Author Topic: Lama Osel makes surprise visit to Lama Zopa  (Read 28879 times)

DSFriend

Re: Lama Osel makes surprise visit to Lama Zopa
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2012, 01:38:07 PM »
A picture of Osel posted yesterday on FPMT's facebook :

Yangsi Rinpoche and Osel during recent Vajrasattva initiation in Boulder Creek
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151454444459251&set=a.434593519250.225104.163253104250&type=1&relevant_count=1

Do you think Osel will return to FPMT?

lotus1

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2012, 05:06:57 PM »
I am not sure whether Lama Osel will be back to FPMT but I would love to see both two worlds (Lama Osel + FPMT) merge as what has been quoted by begger earlier. Lama Osel is Lama Yeshe, the mind is the same. Looking at the activities that he has been involving, I believe he must have a bigger reason and it will be for the spread of Dharma whenever the condition is ripen.
I pray that the conditions will be ripen soonest and the ban will be lifted and more people can be blessed by Lord DS.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2012, 04:36:01 AM »
It is heartwarming to receive news about Lama Osel going back to visit Lama Zopa Rinpoche. Recently I read on Osel Hita's FB that he has been quite involved with FPMT's meetings and work. I sincerely hope that Lama Osel will be able to take up the role his predecessor Lama Yeshe has left for FPMT the modern way and be able to bring Buddhist teachings to the forefront of the international stage!
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Manjushri

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2012, 08:32:47 PM »
Maybe if Lama Osel returns to take up the role as his predecessor Lama Yeshe, and relieve Lama Zopa so that Lama Zopa can focus on "recovering"...then I wonder whether Lama Osel would introduce the practise of Dorje Shugden to the followers, students and practitioners of FPMT? Why is it now that Lama Osel is being more involved in FPMT? Why at this juncture, why this timing? Why wasn't Lama Osel much more involved when Lama Zopa first got sick? Could it be that the time is right for Dorje Shugden to surge throughout the world?

However, it is great that Lama Osel has maintained a role in Dharma Work and spreading the Dharma. His choice to return his vows wouldnot be so simple. Having the same mindstream as the great Lama Yeshe, maybe reaching out to today's society required Lama Osel to do what he did. And in time, when his base is strong, merge with FPMT, as what can be deduced by his actions of late.

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2012, 05:21:23 AM »
A great teaching from a great master, using his physical form to manifest illness as a teaching for us. This is just one of the many skillful ways great masters use. My lama always teaches: Use your body to benefit others for you are only one and they are many. In this case, Lama Osel may be one but he will benefit many when he starts to turn the wheel of dharma. Soon, I hope.

May Lama Zopa live long.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2012, 10:48:37 AM »
If Lama Yeshe was a great Dorje Shugden practitioner, and in this life the FPMT peeps have decided to abandon Lama Yeshe's lineage for the Dalai Lama's lineage, then how can it be right in any way for Lama Yeshe to return? Obviously Lama Yeshe would not return as Lama Osel to teach the FPMT people, simply because the goals have changed and the direction is now different from one way to the other. If the directions of the student and the Lama is different, how can they be together in this current lifetime? surely it must match again so that they can meet again. Lama Osel will do Dharma work with or without FPMT's approval or support because he is a real tulku.

diablo1974

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2012, 07:07:11 AM »
I heard Lama Osel just left singapore, i am wondering if he was given a gift relating to Dorje Shugden. it will be nice if he had receive one.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2012, 01:51:40 PM »
A picture of Osel posted yesterday on FPMT's facebook :

Yangsi Rinpoche and Osel during recent Vajrasattva initiation in Boulder Creek
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151454444459251&set=a.434593519250.225104.163253104250&type=1&relevant_count=1

Do you think Osel will return to FPMT?

To answer that question, one must first answer the other question, which is, will FPMT stop their unceasing attempts to get more followers at the cost of the reputation of other Dharma centers? Will they re-establish Dorje Shugden as their main protector, the way Lama Yeshe used to have it when he was still around? If they are not, then i do not think there is any chance of Lama Osel returning to FPMT. He might support FPMT from behind but he will not give any teachings even though he is fully qualified to do so.

icy

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »
I heard Lama Osel just left singapore, i am wondering if he was given a gift relating to Dorje Shugden. it will be nice if he had receive one.

That will be nice diabloc1974.  Maybe this will trigger his imprint on Dorje Shugden and Lama Osel will start teaching DS again.

icy

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2012, 02:27:59 PM »
This is what Lama Osel had reported in his Facebook.  Looks like everything is going well with Lama Osel and FP&T.  Lama Osel is promoting Kopan Lam Rim Courses and renewing his connection to Kopan!  What a beautiful news:

Last day in Kathmandu! Nepal has been amazing! The people, the energy, the time spent, and experiences have been truly inspiring and fulfilling. I really loved talking with everyone at the November course. Got to meet Lama Zopa once more, and had such a good time at Kopan Monastery.
I wish to repeat this experience next year at the November course. Thank you everyone!! It has been great meeting you!!! Take care and keep up the good work!!
Biglove

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2012, 10:39:31 AM »
This is what Lama Osel had reported in his Facebook.  Looks like everything is going well with Lama Osel and FP&T.  Lama Osel is promoting Kopan Lam Rim Courses and renewing his connection to Kopan!  What a beautiful news:

Last day in Kathmandu! Nepal has been amazing! The people, the energy, the time spent, and experiences have been truly inspiring and fulfilling. I really loved talking with everyone at the November course. Got to meet Lama Zopa once more, and had such a good time at Kopan Monastery.
I wish to repeat this experience next year at the November course. Thank you everyone!! It has been great meeting you!!! Take care and keep up the good work!!
Biglove

this is really great news! Lama Osel reconnecting to Kopan is a very joyous thing indeed for us to celebrate. Perhaps, there is hope that Lama Osel will resume being a monk very soon...or could it be that the Dorje Shugden ban is weakening and Kopan could perform the special 'pujas' to reconnect with Lama Osel? Or perhaps Lama Zopa has been doing Dorje Shugden pujas but quietly so the results of Lama Osel returning to Kopan and Lama Zopa manifested? Lets hope to see more of these to come.

icy

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2012, 02:33:01 PM »
My guess Ensapa Lama Zopa is practising Dorje Shugden behind doors.  Perhaps Lama Ozer came over to Kopan to get initiated into Dorje Shugden and when the ban is lifted the cat would be out of the closet!  FP&T is one of the world biggest Gelukpa tradition and DS will spread like wild fire.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2012, 04:40:37 AM »
My guess Ensapa Lama Zopa is practising Dorje Shugden behind doors.  Perhaps Lama Ozer came over to Kopan to get initiated into Dorje Shugden and when the ban is lifted the cat would be out of the closet!  FP&T is one of the world biggest Gelukpa tradition and DS will spread like wild fire.

There is absolutely no doubt that Lama Zopa is practicing Dorje Shugden. He would have been quiet about Trijang Rinpoche and Pabongkha Rinpoche if he was against Dorje Shugden. But whether or not he wants the whole world to know about that is a different story and of course, we have to respect the privacy of our great Lamas. Him going to Trijang Rinpoche's stupa is a sign that he is manifesting to let us know that he is still a practitioner: else he would not have such a high regard for Trijang Rinpoche. Many 'affected' Gelugs barely know who Trijang Rinpoche or Pabongkha Rinpoche is and they do not have information about the lineages and what they are doing is going against the very tradition they belong to. Think about it: Lama Zopa NOT practicing DS would mean he broke his samaya, if he did break his samaya then all his teachings and pujas will not have effect. If his teachings and pujas still can benefit people, is it not clear that his samaya is still strong and he has not given up on Dorje Shugden yet?