Author Topic: DALAI LAMA ASSOCIATE DAGRI RINPOCHE ARRESTED FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT  (Read 49455 times)

vajralight

Re: DALAI LAMA ASSOCIATE DAGRI RINPOCHE ARRESTED FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 03:26:42 PM »
A personal statement of a former buddhist nun being violated by Dagri Rinpoche by Jaki P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=65&v=T05xLBZ_1WU

She says:

"I was molested by Dagri Rinpoche, when I was a buddhist nun in Dharamsala, as were several other women. Please don't let him get away with this AGAIN, especially now after the Kangra plane incident has become so public https://www.amarujala.com/shimla/crime/molestation-with-female-passenger-in-delhi-kangra-flight

This link takes you to my statutory declaration where I explained the incident in detail at the time: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_SEdkbstbZXWFZn5T_-xl3AaDv2OcXZm?usp=drive_open

Feel free to share, I'm just not going to discuss any comments here 'cause I'm tired to hear people defending this abuser for more than ten years and I don't need to hear any of that nonsense again."

end quote

Tenzin K

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2019, 04:21:32 PM »
The former Buddhist nun is really brave and really appreciate her courage to expose Dagri Rinpoche. It's shocking to know how the turn around the story and blame it to the former nun. This is really terrible. People take refuge to the 3 jewels and rely on a Guru for their spiritual path but unfortunately, these people were taken advantage and being accused to be the one that at fault. This is really bad but at least the truth revealed. More and more people should come up and speak up. Cannot let him get away.

AshRao

• Email
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2019, 04:29:21 PM »
BRAVE WOMAN EXPOSES ABUSE AT THE HANDS OF DAGRI RINPOCHE

A video of another one of Dagri Rinpoche’s victims has just been released. In it she speaks of Dagri Rinpoche's molestation of her over 10 years ago and the ordeal she went through. What's more is that it was covered up by not only FPMT but also His Holiness the Dalai Lama's own office! Watch her heartfelt video here below:

!!!Watch the video by clicking here!!!
http://video.dorjeshugden.com/videos/DagriRinpocheJaki.mp4

!!!Or scroll down to the bottom of this post. It is the second video!!! 

Here are pictures of her Statutory Declaration

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

AND it turns out FPMT and Lama Zopa Rinpoche knew about the Dagri Rinpoche's behavior over 10 years ago but did nothing about it. In fact, people were asked not to talk about the issue. Seems like FPMT wanted to cover it up. The question is why?

This is very sad news. Ms. Adelaide Foster says:

“I was told by LZR * to not talk about it ten years ago. I asked him to make sure he was always monitored and not left alone with other women. Unfortunately, he did it again on an airplane last week, and the indian medias have mentioned he was detained. Tibetans, and fpmt are silent.”

* Lama Zopa Rinpoche
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 11:03:56 AM by AshRao »

fruven

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2019, 05:09:07 PM »
This is very shocking when a famous lama, not the only one, has been getting away due to the people around him staying silent. And he kept on hurting more women all these years because there is no repercussion for his actions.

Is this what a Buddhist should act towards the trust of others? A Buddhist teacher nonetheless. This is a real shame and betrayal towards people who have supported morally and financially to Tibetan organsations all these years due to their kindness.

People believe the Tibetans are genuine and needed help. People attended the teachings and offered up their wealth to huge and famous organisation but what happened in the end? Betrayal, anger, hurt, disappointment.

Is this how you treat others? Returning kindness of others with harm.

Rowntree

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2019, 05:41:20 PM »
I saw this on the LDC FPMT FB page. I never thought that Lama Zopa knew about it 10 years ago but choose to keep quiet. Not only did he kept quiet, but he also asked people to not say anything about it. This is very very bad. Firstly, Lama Zopa decided to stop the Dorje Shugden practice which caused Lama Osel (Lama Yeshe's reincarnation) to manifest failures and unable to continue the noble works of Lama Yeshe. Secondly, the FPMT went around telling people to break their samaya with their guru so they give up on Dorje Shugden. Thirdly, FPMT decided to cover up the sexual scandal of Dagri Rinpoche and has been allowing him to assault many nuns and female practitioners of the FPMT.

FPMT is becoming a very bad Buddhist organisation. Their focus is really nothing more than money, power & sex... the Three Poisons that kill any Buddhist organisations and dharma. What a shame!

Drolma

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2019, 05:59:18 PM »
It is such a disappointment that the CTA and FPMT cover Dagri Rinpoche up for so long. Apparently Lama Zopa has known it a long time ago but he did not do anything about it and Dagri Rinpoche continues to harm more women. What I find very disturbing is Dagri Rinpoche was violating nuns! I believe many people have looked up upon Dagri Rinpoche because Lama Zopa has high regards on him. But Dagri Rinpoche's behaviour makes people lose their faith in Buddhism. So instead of preserving the pure lineage of Tsongkhapa, FPMT is destroying it. If FPMT is serious about preserving the pure lineage, they should at least make an announcement now to reassure the public they will look into this issue and take necessary actions.

Jushri

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2019, 06:10:53 PM »
Everyone in the Tibetan communities according to my Tibetan friends in Dharamsala said that Dagri Rinpoche has man-handled women before on many occasions. It's just that it is a shameful thing and many do not want to confront him directly. Since Dagri works 'close' to the Dalai Lama, people do not want to say anything to offend the Dalai Lama and hence Dagri has been getting away with it for years.

All this news about Dagri molesting a woman on the airplane has spread to the mainstream Indian press. Too bad. Shameful for Tibetans, Tibetan leadership and Buddhism. Shameful for Sera Jey Monastery where Dagri comes from.

Looks like HHDL's chaps are NO angels. What's disturbing is that Dagri Rinpoche has been violating lay and ordained women for years and FPMT allowed him to get away with it. Am sure Lama Zopa knows about this and yet no action was taken. What a shame! A man of robes is supposed to nurture one's spirituality, not destroy it.

So glad that the Indian woman reported him. Hopefully that more women violated by Dagri Rinpoche will come out and speak up.
Jushri

dsnowlion

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2019, 07:45:34 PM »
BRAVE WOMAN EXPOSES ABUSE AT THE HANDS OF DAGRI RINPOCHE

A video of another one of Dagri Rinpoche’s victims has just been released. In it she speaks of Dagri Rinpoche's molestation of her over 10 years ago and the ordeal she went through. What's more is that it was covered up by not only FPMT but also His Holiness the Dalai Lama's own office!

Dagri Rinpoche is a monster molester! He should be stripped from all his title and his privileges and actually give his vows back since he has broken them. Ms Jaki is really courageous to make a video and speak out for all the women who have been sexually abused by Dagri.

How can the Dalai Lama allow this? Why is it those who are close to the Dalai Lama and appears to be all goody are in fact monsters in disguise. It really makes me think deeper as to what kind of leadership is CTA. One that maintains, promotes and nurtures sexual predators? And FPMT - huge SHAME on you for promoting this Rinpoche and allowing your nuns and people to be exposed and sexually abused by such a monster. Disgusting! You guys should be sued because you knew what kind of monster he is, yet you cover up, told the victims to be quiet and hush up. This karma is really on you then, because you are just as guilty for promoting him. And you keep inviting him to teach?!????????

I hope Ms Jaki video will encourage more women and nuns who have been sexually abused to come up and speak up and not let this sexual abuser get away with his crimes! He should be arrested.

Alex

• Email
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2019, 08:10:29 PM »
It is unbelievable for a monk to do these kinds of nasty things to women. Who knows that someone that works in His Holiness's office had a history of molesting women for over a decade. His Holiness has a good reputation of being a monk that holds his vows purely and the people around him are assumed to have the same qualities.

Hence, Dagri Rinpoche is able to carry out his nasty deeds by abusing the trust of those women to His Holiness. According to a victim that spoke up against Dagri Rinpoche recently, she was molested by him 10 years ago in Dharamshala. From this we can conclude that Dagri Rinpoche has been performing these nasty deeds for over a decade. Who knows how many more victims are there.

It was said that instead of caring and protecting young western nuns, Dagri Rinpoche sexually abuses them instead and covering it using lies. Due to his actions, Dagri Rinpoche would have broken his vows which made him an unfit candidate to give transmit vows to another monk. Hence, all the monks that had received their vows from Dagri Rinpoche would be in a very difficult situation on their spiritual path. This is how damaging Dagri Rinpoche is.

mountains

• MAY THE DALAI LAMA LIFT THE BAN AGAINST SHUGDEN
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2019, 09:34:58 PM »
Adelaide Foster says clearly that Lama Zopa Rinpoche knew about what happened and yet he kept quiet and asked Adelaide to stay quiet.

Adelaide Foster says clearly that Lama Zopa Rinpoche knew about what happened and yet he kept quiet and asked Adelaide to stay quiet. Why? Why did Lama Zopa Rinpoche say that? this will go big and it will bring FPMT down. >:( :( :-\

Pema8

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2019, 12:12:57 AM »
This has been kept under the carpet for so long and therefore has harmed so many women! We can see how wrong this is and has harmed so many women over time.

Nobody should be protected when doing these things! Good that it is exposed to the public so that it cannot continue!

mountains

• MAY THE DALAI LAMA LIFT THE BAN AGAINST SHUGDEN
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2019, 02:30:57 AM »
Lama Zopa Rinpoche knew of Dagri Rinpoche's molestation of women and covered it up. And now this news is in the Tibet Sun, a Tibetan news portal in India.
Tibet Sun, a well known media portal among the Tibetans has published the truth about Dagri Rinpoche and his molestation of women. Women are coming out and reporting the truth now. Some members of FPMT whose spiritual head is Lama Zopa Rinpoche, are trying to deny, lie and cover for Dagri Rinpoche but it's too late. He has been found out and the news of this is getting bigger. It has gone mainstream in the media in India.

Dagri Rinpoche works in the Dalai Lama's office in Dharamsala, North India as well as teach for various FPMT centres around the world for decades at the instructions of Lama Zopa. Now FPMT will be highly embarrassed as it is alleged Lama Zopa knew about this and covered it up along with his close students for a decade now.

Tibet Sun- https://www.tibetsun.com/news/2019/05/08/tibetan-lama-dagri-rinpoche-faces-me-too-allegations?fbclid=IwAR3X2ZPeBw5tjWCQO45io3zM54z-FtE0iDUpslaYuwIaFp7TgwasD5dVZgs

Photos-
1. Tibet sun article on Dagri Rinpoche
2. FB comment by Ms. Adelaide Foster who says Lama Zopa Rinpoche told her to keep quiet about this.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 09:41:05 AM by Admin »

Tenzin K

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2019, 09:07:48 PM »
This is what happens when the people around Dala Lama out of control. Obviously, Dagri Rinpochecois taking full advantage from Dalai Lama to cover his sickening act. There must be people who have faith in him and taken initiation or blessing from him. Will it still be effective? Look at how bad the impact from a lama that misbehaves which affecting so many people spiritual path. How you want people to have confidence with Dalai Lama and FPMT because they just keep quiet???

Pema8

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2019, 02:02:14 AM »
What are the consequences now?

Nobody should be allowed to behave like this – all the more so as a sangha!!

daka

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2019, 03:09:43 AM »
I am totally speechless. This whole thing is about Dagri, a reincarnated lama who is close to the Dalai Lama and Lama Zopa and respected by many and gave ordination to many, molested a nun in a monastery in Dharamsala. The incidence was being brought up to the Dalai Lama's office and Lama Zopa (FPMT) yet not only nothing is done, but they even helped to cover the news and let Dagri spreading lies by putting blame on the victim. The worst is Lama Zopa even instructed people to cover the scandal and allow this criminal to continue giving Dharma teachings and ordination to people for more than 10 years. 

The whole thing: the people (Dagri, Lama Zopa, Dalai Lama, Nun) and place (Dharamsala, FPMT, Dalai Lama's office) are all Dharma related, but the actions (molesting, lies, cover-up, allowing criminal to give ordinations ) are all totally against Buddha Dharma.

What shall I,  a lay dharma practitioner comment on incidence like this where I supposed to regard these people as Buddha if they happen to be my guru which is very possible judging from how active they are in giving teachings to different part of the world.

I am thankful I wasn't exposed to them earlier.