Author Topic: News from Shar Gaden  (Read 138787 times)

Small being

Re: News from Shar Gaden
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 10:25:06 AM »
I'm looking forward to hearing your reports about the effects of the Dalai Lama's ban 'from the frontline' as it were.  Many people think that because Shar Gaden and Serpom monasteries exist, the monks now have a home and there's no problem.  In fact, some supporters of the Dalai Lama have gone as far as to say that there is no ban because these monasteries exist so the monks are obviously free to practise Dorje Shugden, but I'm sure the everyday reality is quite different. 

I found this on the web http://shargadenmonastery.blogspot.com/ proving that the harassment goes on. How sad!

SB

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 10:02:38 AM »

a friend

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 09:54:43 PM »

Thank you Small Being for the update.
Unfortunately I can confirm that in both Shar Ganden and Serpom the persecution and segregation ordered by the Dalai Lama continues in full fledge, no progress so far.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2010, 11:50:08 AM »

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 12:40:14 PM »

emptymountains

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 09:18:29 PM »
Just compare that to the handwriting of 1st and 2nd graders in the US!  :o

Geronimo

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 11:26:51 PM »
Well Of Course the Sons of Je T'Song Khapa Shine are as radiant as a Billions Suns!
Cream Rises to the Top,
Churn Away!

Geronimo

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 01:55:05 AM »
Please pray for the Tibetan Earthquake Victims

May all the earthquake victims in Tibet, as well as in Haiti and Chile, come under the loving care and protection of the Spiritual Guides, Deities and Dharma Protectors.

Another message from the Dorje Shugden Society asking for everyone's prayers as the death toll rises in Tibet:

Dear Dharma brothers and sisters;

We are mourning those who were killed and injured by the earthquake in Tibet.

The society would like to request each of you to recite the Migtsema prayer of Lord Tsongkhapa for at least one round of rosary, and dedicate the merit you accumulate through these prayers for those who have died to obtain a precious human rebirth, as well as toward the swift recovery of all those injured and affected.

MIGTSEMA PRAYER

MIG ME TSE WAI TER CHEN CHAN RE ZIG

DRI ME KHYEN PAI WANG PO JAM PAL YANG

DU PUNG MA LU JOM ZE SANG WEI DAG

GANG CHEN KHE PE TSUG GYAN TSONG KHA PA

LO SANG DRAG PAI SHAB LA SOL WA DEB

Tsongkhapa, crown ornament of the scholars of the Land of the Snows,

You are Avalokiteshvara, the treasury of unobservable compassion,

Manjushri, the supreme stainless wisdom,

And Vajrapani, the destroyer of the hosts of maras;

O Losang Dragpa I request you, please grant your blessings.

Thank you!

Dorje Shugden Devotee's Charitable and Religious Society
Internet: www.shugdensociety.info
Email: [email protected], [email protected]
Phone: 0091-11-23921169
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 01:59:08 AM by Lhakpa Gyaltshen »

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 12:16:57 PM »
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 12:24:46 PM by Tenzin Sungrab »

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2010, 04:17:35 AM »
Hello from Shar Gaden! I have been here a little over a week now. I will try to post some of what life is like here in the next couple of weeks.
I will say this: the monks are just amazing!!!

a friend

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2010, 08:01:32 PM »

Hi Tenzin Sungrab!
So you finally got there, congratulations.
Please convey our greetings to everybody in Shar Ganden from this website.
And also, please, tell them our gratitude and admiration for their hard work.
Enjoy your good fortune and multiply it!

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 06:37:52 PM »
Hello Friends,
The monks here have just finished their exams and tomorrow the much anticipated results are to be announced. There has been much talk about how excellent all the monks performed. Everyone seems to be very excited to hear who will receive the top honors.
Currently I am teaching 4 classes a day in basic English as well as private lessons in my free time...and I am loving every minute of it.

Every night I walk to the Tibetan camp 2 and visit with the only family there that has remained loyal to our precious protector. This family of one mother, her brother and 4 children has suffered unbelievable hardships due to the Dalai Lama's policies. They have had their house stoned as well as the constant harassment by all of their neighbors.

The first night walking there I was greeted by almost every Tibetan I came across. However, word must have spread because the very next night no one would even make eye contact with me much less return my greetings. How sad. This Tibetan family has been dealing with this abuse for years...and they don't get to go home to America in six months like I do.

I will be posting much more about this brave family and our courageous monks as the days go by...I am just now starting to get the taste of what things are like here.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2010, 05:02:48 PM »
Thank you for sharing what is happening from Shar Gaden. I can't even imagine what it's like for Tibetans who are faithful to Dorje Shugden when they will shun you so quickly. And it's so amazing that there are Tibetans who deny that Dorje Shugden practitioners are being ostracised. Maybe you could interview the family you mentioned and any other monks and share their stories here.

Do the Shar Gaden monks get abused when they walk around in the community? Or are they just ignored?

You're perfectly placed to speak on their behalf to the many people who do not know the truth.

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Geronimo

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2010, 01:40:10 AM »
"THE UNHOLY CRUSADE EXPORTED TO THE REST OF THE WORLD

There is another angle to this already sad story. The Dalai Lama has been exporting his unholy crusade to the rest of the world. It’s painful to see how Western Buddhists belonging to Dharma Centers fanaticized in favor of the Tibetan leader are following the Dalai Lama's lead, slandering the practitioners of the Ganden tradition just because they try to keep intact the teachings and transmissions of their Gurus.

Just think how would you like it that your students or your family receive emails or phone calls stating that you are a demon worshipper, or a bad person who opposes the kind Dalai Lama.

I find it shocking that Western Buddhists would give up our best values of the "other" Enlightenment, the one which gave us our sense of human rights, by which we were able to end slavery and so many awful things that humans did to humans up until not so long ago.

In our Western world, we have really made progress in this area, and I've been thinking that it’s a shame and a pity that Westerners would so easily accompany the Dalai Lama in the discrimination, slandering and persecution of others because of their religious beliefs. This is a very serious matter.

If I were a politician, a political leader, an educator, I would be very worried. The basic principles that our founding fathers defended, the Dalai Lama is transgressing, and there are people perfectly aware of this that are defending him."

Geronimo