Author Topic: News from Shar Gaden  (Read 138804 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: News from Shar Gaden
« Reply #255 on: February 28, 2011, 08:42:17 AM »
See the photos below of progress of the clinic at Shar Gaden which is currently under construction! These pictures were taken from Shar Gaden's facebook at (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=167779766606485&id=100001233886452&aid=57235).

It's so amazing how much growth there is at this monastery, despite the fact that there is no support from the TGIE at all. To me, this is simply concrete proof of Dorje Shugden's authenticity.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #256 on: February 28, 2011, 03:51:56 PM »
Link to the preliminary session of the Maha Gutor Puja.

Small | Large

DSFriend

« Reply #257 on: February 28, 2011, 08:24:39 PM »
Thank you TS for the video link of Maha Gutor Puja.

Watching and listening to the holy monks chanting and playing the ritual instruments in unison is so captivating.

Never fails to inspire me, seeing and reflecting how these monks dedicate their whole life to studying, contemplating, prayers,.. lives dedicated to become enlightened!

WisdomBeing

« Reply #258 on: March 02, 2011, 11:35:17 AM »
Thank you Tenzin Sungrab! Please keep more videos coming. It is so inspiring to see glimpses of Shar Gaden! I liked all the ritual instruments very much. What do all the instruments signify? Like the long horn, cymbals etc? What do you call the big green and white drums?

Did you film this?

cheers!

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Message?
« Reply #259 on: March 02, 2011, 01:02:13 PM »
The video was created by one of the monks here at Shar Gaden.

Some of here at the monastery are currently working on a project called Life at Shar Gaden. When completed, this will be about an hour and a half long video detailing daily life here at the monastery.  A few friends and I have been working on the plans, but we haven't started filming yet. We are waiting for further approval from the abbot and several Lamas. We are also trying to find a decent video camera.
We hope to get started soon.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #260 on: March 02, 2011, 01:31:42 PM »
thanks for the quick reply Tenzin... always can count on you for news.. please do keep it up! By the way, for a British national like myself, is it easy to get to Shar Gaden? Do I need a special permit or can I just visit? And is there anywhere for foreigners to stay nearby? I'm just considering options for the summer.

DSFriend

« Reply #261 on: March 03, 2011, 09:52:27 AM »
HI Wisdom Being
I hope it works out for you to visit Shar Gaden in the summer. :)

TS
I look forward to hearing more details regarding logistics. It will be very beneficial for whoever who plans to go visit.
Thanks for you kind help.

cheers

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #262 on: March 05, 2011, 10:28:13 AM »
thanks for the quick reply Tenzin... always can count on you for news.. please do keep it up! By the way, for a British national like myself, is it easy to get to Shar Gaden? Do I need a special permit or can I just visit? And is there anywhere for foreigners to stay nearby? I'm just considering options for the summer.

Hello friends,

Yes, a special permit is required. It is called a Protected Area Permit. It is needed to stay in any Tibatan colony in India. If you are only going to visit for one or two days, the permit really isn't that important, however, if you stay longer it is needed or it could cause problems for the monastery if you do not have one. The P.A.P takes about 3 months to receive once you have sent in your application. Shar Gaden can help with the filing. There is also a small fee, but it is minimal.

Another option is to stay in the Indian city of Hubli, which is about an hour away from the monastery. There are many hotels, and it is relatively easy to get to and from Shar Gaden from there.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #263 on: March 05, 2011, 03:30:18 PM »
Thank you for the info, Tenzin. It'll be useful to anyone who would like to visit these great monasteries! Another reason i love this website is that it is full of useful and constructive information which forum participants like you give to HELP people! :)

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #264 on: March 05, 2011, 04:35:37 PM »
The former Tseme Rinpoche's personal thanka of Dorje Shugden in the main audience room of Tseme labrang.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #265 on: March 05, 2011, 04:44:14 PM »

The former Tseme Rinpoche's personal thanka of Dorje Shugden in the main audience room of Tseme labrang.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Message?
« Reply #266 on: March 06, 2011, 04:45:15 AM »
Sorry, the above should read: Zimey Rinpoche...

WisdomBeing

« Reply #267 on: March 06, 2011, 01:47:51 PM »
Thank you Tenzin - that's an awesome Thangka!!

From this article (http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=376), it says that Zemey Rinpoche's new incarnation was found in Tibet. Could you please tell me if he is now in Shar Gaden or is he still in Tibet? Who is in Zemey Ladrang now? Would love more info, pics etc!

Thanking you in advance!

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #268 on: March 06, 2011, 04:09:32 PM »
The current Kyabje Zemey Tulku Rinpoche is still at his home monastery in Tibet. A geshe friend here was a close student of the prior Zemey Rinpoche and just returned from visiting the young tulku in Tibet.
He may reside at Shar Gaden someday though. Many of the prior Zemey Rinpoche's students are now senior monks here at Shar Gaden, and it was these students, as well as a few Rinpoches here, that helped locate the present tulku.
I was told that Thupten Jimpa, the Dalai Lama's English translator and student of the late Zemey Rinpoche, tried to interfere with the process and promote his own choice as the true tulku. In the end, he backed down when he realized that the people from Zemey Rinpoche's home monastery in Tibet, as well as all almost all of Zemey Rinpoche's prior students, would only accept the choice of our lineage Lamas here at Shar Gaden.

RIght now there are over 20 monks living in Zemey labrang. I will try to get more pictures if I get time.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #269 on: March 06, 2011, 05:04:08 PM »
Thanks Tenzin Sungrab. Sad to hear about the politics of recognition. I guess that is why certain traditions do not want to get involved in the tulku issue. However, despite the politics, I still think the Tulku tradition is a good one as long as those high Lamas who are confirming the recognitions are highly qualified and have integrity above all.

Look forward to seeing more pics of Zemey Ladrang. Any other ladrangs? Which are the largest ladrangs at Shar Gaden?