Author Topic: Lama Tsongkhapa's tooth, bowl and Kedrup Je's Yamantaka statue  (Read 4264 times)

Namdrol

• Email
Lama Tsongkhapa's tooth, bowl and Kedrup Je's Yamantaka statue
« on: February 06, 2012, 06:36:18 PM »
These are holy items still kept in Gaden Monastery in Tibet today:

1. Lama Tsongkhapa's tooth
2. Lama Tsongkhapa's bowl and Yak horn, it is said that you can see the images of 21 Taras if you look into the hole of the horn
3. Kedrup Je's Yamantaka statue

Galen

• Email
Re: Lama Tsongkhapa's tooth, bowl and Kedrup Je's Yamantaka statue
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 09:38:20 AM »
Thank you Namdrol for the photos of this holy items especially Je Tsongkapa's tooth. Very fortunate to have seen them and very nicely preserved in Gaden Monastery, Tibet.

bambi

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 07:59:04 AM »
Thank you for these beautiful pictures. It's really sad to also know that many of these holy items were also destroyed during the invasion. But at the same time it reminded me the Thangka that HHDL carried with Him when he left Tibet to India. Thank goodness that was not destroyed or else we wont have proof of what Thangka and WHO saved HHDL... ;D

DharmaDefender

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 04:36:09 PM »
Theyve survived for this long? Nice workmanship...and it makes me wonder what else Gaden Monastery is hiding ;D

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 05:12:00 PM »
I read from an article online that they used to have soil from Gaden in Tibet and had imprints of Je Lama's tooth relic on it and t would be either given away to sponsors or high lamas as a blessings.

Whatever it is, these relics having survived until today is a living testament of the tradition's potency. Not only do they manifest in the form of relics but they also empowered by the lineage masters of our time. Tested with time and debate, Lama Tsongkhapa's work for humanity has by far shone the longest of time.

"In merely a few years you filled
The land from China to India
With peerless holders of the saffron robes.
Hence I sing this praise to you of Ganden Mountain.

Je Rinpoche's inspirations really took people off their Samsaric attachments and lef them towards the fruitioning path of Buddha hood. We all as devotees of Dorje Shugden should emulate our protector's predecessors by doing the same.
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!