Author Topic: News from Shar Gaden  (Read 139428 times)

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Re: News from Shar Gaden
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2011, 03:21:16 PM »
Today there was a very powerful Torgya Protector Puja here at Shar Gaden. I did get some pictures and a few short videos, but will have to wait for a better connection to upload them.

I hope to post them soon.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #241 on: January 24, 2011, 04:26:04 PM »

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #242 on: January 24, 2011, 04:44:03 PM »

DharmaSpace

« Reply #243 on: January 24, 2011, 08:11:02 PM »
Thank you Tenzin Sungrab for sharing pictures from Shar Gaden, it certainly gives many Dorje Shugden practitioners a lot of hope and encouragement!

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #244 on: January 29, 2011, 02:12:17 PM »
Here is a picture of some of the Dorje Shugden tsa tsas my friend and his student made here at Shar Gaden. They were made using many holy relics from Kyabje Yongdzin Trijang Rinpoche Dorje Chang.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #245 on: February 11, 2011, 06:28:40 PM »
Nice news to share (edited lightly) from Shar Gaden facebook:

On 7th, Feb 2011, monks of Shar Gaden monks assembled at the New Debate court-yard for the evening dharmic session (prior to debate session) while Dalai Lama was just 50 meters away conducting his program at Shartse debate field....the session was also attended by those who never appear around (mostly staffs) who were highly energized.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

WisdomBeing

« Reply #246 on: February 22, 2011, 06:04:57 PM »
More wonderful news from Shar Gaden  - this is a photo of the construction progress of their new accommodation building. It's such great news to hear that Shar Gaden is expanding and that this large building will be able to accommodate more monks who will be Dorje Shugden practitioners!

Helena

• Email
« Reply #247 on: February 22, 2011, 06:49:21 PM »
Hey WB, I was just looking at that news in my Facebook!

It is wonderful news that Shar Gaden is EXPANDING - more accommodation buildings being constructed means more monks can be accepted into the monastery. Now, they can't be building more and getting bigger for no apparent reason, now can they?

What more proof do we need that Dorje Shugden practice will grow bigger and become more wide spread?

This is indeed news to rejoice about.

Imagine a whole new generation of Dorje Shugden Lamas are coming and they will keep "coming".

Which reminds me of an old saying, "If you build it, they will come."

The best thing of all, the Dorje Shugden lamas and high lamas can come back again and again - over lifetimes.

;D
Helena

WisdomBeing

« Reply #248 on: February 23, 2011, 03:39:57 PM »
If anyone wants to support Shar Gaden monks, there are three monks seeking sponsorship, aged 11, 14 and 16.
Please do contact Shar Gaden directly so you know exactly where your money is going: [email protected]  Skype: jamtharbolo:

(extracted from http://shargadenpa.org/help-student - please go to their link to see photos of the monks)

Name: Lobsang Namgyal
Nationality: Nepali
ID No. SGM/800/10
Lobsang Namgyal has joined Shar Gaden Monastery lately with a good motivation to study hard and benefit other sentient beings.He came from Nepal leaving behind all his worldly unwholesome deeds to become a good person by practicing the path shown by the Gautam Buddha. He needs a great help to buy educational accessories, monk’s robe, health requirement and so forth. At his initial stage of student life, such support plays vital role and it stabilizes with your timely generosity.

Name: Lobsang Sonam
ID No. SGM/801/10
Lobsang Sonam is a fresh student who was born in a remote area of Himalaya and is from a Buddhist family background which he feels very fortunate. He joined Shar Gaden after his parents had consented as per his aspiration to be a monk and sent him to South India along with some other novices.  Since his enrollment, he has been very active and interested on every subjects that are being taught in the school. In order to carry his educational journey farther smoothly, he needs your support for this noble cause. Your small support makes great impact.

Name: Lobsang Choklang
ID No. SGM/802/10
Lobsang Choklang joined Shar Gaden in 2007. Currently he is studying in 4rth grade. He is considered as one of the honest student amongst all, when not sitting in any puja or class sessions, he sincerely dedicates most of his time serving his resident master Laka Rinpoche, he follows wherever his master goes like body and shadow. He is very much inspired by the guru devotion practice of Naropa (Indian yogi 956–1041) who spent 12 long year with his teacher Tilopa serving with the greatest loyalty. Your support will enable his spiritual life continue for many years.

beggar

« Reply #249 on: February 23, 2011, 05:03:52 PM »
More wonderful news from Shar Gaden  - this is a photo of the construction progress of their new accommodation building. It's such great news to hear that Shar Gaden is expanding and that this large building will be able to accommodate more monks who will be Dorje Shugden practitioners!

This looks huge! What news to rejoice in.

In spite of all the accusations and allegations levelled against Dorje Shugden practitioners, this huge expansion is all the "evidence" that the world needs to see just how much they are making Dharma grow and bringing Dharma to so many more Sangha. What dharma protector, who assists in this, can be "evil" like they claim?

I'd like to see how many people TGIE have influenced into Dharma? Or how many buildings they have been able to fundraise for and build, purely to make Dharma practice available to more people?

WisdomBeing

« Reply #250 on: February 24, 2011, 06:18:49 PM »

This looks huge! What news to rejoice in.

In spite of all the accusations and allegations levelled against Dorje Shugden practitioners, this huge expansion is all the "evidence" that the world needs to see just how much they are making Dharma grow and bringing Dharma to so many more Sangha. What dharma protector, who assists in this, can be "evil" like they claim?

I'd like to see how many people TGIE have influenced into Dharma? Or how many buildings they have been able to fundraise for and build, purely to make Dharma practice available to more people?

What i find so amazing is that despite all odds stacked against them - all the influence of the TGIE and the instructions of HH the Dalai Lama, the lack of support and funds from TGIE etc - these monasteries are flourishing and expanding. It can only be due to their good samaya with their Gurus and the protection of Dorje Shugden.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #251 on: February 24, 2011, 07:01:10 PM »
When completed, the new monk's quarters will have 3 floors, with over 75 new rooms. If they assign 3 monks to a room, like they do in the other monk's quarters of the monastery (some rooms now have 4 monks), that is space enough for over 225 monks.

There is also a seperate facility that is almost completed that is 4 stories high with 40 new rooms. This is room for another 120 monks. This new facility is located across the road from Kuten-la's residence.

That is space for 350 monks.

With over 700 monks here now, and room for over 350 more, Shar Gaden will have the ability to house well over a thousand monks. There is also land that could still be developed if needed to build even more housing.

When I first came here back in April of 2010, there were about 450 monks. In less than a year that has almost doubled. If this pace continues, Shar Gaden will soon be the largest monastery in the area.

Wouldn't that be something!?

Helena

• Email
« Reply #252 on: February 24, 2011, 08:46:21 PM »
Wow, that would be something, TS!

Thank you for all the wonderful updates.

It's so wonderful to be reading all this.

Dorje Shugden is growing - love the part where you say its doubled!

Rejoice!  :)
Helena

DSFriend

« Reply #253 on: February 25, 2011, 09:53:36 AM »
Dear TS

Thank you for the update on this project.

From which monastery are these new monks coming from?

much thanks

Helena

• Email
« Reply #254 on: February 25, 2011, 06:45:47 PM »
Look at what the monastery is doing - the monks came out with a new book.

Please read why they have undertaken this project.

It is truly heart warming.

I have taken the liberty to highlight the words which moved me deeply in BLUE.

Shar Gaden School has recently published a monthly magazine called “The Melodic Song of Undiluted Vows” “Tibetan Version” which consists poetry, essay, tales, drawings etc composed by the students themselves. Ven Principal Lobsang Jamyang & and the members of the library had been working on this project for many days and had collected every piece of composition from the composers but due to assembly of usual pujas and other commitments, there had been a little delay in publishing this magazine.

As Ven principal says ” at initial state of this project, there had been diverse problem from many aspects such as; lack of leisure time for the student to compose-even thought we have a holiday once in a week, we spend it on washing our robes and cleaning surrounding. And then there’s a financial lack which is a major problem whatever we use-we have to pay for it without any regular income or revenue. We never intend to make profits when publishing books etc instead intend to spread an awareness of how important a pure lineage is and how costly it would be if we lose it carelessly. A pure lineage of one tradition is everything ! One could not imagine, in the past, how many masters  had dedicated their entire lives facing great hardship only for sack of pure lineage. It would be a great lose if we let the pure lineage contaminated. We are very please that our friends around the world are as very much concerned as we are, which is a priceless and a very encouraging. Such is the greatest backbone of one community ever could have.   “ohh” am I talking too much”  So finally, we are able to complete the project and I would like to express sincere thank to all-whoever involved in it and for extending great cooperation.  The essence of publishing this magazine is to promote education of the  students and to let our esteemed friends know what the students think by this interactive  manner. So therefore, we welcome your feedback, comments and suggestion so that we can improve farther.”

For feedback, comment, suggestion or to order-kindly write us @ [email protected]

Mailing address:

Shar Gaden School
Lama Camp#1, PO Tibetan Colony,
Mundgod-581411, Distt karwar, KS
INDIA

Source: http://shargadenpa.org/new-book

Truly, there is really no comparison to what the Sangha has to go through and endures for the sake of Dharma.

The rest of us have it so easy and so lucky.

We can sit back and have the Gurus and Dharma come to us.

We can choose to practise or not to practise, and even when we feel like abandoning our practice at certain times.

To the Sangha, their Dharma practice is their very life essence!

My deepest respect to the Sangha, who work so tirelessly to keep the Dharma alive and available for the rest of us.

My deepest gratitude to all the Sangha in the world!

With folded hands.
Helena