Author Topic: A Mahasiddha called Gangchen Tulku Rinpoche  (Read 27945 times)

icy

Re: A Mahasiddha called Gangchen Tulku Rinpoche
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 09:56:40 AM »
The living Mahasiddha, the Healing Lama Gangchen Tulku Rinpoche is also known as Marco Polo Lama as he is a globe -trotter.  If I was the Tibetan Government I will use Gangchen Rinpoche for the Tibetan cause.  He is an influence in the United Nations.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 05:43:44 PM »
The living Mahasiddha, the Healing Lama Gangchen Tulku Rinpoche is also known as Marco Polo Lama as he is a globe -trotter.  If I was the Tibetan Government I will use Gangchen Rinpoche for the Tibetan cause.  He is an influence in the United Nations.

That is the thing I find the most perplexing sometimes - Gangchen Rinpoche is recognised for his work towards world peace, what with his forums and his influence in the UN. The Dalai Lama is recognised for his work towards world peace, what with his Nobel Peace Prize and all. What is the difference? I wish some people could look past temporary differences, and focus on each lama's ultimate goal which is (at the risk of sounding entirely beauty pageant) world peace. Surely then the methods would matter less.

I found details of the Shar Gaden tour on Wisdom Buddha's blog (http://wisdombuddhadorjeshugden.blogspot.com/2010/07/shar-gaden-monastery-website-and-world.html). There aren't any publicised tour dates though...if the monks are coming to a city near you and you're attending, please let the rest of us know what it's like!

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2010, 10:28:01 PM »
I agree with DharmaDefender, Gangchen Rinpoche is recognized for his work towards world peace (United Nations) and The Dalai Lama is recognized for his work towards world peace (Nobel Peach Prize). I feel like I just repeated myself.

They both have the same goal, but if they have slightly different paths to work towards the goal, so what? I might take the highway from A to B, but if you ride a bike from A to B, it's still the same thing.

I've read, in this and different websites, about how Gangchen Rinpoche relies on Dorje Shugden, and it seems that Gangchen Rinpoche has done very well for himself so far. The results so far, speak for itself.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

I like how this guy wrote on Facebook:

(regarding Gangchen Rinpoche and his knowledge of Tibetan Medicine; relates to what TK wrote in the first post):

The incredible part is that prior to Rinpoche revealing the practices to his students, he consulted Dorje Shugden directly via the oracle. Dorje Shugden came in his peaceful form and spoke to Gangchen Rinpoche in the form of Dulzin. Dulzin said to proliferate this ancient healing technique. He was pleased and encouraged this practice. Lama Gangchen Rinpoche has tirelessly taught this practice many times. It is on video and in books. It is very powerful, easy, adaptable and yet based on the ancient healing tantras of Tibet. (http://bit.ly/bt7RyN)

A lot Westerners have a natural inclination to respect people with the knowledge of medicine. I think that with Gangchen Rinpoche's background (as a private physician to the Nepalese Royal Family) it's not doubt that his remedies, especially the powerful blessing pills, "are very much sought after by Tibetans and other practitioners alike".

I believe that being happy and healthy are two fundamental needs for all human beings, he seems to bring both of them to sentient beings that have the great merit to pass his way.

With Gangchen Rinpoche's strong ties to the Panchen Lama, does that mean that the Panchen Lama is ousted from the main monasteries and has cut ties with HHDL too?

JJameson

P.S. His real-life photo reminds me of the "Laughing Buddha" (in Chinese culture), but in the painted photo that DD has kindly posted up, he looks like White Tara....SO BEAUTIFUL.

thor

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 01:47:41 AM »
One of my all time favourite photos of Rinpoche. I visited his ladrang in Kathmandu several times, and this picture was hanging in the waiting area. From the moment I saw it, I was captivated - there's something incredibly powerful about this image, and the young-ish Rinpoche looks almost surreal, surrounded by an aura of fire. I took another photo of it again more recently - here it is.

Rinpoche is a great healer, highly clairvoyant, profoundly kind and when you're around him, you never know what's going to happen next. Unexpected is an understatement.

I had the opportunity to meet him twice - once in Kathmandu and another time on one of his travels. Each time, his kindness and gentle nature shines through, and on occasion you get a glimpse of the tantric master and yogi that he is.
A beautiful account of an experience with Rinpoche can be found here:
http://www.iol.ie/~taeger/gangchen/gangchen.html

Here's an excerpt from his book Self Healing II:

Please, Lama Action Vajra, great Rigden,
- Bless me to realize my body is the mandala of the universe, and to transform it into a pure container of spiritual and life energy like a pure crystal.
- Bless me to realize that the birth, life and death of my body is the birth, life and destruction of the cosmos.
- Bless me to realize that my spine is Mt. Meru and that the five colors of my skin and organs are its five colored faces. May my body and mind become a pure container for this positive elemental energy. (*)
- Bless me to realize that the flow of the vital energy, drops and winds rotating in my channels and chakras is the cosmic energy flow and the rotation of the celestial bodies. May my body and mind become a pure container for this positive, pure celestial energy.
- Bless me to realize that my right and left channels are the Sun and Moon. May my body and mind become a pure container for this positive solar and lunar energy.
- Bless me to realize that my central channel (tsa uma) is Rahu (=rising Moon Node). May my body and mind become a pure container for this positive, deep and profound, essential life energy.
- Bless me to realize that my 28 vertebrae are the 28 constellation divinities (=lunar mansions). May my body and mind become a pure container for this positive, divine celestial life energy.
- Bless me to realize that my seven facial parts (eyes, ears, nose, mouth, tongue, chin and forehead) are the seven planets. May my body and mind become a pure container for this positive planetary energy.
- Bless me to realize that my twelve left and right ribs are the twelve zodiac houses in the lunar and solar aspects. May my body and mind become a pure container for this positive archetypal energy.
- Bless me to realize that my countless millions of atoms and cells are the stars of the heavens. May my body and mind become a pure container for this positive stellar energy.
- Bless me to realize that my chakras are the great rotating galaxies. May my body and mind become a pure container for this positive universal energy.
- Bless me to realize that the year is the Shambhala King, that the twenty-four solar and lunar months are his twenty four ministers, that the days are the army of Shambhala warriors and that the hours and seconds are their powerful weapons.
Thus, may we become free from linear time, experience the past, present and future in the eternal now and dance in the sphere of timelessness.
p.s. Rigden = King of the mystical kingdom of Shambhala, also called 'Lama Action Vajra'.

beggar

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 04:14:20 AM »
WOW WOW WOW Dulzin – maybe you really are Dulzin writing to us on the forum bringing us such good postings and research about Lamas who protect the great lineage of Lama Tsongkhapa.

A whole piece about blessings to start the week!

I had the opportunity to meet him twice - once in Kathmandu and another time on one of his travels. Each time, his kindness and gentle nature shines through, and on occasion you get a glimpse of the tantric master and yogi that he is.

I echo you there my friend. I met him real briefly a long time ago and even got to stay in his retreat centre. Gangchen Rinpoche is a superb Lama who just emanates rainbows and rainbows of love and healing magic and all the right positive energy.

If you knew about the controversy, you wouldn’t even care because you would be seeing the Medicine Buddha in action and you would think, “Ah who cares about the TGIE when there are such compassionates lamas like this”

If you didn’t know about the controversy, you would fall in love with Dharma, the three jewels, the power of healing and bodhicitta and you would BELIEVE in the buddhas, just by seeing Gangchen Rinpoche.

It is also fantastic to see him in action with his students. In the retreat centre, everyone is full of energy and happy and I heard that many of them gave up their lives wherever they were in Europe to join him in his centre and serve the Dharma. They love Lama Gangchen with all their hearts and their service to the Dharma is just incredible. If one Lama can inspire that in so many people then, all the power to him and the TGIE can kiss a sweet goodbye to their funny little threats.

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 07:06:44 AM »
@Beggar Thanks for sharing your personal encounter with Gangchen Rinpoche.  :)

I like how you wrote, "If you didn’t know about the controversy, you would fall in love with Dharma, the three jewels, the power of healing and bodhicitta and you would BELIEVE in the buddhas, just by seeing Gangchen Rinpoche."

It's true that a lot of people who know about the controversy tend to flow with the majority wave of opinions, and in this case being anti-DS. I don't think that all of the people who 'take sides' do it out of political means, but it's hard to say that you think otherwise when someone who imparts to you the Dharma (and whom you might consciously or unconsciously look up to) says that this lama is bad, this lama is good, this practice is bad, this practice is good.

A simple person, with a mind untainted by the controversies would judge and examine another lama based on his actions and results. With Gangchen Rinpoche, I find it hard to see that with all of the good that he has done around the world, that some people can still hold a negative view about him.

If one person was to say that he has done a lot of good for mankind, one might not be convinced. But, at present, he has more than 100 Inner Peace Education centres or Self-Healing Study Groups worldwide, thousands of followers who are local/international, exposed and educated, hundreds (if not thousands) of people whom he has touched the lives of and have all seen the benefits from his teachings. When will we be convinced?

I found a website for those who are interested in a brief read about Tibetan medicine. (http://bit.ly/d1IPMm)

What's nice about this webpage is that below there's an extract of a speech given by Trijang Rinpoche (in Albagnano), who comments on how "Venerable Gangchen Rinpoche has made the very great effort of helping sentient beings through Dharma, through medicine and through many other ways."

@duldzin Thanks for the photo! Kindda gave me the shivers...is that a fire puja at the back? ???

kurava

• Email
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2010, 09:11:10 AM »
I had the good fortune to visit Gangchen Lama’s establishment in Nepal. It’s well organized and benefits many in the community. The sangha is self reliant and helping their Lama to spread the pure lineage and good work. Besides the sangha, I was also moved by the devotion and courage shown by the lay community to this renown Mahasidha.

Gangchen Tulku Rinpoche bravely forges on despite of all the threats and obstacles posed by those in power. Rinpoche is another excellent example that keeping pure commitment to one’s Gurus will be the ultimate protection in this time of uncertainties and political turmoil.

triesa

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2010, 04:51:48 PM »
Truely a mahasiddha! I had the great fortune to visit the school which Gangchen Tulku Rinpoche built for the nepalese children during a visit to Nepal a few years back. The guide there told me that originally there was no water source in the area where the school was to be built, Gangchen Rinpoche did some mantra and with his mala blessed the place, water sprouted out. This water source not only serves the school now but also the neighbouring areas near the school as well.

I also visited the incense, carpet and furniture factories of Gangchen Rinpoche during that trip, how wonderful that these self substaining businesses were set up to help the monks and his own ladrang. Needless to say, I bought quite a lot of different kinds of  incense to bring back home for my own use and as gifts.

I also learnt that one of Gangchen Rinpoche's previous lives, he built the "Borabuddu" in Jokjakarta Indonesia, one of the seven wonders of the world and that he would form time to time visit Borobudur if he can.

I have never met him in person but I pray that I will have the good fortune and merits to meet this great Mahasiddha, Gangchen Tulku Rinpoche one day.

Triesa

whitelion

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 11:25:48 PM »
I strongly believe Gangchen Rinpoche is a Mahasiddha, a saint and of course a Buddha in this very critical degenerate period.  If we say Gangchen lama is a demon or evil spirit, then we are telling the last H.H Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche that he is wrong to recognize a demon as a Tulku. If H.H Trijang Rinpoche is wrong, Same thing applied, I think the students of his are wrong too,  which means H.H Dalai Lama is wrong too. I'm not here to criticize any Lama or anyone but people please think deeper. 

I'm very lucky that visited Gangchen ladrang in Nepal. It's amazing how strong the guru devotion we can find from the shanga who based there.  I never expected to see a school, a hospital, a factory which all are so well maintain in the ladrang compound itself, it appear like a small housing community to me. If Gangchen Rinpoche is really a evil spirit practitioner but at the same time who also constantly think of others welfare which taught by Lord Buddha, i really don't mind to be one his group, because from what he have done for the community in Nepal, I don't see any evil intention.

The shanga in Gangchen ladrang (can't remember his name) is a very warm monk, who spent heart and soul to serve his guru, even though the guru is not in town most of the time. He makes sure the school, the children, the workers and of course peoples like us the visitors are well take care of. He will try his best to explain things to us but never hear him complaining or show disrespectful about H.H. Dalai Lama or the ban... He is really a life example who walk the talk, if he really a demon just like his guru, Gangchen Lama Rinpoche. I will not mind to be one of them, the kind hearted, compassion evil.

beggar

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 05:00:07 PM »
What nice sharings from everyone about such a wonderful Lama. Thank you for offering your thoughts and experiences with the Medicine Buddha himself! If any else has any encounters or experiences with this or any great lama, please do share. It is very inspiring to people everywhere.

Isn't it such a terrible irony that someone who is doing so much good for the world is on the TGIE's "hit list" and "wanted" lists?

And isn't it an even greater irony that they have literally put a Buddha on their hitlist? As if a Buddha has the karma to be harmed by a few lay politicians! The joke is on them too because with lamas like this, having to "die" for the sake of the Dharma is no problem for them. With full control over their winds, death and rebirth, being on some silly little refugee government's hit-list is no threat at all!

And like the way, good always wins over evil.

diamond girl

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2011, 08:03:25 PM »
What nice sharings from everyone about such a wonderful Lama. Thank you for offering your thoughts and experiences with the Medicine Buddha himself! If any else has any encounters or experiences with this or any great lama, please do share. It is very inspiring to people everywhere.

Isn't it such a terrible irony that someone who is doing so much good for the world is on the TGIE's "hit list" and "wanted" lists?

And isn't it an even greater irony that they have literally put a Buddha on their hitlist? As if a Buddha has the karma to be harmed by a few lay politicians! The joke is on them too because with lamas like this, having to "die" for the sake of the Dharma is no problem for them. With full control over their winds, death and rebirth, being on some silly little refugee government's hit-list is no threat at all!

And like the way, good always wins over evil.

It is so true the irony that someone so virtuous like Gangchen Rinpoche will be "targeted". The politics is truly baseless, look at what he has done and how much he has succeeded in spreading Dharma and Healing. Common sense alone will tell us that he is not evil and that his practice of Dorje Shugden is absolutely pure and powerful. 

thor

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2011, 08:16:20 PM »
Triesa, I didnt know that Gangchen Rinpoche built the Borobudur stupa in his previous life! I have been wanting to visit for ages but the cost of travel is not feasible at this moment. Perhaps after summer. No wonder Gangchen Rinpoche regularly visits Borobudur with a huge group of up to 250 pilgrims, and they have made this pilgrimage 22 times already!

Read this online and am inspired to visit one day!
"The physical structure of the Borobudur stupa-mandala offers us a detailed map of the human consciousness: its particular quality lies in its ability to allow practitioners to physically traverse the stages and paths of the Tantric practices, which are materially illustrated on the actual structure."

I have heard that Lama Gangchen travels the world blessing different locations and energy meridians (?) in preparation for some future time when all this will come to fruition. Does anyone know anything about this please?

kurava

• Email
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2011, 02:37:31 AM »

That is the thing I find the most perplexing sometimes - Gangchen Rinpoche is recognised for his work towards world peace, what with his forums and his influence in the UN. The Dalai Lama is recognised for his work towards world peace, what with his Nobel Peace Prize and all. What is the difference? I wish some people could look past temporary differences, and focus on each lama's ultimate goal which is (at the risk of sounding entirely beauty pageant) world peace. Surely then the methods would matter less.

Yes, one is the emanation of Cherizig, the other the emanation of Medicine Buddha. How lucky we are to live in the same time as these two holy beings!

Instead of focusing on who is right or wrong, my Lama taught the clever way of accumulating merits for oneself :
Rejoice in the great works of these two high beings - they are both great, may I become just like them. Om mani pame hum. . .

DSFriend

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2011, 05:09:19 PM »

I have heard that Lama Gangchen travels the world blessing different locations and energy meridians (?) in preparation for some future time when all this will come to fruition. Does anyone know anything about this please?

From the little I know, energy meridians or sometimes also called power places, as the word described...are highly "charged" with energy. Example would be places like Borobudur and Bodhgaya. These places are marked or identified specifically by enlightened beings (for present and/or future when karma of beings are ripen) and is not a coincidence of that sort to bring about great blessings. Thus, these are perfect places for anyone who wishes to go on pilgrimages.

icy

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2011, 01:33:41 PM »
Lama Gangchen's humanitarian aid is extensive.  His organisation is in many different parts of the world.  Visit http://www.helpinaction.net/help-in-action_en.htm for more information.

May Lama Gangchen live long to benefit many and may the powerful Protector Shugden of our time assist Lama’s work to flourish swiftly.  May Lama Gangchen and Protector Shugden bring world peace now and forever.

:D