Author Topic: Samdhong Rinpoche in France with Sungjang Rinpoche  (Read 11915 times)

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
Samdhong Rinpoche in France with Sungjang Rinpoche
« on: March 10, 2012, 05:43:50 AM »
HE Samdhong Rinpoche is invited to France for teachings!

I chanced upon these beautiful pictures of the previous Prime Minister of the TGIE who is currently in France together with his host, HE Sungjang Rinpoche from Gaden Jangtse. The years which Samdhong Rinpoche spent serving HHDL at the request and instructions of his Root Guru HH Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang. When you see these pictures I'm moved with awe how charismatic this leader is.

Take a look for yourselves folks!

Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

DharmaDefender

Re: Samdhong Rinpoche in France with Sungjang Rinpoche
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 10:17:31 AM »
H1N1 thank you for posting these pictures of Samdhong Rinpoche. As someone who spent a great deal of his term in office implementing the ban, its interesting that Samdhong Rinpoche is reputed to be an emanation of Dorje Shugden. Hell take on so many forms to do so - as a lama banning his own emanation (no ego!) or a lama travelling the world to teach the Dharma. Its inspiring that even after his term of office, he continues to travel the world spreading the Buddhadharma and raising awareness of the Tibetan situation.

Big Uncle

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 04:15:07 PM »
Nice pictures of these High Lamas. It would be nice if he starts talking and promoting Dorje Shugden directly? I believe he would like to do that as his root Lama was Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche. It would be nice if he goes and talks about Dorje Shugden and it would be really cool if he defected to Shar Gaden. Haha! I am always having weird ideas like that.

dsiluvu

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 05:20:48 PM »
Thanks harry. Samdhong Rinpoche looks so refreshed and there's this glow around him. Yes BU it would definitely be nice to see what Samdhong Rinpoche has to say about DS practice. He is after all student of H.H. Trijang Rinpoche. I would assume he quietly still does the practice. We could never be sure of these enlightened beings and their premeditated moves to create situations to benefit others.

If he is truly an emanation of Dorje Shugden, then I am so humbled by his awe inspiring Guru devotion which is very rare. To be quiet all these years and support HHDL ban is like saying he ban himself. Amazing!

Barzin

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 06:58:25 PM »
Thanks for the info and pictures.  It seems that many high lamas who practice Dorje Shugden is "in action" now.  Note the different parts of the world they are traveling to is perhaps the places that Shugden's practice is growing rapidly.  This is indeed a good sign.  I would be most interested to see what Samdhong Rinpoche has to say about the practice.  One opens up, another one opens up, another opens up...  Looks like we are going in a pace that the ban will be lifted soon.  We ourselves also play a crucial role in assisting the lama's work.  If we were given the practice by our lama, we should also contribute to the voice, actions in order to help lift the ban sooner.  I personally think this website has been giving me accurate information about the issue, materials that can help for people to understand more and of course the merchandises and free download materials for us to give away to benefit people.  Therefore, we do only talk and do not do the walk.  I hope one way or another we all contribute to lifting the ban and not let the lama's work gone to waste.

triesa

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 02:30:02 AM »
Very nice pictures captured.....very natural, I like these type of pictures of high lamas.

When I think of Samdhong Rinpoche, I must confess that I have had some teeny weeny bit of negative feeling against him when he was the prime minister of TGIE. Only until he made his speech after he stepped down as Kolan Tripa, he stated clearly that all these years when he was serving the Dalai Lama and the TGIE well,  was infact a direct instruction from his root guru Trijang Rinpoche.

He was reputed to be an enmanation of Dorje Shugden himself, and purely out of clean samaya with Trijang Rinpoche, he had been working against his ownself all these while in TGIE. I find this very amazing...........there is no right or wrong, no should be or not should be, no face or ego whatsoever.....just do according to what his Guru said and instructed.

Even at his age now, he still travelled far to spread Tibetan Buddhism, that shows who he really is....

He has my absolute 'SALUTE"!!!

Zhalmed Pawo

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 06:31:56 PM »
Is this the man, nay, the Lama, who acted with power against DS, simply because he had faith in his Lama?

If so, I'm happy not to trust blindly any Lama. How about you?

thaimonk

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 10:35:13 PM »
I like the way Samdhong Rinpoche spoked clearly his root lama is Trijang Rinpoche. After working so closely with Dalai Lama and upon finishing his term he can be so open about his guru devotion shows where his heart is. He actually could have endangered himself admitting he did not do his job for Dalai Lama but following the instructions of his lama Trijang Rinpoche. He is brave and it sent shockwaves throughout the Tibetan communities when they heard his admisson of working for the Tibetan govt because of Trijang Rinpoche.

It is well established among the high lamas of Gaden and Sera that Samdhong Rinpoche is an emanation of Dorje Shugden.

Zhalmed Pawo

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 12:33:50 AM »
I like the alternative-universe version in which Samdhong Rinpoche would have said to the HHDL that "these things that you ask me to do, I cannot do, as I am a DS practitioner, just as our mutual Guru Trijang Rinpoche was, and furthermore as I happen to be a Buddhist, unlike some other persons, I cannot cause harm or injury, even less a schism in the Sangha, so please, go ask someone else to do your twisted works, or better still, ask no-one as you are here clearly mistaken, and furthermore going against the intent of our mutual Guru Trijang Dorjechang".

Would that have been something, yea? 8)

Lineageholder

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 10:39:23 AM »
How can it be asserted that Samdhong Rinpoche is an emanation of Dorje Shugden?

Does Dorje Shugden accuse his followers of being terrorists, violent, potential murderers and supporters of the PRC?

Professor Samdhong Rinpoche Caught Lying by Al Jazeera Small | Large

Let's apply some logic to the situation rather than simply believing what someone has said.

If Samdhong Rinpoche is an emanation of Dorje Shugden, why is he acting against the practice and lying about its practitioners?  If the Dalai Lama is Avalokiteshvara, why does he cause a schism in the Sangha and suffering to millions of people?

Let's try syllogistic reasoning:

"Samdhong Rinpoche is an emanation of Dorje Shugden because he works to destroy the practice and defames Shugden practitioners"

I'll leave you to work out if this is a conclusive reason or not.

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 07:24:03 PM »
This is super hilarious. Samdhong Rinpoche is an emanation of Shugden??? You gotta be kidding man. I mean right under the nose of HHDL? If it were true, Samdhong Rinpoche is like the greatest double agent-spy that ever existed. He beats 007 anyday man.

Even you Shugden people can't get along enough to agree whether Samdhong Rinpoche is Shugden incarnation or not. No offense, but I find you all quite entertaining you cannot decide on who is shugden and who is not.  :)

Personally speaking I don't think Shugden can emanate anywhere or as anyone. He is a unenlightened spirit. How can he emanate as anyone let alone Samdhong Rinpoche? Samdhong Rinpoche is way above the league of being an emanation of a spirit.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 02:51:08 PM »
This is super hilarious. Samdhong Rinpoche is an emanation of Shugden??? You gotta be kidding man. I mean right under the nose of HHDL? If it were true, Samdhong Rinpoche is like the greatest double agent-spy that ever existed. He beats 007 anyday man.

Even you Shugden people can't get along enough to agree whether Samdhong Rinpoche is Shugden incarnation or not. No offense, but I find you all quite entertaining you cannot decide on who is shugden and who is not.  :)

Personally speaking I don't think Shugden can emanate anywhere or as anyone. He is a unenlightened spirit. How can he emanate as anyone let alone Samdhong Rinpoche? Samdhong Rinpoche is way above the league of being an emanation of a spirit.

We can all agree that Trijang Rinpoche is an acclaimed master that has real achievements and who has benefitted a lot of people. We can all also agree, including the Dalai Lama, that Trijang Rinpoche's teachings are authentic and true. We can also all agree on the fact that he has attained Vajrayogini (thats the reason why he carries the Dorje Chang title as well). So if we can agree that he is a master, can we not agree on everything else he teachers?

Let me break it down even further. He is the teacher of the Dalai Lama, Geshe Keslang Gyatso and Lama Yeshe. Can we also agree that a bad teacher cannot possibly produce good students? Does this not imply that if we say that Trijang Rinpoche is bad, we are indirectly implying that his students are bad too? So, why are we even questioning and being selective about Trijang Rinpoche's teachings?

It is a very well known fact that Trijang Rinpoche himself said that Samdhong Rinpoche is an emanation of Dorje Shugden. Are we going to question that or make a huge deal out of that? If we do, then it means we're also saying that Trijang Rinpoche is wrong and if he's wrong, then 90% of the Gelug masters existing today, who got their teachings, lineages and transmissions from him are invalid. Do we want to go down that route?

Also, when Buddhas manifest they do not need to follow our perception or logic. They operate based on the bigger picture and if all of the Buddhas need to operate within the confinements of our thinking and if they don't we question and dismiss them, then why are we even in Vajrayana? Or even Mahayana even? And to Tenzin Gyatso, the shallowness of some does not represent the many, so there's no need to mock us :)

Lineageholder

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 06:14:09 PM »
It is a very well known fact that Trijang Rinpoche himself said that Samdhong Rinpoche is an emanation of Dorje Shugden.

I really would question this.  Is this actually recorded anywhere, or is it hearsay?  After all, anyone can say "Trijang Rinpoche said _______"

I'm not questioning Trijang Dorjechang, I'm questioning that he said this.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 02:43:48 AM »
It is a very well known fact that Trijang Rinpoche himself said that Samdhong Rinpoche is an emanation of Dorje Shugden.

I really would question this.  Is this actually recorded anywhere, or is it hearsay?  After all, anyone can say "Trijang Rinpoche said _______"

I'm not questioning Trijang Dorjechang, I'm questioning that he said this.

Apparently, some of us are too lazy to do research on our own and prefers to be spoon fed: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=8656

Its a video. Watch Samdhong Rinpoche tell everyone in that video that Trijang Rinpoche himself recognized him as an incarnation of Dorje Shugden.

Forum topic follow up: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1302.0

A quick google would have revealed facts, why did you not google but choose to present your "doubts"? Its like asking for the sake of asking and not because of the sake of learning. And of course, doing so gives the impression to others that DS practitioners are not united.

But then again its okay.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 10:11:23 AM »
I have met old monks who are students of Trijang Rinpoche in China, India & Nepal. I remembered an old monk used to tell me that most students of Trijang Rinpoche will always follow Trijang Rinpoche and his instructions no matter what happens. OUTWARDLY, they might look as if as they agree with HH but INWARDLY, the will hold on the whatever Trijang Rinpoche gave them including their practices.

I wonder whether Samdhong Rinpoche fits into this category.