Author Topic: Online petition for investigation Dagri rinpoches sexual misconduct  (Read 18505 times)

Drolma

Re: Online petition for investigation Dagri rinpoches sexual misconduct
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2019, 06:16:54 AM »
I really do hope that the nuns will not relent in their push for the investigation into the Dagri Rinpoche's sexual assault cases. Even now, Dagri Rinpoche is playing the Indian courts by having the case postponed to the 18th June. Says he needs an Indian translator. As if the court's translator is not good enough or that he can't understand Hindi. Having been in India for so many years, Dagri Rinpoche is fluent in Hindi. Let's see what other excuses does he come out with on the 18th of June. For one who proclaims his innocence, Dagri Rinpoche sure don't seem to want his case resolved swiftly. Too bad. The waning support for the Tibetans in exile is seeing India not allowing cases like this being swept under the carpet anymore. Sorry, Dagri Rinpoche! You are a little too late. Just not your luck cos people like Sogyal Rinpoche got away with his cases. Now people are crying for blood and not about to let you go!

I hope Dagri Rinpoche will not be able to get away from the crime he has committed. If he is really innocent, why did he want to postpone the court date? If he is really innocent, he will want to prove that immediately because it is tough to live with an accusation like that. Besides, with this accusation, he will not be able to continue to teach. If he is innocent and he is sincere, he should go to the court as soon as possible to clear his name.

It is impossible he is not good in English or Hindi, the reason he gives is not very convincing. It looks like he just wants to buy time so he does not have to face the public and the victims. I hope he will not tell the court that he was trying to purify the Indian woman's negative karma when they were on the plane.

Lama Zopa should have read or heard about how other people said about the public statement he released via FPMT. Why is Lama Zopa so insistent on his statement? It was a very bad move for him. I am not sure about others but my respect for him has reduced after reading what he wrote. It was very disappointing.

Alex

• Email
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2019, 12:03:59 AM »
I really do hope that the nuns will not relent in their push for the investigation into the Dagri Rinpoche's sexual assault cases. Even now, Dagri Rinpoche is playing the Indian courts by having the case postponed to the 18th June. Says he needs an Indian translator. As if the court's translator is not good enough or that he can't understand Hindi. Having been in India for so many years, Dagri Rinpoche is fluent in Hindi. Let's see what other excuses does he come out with on the 18th of June. For one who proclaims his innocence, Dagri Rinpoche sure don't seem to want his case resolved swiftly. Too bad. The waning support for the Tibetans in exile is seeing India not allowing cases like this being swept under the carpet anymore. Sorry, Dagri Rinpoche! You are a little too late. Just not your luck cos people like Sogyal Rinpoche got away with his cases. Now people are crying for blood and not about to let you go!

I hope Dagri Rinpoche will not be able to get away from the crime he has committed. If he is really innocent, why did he want to postpone the court date? If he is really innocent, he will want to prove that immediately because it is tough to live with an accusation like that. Besides, with this accusation, he will not be able to continue to teach. If he is innocent and he is sincere, he should go to the court as soon as possible to clear his name.

It is impossible he is not good in English or Hindi, the reason he gives is not very convincing. It looks like he just wants to buy time so he does not have to face the public and the victims. I hope he will not tell the court that he was trying to purify the Indian woman's negative karma when they were on the plane.

Lama Zopa should have read or heard about how other people said about the public statement he released via FPMT. Why is Lama Zopa so insistent on his statement? It was a very bad move for him. I am not sure about others but my respect for him has reduced after reading what he wrote. It was very disappointing.

I don't think Dagri can get away with his crime this time. It is not like the time when His Holiness the Dalai Lama is very close to the Indian government and they have to give him some face. Now the Indian government is maintaining a distance with His Holiness because they are trying to get on China's good books.

On the other hand, the public had experienced these kinds of issues recently and there is a huge uproar where everyone is extremely sensitive to sexual abuse cases. The last high profile lama that got into the same kind of mess was Sogyal and he was not persecuted for some reason.

The public will be more alert and cautious now especially when it comes to the high lama who is powerful and close to His Holiness the Dalai Lama to make sure he does not get off the hook for his crimes just like Sogyal.

SabS

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2019, 10:18:48 PM »

I don't think Dagri can get away with his crime this time. It is not like the time when His Holiness the Dalai Lama is very close to the Indian government and they have to give him some face. Now the Indian government is maintaining a distance with His Holiness because they are trying to get on China's good books.

On the other hand, the public had experienced these kinds of issues recently and there is a huge uproar where everyone is extremely sensitive to sexual abuse cases. The last high profile lama that got into the same kind of mess was Sogyal and he was not persecuted for some reason.

The public will be more alert and cautious now especially when it comes to the high lama who is powerful and close to His Holiness the Dalai Lama to make sure he does not get off the hook for his crimes just like Sogyal.

Isn't it interesting that they vilified the Dorje Shugden Lamas and yet these sexual predators who caused greater harm to the integrity of Tibetan Buddhism are just treated with a gentle slap of the wrist (if any at all)? Dorje Shugden Lamas have proven themselves to value their practices more than public popularity. In standing against the pressure and threats from the Tibetan Leaders and anti-DS people, to uphold their Guru samaya and faith in their lineage masters, these Lamas holds their practices higher than indulgence into the trappings of samsara. It is really warped how the people could vilify pure practitioners and accept corrupted ones with whatever excuses they could convince themselves. Very wrong! Dagri Rinpoche's case is very important in seeing whether a new precedent will be set and justice be given to the victims.

Alex

• Email
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2019, 06:27:02 PM »
It does not make sense that CTA persecutes Dorje Shugden practitioners more than sexual abusers like Sogyal or Sikyong Mipham. Dorje Shugden practitioners are persecuted based on their belief system while they did nothing that violates the law.

Sogyal or Sikyong Mipham had abused their female students sexually and did a lot of nasty things that harmed their students. What they did are against the law and they created a lot of suffering on the victims. While CTA has a dedicated section on their website to talk against Dorje Shugden practice and the practitioners, they did nothing regarding the sexual abuse by high lamas in Tibetan Buddhism.

In fact, they did not prosecute the sexual offenders properly and let them go with a very light punishment. Meanwhile, Dorje Shugden practitioners are condemned to be worst than sexual offenders and they are to be segregated from the community at all cost. They are even being denied of basic human needs such as healthcare and education.