Author Topic: A Mahasiddha called Gangchen Tulku Rinpoche  (Read 27946 times)

DSFriend

Re: A Mahasiddha called Gangchen Tulku Rinpoche
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2011, 09:33:34 AM »
Source : http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/indonesia/actor-richard-gere-drawn-by-karma-to-borobudur-planning-temple-movie/449282
Actor Richard Gere, Drawn by Karma To Borobudur, Planning Temple Movie
June 27, 2011

Magelang, Central Java. Hollywood star Richard Gere arrived at the eighth century Borobudur Temple on Sunday ahead of a Buddhist ritual today — in a trip that officials said would make the actor Indonesia’s “informal tourism ambassador.”

Gere, a Buddhist activist, comes to Indonesia fresh from a tour of South Korean temples and is set to take part in a procession and meditation at the Mahayana Buddhist monument.

“I’m happy and amazed to be here,” he said at a press conference at Magelang’s Manohara Hotel. “It’s not just an ordinary journey for me but also a spiritual journey.”

He said his arrival at Borobudur was “karma,” a term for the force generated by a person’s actions which affects future ones.

Gere said he was particularly interested in coming back to make a movie about the discovery of Borobudur in 1814 by Sir Stamford Raffles.

“I won’t make a film like the kind that Julia Roberts made in Bali,” he said, referring to the hit “Eat Pray Love”

“I want to make a film about the history of this temple. I really want to do this.”

Gere had been scheduled to visit the nearby Hindu temple complex of Prambanan, but the plan was scrapped after his flight to Yogyakarta’s Adisucipto Airport was delayed.

Joko Sutono, head of the Prambanan temple’s management, expressed disappointment at the unfortunate turn.

“We had prepared a welcome drink for him and his family,” he said. “We also planned to present them with flowers from Prambanan.”

Purnomo Siswo Prasetyo, Borobudur’s management director, said Gere’s visit was nonetheless expected to boost tourism in the area, home to several other Buddhist and Hindu temples and the ancestral seat of Javanese culture.

Before flying to Yogyakarta with his wife, Carey Lowell, and son, Homer James Jigme Gere, Gere was in Jakarta to meet with President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and Jero Wacik, the culture and tourism minister.

Gere will stay in Magelang and fly out on Tuesday for a family vacation in Bali.

Jero said his visit would be invaluable in raising the profile of the temple, after it had to be closed off for an extended period last year due to ash from the erupting Mount Merapi nearby.

“We were looking for an international figure who could relate closely to Borobudur, and that figure is Richard Gere,” he said, adding that the actor had previously expressed an interest in visiting the monument.

“He’s now become Indonesia’s informal tourism ambassador, for which he’s not being paid at all,” the official added.

----

"...drawn by karma..", Richard Gere wants to make a movie of the history of Borobudur Temple!

Only if you could see the big grin on my face as i type this out.. :)

Richard Gere has been a key supporter of HHDL. Is it time now for him to promote Dorje Shugden?

DharmaSpace

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2011, 08:18:10 PM »
I am really drawn to images of this high lama , very beautiful.  I had some good fortune to have visited his Ladrang in Nepal and saw the orphanage he built for the Tibetans in Nepal.  The incense coming from his ladrang are simply amazing stuff, even if you dont get it for its medicinal or healing properties it is a delight to my senses.

And Lama Gangchen is on TGIE wanted hit list, so well if you can beat kill them policy shows how immature the TGIE were. Hopefully the new TGIE PM can turn the fortunes of the government he is heading. 

shugdenprotect

• Email
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2011, 04:25:49 AM »
Gangchen Rinpoche's work goes beyong the boundaries of nationality, race, culture, tradition and religion.

By putting Dharma into daily action through the various projects listed above, Gangchen Rinpoche shows us the ultimate purpose of mastering the Dharma as taught by Lord Buddha: to benefit all sentient beings...including those who consciously create harm and obstacles for you. What an aspiration Gangchen Rinpoche is!

Additionally, Ganchen Rinpoche's role in the Unite Nations also reflect the true essense of Dharma and its practice: all encompassing for every single person regardless of their demographic.

May Gangchen Rinpoche's work continue to flourish and may we develop the wisdom to practice Dharma as modeled by His Eminence: beyond all difference in our daily lives through pro-active and conscious effort to benefit all sentient beings.

happysun

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2011, 10:08:43 AM »
Gangchen Tulku Rinpoche is one of the great high lama, he well-known as healer lama. Gangchen Lama was well-know in his teaching all over the world too.

Can you believe it, all those high lama will spread dharma in inconvenience way. They would like to sacrifice their own conform zone such as travel all over the world giving teaching and healing who needed. They are left their own country if necessary even though the country they travel may not good for their health but still feel rejoice and do it with peace mind. Gangchen Lama is good example.

All the high lama who compassionate and passionate to spread dharma, all will see suffering or inconvenience situation as challenge to overcome. The reason is their motivation is pure, hopefully can deliver good message to the needed like what Gangchen Lama doing now. Amazing!!!! 

Rihanna

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2011, 02:58:52 AM »
I was also told that Lama Gangchen goes around the world (something like 24 countries in a year) to give initiations also. Lama explained that for many of us in this life, it is hard to truly practice dharma so he plants the seeds for us now so that when Matreiya appears, hopefully the seeds would open and we can receive the teachings.

I have heard that Lama Gangchen travels the world blessing different locations and energy meridians (?) in preparation for some future time when all this will come to fruition. Does anyone know anything about this please?

From the little I know, energy meridians or sometimes also called power places, as the word described...are highly "charged" with energy. Example would be places like Borobudur and Bodhgaya. These places are marked or identified specifically by enlightened beings (for present and/or future when karma of beings are ripen) and is not a coincidence of that sort to bring about great blessings. Thus, these are perfect places for anyone who wishes to go on pilgrimages.

happysun

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2011, 04:42:08 PM »
Nice to get one, if you have such great affinity with Lord Dorje Shugen, blessed by him you will feel be protecting always :D ;D

icy

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2011, 05:10:32 PM »
Gangchen Rinpoche is a Medicine Buddha.  He is known to resurrect a person in Nepal after this person was in coma.  Italians having witnessed his power immediately whizzed him off to Milan and hence Gangchen Rinpoche began his base there.

vajrastorm

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2011, 07:36:25 AM »
A giant amongst men is this great Mahasiddha, Gangchen Tulku Rinpoche. So tirelessly does he spread the Buddhadharma of Je Tsongkapa's lineage in all the ten directions through teachings, initiations and most of all through his role as promoter of world peace(working closely with the United Nations via peace conventions and through peace, and environmental, education, health care and  social projects) as well as his role as healer using ancient Tibetan healing techniques rooted in ancient healing tantras.

As healer and promoter of peace, he must surely project a powerfully compassionate image as a strong practitioner of Dorje Shugden. This must surely resonate well with the image of the great compassionate Protector whose sole purpose is to spread the pure Dharma of Je Tsongkapa's lineage for the benefit of all beings. 

The fact that Gangchen Rinpoche is able to spread the Dharma through active engagement on a global level in promoting peace and healing and creating a powerfully positive impact on a global scale is, i think, due to the strong support of His students. As Kurava and White Lion have noted, the sangha of His Ladrang and Establishment  in Kathmandu ,Nepal, serves his Guru 'heart and soul'and is 'self-reliant' so much so that when his Guru is not in town, which is a lot of the time, he makes sure that everything - the school, the factories, the clinics and all of Gangchen Rinpoche's projects - run smoothly. He takes good care of visitors(and I'm sure there are many) with great kindness and capably explains everything, fielding all questions with ease and care. Likewise, in his demeanor and in speech, he gives the greatest respect to the Dalai Lama.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2011, 06:00:23 AM »
It was so lovely to read through this thread again, beginning with TK's biography of this great master, and everyone else's comments and information.

The main qualities of HE Gangchen Rinpoche that strike me the most are his scholastic achievements, his tireless humanitarian works and his compassionate healing. All of which are a perfect reflection of his perfect teacher, HH Trijang Rinpoche and his perfect Protector, Dorje Shugden. The Tibetan government in exile has vilified him for his protector practice yet there is nothing that Gangchen Rinpoche does which is not Buddhist in nature, nor does he retaliate. He simply goes about doing his compassionate and humanitarian works to help others all round the world, including China, which is the country most needing Dharma right now.

May this Mahasiddha and his direct students' pure Dharma works flourish in the ten directions.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

DharmaDefender

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2011, 06:10:58 PM »
It was so lovely to read through this thread again, beginning with TK's biography of this great master, and everyone else's comments and information.

The main qualities of HE Gangchen Rinpoche that strike me the most are his scholastic achievements, his tireless humanitarian works and his compassionate healing. All of which are a perfect reflection of his perfect teacher, HH Trijang Rinpoche and his perfect Protector, Dorje Shugden. The Tibetan government in exile has vilified him for his protector practice yet there is nothing that Gangchen Rinpoche does which is not Buddhist in nature, nor does he retaliate. He simply goes about doing his compassionate and humanitarian works to help others all round the world, including China, which is the country most needing Dharma right now.

May this Mahasiddha and his direct students' pure Dharma works flourish in the ten directions.

It amuses me to read his biography because hes doing all the things the TGIE should be doing, but dont and yet they still vilify him. Never ceases to amaze me, some people's capacity to allow their jealousy to take over! Seriously speaking though, his Protector practice is a small aspect of him and they choose to focus on it, instead of celebrate or support his efforts. Its kind of like saying you hate me just because I support my team...but theres so much more to me than that!!

pgdharma

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2011, 06:14:54 PM »
Gangchen Rinpoche is a Medicine Buddha.  He is known to resurrect a person in Nepal after this person was in coma.  Italians having witnessed his power immediately whizzed him off to Milan and hence Gangchen Rinpoche began his base there.
  Not only is Gangchen Tulku Rinpoche a great Master who works tirelessly to spread the Buddhadharma through humantarian works, he is also the holder of an ancient and unbroken lineage  of Tantric Master whereby his Ngalso Tantric  Self  healing  which is based on Buddha's teaching is appropriate for the people  of  our time.  As a emanation of Medicine Buddha,   it is not a surprise that he can resurrect a person in coma.   

May Gangchen Tulku Rinpoche live long and his great works flourish!

Big Uncle

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2011, 01:38:10 PM »

Thank you Wisdom Being. I like what you wrote about Gangchen Rinpoche here. I agree with everything you said and I just want to add one more to the list - his incredible courage. Gangchen Rinpoche was one of the very first Lamas to quietly defy the ban on Dorje Shugden for the sake of the survival of the lineage. I am sure, he didn't do this to defy the Dalai Lama or any other Lamas but to safeguard the lineage. He carried on teaching, benefitting and 'healing' the world with his great works with UN and so forth. He doesn't criticized, write letters or even protest the ban but quietly goes about with his Dharma work. Instead, he is put on the top hit list by Tibetan extremists.

In recent times, he has also traveled frequently to China and was one of the first Tulkus to seek the blessings of the Chinese Panchen Lama. For me, this is a great indication that the so-called puppet Panchen Lama is at least an emanation of the Panchen Lama and that he is already beginning to manifest his great works. Gangchen Rinpoche has also been actively promoting Dorje Shugden in China and have just consecrated the large Dorje Shugden statue in Denma Gongsa Monastery. He is performing tremendous works to ensure the future of Buddhism through Dorje Shugden. He has a tremendous courage for Dorje Shugden. Hence, I always delight in reading about him.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2011, 12:53:58 PM »
Thank you Wisdom Being. I like what you wrote about Gangchen Rinpoche here. I agree with everything you said and I just want to add one more to the list - his incredible courage. Gangchen Rinpoche was one of the very first Lamas to quietly defy the ban on Dorje Shugden for the sake of the survival of the lineage. I am sure, he didn't do this to defy the Dalai Lama or any other Lamas but to safeguard the lineage. He carried on teaching, benefitting and 'healing' the world with his great works with UN and so forth. He doesn't criticized, write letters or even protest the ban but quietly goes about with his Dharma work. Instead, he is put on the top hit list by Tibetan extremists.

In recent times, he has also traveled frequently to China and was one of the first Tulkus to seek the blessings of the Chinese Panchen Lama. For me, this is a great indication that the so-called puppet Panchen Lama is at least an emanation of the Panchen Lama and that he is already beginning to manifest his great works. Gangchen Rinpoche has also been actively promoting Dorje Shugden in China and have just consecrated the large Dorje Shugden statue in Denma Gongsa Monastery. He is performing tremendous works to ensure the future of Buddhism through Dorje Shugden. He has a tremendous courage for Dorje Shugden. Hence, I always delight in reading about him.

Big Uncle your post reminded me of something. Actually how much difference does the TGIE ban make on Rinpoche's work? Educated Westerns cant care less about the ban because they can weigh it against the immense benefit he brings to others...its like, hate the man because some random government no one recognises says hes bad, or respect him because hes constantly working in the name of peace and healing?

And the Indians, they cant care less, otherwise theyd have stopped Rinpoche from travelling to India...and the Chinese, well they REALLY couldnt care less...and word is, anything the TGIE bans, they love (see the Panchen Lama issue for further reference!).

Seems to me the TGIE has an inflated sense of self-importance.

icy

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2011, 02:03:01 AM »
Lama Gangchen is so lovable.  I have the honor and priviledge  to travel with him.  He has so many students from different nations around the world.  He truly represent the UN.  Wait till you hear his prayers in different language.  It is so incredible amazing.  Imagine our DS prayers in different languages - it will become a great hit and so powerful!

DharmaSpace

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2011, 02:41:54 PM »
Gangchen Rinpoche who built Borobudur visits Borobudur once a year?  Could Borobudur be a powerhouse or storage of spiritual energy from the past? I love pictures of Gangchen Rinpoche he is so cool. I was at his ladrang in 2005 I think missed the chance to see him too bad :( .

I had the good fortune to circumambulate Borobudur 21 times :)  i was hoping and praying then that I'd bump into some high lama visiting or even the Dalai Lama visiting but alas no merit to meet any of them. There were so many stories depicted on the walls, from Buddha's life and others too. I did my sadhana on the Borobudur grounds.