Author Topic: A HEARTFELT POST FROM A TIBETAN SHUGDEN PRACTITIONER  (Read 5093 times)

theloneranger

A HEARTFELT POST FROM A TIBETAN SHUGDEN PRACTITIONER
« on: May 08, 2008, 07:48:12 AM »
hi

this is a post from phayul.com from a tibetan shugden practitioner replying to one of my posts:-

I appreciate your effort to shed some light on the sufferings of Tibetan Shugden practitioners in India. I am a Tibetan and Shugden practitioner. Tibetan community is a very close knit community. Everyone knows each other through friends or family in the community. Now since His Holiness's address in Mundgod, the Tibetan exile government officials and associations have taken up Dalai lama's message and started discriminating Shugden practitioners. We have now become the untouchables in Tibetan community. People took oath in the monasteries and offices that they wouldn't eat with us, do business with us and hold religious sermons with us. This is the reality in Tibetan soceity right now. It is so hard to imagine this is happennig now in the 21st century. We shuden practitioners are suffering. We Tibetans cry out to the world for help that we don't have religious freedom in Tibet. But unfortunately, in our own backyard we the shugden practitioners are systematically discriminated and intimidated for keeping our faith and belief. I hope and always pray that one day His Holiness would tell all the Tibetans that it is up to each individual whether to practice Shugden or not. But do not harm each other because some refuse to listen to me. Maybe this is my wishful thinking??My final request to all fellow Tibetans. let us live in peace and let others live in peace and harmony. Don't punish others because they are not like u. WE can end this if we respect Freedom of thought, religion and respecet others rigths. Bod Gyalo.