Author Topic: A Mahasiddha called Gangchen Tulku Rinpoche  (Read 27943 times)

icy

Re: A Mahasiddha called Gangchen Tulku Rinpoche
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2011, 03:51:46 PM »
Dear DharmaSpace, I am sure you will be able to meet with Gangchen Rinpoche one day if you make prayers.  Merits accumulated require the right timing to ripen for it to happen.  Have faith.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2011, 09:50:43 AM »
Thanks Icy.

I am really happy to have met Dorje Shugden who can really help us at the time of death. A being hat is trustworthy as it is a Buddha and Manjushri at that!

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2011, 03:02:51 PM »
To add to the images that tk has already attached to his post about the Healing Lama, I'd like to include this image of Gangchen Rinpoche, unusual as it may be but I like how it captures his peaceful energy so well.

Wow what a beautiful and unusual thangka of Gangchen Rinpoche! I have never seen anything like this before. Wonderful!

Klein

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2011, 05:20:21 PM »
I've met Gangchen Rinpoche on several occasions. Rinpoche was very kind. There was once where Rinpoche invited me to sit in during a dorje shugden puja. I was very lucky to have the opportunity to be so close to a living buddha. Rinpoche still travels around the world meeting people and giving blessings.

It's amazing how tirelessly Rinpoche works for the sake of others.

icy

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2011, 03:14:09 PM »
Gangchen Rinpoche is also known as the Medicine Buddha.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2012, 11:52:48 AM »
Here's a wonderful biography about Gangchen Rinpoche. It really made my hair stand on the end reading it because Gangchen Rinpoche's achievements are just incredible...

Lama Gangchen Rinpoche
T.Y.S. Lama Gangchen Rinpoche is the holder of an ancient and unbroken lineage of Tantric Masters dating from the time of Shakyamuni Buddha. His “Ngalso Tantric Self Healing” is based on Buddha’s teachings and it has been developed to suit modern people.

At present he has over 100 Inner Peace Education centres and NgalSo Self-Healing Study Groups worldwide.

Lama Gangchen Rinpoche was born in western Tibet in 1941. He was quickly recognised to be a reincarnate Lama healer and was enthroned at Gangchen Choepeling Monastery at the age of five. At the age of twelve he received the “Kachen” degree, which is usually conferred after twenty years of study. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, he studied medicine, astrology, meditation and philosophy at two of the major monastic universities of Tibet: Sera and Tashi Lhumpo.

He also studied at Gangchen Gompa, Tropu Gompa and Neytsong Monastery. He was a disciple of some of the most important Gelugpa Lamas, for example, H.H. Trijhang Rinpoche. In 1963, he went into exile to India where he continued his studies for the following seven years at Varanasi Sanskrit University in Benares. In 1970, he received the Geshe Rigram degree (similar to a Ph.D) at Sera Monastic University situated in South India.

After his graduation, he worked as a Lama healer among the Tibetan communities in Nepal, India and Sikkim, where he cured and saved the lives of many people, and became private physician to the Royal Family. In 1981, Lama Gangchen visited Europe for the first time and in the same year he also established his first European centre: Karuna Choetsok in Lesbos, Greece, where he planted a bodhi tree in the ‘Buddha Garden’ and consecrated what was to become the first in a long line of World Peace Buddha Statues, thankas and images. He later came to live in Italy and is now an Italian citizen.

Since 1982, he has travelled extensively, healing and teaching, leading many pilgrimages to some of the most important holy places of religious and spiritual denominations throughout the world.

For many years, Lama Gangchen has been promoting a very important project: the integration between Tibetan Medicine (a vast treasure for humankind, still unknown to many) with allopathic medicine.

A United Nations Spiritual Forum for World Peace, a solution for the third millennium: a proposal initiated by T.Y.S. Lama Gangchen in 1995, is an open collective project, a full partnership to unite all into one voice, by creating a permanent Spiritual Forum within the existing United Nations structure, to contribute and bring both spiritual and material support to the United Nations.

At the dawn of the third millennium, democracy, human rights, justice and peace have become crucial to address, as we face ever increasing violence, unrest and wars. The present world situation calls for urgent and long term solutions; surely the time has come for this seed to grow and help bring peace to our planet. Numerous spiritual and inter-religious organisations and leaders are actively working for peace worldwide in many different ways. Lama Gangchen appreciates and supports the efforts of all organisations and initiatives towards the one aim of peace, wishing for all to unite in a common forum under the auspices of the United Nations: a gift for world peace in the third millennium.