Author Topic: 11th Panchen Lama?  (Read 8350 times)

DharmapalasDharma

• Shugden
11th Panchen Lama?
« on: June 03, 2010, 01:06:39 AM »
I am a strong Shugden Devotee and I also follow His Holiness the Dalai Lama. I found out DS.com supports the Chinese Government Panchen Lama. I think this is so wrong! In Tibet people are suffering much worse than exile Tibetans who follow Shugden. His Holiness may have caused divisions and discrimination but he never stuck electric cattle prods on people and tortured them in any such similar way. If we as Shugdenpas support the Beijing Panchen Lama and the Chinese then His Holiness and his exile government are right that we are on the Chinese payroll. Is this the right message to spread? Stay non-violent, compassionate,and free of hatred. In time the Shugden and Tibet issues will be resolved and goodness and truth will prevail.

Peace,Love,Tashi Delek and Free Tibet
DevoteeofDorje

a friend

Re: 11th Panchen Lama?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 03:11:00 AM »

Dear DD,
What an interesting mixture! Really something to behold! A strong Shugden devotee that also follows the Dalai Lama?
Either you are making a little bit fun of this bunch of old practitioners or you are some type of dreamer not in touch with reality.
Of course, it's your civil right to choose that attitude.
I suppose you are aware that you are a very disobedient follower of the Dalai Lama?
I suppose you are aware that it's a lack of respect for the man to say that you are his follower while proclaiming that you are a "strong Shugden devotee"? Maybe you are making fun of the Dalai Lama?

Just to remind us all. The Dalai Lama said that there is no interpretative meaning to his ban on the Protector. His rejection of the Protector belongs to the category of definitive meaning. His words.

Middleway

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 06:11:44 AM »

Just to remind us all. The Dalai Lama said that there is no interpretative meaning to his ban on the Protector. His rejection of the Protector belongs to the category of definitive meaning. His words.

Dear A Friend - is that a direct quote or a summation? If it's a direct quote I'd really apreciate a link to the source as it's a good one. 

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 09:31:38 AM »
Indeed that I do agree to a certain degree to what DD has said. But do also know that HH the current 11th Panchen Lama also does feel for his people and is doing his best to create a better circumstance for his people to live in. In a recent earthquake in China, he's done such a noble deed with making prayers for the welfare of his people. Now, HH is not only the Panchen Lama of Tibet, but the Panchen Lama of China:) What a grand title for a Shugden Lama

Small | Large

cheers
H1N1
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Zach

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 09:38:54 AM »
Its nice to see the Panchen Lama cares for his people, I would expect a holy being such as the Panchen Lama to use whatever position he is granted to benifit other sentient beings regardless of temporal affairs.  :)

dsnowlion

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 11:51:24 AM »
Hi sorry I've been away from the forum for awhile due to some unforeseen circumstances but now that I'm back and checking out the latest news...wow there is plenty of interesting topics and how fantastic to see a free distribution DS brochure :)

Regarding the Panchen Lama ... Why do we get so hung up about being politically correct all the time?

Whatever it is the Panchen Lama practices Dorje Shugden long ago even in his previous lives. If the new Panchen being on China's side will spread ds to billions of people in China. I would think heck why not! They need it badly anyways and it will benefit many and relief people's suffering. Why Not? That is the main motivation isn't it - to benefit others?!

Whatever the TGI wants to say or think they already have and how long can we remain suppressed? Ds does not belong to Tibet or China, he is a Buddha - Manjushri. So everyone and anyone has the right to practice him if they like. Otherwise this is like saying and agreeing that Dorje Shugden is a demon if we really want to follow what HHDL advices. Yes we can and should respect HHDL, we don't have to say nasty things about HH, and we also don't have to join the band wagon to go against HH, but again he is not our root teacher that gave us our practice. We should focus our devotion on our root guru as ultimately our guru's are the one who will take us through the path of enlightenment.

Zach

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 12:21:44 PM »
Hi sorry I've been away from the forum for awhile due to some unforeseen circumstances but now that I'm back and checking out the latest news...wow there is plenty of interesting topics and how fantastic to see a free distribution DS brochure :)

Regarding the Panchen Lama ... Why do we get so hung up about being politically correct all the time?

Whatever it is the Panchen Lama practices Dorje Shugden long ago even in his previous lives. If the new Panchen being on China's side will spread ds to billions of people in China. I would think heck why not! They need it badly anyways and it will benefit many and relief people's suffering. Why Not? That is the main motivation isn't it - to benefit others?!

Whatever the TGI wants to say or think they already have and how long can we remain suppressed? Ds does not belong to Tibet or China, he is a Buddha - Manjushri. So everyone and anyone has the right to practice him if they like. Otherwise this is like saying and agreeing that Dorje Shugden is a demon if we really want to follow what HHDL advices. Yes we can and should respect HHDL, we don't have to say nasty things about HH, and we also don't have to join the band wagon to go against HH, but again he is not our root teacher that gave us our practice. We should focus our devotion on our root guru as ultimately our guru's are the one who will take us through the path of enlightenment.

Well spoken !  :)