Author Topic: News from Shar Gaden  (Read 139351 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: News from Shar Gaden
« Reply #195 on: October 13, 2010, 06:32:53 AM »
Here are some more photos of this event very kindly shared by Shar Gaden...

Photos of :
the Annual Consecration Ritual
The Venerable Abbot, Lobsang Phende who is the Preceptor
Lama Lobsang Yeshi and the Chant Master Lobsang Samphel

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

pgdharma

« Reply #196 on: October 14, 2010, 02:28:19 PM »
Thank you Wisdom Being for posting and sharing these photos with us :)

Helena

• Email
« Reply #197 on: October 17, 2010, 03:02:05 AM »
Thank you, WB for the photos and updates from Shar Gaden.

It is so beautiful that the monks can continue to do their prayers, learning and practice.

Shar Gaden and Serpom Monastery's existence is proof that nothing can stop us from practising Dorje Shugden, if we really believe in HIM and go all the way.

Also, if HHDL really wanted to - he can also easily allow the TGIE to close down these monasteries. If HHDL really wanted to, HH can do so much more to completely end the practice of Dorje Shugden.

But till today, Shar Gaden continues to exist, and so does Serpom.

In fact, I would not be surprised to see more and more DS monasteries will rise, or existing DS monasteries grow and expand at such light speeds.

This is all about finding new and creative ways to continue what we truly believe in and not just give up or be embroiled in negativities.

Things do not always have to be easy and rosy. I guess, when things are least rosy and easy - that is when one can feel and experience the power of one's practice. How we rise above each challenge is a testament to how powerful Dorje Shugden really is.

The KING is GREAT and MIGHTY!

May we all embody his qualities through and through!
Helena

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #198 on: October 17, 2010, 07:26:27 AM »
Wow - here are some more photos from Day 2 of the consecration ritual at Shar Gaden.

Hope you like them as much as I do.

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

triesa

« Reply #199 on: October 17, 2010, 03:13:35 PM »
Thank you Wisdom Being for updating us with all these wonderful photos from Shar Gaden.

Much appreciation.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2010, 10:35:17 PM »
Here is a link to the utube video of the concecration ceremony:

Small | Large

triesa

« Reply #201 on: October 18, 2010, 02:59:36 AM »
Thank Tenzin Sungrab for the video. It is the first time I see a consecration ceremony. I wonder what is the significance of the elaborate ceremonial hats? And what is the orange band that the monks put on their forehead from time to time?

Thank You.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #202 on: October 18, 2010, 04:37:24 AM »
My understanding is that the band on the head  symbolises that you have a permission to visualize deities and perform tantric pujas and ritual. I think the crown, which has 5 points, symbolises the 5 dhyana Buddhas and is fairly common in elaborate pujas but I am sure ther is much more to it than that. I am sure someone else can explain it in more detail.

This is only my opinion based on what information I was given.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 04:41:58 AM by Tenzin Sungrab »

triesa

« Reply #203 on: October 19, 2010, 03:12:53 PM »
Thank you Tenzin Sungrab. Just want to know do the monks need to be at a certain level before they are qualified to wear those elaborate crowns on their head? If yes, what level do they need to be?

Thank you.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #204 on: October 19, 2010, 04:07:16 PM »

I would guess that these are monks who have done retreat on Yamantaka and therefore are qualified. Yamantaka is the deity often invoked for such pujas.

I will ask one of the monks next time I am on Skype with them.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 04:10:07 PM by Tenzin Sungrab »

DSFriend

« Reply #205 on: October 19, 2010, 04:32:43 PM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab

Thank you for the photos and all. Keep up the good work in Shar Gaden!

take care
dsfriend

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #206 on: October 19, 2010, 05:01:15 PM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab

Thank you for the photos and all. Keep up the good work in Shar Gaden!

take care
dsfriend

I am actually not at Shar at the moment. I am in L.A. visiting my sick mother. I will be returning to Shar in January. I do keep in daily contact with Shar Gaden though.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 05:03:23 PM by Tenzin Sungrab »

triesa

« Reply #207 on: October 19, 2010, 11:55:57 PM »
Thank you Tenzin Sungrab. I hope your mother will get well soon. My prayers with her.

Triesa.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #208 on: October 20, 2010, 03:35:38 AM »
Today Shar Gaden had a special puja in honor of the anniversary of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche's parinirvana. The puja was held at the newly renovated prayer hall at Trijang Ladrang. There were so many monks that many had to sit outside and participate from there. Many candles were lit and I was told that the mood was very joyous. Here is a picture from inside the prayer hall-
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 04:06:01 AM by Tenzin Sungrab »

Helena

• Email
« Reply #209 on: October 20, 2010, 06:37:28 PM »
Thanks for the pictures, TS and sorry to learn that your mother is not well. Hope she recovers soon.

I like reading all the updates from Shar Gaden very much. It is so heart warming and encouraging to know that there are so many monks and they are out-growing their prayer halls. This is indeed good news! There are more monks! They are the future teachers and masters - taking care of the next generation.

Breaking away and forming their own monastery is like the best thing that ever happened, although it came about in a very challenging manner. However, look at the greater benefits and positive impact that will come about from here on. They definitely outweigh the adversity and suffering they all ahd to endure.

I say this because things can only grow from here, and more Dorje Shugden monasteries will rise from now on. This is the beginning of a new era - the time of the great uncommon Protector!

The future will be written by Dorje Shugden!
Helena