Author Topic: Thubten Jinpa Prostrates to his Guru’s Throne  (Read 12762 times)

Q

Re: Thubten Jinpa Prostrates to his Guru’s Throne
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 02:48:33 PM »
Wow... this is just amazing. Thank you for this wonderful article on Zemey Rinpoche. Who would have known the true story about Zemey Rinpoche and his devoted student Thubten Jinpa. Thanks for the sharing.

I think it really go both ways. The teacher showed what loyalty meant to the student while He prostrated to HHDL, and the student pays the same respect to his teacher.

What I get from this article is also although HHDL placed the ban on DS, as DS practitioners, we should follow Zemey Rinpoche's example... just practice and never show to speak ill of HHDL as after all, he is Chenrezig.

It is amazing how just by their actions, great lamas like Zemey Rinpoche can teach us so much... May the ban be lifted quickly so that no one has to suffer anymore and have our freedom to practice DS without discrimination.

dsiluvu

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 08:44:59 PM »
If the Yellow Book was not published, the ban would not have happened,

This is completely false.

You are buying into the hype. There is much more to this story than one text.

What is false about it? Would you kindly clarify Losang Tenpa? It will benefit many people if you have a story to tell that is "true" and I am sure it will clear up loads of "hype"! I would certainly appreciate it :) Were you actually there when this happened? Were you with Zemay Rinpoche or are you one of his close students?

I guess for now... no one really truly knows why on earth has Chenrezig come down so hard on Dorje Shugden practice and what sparked it all... as of now... it seems to be this so called "yellow book" that the anti-Shugdenpas are using as the whole reason why we are viewed as sectarian. This is obviously FALSE!

How could one line of what Zemey Rinpoche wrote condemned all those who follow Dorje Shugden practice. Where is the logic of this? Also how could His Holiness the Dalai Lama accept Thubten Jinpa as his translator, knowing very well who is his Guru, and well, isn't Thubten Jinpa considered someone who is a sectarian then? And breaking His Guru samaya with his root Guru Zemey Rinpoche is okay?

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2013, 01:06:26 AM »
Wow... this is just amazing. Thank you for this wonderful article on Zemey Rinpoche. Who would have known the true story about Zemey Rinpoche and his devoted student Thubten Jinpa. Thanks for the sharing.

I think it really go both ways. The teacher showed what loyalty meant to the student while He prostrated to HHDL, and the student pays the same respect to his teacher.

What I get from this article is also although HHDL placed the ban on DS, as DS practitioners, we should follow Zemey Rinpoche's example... just practice and never show to speak ill of HHDL as after all, he is Chenrezig.

It is amazing how just by their actions, great lamas like Zemey Rinpoche can teach us so much... May the ban be lifted quickly so that no one has to suffer anymore and have our freedom to practice DS without discrimination.

Yeah I think that is very important as well, to be able to bear the weight of the ban without going against the Dalai Lama. I'm not saying that those who choose to speak up against the Dalai Lama is wrong, but i'm just saying that not hating him and focusing on our Dharma practices sounds like the better path for me as so many other high lamas have chosen that path and that way as opposed to going all out against the Dalai Lama and they are successful in their Dharma work as in being able to build huge monasteries and have thousands of disciples despite the ban.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 08:23:00 AM »
Thanks for this article. I was thinking - since enlightened beings all only have the motivation to benefit, then this story could yet be another illusory play.

With clairvoyance, HH Trijang Rinpoche and HE Zemey Rinpoche would know that one of the effects of the "Yellow Book" would be that HH Dalai Lama would use the "Yellow Book" to institute the ban on Dorje Shugden. In fact, HH Trijang Rinpoche had already alluded to the future actions of the Dalai Lama in "Music Delighting an Ocean of Protectors" and that we should not lose faith in Dorje Shugden nor the Dalai Lama.

As such, Zemey Rinpoche's actions of prostrating towards the Dalai Lama outside the hall where the Dalai Lama was teaching is to show the pure Guru Devotion of Zemey Rinpoche and an example to all of us as to how we should view the Dalai Lama. This also reflects on Zemey Rinpoche as a stellar student of HH Trijang Rinpoche.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2013, 09:00:04 AM »
Thanks for this article. I was thinking - since enlightened beings all only have the motivation to benefit, then this story could yet be another illusory play.

With clairvoyance, HH Trijang Rinpoche and HE Zemey Rinpoche would know that one of the effects of the "Yellow Book" would be that HH Dalai Lama would use the "Yellow Book" to institute the ban on Dorje Shugden. In fact, HH Trijang Rinpoche had already alluded to the future actions of the Dalai Lama in "Music Delighting an Ocean of Protectors" and that we should not lose faith in Dorje Shugden nor the Dalai Lama.

As such, Zemey Rinpoche's actions of prostrating towards the Dalai Lama outside the hall where the Dalai Lama was teaching is to show the pure Guru Devotion of Zemey Rinpoche and an example to all of us as to how we should view the Dalai Lama. This also reflects on Zemey Rinpoche as a stellar student of HH Trijang Rinpoche.

I couldnt agree more on this part. There is no way that Zemey Rinpoche would not know that the Yellow Book would be used to implement a ban on Dorje Shugden by the Dalai Lama but he wrote it anyway. Perhaps, there is something more to the yellow book than it just being a collection of stories. Perhaps when the ban is lifted, the true meaning of the yellow book will be revealed. Right now it is all pretty hard to tell as most of us just dont know better and what is going on....lets just hope that the ban will be lifted and the yellow book reinterpreted and Zemey Rinpoche becomes close with HHDL again.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2013, 02:01:45 PM »
The Yellow Book was not the reason for the ban. You all are making this the scapegoat. Check into the dates of all of this and you will learn how this is just a red herring.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2013, 04:23:58 AM »
The Yellow Book was not the reason for the ban. You all are making this the scapegoat. Check into the dates of all of this and you will learn how this is just a red herring.

If I was not mistaken, the Dalai Lama himself has mentioned before that he only came to the conclusion that Dorje Shugden was bad after he read the yellow book and even quoted several incidents from there as the justification for the ban. But it would be great if you could explain more on why is it that the Yellow Book isnt the cause for the ban because we all wanna know the truth as well and what was it that caused the Dalai Lama to implement the ban in such a harsh way. The other reason that I have heard that sparked the ban was that Nechung told the Dalai Lama that Dorje Shugden was evil. So yes, which is which? Could you kindly explain to us what is going on here, Losang_tenpa?