Author Topic: News from Shar Gaden  (Read 139323 times)

Helena

• Email
Re: News from Shar Gaden
« Reply #150 on: July 27, 2010, 03:40:51 PM »
It is very lovely to read all your updates. Love the umbrella story. It is like what Duldzin wrote - nothing is too small or too insignificant to the High Lamas. They take note of every little thing. Keep up the good work and please write some more. It always brightens my day to read your stories from Shar Gaden. Thank you for sharing.
Helena

Big Uncle

« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2010, 05:03:57 PM »
Yeah, it is so neat to have our very own correspondence guy in Shar Gaden reporting and letting us know on the latest news from within the Shugden monastic community. Thank you so much and I can only imagine that it must be invigorating to be living within a monastic community - where everyone's single-minded goal is the pursuit of spiritual affairs. I can't wait to see those little monks learning English and maturing so they can one day spread Lama Tsongkhapa's and Dorje Shugden's lineage out into the world! I really love the news. Thank you!

Big Uncle

honeydakini

« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2010, 05:13:28 PM »
Dear TS,
Have been seeing your photos on Facebook - keep 'em coming, I just love seeing snapshots of daily life in the monastery. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful  part of the world with us. You too look most at home there and I'm so happy for all the work you are there. I imagine it will be extremely difficult to leave... and so I'm happy that we're also able to help in some way to contribute towards your return at the end of the year.

Rachel ra ra

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #153 on: July 31, 2010, 04:53:27 AM »
Thank you Rachel. Yes, it is down to 7 weeks until I have to leave. But with the help pledged here, I will be back in late December or early January.

In many ways, this has become home for me. These monks have become my brothers and I feel closer to some of them than I do to my own brother in America.

If I had one wish it would be to take ordination and join the monks for the daily pujas. I asked my teacher about ordination before I came here and he gave me the same wise advice that my first teacher gave me 10 years ago: Live as if ordained and work towards becoming a suitable vessel for monkhood.

I hope that my work here is helping to create the karmic causes for ordination in the future.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #154 on: July 31, 2010, 11:27:52 AM »
Today I was asked by the Shar Gaden school principal if I could teach the monks basic math two or three days a week. I agreed and will be starting early next week.
I am very grateful that I will have the opportunity to come back here in December to continueto teach these monks what I am able.

Zach

« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2010, 10:21:07 AM »
Thank you Rachel. Yes, it is down to 7 weeks until I have to leave. But with the help pledged here, I will be back in late December or early January.

In many ways, this has become home for me. These monks have become my brothers and I feel closer to some of them than I do to my own brother in America.

If I had one wish it would be to take ordination and join the monks for the daily pujas. I asked my teacher about ordination before I came here and he gave me the same wise advice that my first teacher gave me 10 years ago: Live as if ordained and work towards becoming a suitable vessel for monkhood.

I hope that my work here is helping to create the karmic causes for ordination in the future.

Im sure it would Duke !  :) and a very valuable asset you would be aswell !  :)

Helena

• Email
« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2010, 03:17:20 PM »
Dear Duke,

I am certain everything that you are doing in Shar Gaden now is creating many causes for you to fulfill your heart felt wish. At the same time, I am sure that it is helping the monks in more ways than one.

May your wishes be fulfilled, dear friend. May you always continue to benefit others.

Take good care.

Im sure it would Duke !  :) and a very valuable asset you would be aswell !  :)
Helena

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #157 on: August 11, 2010, 02:49:56 PM »
Today we took a few group pictures of all of the students and teachers of the Shar Gaden Monastery School.  These are the younger students who are pursuing a primary education before they move on to the more advanced religious education. The monastery school provides a basic education in Tibetan language and grammar, mathamatics, English language and grammar, Tibetan handwritting, basic philosophy, memorization of scripture, as well as some science and history. Other subjects, such as art and ritual, are studied individually with a personal teacher.

Right now I am teaching three different classes for the school, and two additional classes for the older monks who can not attend the school sessions. There is one additional voluntary class a day during the lunch break that is open to anyone who has free time and wants to come. Outside of this, there is also one session a day with Tendar Rinpoche Lobsang Jamphel. This is a pretty busy schedule, but I have plenty of time in the morning and late evening for my personal practices and studies.

Can you find me in the picture? Maybe I should have worn red!

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: August 11, 2010, 03:42:56 PM »
Wow TS

It is amazing how much u have done for the Sangha of Shar Gaden. I truly rejoice in the good deeds, dedication and your devotion to your Lama, the 3 Jewels and our Lord Protector Dorje Shugden.

Do take care and looking forward for more updates from u from East Tushita

H1N1
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #159 on: August 11, 2010, 04:05:09 PM »
Today we took a few group pictures of all of the students and teachers of the Shar Gaden Monastery School.  These are the younger students who are pursuing a primary education before they move on to the more advanced religious education. The monastery school provides a basic education in Tibetan language and grammar, mathamatics, English language and grammar, Tibetan handwritting, basic philosophy, memorization of scripture, as well as some science and history. Other subjects, such as art and ritual, are studied individually with a personal teacher.

Right now I am teaching three different classes for the school, and two additional classes for the older monks who can not attend the school sessions. There is one additional voluntary class a day during the lunch break that is open to anyone who has free time and wants to come. Outside of this, there is also one session a day with Tendar Rinpoche Lobsang Jamphel. This is a pretty busy schedule, but I have plenty of time in the morning and late evening for my personal practices and studies.

Can you find me in the picture? Maybe I should have worn red!

Tenzin Sungrab,

You're too cute! It's lovely to see your picture amongst the sangha... I'm so happy (and a tad envious) of you.. you walk the talk and show your Dharma spirit.. You must have been a monk in your past life. I aspire to do Dharma work like you one day. What i love about your posts is that you don't look down on those of us who are not doing what you're doing for whatever our reasons are. You just share out of pure Dharma.

Thank you so much for sharing your news from Shar Gaden. I love reading them and seeing the photos. Your posting these on this forum despite your incredibly busy schedule shows how you selflessly think of others and how you let us rejoice in your wonderful work.

Many thanks and please keep them coming!

Much love x
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Zach

« Reply #160 on: August 11, 2010, 04:35:34 PM »
Could someone sticky this thread please ?  :)

Helena

• Email
« Reply #161 on: August 11, 2010, 04:50:55 PM »
Way to go, TS!

You sure know how to stand out from the sea of crimson tide.

Haha - what you are doing is most inspiring. I shall make a strong prayer that all your wishes to continue teaching and even becoming part of the Sangha be realised.

Thank you for being you.

Take good care, dear Dharma brother!
Helena

DSFriend

« Reply #162 on: August 11, 2010, 10:05:39 PM »
haha...cute! Love the pictures.

I echo Zach that what you are doing now certainly is creating the causes for your wish to come true!

take care
DSFriend

Zach

« Reply #163 on: August 11, 2010, 10:11:23 PM »
haha...cute! Love the pictures.

I echo Zach that what you are doing now certainly is creating the causes for your wish to come true!

take care
DSFriend

DSFriend can you sticky this thread please so we can see it i dont want it to fall down the list  :)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2010, 08:24:33 AM »
The Geluk Exam at Shar Gaden

The Annual Geluk Exam and the Yarney’s Debate festival simultaneously take place during the Summer Retreat (varshavas) where the first one attended by the alumnus of Shar Gaden who have passed all the monastic exams getting encouraging marks and the participants of the Yarney’s Debate Festival are selected two participants randomly from each class (from color to Vinaya) by a captain in presence of the Venerable Abbot and the Disciplinarian. The Annual Geluk Exam rotates it’s venue every year, this year, Serpom monastery is hosting the event with a great preparation of accommodation, food etc for three longs weeks. And the next year, it will be hosted by Shar Gaden with the above responsibilities.

On the 11th, August, morning around 7:30, the participants of both Geluk Exam and Yarney’s Debate Festival have assembled at the New Debate Courtyard where they have performed clarifying obstacles puja (sang soe) by burning incenses and the blessed leaves. The Geluk Exam’s participant are leaving Shar Gaden on 12th, August for Serpom Monastery and the Exam is starting on 15th, August. They will be having the exam in Serpom while we will be having Yarney’s Debate Festival here in Shar Gaden with only differences of coule of days. This two event are considered the most significant Dharmic activities in the Summer Retreat.

The both event will be an acid-test for the participants, the senior students have to compose, debate, answer each and every questions from the Five Major Treaties of Buddhist Philosophy (1.PramanaVidya Logic, 2.Prajnaparamita Perfection of Wisdom, 3.Madhyamika Middle Way Philosophy, 4.Abidharma The Treasure of Knowledge, and 5.Vinaya Spiritual Rules and Moral Law) and the younger students who are randomly selected, have to debate each other on a specific subject extensively in the middle of all the monks during a session.

http://shargadenpa.org/geluk-exam
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being