Author Topic: Dalai Lama asks followers to preserve Tibet's cultural heritage  (Read 3114 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
I came across this news item and just wanted to share my thoughts on it.

1. How can HH Dalai Lama preach harmony when he is encouraging the Dorje Shugden ban? Schism is the very antithesis of harmony and he advocates schism by dividing his people against Dorje Shugden practitioners.

2. How can HH Dalai Lama preach morality when he is encouraging the Dorje Shugden ban? Morality means telling the truth, and the Dalai Lama is not telling the truth when he preaches religious harmony yet practices schism. Why nobody sees the inherent contradiction and hypocrisy is beyond me.

3. Preserving the Tibetan culture and heritage includes Dorje Shugden practice. However, the Dalai Lama and the CTA are doing their best to stamp it out.

Dalai Lama asks followers to preserve Tibet's cultural heritage
ANI  |  Dharamshala  March 12, 2014 Last Updated at 14:28 IST
http://www.business-standard.com/article/news-ani/dalai-lama-asks-followers-to-preserve-tibet-s-cultural-heritage-114031200471_1.html

On the occasion of inaugurating a new building of Tibet's parliament-in-exile here, Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, preached morality, sense of duty and harmony while addressing the parliamentarians-in-exile.

Hundreds thronged outside the newly constructed building to catch a glimpse of the Dalai Lama, as he arrived to address members of 15th Tibetan Parliament during their annual budget session.

Speaker of Tibetan parliament-in-exile, Penpa Tsering, said they were honoured and delighted to have the Dalai Lama addressing the gathering.

"He focused on the three most important responsibilities that he has been handling for last so many decades of promoting moral value, universal responsibility, religious harmony as well as responsibility of being a Tibetan," said Tsering.

During Tuesday's meeting, the Dalai Lama said that Tibetan culture and heritage needs to be preserved for the cause of Tibet's struggle.

The 78-year-old leader also inspired ministers present to work hard to achieve freedom.

The ministers came from all across the country to listen to the Dalai Lama's speech.

"It's a very rare occasion, especially after he devolved his political power to the elected leader, to hear him and see him in the parliamentary building. I didn't want to miss this opportunity. Hence, I came all the way from Bangalore to be a part of this," said a Tibetan parliamentarian-in-exile, B. Tsering.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

icy

Re: Dalai Lama asks followers to preserve Tibet's cultural heritage
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 09:30:09 AM »
I came across this news item and just wanted to share my thoughts on it.

1. How can HH Dalai Lama preach harmony when he is encouraging the Dorje Shugden ban? Schism is the very antithesis of harmony and he advocates schism by dividing his people against Dorje Shugden practitioners.

2. How can HH Dalai Lama preach morality when he is encouraging the Dorje Shugden ban? Morality means telling the truth, and the Dalai Lama is not telling the truth when he preaches religious harmony yet practices schism. Why nobody sees the inherent contradiction and hypocrisy is beyond me.

3. Preserving the Tibetan culture and heritage includes Dorje Shugden practice. However, the Dalai Lama and the CTA are doing their best to stamp it out.

Isn't this a complete hypocrisy of the Dalai Lama?  The very essence that needed to be preserved in Tibetan cultural heritage, is in the form of a ban to be destroyed without a trace.  This is not credible and insincere on the part of the Dalai Lama.  Everything is opposite of what he is preaching on world stage.  He camouflages all things insane under his celebrity status.  Millions of people are being hurt by this prosecution on Dorje Shugden practice.  This hypocrisy, this discrimination, this prosecution, this ban on Dorje Shugden must stop!