Author Topic: News from Shar Gaden  (Read 139332 times)

DSFriend

Re: News from Shar Gaden
« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2011, 05:11:37 PM »
In the end, he backed down when he realized that the people from Zemey Rinpoche's home monastery in Tibet, as well as all almost all of Zemey Rinpoche's prior students, would only accept the choice of our lineage Lamas here at Shar Gaden.

Dear TS
What you brought up is quite interesting. Now that Shar Gaden has split from Gaden Shartse, we will have young tulkus incarnating back. Who will have the authority to say where this Tulkus belongs to. Shar gaden? Gaden Shartse? And will we have more recognised emanations?

Helena

• Email
« Reply #271 on: March 07, 2011, 03:36:24 PM »
They have all the high Lamas and Throne-Holders in Shar Gaden and Serpom still alive and well. They can definitely verify.

In addition, they have the Shugden Oracles to confirm.

In time, or may be even now, they do not need the seal of approval from HHDL or the TGIE.

Helena

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #272 on: March 07, 2011, 04:56:15 PM »
They have all the high Lamas and Throne-Holders in Shar Gaden and Serpom still alive and well. They can definitely verify.

In addition, they have the Shugden Oracles to confirm.

In time, or may be even now, they do not need the seal of approval from HHDL or the TGIE.

I would imagine that HHDL and TGIE would currently be the last to acknowledge any reincarnations of Shugden lamas.

I'm curious though - that since HH Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche has become a lay person and disassociated himself with Shugdenpas, who looks after his ladrang at Shar Gaden? Does Trijang Rinpoche ever visit his ladrang?
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #273 on: March 07, 2011, 05:55:45 PM »
I'm curious though - that since HH Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche has become a lay person and disassociated himself with Shugdenpas, who looks after his ladrang at Shar Gaden? Does Trijang Rinpoche ever visit his ladrang?

Kyabje Trijang Chogtrul Rinpoche has not disassociated with anyone. He is private, but has not given up any of his connections with our lineage Lamas. I really respect the way he handles himself regarding this.

His labrang is looked after by Gen Choenze-la, a monk who has looked after the labrang since the days when Kyabje Trijang Chogtrul was a young monk there.

WoselTenzin

« Reply #274 on: March 08, 2011, 04:27:25 PM »
Below is a poster for the upcoming exams at Shar Gaden Monastery.
The exams will run through the end of April. I will be getting there a couple of weeks before classes resume. I am lucky that I will have some time to acclimate to life at Shar Gaden before things get busy again.

Seeing this Examination poster of Shar Gaden makes me feel that Dharma is still very much alive in spite of this degenerate age and there are highly learned monks who dedicate their whole life towards the study and practice of Dharma now still studying very hard to master subjects in Buddhism.

It is inspiring to see a Buddhist institution of higher learning bustling with activities such as exams, debates, pujas or classes. In this case it shows that Shar Gaden is a living Buddhist institution and not just a nice building with no real Dharma activities like many temples and religious institutions in the world. 

May Shar Gaden continue to flourish and be a centre that produce many qualified teachers to bring Dharma to the whole world.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #275 on: March 08, 2011, 06:03:39 PM »

Kyabje Trijang Chogtrul Rinpoche has not disassociated with anyone. He is private, but has not given up any of his connections with our lineage Lamas. I really respect the way he handles himself regarding this.

His labrang is looked after by Gen Choenze-la, a monk who has looked after the labrang since the days when Kyabje Trijang Chogtrul was a young monk there.

I'm glad to hear that. I had thought he did not wish to associate with Shugden practitioners because he didn't want to become a figurehead or icon for the pro-Shugden group. I respect him a lot too - that he would prefer to maintain a low profile and not criticise anyone. I sincerely hope Trijang Rinpoche will return to Shar Gaden soon.

Zach

« Reply #276 on: March 13, 2011, 07:43:12 AM »

I'm glad to hear that. I had thought he did not wish to associate with Shugden practitioners because he didn't want to become a figurehead or icon for the pro-Shugden group. I respect him a lot too - that he would prefer to maintain a low profile and not criticise anyone. I sincerely hope Trijang Rinpoche will return to Shar Gaden soon.

I would think after the Dalai lamas passing.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
(No subject)
« Reply #277 on: March 27, 2011, 01:18:08 PM »
Almost finished with the video project a few monks and I are working on. We are now editing and adding narration. I will post more details soon.

thaimonk

Re: (No subject)
« Reply #278 on: March 27, 2011, 05:15:14 PM »
Almost finished with the video project a few monks and I are working on. We are now editing and adding narration. I will post more details soon.

It will be good for the world to see this video so they can understand the dedication and fortitude of the monks of Shar Gaden Monastery.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #279 on: March 27, 2011, 05:51:36 PM »
Great to hear that, Tenzin Sungrab... always love to see and hear about what's going on at Shar Gaden and how dedicated the Sangha are there. Thank you for documenting life at Shar Gaden for people far away who are very interested like me! Look forward to the finished product!

DSFriend

« Reply #280 on: March 27, 2011, 07:42:03 PM »

Will he return and have his "permanent" abode in Shar Gaden or will he abide where he is to bring the Buddha Dharma and the protector practice to the west? ... just wondering...

thaimonk

« Reply #281 on: March 28, 2011, 03:55:12 AM »
Current Trijang Rinpoche is definitely associated with the Dorje Shugden groups and people although staying low key about it as to not attract too much of Tibetan Govt's attention. Tibet Govt being autocratic does not tolerate anyone who do not follow their policies fair or unfair.

A few months back a celebration of the anniversary of a Temple built by Guru Deva Rinpoche was held in Mongolia. The oracle of Shugden, Tulkus, Geshes, monks flew in to attend. Guru Deva Rinpoche had a huge fallout with the Tibetan Govt decades ago regarding the Shugden issue. Guru Deva is a very big sponsor and supporter of Trijang Rinpoche during his lifetime.

Trijang Rinpoche flew in to grace the celebrations with fellow Shugden practitioners in Mongolia. It was very successful and moving.

Helena

• Email
« Reply #282 on: March 29, 2011, 08:57:16 AM »
Current Trijang Rinpoche is definitely associated with the Dorje Shugden groups and people although staying low key about it as to not attract too much of Tibetan Govt's attention. Tibet Govt being autocratic does not tolerate anyone who do not follow their policies fair or unfair.

A few months back a celebration of the anniversary of a Temple built by Guru Deva Rinpoche was held in Mongolia. The oracle of Shugden, Tulkus, Geshes, monks flew in to attend. Guru Deva Rinpoche had a huge fallout with the Tibetan Govt decades ago regarding the Shugden issue. Guru Deva is a very big sponsor and supporter of Trijang Rinpoche during his lifetime.

Trijang Rinpoche flew in to grace the celebrations with fellow Shugden practitioners in Mongolia. It was very successful and moving.

Thanks for the news, Thai Monk.

That is so heart warming to know. I love it that all the high Lamas, Tulkus and Masters are all supporting one another and not divided at all. Shugden practitioners should take their lead and do the same.

It moves me deeply to just read this. I am sure it was really beautiful.
Helena

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
(No subject)
« Reply #283 on: March 30, 2011, 04:16:28 AM »
Hello friends,

Some good news:

A few Dharma friends of mine are in the process of launching a non-profit organization that will support the education of Shar Gaden and Serpom. The group is called Dharma Bridge Foundation. We are currently working on two projects: sponsoring an English teacher for Serpom and sponsoring 800 textbooks for the English classes; 100 books per class level 1-8.

Find the Dharma Bridge Foundation on facebook and give them your support.
We have also started a website, dharmabridge.org that is still under construction.

I will update again when I have time. Thank you.

T.S.
Duke

Mana

« Reply #284 on: March 30, 2011, 05:48:02 PM »
How kind the participants in the past has donated to various causes of Shar Gaden raised through this thread and others. This forum is indeed important and beneficial.

We at www.dorjeshugden.com fully support the growth and practice of Dorje Shugden through his various centres.

Mana