Author Topic: News from Shar Gaden  (Read 138788 times)

thor

News from Shar Gaden
« on: April 02, 2010, 07:24:23 PM »
NOTICES ON SEVERAL WALLS AROUND CAMP 3, TIBETAN SETTLEMENT, MUNDGOD

Since couple of months, there have been many similar activities putting notices outside the shops and restaurants around the camp 3, Tibetan Settlement Mundgod. I should not describe in detail what has been mentioned in these letters as these are most noticeable that what the allegation would be like.... so I have tried to translate them into English which I am not that good so hopefully it will be a comprehensive one...

1)To Devotees of Avalokite?vara,

In camo no. 3, near the mustachioed Amdo's restaurant, a shop owned by a family of camp 4, they are Shugden worshipers thus, you all are strongly recommended not walk in or buy anything from this shop.

by the group of enemy defeater-

2) To the Ministry of Security of Exile Government,

Sonam Dolma wife of Lobsang Choejor and Kalsang Dorje in Tibetan Camp No. 4 have been facing various problem since they were alleged as a Shugden worshipers. Later they have taken oath in front of red and black protectors with presence of all the people in community hall of camp no 4. We (representative office) have received a confirmation letter from the leaders of camp 4 that the oath taking session has done compulsorily before all the people and protectors.

From The Representative Office of Mundgod on dated: 2nd, February 2010

thor

Re: News from Shar Gaden
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 07:25:23 PM »
Sorry, meant to attach these photos too

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 10:02:50 PM »
Very sad  and discouraging news.

I am very proud of the Shar Gaden monks. They have been stainless examples of pure samaya. I think that our whole lineage owes them our support and encouragement. Send them a message or send them donations to show them that we are all standing united with them.

thor

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 09:31:40 PM »
Yes they are heroes and this community should support them. I have not come across a way to send a donation to either Shar Gaden, anonymously I mean, and many other practitioners would probably prefer their identities kept confidential as well. How does one go about sending a donation under these circumstances? Likewise for Serpom monastery

Lineageholder

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 09:44:06 PM »
Does anyone else notice the irony of these terrible messages?

It's basically "To the supporters of Avalokiteshvara, you are encouraged to cause suffering to others in the name of discrimination and religious intolerance.  Thank you for your attention"

When did 'compassionate Buddhists' make it their duty to harm others?  What a crazy, hypocritical world we live in!

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 09:55:26 PM »
Yes they are heroes and this community should support them. I have not come across a way to send a donation to either Shar Gaden, anonymously I mean, and many other practitioners would probably prefer their identities kept confidential as well. How does one go about sending a donation under these circumstances? Likewise for Serpom monastery

Here is one option-

You can call Dagom Gaden Tensung Ling Monastery and ask to speak with Jamyang Lama. He can help direct any donations to Shar Gaden.

DGTL Buddhist Monastery
102 Clubhouse Drive
Bloomington, IN 47404
(P) 812.339.0857
(F) 812.323.8803
email address: [email protected]

I think that Zawa Tulku Rinpoche might be able to help as well. He travels to Shar Gaden frequently.

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 10:24:32 PM »
Dear Virtuous Friends,

Those of you who with great loyalty, gratitude and wish to practice the paramita of giving to the Sangha are indeed virtuous as you are donating toward King Shugden's own direct lineage holders. I rejoice in your deeds.

TK

Below is the information that is accurate and you can use to send money directly to them. It is a reliable method. After you have sent, you may contact Ven. Gelek at mobile number: 0091 99009 71884 to inform him or email them. They will respond.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Account of Shar Gaden Monastery

NAME OF ACCOUNT HOLDER: VEN KHEDUP NAMGYAL or GELEK WANGDUE

SB A/C NO:  0359 220 00 18209

ISFC CODE: SYNB 0000 359

SWIFT CODE: SYNBINBB 123

BANK ADDRESS: SYNDICATE BANK
                         LAMA CAMP NO 1,BRANCH GADEN LACHI MONASTERY BUILDING
                         TATIHALLI MUNDGOD CONLONY 581411 UTTAR KANADA                 
                         KARNATAKA STATE INDIA

Lee Dhi

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 04:50:06 AM »
Duldzin, what a wonderful suggestion. You are right, we should DO SOMETHING to support these heroes so that they are able to uphold and keep in tact the precious practice of pure Dharma.

tk, thank you for the fuss free and safe solution to sending donations to Shar Ganden Monastery.

It is sad that the discrimination is still going on despite the court ruling for religious freedom. This is what it means to be in samsara ? With this in mind, we must all be double dedicated with our Dharma work and practice so that we will free ourselves and all sentient beings from this place!

Contributing to Shar Ganden Monastery is certainly one good, tangible action to start by right away! It is simply wonderful that "solutions" to samsara is still available to us ?

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 08:14:20 PM »
NOTICES ON SEVERAL WALLS AROUND CAMP 3, TIBETAN SETTLEMENT, MUNDGOD

Since couple of months, there have been many similar activities putting notices outside the shops and restaurants around the camp 3, Tibetan Settlement Mundgod. I should not describe in detail what has been mentioned in these letters as these are most noticeable that what the allegation would be like.... so I have tried to translate them into English which I am not that good so hopefully it will be a comprehensive one...

1)To Devotees of Avalokite?vara,

In camo no. 3, near the mustachioed Amdo's restaurant, a shop owned by a family of camp 4, they are Shugden worshipers thus, you all are strongly recommended not walk in or buy anything from this shop.

by the group of enemy defeater-

2) To the Ministry of Security of Exile Government,

Sonam Dolma wife of Lobsang Choejor and Kalsang Dorje in Tibetan Camp No. 4 have been facing various problem since they were alleged as a Shugden worshipers. Later they have taken oath in front of red and black protectors with presence of all the people in community hall of camp no 4. We (representative office) have received a confirmation letter from the leaders of camp 4 that the oath taking session has done compulsorily before all the people and protectors.

From The Representative Office of Mundgod on dated: 2nd, February 2010

How sad that this type of persecution is allowed to happen. There is enough persecution already, which has resulted in Tibetans living in refugee camps. It is not necessary to divide people further. I hope for the sake of all beings that the ban is swiftly lifted so that so much suffering can stop and people can practice freely and in peace.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Midakpa

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 02:08:20 AM »
Dear Tk,

Thank you for the bank address and contact details. I think this is the best method to help Shar Gaden. They need not only moral support but also financial assistance.

honeydakini

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 04:38:22 PM »
I'm just wondering if anyone would know:

for local laypeople or even monks in the monasteries receiving these kinds of notices and threats, do they not receive any protection from the Indian government for such blatant attacks and discrimination? I mean, surely even if you are a refugee in any country and you are say, clubbed to death or attacked, the perpetrators of the crime can be caught and persecuted? I'm just wondering how, technically and lawfully, this kind of harrassment and even physical attacks is still allowed? (for example, there have also been "wanted" posters posted around monasteries and Tibetan camps - how is this allowed?!?!?!

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 09:20:39 PM »
My flight will be leaving for India on Friday and I will arrive at Shar Gaden on Sunday to help with the English training program. I will keep in touch as much as possible, but I have been warned that the internet cafe in town will deny me service if they know I am with Shar Gaden. Pretty sad.
I will be there for about six months, so I am sure that I will have news to share as time goes by. Classes start again May 1st, so I will have a couple of weeks to acclimate before the English classes start.

These monks are incredible for keeping so strong under such difficult circumstances. I am going there under the guise of 'helping the monks', but I have known all along that it is really me who will receive the greatest benefit. Being able to be there, standing in solidarity with our dear monks, is an opportunity for me to show support in my own limited way. This is one way for people to directly oppose the ban: cross the line, help the monks, talk to them, support them, encourage them, feed them, share with them...everything the ban says not to do. I am not big on public protests, but I will cross the line to help these monks at every chance that presented itself.

I will be in touch....

Lineageholder

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 10:01:16 PM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab,

Safe journey to you, I rejoice in your pure wish to help!

I'm looking forward to hearing your reports about the effects of the Dalai Lama's ban 'from the frontline' as it were.  Many people think that because Shar Gaden and Serpom monasteries exist, the monks now have a home and there's no problem.  In fact, some supporters of the Dalai Lama have gone as far as to say that there is no ban because these monasteries exist so the monks are obviously free to practise Dorje Shugden, but I'm sure the everyday reality is quite different.  I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say about their living conditions and support (or lack of it!) from the local community.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 10:45:44 PM »
They had 3 computers available for surfing when I was there in October.  I would suggest updating a blog of your activities and experiences.  Good luck.

Good to know.

I have a blog started with the hope of keeping it going as much as possible while I am there.
Although I am not a skilled writer, I really would like to share my experience with others who are interested in what life is like there for the monks. Please feel free to leave comments to let me know you are out there.

http://friendsofjetsongkhapa.blogspot.com/

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 07:54:09 AM »
Below is a poster for the upcoming exams at Shar Gaden Monastery.
The exams will run through the end of April. I will be getting there a couple of weeks before classes resume. I am lucky that I will have some time to acclimate to life at Shar Gaden before things get busy again.