Author Topic: Who is doing a better job in preserving Tibetan culture? China or the CTA?  (Read 9037 times)

Dondrup Shugden

Thank you all for the very relevant and interesting conversations on who is doing more for Tibetan Culture, CTA or China?

In most cases, results are the relevant measurements.  Obviously China is doing more for Tibetans in China than CTA for Tibetans in exile.

It is my humble view that CTA has done very little for Tibetans in exile as many have left India for other countries in the world.

Tibet is very much publicised by China to the world both for its culture and medical expertise.  China has incorporated Tibet as part of her national pride and made much headway to improve the lives of her Tibetan citizen.

CTA has created chaos within the Buddhist world. Is there anything left for comparison?

Belinda Mae

I must say that China is doing a better job in preserving the Tibetan. This is because China is big and they have the capacity and money to do it rather than CTA whereby the money that received did not put into good use. I'm just wondering where did all the money went to? The CTA need to be more transparent to the people. China has been doing their best to promote and to boost Tibet's tourism and economy. What is CTA doing on the other hand? Cut people from their freedom of speech? Punish people when they fight for their freedom? They should focus more on how to help the condition of the Tibetan people.

Richardlaktam

• Email
China's economy is growing, we all know that they have been helping other country in term of financial and monetary in other country's economy growth as well. Thus, I think it won't be surprise that they will help Tibet's growth also. And, whether China is doing it to provoke Dalai Lama or not, it doesn't matter. As long as people are benefited from it. This is just the beginning. Some people say China is helping other countries, but behind it they want to slowly manipulate their economy and concur the country. Whether China has has such bad intention or not? It doesn't matter. As long as it helps the growth of the global economy.

As we can compare the Tibetan in exile in India and the Tibetan in Tibet. What has CTA done other than creating all those discrimination and bans? And, what does CTA have in hand in order to grow or preserve the Tibet culture? It looks like they are doing more destroy to Tibetan culture than to preserving it. Needless to say, China is doing a better job in preserving Tibetan Culture. What has CTA got other than lending money from the west? Nothing. And now still lie the question, where does the money go?