Author Topic: News from Shar Gaden  (Read 138790 times)

jessicajameson

• Email
Re: News from Shar Gaden
« Reply #180 on: August 28, 2010, 06:18:05 PM »
Dear TS,

Thank you so much for sharing the photo of the debate! Does that happen everyday? Also, is there like a Great Debate once a year? Or anything of the like?

I took a look at the link you shared, regarding the ceremony in Mongolia..I thought that Trijang Rinpoche has cut all ties with anything DS-related?

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #181 on: September 04, 2010, 08:29:59 AM »
Just noticed that on http://shargadenmonastery.blogspot.com/, there's a banner on the front page for dorjeshugden.com.. Cool!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

thor

« Reply #182 on: September 05, 2010, 07:49:09 PM »
Just noticed that on http://shargadenmonastery.blogspot.com/, there's a banner on the front page for dorjeshugden.com.. Cool!

It doesnt link to the website though, just to the image. Perhaps Tenzin Sungrab could ask them to link it to this website directly?

WisdomBeing

« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2010, 11:16:43 AM »

It doesnt link to the website though, just to the image. Perhaps Tenzin Sungrab could ask them to link it to this website directly?

I'll pop Tenzin Sungrab a note on this..  maybe the monks are not very tech savvy but hopefully TS can give them a hand!

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2010, 02:11:29 PM »
Hmm,

I am not sure exactly what you are talking about. When I click the link it goes directly to the blog. The blog that you linked is the old Shar Gaden blog. It is no longer updated. I am not really sure why Jampa switched to a new blog.

I believe the new blog links directly to the official website.

Even the new blog has been somewhat neglected due to lack of time to update.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #185 on: September 06, 2010, 02:18:47 PM »
The summer retreat (Yar-ney) is finished tomorrow after the morning Sojong. There will then be a week of Gayee - the celebration time. Monks will finally have freetime after a month and a half of retreat. I look forward to spending some relaxing time with the monks here.

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #186 on: September 08, 2010, 05:47:42 PM »
Sounds like an odd question, but what do the monks do in their free time??

Over on this end, free time = crashing on the couch to catch up on DVDS, or going for a picnic!  :P

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #187 on: September 09, 2010, 03:14:06 AM »
Many just relax in their rooms. Some play football (soccer)
Some listen to a little music. It is very nice to see the monks relax after such a rigorous period of study.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #188 on: September 10, 2010, 05:29:53 AM »
101 new students just arrived here at Shar Gaden to ordain as novices. Most of them are young children from very poor villages in Nepal. I will post pictures when I have more time.

Also, today is Tendar Rinpoche's birthday! I will be spending the afternoon with him at his residence...eating cake and playing games! I can't wait.

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #189 on: September 10, 2010, 08:32:44 PM »
101 new students just arrived here at Shar Gaden to ordain as novices. Most of them are young children from very poor villages in Nepal. I will post pictures when I have more time.

Also, today is Tendar Rinpoche's birthday! I will be spending the afternoon with him at his residence...eating cake and playing games! I can't wait.

Thank you Tenzin Sungrab for wonderful news from Shar Gaden always and rejoice for your work there!

Wow, 101 new students!!!!!!

I remember one of my Dharma sister staying in Nepal told me how "difficult" it was for Shugden monastery/ monks in Nepal at the height of the controversy to receive support and new students. Also, I read that Shugden monastery in Kathmandu were under a lot of pressure to give up the practice.

Looks like the cloudy days are starting to clear...

WisdomBeing

« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2010, 08:57:47 AM »
This was a video of Tendar Rinpoche's birthday from Tenzin Sungrab - but i don't know if the link works here. It's very cute.

Small | Large

If it doesn't work, just go to my facebook because i reposted it. (http://www.facebook.com/wisdombeing)

WisdomBeing

« Reply #191 on: September 19, 2010, 04:03:54 PM »
I just saw this on Shar Gaden's facebook:

The conclusion of this year's Summer Retreat (varshavas) on the Posadha day (a day for purification and restoration of monks vows) or bi-monthly confession of monks...simultaneously, It is also a beginning of a week-long holiday (Gaye)...

Cool to know that the monastery has holidays as Tenzin Sungrab had said earlier.

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #192 on: September 22, 2010, 07:02:17 PM »

I'm very happy to hear about the arrival of new students. From these students, potential great teachers may arise for the benefit of many.
tk

Helena

• Email
« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2010, 06:13:56 AM »

I'm very happy to hear about the arrival of new students. From these students, potential great teachers may arise for the benefit of many.
tk

We shall have hope in the form of these future Gurus of Dorje Shugden and they will be around to benefit the next generation. May the cycle and lineage always continue in the most beneficial way.

Here's to a future where the "SUN" will always "SHINE".
Helena

WisdomBeing

« Reply #194 on: October 07, 2010, 05:39:48 AM »

Dear fellow forum people,

I just read this on Shar Gaden's website and they are offering opportunities for sponsoring offerings to the Sangha on consecration ritual days, starting tomorrow until Sunday.

http://shargadenpa.org/consecration-ritual-days

If anyone is interested to sponsor offerings for them (fantastic opp to get merits!) - do contact them directly - the email address is there!