Tsongkhapa on earth! It is pretty obvious that he was chosen because he was vocal against Dorje Shudgen and conformed to the Dalai Lama's policies. I wouldnt criticize him, but it is things like that that makes me feel sad about the ban: people who do not deserve to be put in positions that hold the power to benefit many people are placed in such positions where they can misuse such power or harm others with their power and position that they are in. Unfortunately, in their pursuit of amassing power and wealth, they would sometimes make decisions that would bring misfortune to the monastery....

That Master Lu guy is pretty daring to have made such claims, but my other question is this: if those lamas already know that lu will misuse their name and use it to mislead many people, why would they still allow it? Is it only because they will donate a lot which is why they allow this? Perhaps the money can be used to benefit the monastery, but the collateral in this scenario would be the many people who will be misled and conned by Lu. Is it worth it and justifiable?

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 11:24:59 PM »

100th Gaden Tripa from Drepung Loseling Monastery was very questionable

click here to see:

http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=1026

comments from the same page:

Master Loo Sheng-yan is a controversial monk based in USA originally from Taiwan. He openly claims he is an
enlightened Buddha, that he had tea with Shakyamuni, and many other controversial statements.

The 100th Gaden Tripa Lobsang Nyima was from Drepung Loseling. This Tripa openly discouraged and
criticized Dorje Shugden s practice. He was not very popular also as he openly criticized kyabje Pabongka
and in certain interviews mentions he doesnt know if Pabongka was beneficial to the Buddhadharma or not. He
passed away in 2009.

Here he was seen sitting on throne next to Master Loo in Master Loo’s Kurukule Puja.

This Tripa is said to have received monetary help and assistance from Master Loo.

His throne is not in the center and at the same level as master loos which itself is not a good representation for
Gaden Tripas status and office.

Many people would say that this Tripa was not holding his prestige and office well.

Although doing this and it is on the youtube, the Tibetan Govt keeps quiet. Loseling Monastery is completely
silent. No one is reprimanded because this Tripa toe the line with Tibetan Govts policy of anti Shugden.

It is not the interest of this website to highlight this Tripa and his actions in a bad light, but you can judge for
yourself.

If you follow the Tibetan govts policies, you are supported no matter what you do. If it is embarrassing, it is
hushed up.

Extracted & Posted by tk

I have heard personally myself from one of Master Loo's students in the States making derogatory remarks regarding Tibetan monasteries when asked how did they get in contact with Drepung that money was the way into getting things done. They said the monastery was in need of monetary aid and that was the best way to gain access.

Master Loo promoted himself further by taking a group picture with the monks of Drepung in front of their prayer hall and also seen sitting on a throne with representatives of the monastery presenting him with offerings. In his books, he has claimed to sit on a throne in Drepung and gave teachings to thousands of monks. These pictures were used to promote his own school of thought which is not in line with the Gaden tradition of preserving the lineage of pure view and action.

For a person regardless monk or laity, we have never heard of a monk who has not been educated from the Three Great Seats of Tibet (Gaden, Drepung and Sera) enter into these monasteries and teach the Sangha there.

I find it very absurd and disturbing that the then TGIE has allowed this to happen and hadn't taken any measures to help preserve their own lineage and tradition. Needless to say adhering to house rules of the monastics whom need to preserve its purity.

I am stating the above facts not based on hearsay but on basis of 1+1=2. It shows how much people value money and fame as compared to the Dharma and when politics are involved, many take situations into their advantage.

This is very much against our protector's view and intent in preserving and maintaining a sacred lineage whom the great Jamgon Tsongkhapa has established with hard work over his years of studying, meditating and also propagating the Gaden tradition of pure view and conduct.
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 03:12:35 AM »
Incidentally and not surprisingly, he wrote an article riddled with logical and factual errors that was posted on the Dalai Lama's website. How can Lama Tsongkhapa's representative on earth write such a thing? Embarrassing indeed. After reading this little expose on him, I find some of the things that he wrote in the article somewhat ironic, given what he has done before....

Contemporary Scholars - The 100th Ganden Tripa (Ganden Throneholder)

Statement of His Eminence The 100th Ganden Tri Rinpoche (Head Of the Gelugpa Sect) regarding the worship of gods and protectors
As stated by His Holiness the Dalai Lama in his recent speeches regarding the worship of gods and protectors, the six major monasteries summoned gatherings at every level - monastic assembly, monastic administrators, monastic sections, individual monks - wherever deemed necessary. Signatures and finger prints of every individual monk supporting the ban on worshipping such dubious deities by any individuals or groups had been submitted. I myself attended these meetings and made essential clarifications on merits and demerits of such worship. Consequently, I had a deep satisfactory feeling that this controversial issue was finally solved, creating a peaceful atmosphere "as stainless as the sky and as pure as the earth." But unfortunately a handful of monks from certain monasteries committing "the downfall of negligence (breach of an ordained monk for neglecting the correction of their faults)" created more imbroglio and crisis in our community by sticking misleading information and distributing pamphlets without any sense of loss over their time, energy and money.

This polemic is not similar to the communal conflicts between the Hindus and the Muslims. This is an inter-sectarian theological strife caused by misunderstandings, which certainly can be solved through clarifications and correcting the things by reminding their misunderstandings and the faux pas. Thus, everyone must strive in understanding the truth by which we can gradually solve this issue. By just stating the practice of its worship by the earlier great lamas and vying for the right to faith and belief does not validates the stand. As the great Lamas of the past visualized the union of the mind of peaceful and the wrathful deities, it appears to them in a pure form. It is completely different from the worship by an ordinary person like us whose mind is filled with continuous flow of deluded emotions.
Contemptuously grave is the act of alleging rift between His Holiness and the great masters of the past with reference to this worship. This demonous act of presuming one's lama as an ordinary person and misconceivingly over-estimating and under-estimating the realities is a heinous act, committed out of one's delusion-ignorance. Thus, it is advisable to be conscientious

If it (Shugden) were a real protector, it should protect the people. There may not be any protector such as this, which needs to be protected by the people. Is it proper to disturb the peace and harmony by causing conflicts, unleashing terror and shooting demonous words in order to please the Dharma protector? Does this fulfill the wishes of our great masters? Try to analyze and contemplate on the teachings that had been taught in the Lamrim (stages of path), Lojong (training of mind) and other scriptural texts. Does devoting time in framing detrimental plots and committing degrading act, which seems no different from the act of attacking monasteries wielding swords and spears and draining the holy robes of the Buddha with blood, fulfill the wishes of our great masters?

The Mahayana teachings advocates’ altruistic attitude of sacrificing few for the sake of many. Thus why is it not possible for one, who acclaims oneself to be a Mahayana, to stop worshipping these dubious gods and deities for the sake and benefit of the Tibetans in whole and for the well-being of His Holiness the Dalai Lama. In the Vinaya (Buddhist code of discipline), it is held that since a controversial issue is settled by picking the mandatory twig by "accepting the voice of many by the few" the resolution should be accepted by all. As it has been supported by ninety five percent it would be wise and advisable for the rest five percent to stop worshipping the deity keeping in mind that there exists provisions such as the four Severe Punishments (Nan tur bzhi), the seven Expulsions (Gnas dbyung bdun) and the four Convictions (Grangs gzhug bzhi) in the Vinaya (Code of Discipline).
If we abide and adhere to the vows and teachings and are able to protect, preserve and flourish the teachings, we need not feel doubtful and confused when we have countless deities as numerous as the stars in the boundless sky. And it is quite possible that a fake deity may appear to us caused by our ignorance and contaminated actions. As Horton Chenmo's (Hor ston chen mo) Mind Training Like the rays of Sun (Blo sbyong nyi ma`i od zer) States:

At this period, when this realm of existence is filled with beings whose actions of body, speech and mind are engaged in harming others, the Dharma protectors, the gods and the Nagas have left for other universe to protect the teachings and the four categories of Buddha's disciples. And on the other hand, the power and the spells of the devilish non-humans, who enkindle the evils, increase and become powerful. They, assuming the form of religious practitioners, cause every calamities and sufferings in this world and cause various obstacles to the Dharma practitioner

There are many gods and Nagas assuming the form of the powerful ones and granting boons. What certainty is there in god whose appearances are ever changing, obstacles befell on persons who had the vision of evil spirit in the form of white Manjushri. In the past, Tendar, a slain Mongolian abbot of Sera Je monastery, too is said to have had the vision of an image similar to that of Je Tsongkhapa, but had to undergo many obstacles. And, in our ritual texts, it had been said that there are many demons and spirits who assumes the form of a deceased and inflict sufferings to their surviving relatives. And many fire sacrificial rites are meant to banish and ward off these outer evil forces. Even amongst the retinue of the great protector, Vaishravana, there hides many terrifying demons. And, as for the fifteen directional protectors, there are `the fifteen evil protectors' that are to be subdued through Phurba rituals and the `fifteen godly protectors.' And as for the sixty two Chakrasamvaras with reference to the subduables and the subduers, it is held that there are sixty two evils that are to be subdued. And if the practitioner does not abide by the vows and if he were not free from desire and attachment, the power of the evil deities would increase and would cause more harm than good. If we worship or invoke gods and protectors with a mind focusing on the nine apprehensions of conceit as the center of our meditation and practice, then it is said that the god and protectors, if good and real would never fulfill your wishes but would be as dangerous as holding a burning thunderbolt in your hand. His Holiness clearly quoted from the life story of Changkya Rolpai Dorjee, the banishment of Dolgyal from the Ganden area by the great throne-holder Ngawang Chokdhen out of his innately pure mind which is free from any misconception. And, the life story of Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo written by Dho Drupchen relates:

While Khyentse Wangpo was imparting Tantric teachings (rgyud brtag pa gnyis pa) at Derge Lhundrup, Shugden approached to listen to the teachings saying, "As your explanations are good and the teaching are elegant, I felt desirous in listening to it." As a Gelug scholar, why is he quoting a nongelug lama? Thus not only humans, but even the ferocious non-human too swarm around the nectar of his teachings.

When such great Rimey Lamas (non-sectarian lama) forbids the worship, it must be known that it is undoubtedly true that these arise out of our own misconception. What certainty there is in such misconceived appearances? Once when Arhat Upgupta was giving teachings, an evil spirit tried to interrupt him but found him invincible. Upgupta then said, "I had never seen the Buddha. Thus, evil one, assume the form of the Buddha." The demon instantaneously assumed the form of the Buddha. Out of deep reverence, when the great Arhat was about to prostrate, it is said that the demon unable to bear the sight changed himself into his real form. And in Khedrup Rinpoche's text `The Great Explanation of Kalachakra (Dus' khor tik chen)' states that the devil Garab Wangchuk tried to interrupt Galo in his practice by assuming different forms and protecting him and at times approaching him for teachings. But Galo sought the initiation of Shemar, and therefore, turned invulnerable. Thus, there are numerous other analogies proving fallible nature of these spirits and demons, which assume godly images and fulfil some trivial wishes.
And at times, worshipping of gods even if it be real, had to be stopped. During the 21 days Molam festival in Lhasa, performing invocations and trance rituals of deity Karmasha of Lhasa was prohibited. It is held that Chushur Tenpa Tsering, a cruel chieftain, died and was born as an evil spirit in the locality of Samye Pekar. This evil spirit dropped poison in the utensil meant for the monk assembly at the Molam festival. But the Dharma protector Nechung perforated a hole from beneath the utensil with cloth- spear by which the afternoon tea could not be served. If candidly expressed, Karmasha was held guilty as the accusation and allegement fell on him. During the commencement of the Molam congregation, the disciplinarian of Drepung monastery sternly declared his warning in the Karmasha invocation hall:
"No one shall, during the 21 days Monlam festival, burn even an iota of incence as dimunitive as the breath of a guinea pig nor shall one offer Torma as small as the tiny thump. No musical instrument shall be played. How can Chushar Tenpa Tsering, a man who had entered the heart of evil-spirit, be the minister Jatri Chanchik (Karmasha)?"
Thus, there is no certainty in the appearances caused by our Karmas as the saying goes:

A single object conceived with disparate mind is held to be a non-established existence.
When one is attached to the doctrines, it is no different for getting attached to wealth and riches. It is stated in Abhidharmakosa (Mngon pa mdzod) as:
Pride, arrogance and haughtiness Are out of attachment to one's attributes [Thus,] such mind are fully obscured.
And, the great Je Tsongkhapa had stated:
It had been said that if one does not meditate analytically on the tenets with an unbiased analytical mind, by abandoning discrimination out of attachment towards oneself and aversion towards other, one would forever be tightly bound in this cyclic existence. Thus, we must understand that this statement is a unique teaching given to us out of great compassion.
Thus, our disputes and arguments are out of attachment and if keenly examined with an unbiased mind, we would come to know that there is not a single good thing that is in conformity with the Dharma.
Whatever may it be, god or evil spirit, there is no restriction in worshipping it. One had not understood the basic definition of the universally acclaimed `Right to faith and belief.' A short definition of it can undo the knots and clarify the misunderstanding of this principle. An individual has complete freedom whether to have faith in a particular religion or not. Again, an individual has complete freedom whether to have belief in a particular religion or not. Thus, according to this principle, no one can be forced into particular religious system. This itself becomes an answer to their allegement.
We most probably say, “we have solemn faith and belief in our religion." Whatever religion may it be, no difference of accessibility and restrictions had been made. Everyone is guaranteed with the right to faith and belief. One may insists, "I have complete right to faith and belief and no one can restrict me from worshiping any gods and protectors." But, if citizens feigning right to faith and belief, violates the constitutional laws of his country in such manner, it would cause an unruly state "where people violates the law and horse shakes off its saddle." And to them, it might also be appropriate for a Buddhist to practice the religion of the Hindu and the Muslim. But it is explicitly stated in the refuge vows to not do forsake refuge at any costs...? If one enters Buddhism but practices in an overtly opposite manner to the Buddhist principles and tenets, then one violates the principal hallmark of Buddhism and feigning right to faith and belief does not help. Hence it is said, "When in Yala Shampo, worship god Yala Shampo" and "When one drinks the water of the land, so must one adhere to the laws of the land". Thus when one seeks refuge in the Buddha, one does not seek refuge in other gods; when one seeks refuge in the teachings of the Buddha, one should not commit ill deeds: and when one seeks refuge in the Buddha's community, one does not befriend a person with wrong and distorted views. Thus, the enforcement of this right to faith and belief encompasses only to a certain limited spheres.

If right to faith and belief had not been limited monastic rules might have not been possible. In Tibet, law of the monastery proclaims that postulant monks shall seek admission only in their respective monastic sections. Law again states that the great Lamas and Tulkus through their numerous incarnations shall not change their monastic sections or monasteries, but had to stick to a particular monastic section. Many cases caused by such misunderstandings had been reported. Here too, some monastic sections had been filing such cases. Thus, with a clear understanding of this right to faith and belief, we should strive to settle such cases and must prevent such false cases to rise.

The act of pronouncing one's strong faith in worldly gods is no different from publicizing your faults and downfall in your adherence to "the advice or refuge-seeking." Moreover, there is none amongst us who had not received teachings from His Holiness. Likewise every of us had received many Tantric initiation, instructions and transmissions. Thus, disfiguring and demeaning one's Vajra Guru would cause results so inconceivably grave and unbearable. And it is sarcastic on finding a person, who upholding the laws of cause and effect not having even the slightest regrets and doubts over blindly committing a grave blunder and also drowning everyone in it. It would be wise to contemplate and practice in cultivating reverence to one's master as had been taught in Dorjee Chang's Lamrim (stages of path). The root text of Guhyasamaja Root Tantra (Gsang `dus rtsa rgyud) states:
If sentient beings commit an action as grave as the heinous crimes. He [still] can attain the superior Vajra Vehicle but who from within disregards his master shall never attain, even if exerted. And also in the tantra of Vajrapani Initiation (Lag na rdo rje dbang bskur ba`i rgyud):If we, Tantric practitioners, do not think on the immensely grave demerits of disregarding one's master, who would? And so, why would you discard your lineage Gurus and also probably, your own Guru in favor of being politically correct? Can the Dalai Lama logically override the Guru's commands and advice?

This demonous act of ignoring the advice of His Holiness on spiritual and temporal ground intended for the benefit of Tibetans and masterminding certain detrimental activities in finding slightest differences to your view clearly signifies ones lack of patriotism. Does the sour reality of governmental official needing police and security to escort them on their visit to the monasteries, centers of peace and religion, not become a cause for shame and embarrassment to the Tibetans in general and the monastic centers in particulars? The ban itself is a huge embarrassment to Tibetans and it insults the intelligence of people Thus, it is timely to stop this strife by being aware of the grave outcome and essence less nature of this root of disagreement. But without sound conscience, if one adamantly tries to oppose it, then like "a hundred birds flying east: and the pack bird flying west" one would turn into our enemy's best friend for having a same adverse standpoint and strategy. And, one would face the same consequences as did the adamant Pelsur Jholak. Thus, it is wise for everyone, ordained and the laymen, to bear some minor loss on this ground.
And throwing old monks who did nothing but spend their lives training other monks is a minor loss...teaching monks to throw away their lineage Gurus is a minor loss. sounds like a major one to me.

If Je Rinpoche had introduced this New Kadampa Tradition in order to distinguish between the worshipper of this Red god and the rest, then it would be appropriate. But, it should be known that Je Rinpoche did not introduce this tradition in order to distinguish the worshippers from the rest. It is quite improper if one does not have any understanding on these extreme consequences. If one continuously swaggers on acquiring some wealth and status like a little son rejoicing on receiving some gifts from his parent, we need not explore the whole world to find an example to wholly prove and validate Je Rinpoche's prophecy:"My teaching will be destroyed by wealth and riches."Indeed. Is that why you accepted the money from master Lu?Now your reputation is destroyed indeed. Kindly ponder over the contents and practice it as this had been written out of strong resolute intention by a person inept in politics. This is rich, coming from you. Really.

20 September, 1996

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 01:19:57 PM »

PanchenGreat says:
davidson,

The 100th Gaden Tripa was an unpopular figure beyonds the gates of Drepung. He was very political and use his position for the betterment of Drepung Loseling Monastery. He was not concerned about other Gelugpa Monasteries, sad to say.

This video shows clearly how political he was and had the support of Drepung Loseling’s Monastery for money. Of course Master Loo would donate huge amounts to Gaden Tripa Lobsang Nyima and Loseling. Those are the cold hard facts and difficult truths. Most Gaden Tripas are very saintly. A few were questionable.

Extracted & Posted by tk

I have heard this from the monks in both Gaden and Sera that this Gaden Tripa is not very saintly either and it is very obvious in the results he had delivered while he was in office.

A wise lama once have told me before as I was very much jaded with the politics of Tibetan Buddhism and did not know how to view lamas and monks. This lama told me that it is very simple, look at their results, look at what they have done for the Dharma and how they have done it. And it is very true, cause the picture becomes clearer.

Ensapa

• Email

PanchenGreat says:
davidson,

Extracted & Posted by tk

I have heard this from the monks in both Gaden and Sera that this Gaden Tripa is not very saintly either and it is very obvious in the results he had delivered while he was in office.

A wise lama once have told me before as I was very much jaded with the politics of Tibetan Buddhism and did not know how to view lamas and monks. This lama told me that it is very simple, look at their results, look at what they have done for the Dharma and how they have done it. And it is very true, cause the picture becomes clearer.

there is much to learn from this episode of a questionable Ganden Tripa who did little to care for the monks and the Ganden tradition where he is supposed to uphold. For crying out loud, the Ganden Tripa represents Lama Tsongkhapa on earth!!! How can he pull down Lama Tsongkhapa to such a low level??! Secondly, we can see the ill effects of following something just for political reasons and not based on actual talent. When someone is recruited just to comply with a political stand, nasty things like these happen. As usual, CTA and HHDL is quiet about all of these wrongdoings and pretend that nothing happened, a silence which has been observed with the self immolations and the real story behind the Dorje Shugden ban and all the open letters that accompany them. Does silence here means admitting their mistakes?

whitelion

I hate to say this but who is Master Loo ? Is he a Gelug, Nyima, Sakya, Kagyu or Bon monk ? Can someone give me any clearer explanation ? If he doesn't belong to any of these 4 schools of Tibetan Buddhism, why HH 100th Gaden Tripa or HH 14th Dalai Lama never stop/advise him not to wear Tibetan Buddhism ritual hat ? Doesn't HHDL know that Master Loo have been using Tibetan Buddhism living Buddha tile to get fund for his center ? Why HHDL still meet him which will lead to more confusion for public.

Or does HH 100th Gaden Tripa? HHDL or CTA actually accept Master Loo as part of Tibetan Buddhism Lineage and agreed and approved what he does ? Master Loo is using Gelug Monasteries, Lamas, and even HHDL's name to spread "Dharma" but does the practice or teaching that he spread consider authentic, I'm not so sure about it. So why HHDL or CTA remain quiet on all his action ? Why HHDL accept to see him and even Drepung Loseling welcome Master Loo and received him into Drepung with high lama protocol.

Isn't this more damaging for Gelug compare to DS issue ? Master Loo giving Kalachakra initiation publicly in USA, why HHDL or CTA never say a word? Is Kalachakra lineage that Master Loo received authentic ? Or does he understand this extremely deep and profound teaching perfectly ? Because if Master Loo doesn't, it will be very damaging when he pass down the lineage to others. Why CTA and HHDL allow this ?

If CTA or HHDL can accept Master Loo who claims himself as living Buddha, why can't them accept HH Trijang Rinpoche, who is the real living Buddha at the same time one of HHDL's tutor, who also passed down many teaching and lineage to HHDL.

CTA even sent many death threat to the current HH Trijang Rinpoche just because he practice DS ? Why don't CTA do something to stop someone who using Tibetan Buddhism to cheat and harm others ? Why is CTA remain so quiet on this ? Why Drepung welcome Master Loo for visit but agreed on remove 101th Gaden Tripa name from the Tripa Lineage ?

CTA you are the biggest fool in the world, maybe you should recite more Manjushri or DS mantra to give you a clear mind to know what's going.

Here I attached some pictures of Master Loo when he performed some ritual, it's show very clearly he's wearing high lama hat which represent the 4 main schools of Varjayana.

Attached also a youtube link that Master Loo giving Kalachakra initiation in public.
Small | Large

samayakeeper

• Email
Short cut recipe to Enlightenment: Money, politics, fame and name.

Alas, if such people who are being perceived to be holy and attained may be attracted to the above I wonder what they teach when they sit on their high and mighty throne.

Ensapa

• Email
and oh, guess who recognized a new tulku? I found this article from my facebook and it is in Chinese, but since I cant post Chinese here, this is the english translation of the text from Google translate:

[Lu Sheng-the Venerable News speed reported for today reincarnation of His Holiness the special certification Jizo spit login noted Rinpoche He especially went to the front and Xu Yuan: "this is Xu Yuan, Master certified Rinpoche, the father is Xuhong Chun, mother Blue Chu, when they have a daughter (daughter), Child-giving of husband and wife to the Master, the Master said Blue Su Chu soon see in the Mandala Tibetan into her body, so she was pregnant gave birth to many yuan, he himself is transformed Jizo Master confirmed that he was born with the eye in the sky can be observed sentient beings Master emulated No.: to spit login noted Rinpoche [note Gell it] Sanskrit [Jizo]. " His Holiness the order spit login noted Rinpoche off the crown to continue to introduce: "He read the third grade. Wise eyes of his fingers, the hands of the law of the ships will be Hirowatari beings want his parents to let him read a formal school, but also learn Tantra rituals, as future the Master preach spit login noted Rinpoche why the Master whichever whose real name is Xu Yuan? he returned to own Buddha nature itself chanting mantra, can observe the causal III Master now give him wear a miter, certification Xu Yuan Rinpoche again! "His Holiness Living Buddha Lian Lu Sheng His words, which led to the scene of the most enthusiastic applause amazed!

It's a bit crude, but it seems that he has recognized the little boy as a reincarnation of Kishigatarba or earth store bodhisattva. Now who gave him authority to do so? why is CTA keeping quiet about this? hahahahaha

Big Uncle

Well, I can't say much about Master Loo that's not already been said. However, the Gaden Tripa is a little more interesting. His words are indeed controversial and definitely not acceptable but when the Gaden Tripa passed away, he passed away in full control - in full death/clear light meditation called Thukdham.

Despite his apparently negative statements regarding Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche, he is actually a highly accomplished master. I am not sure of what his intentions were to sow seeds of discord within the Gelug by speaking negatively about Kyabje Pabongka and Dorje Shugden but his death reveals who he is. Below is the news article detailing the manner of his death. That's how real accomplished masters and Tantrikas reveal their powers and they do not really need fancy hats, names and stories to elevate their status.

Former Ganden Tripa Stays on 'Thukdam' for 18 Days
http://www.phayul.com/news/article.aspx?id=22935&t=1

Dharamshala, October 6 – Doctors and researchers at the Drepung monastery were amazed to witness a rare spectacle in the south Indian Tibetan settlement of Mungod. His eminence Lobsang Nyima, the former Gaden Tripa, who passed away on September 14, stayed in Thukdham for 18 days, till 1st October.

Thukdham, as per Tibetan Buddhist Tantric practice, is explained as a stage in which a highly learned lama or practitioner with his life time practice of meditation is able to meditate on the ‘Clear Light Stage’, an ultimate process of inner dissolution of five elements and consciousness. The practitioners, while in Thukdham, are able to control their body from decomposition and to maintain the internal body heat.

Tenzin Namdul, a Tibetan doctor at the Men-Tsee-Khang, and Dr. Yangzom Dolker of Delek hospital, were sent to Mundgod, South India to scientifically investigate the effect of Thukdham on Trisur Rinpoche's body. Thukdham project was initiated last December in collaboration with Dr. Richard Davidson's brain imaging laboratory at University of Wisconsin under the guidance of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, says Dr. Namdul. The doctors measured the effect of Thukdham on Rinpoche's body through EEG, ECG and body temperature using latest scientific equipment.

Tibetans as well as Indians thronged Drepung for Rinpoche’s blessing. A team of researchers and scientists from Swami Vivekananda Yoga Research Foundation from Bangalore arrived to witness what they later termed as a "scientific breakthrough in the effect of intense meditation". Another team of senior doctors and neuroscientists from Belgaum’s KLES Prabhakar Kore Hospital where Rinpoche breathed his last also arrived to witness the spectacle.

“The doctors commented this is something they need to see to believe and now that they have witnessed it, they said they are simply surprised and speechless. Both the team expressed strong desire in initiating a collaborative project on this important and complex subject”, Dr. Namdul said.

Some say that longer period of meditation will prolong the arrival of his reincarnation. Dalai Lama had asked the attendants of Gaden Trisur to allow the mediation to continue. Earlier, the Tibetan leader had said that scientists should examine the state of thukdham of Tibetan masters and Lamas.

Under guidance of Dalai Lama, Trisur Rinpoche's body will be mummified so that people can have his audience and be blessed by his presence, Dr. Namdul said.

Ensapa

• Email
Well, I can't say much about Master Loo that's not already been said. However, the Gaden Tripa is a little more interesting. His words are indeed controversial and definitely not acceptable but when the Gaden Tripa passed away, he passed away in full control - in full death/clear light meditation called Thukdham.

Despite his apparently negative statements regarding Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche, he is actually a highly accomplished master. I am not sure of what his intentions were to sow seeds of discord within the Gelug by speaking negatively about Kyabje Pabongka and Dorje Shugden but his death reveals who he is. Below is the news article detailing the manner of his death. That's how real accomplished masters and Tantrikas reveal their powers and they do not really need fancy hats, names and stories to elevate their status.

Former Ganden Tripa Stays on 'Thukdam' for 18 Days
http://www.phayul.com/news/article.aspx?id=22935&t=1

Dharamshala, October 6 – Doctors and researchers at the Drepung monastery were amazed to witness a rare spectacle in the south Indian Tibetan settlement of Mungod. His eminence Lobsang Nyima, the former Gaden Tripa, who passed away on September 14, stayed in Thukdham for 18 days, till 1st October.

Thukdham, as per Tibetan Buddhist Tantric practice, is explained as a stage in which a highly learned lama or practitioner with his life time practice of meditation is able to meditate on the ‘Clear Light Stage’, an ultimate process of inner dissolution of five elements and consciousness. The practitioners, while in Thukdham, are able to control their body from decomposition and to maintain the internal body heat.

Tenzin Namdul, a Tibetan doctor at the Men-Tsee-Khang, and Dr. Yangzom Dolker of Delek hospital, were sent to Mundgod, South India to scientifically investigate the effect of Thukdham on Trisur Rinpoche's body. Thukdham project was initiated last December in collaboration with Dr. Richard Davidson's brain imaging laboratory at University of Wisconsin under the guidance of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, says Dr. Namdul. The doctors measured the effect of Thukdham on Rinpoche's body through EEG, ECG and body temperature using latest scientific equipment.

Tibetans as well as Indians thronged Drepung for Rinpoche’s blessing. A team of researchers and scientists from Swami Vivekananda Yoga Research Foundation from Bangalore arrived to witness what they later termed as a "scientific breakthrough in the effect of intense meditation". Another team of senior doctors and neuroscientists from Belgaum’s KLES Prabhakar Kore Hospital where Rinpoche breathed his last also arrived to witness the spectacle.

“The doctors commented this is something they need to see to believe and now that they have witnessed it, they said they are simply surprised and speechless. Both the team expressed strong desire in initiating a collaborative project on this important and complex subject”, Dr. Namdul said.

Some say that longer period of meditation will prolong the arrival of his reincarnation. Dalai Lama had asked the attendants of Gaden Trisur to allow the mediation to continue. Earlier, the Tibetan leader had said that scientists should examine the state of thukdham of Tibetan masters and Lamas.

Under guidance of Dalai Lama, Trisur Rinpoche's body will be mummified so that people can have his audience and be blessed by his presence, Dr. Namdul said.

It could be that in the present life he has to manifest in this way due to the negative karma of his students. A Lama can manifest in ways due to the students' karma and perhaps in that lifetime he turned up that day due to that. Or, it could be that before his death, and after his unfortunate actions he managed to reverse those karmas and attained enlightenment. In any case, his attainment of clear light is something that we should applaud and respect, but it does not really mean his actions are right and should be emulated.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email

MUMMIFIED?!!! o_0

I have not heard of any Lamas besides Je Tsongkhapa, the Panchen Lamas and Dalai Lamas were there other Lamas who are given such an honor by the Tibetan Govt (back then) to have their bodies mummified! I wonder how true this piece of news is.

Considering the connections between HHDL and Master Loo coupled with this Tripa's contraversy, it is nothing new which we could not think the TGIE would do in order to prove that they are right.

Does anyone have any pictures to proof that the body of the Tripa was mummified instead of the traditional cremation?
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

DharmaDefender

MUMMIFIED?!!! o_0

I have not heard of any Lamas besides Je Tsongkhapa, the Panchen Lamas and Dalai Lamas were there other Lamas who are given such an honor by the Tibetan Govt (back then) to have their bodies mummified! I wonder how true this piece of news is.

Considering the connections between HHDL and Master Loo coupled with this Tripa's contraversy, it is nothing new which we could not think the TGIE would do in order to prove that they are right.

Does anyone have any pictures to proof that the body of the Tripa was mummified instead of the traditional cremation?

Hmmm Ive read of stories of monks who meditated and preserved their own bodies through meditation. Funny how the Gaden Tripa wasnt able to do this...