Author Topic: Lama Osel and Lama Zopa together, as they should be  (Read 5181 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Lama Osel and Lama Zopa together, as they should be
« on: October 15, 2013, 02:50:07 AM »
I saw these lovely photos of Lama Osel and Lama Zopa on Facebook, Oct 2013 - photos by Ven. Roger Kunsang
and thought you would love to see them as I did...

The first pic is of Lama Zopa and Lama Osel in front of stupa at Kachoe Dechen Ling, CA

The other two pics are of Lama Zopa Rinpoche exercising with Lama Osel ... developing leg action and balance, playing soccer. They would throw the ball and Lama Zopa had to kick it back.

It is incredible to see Lama Zopa together with Lama Osel.. as if they were never apart - which in truth, i believe they never were.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: Lama Osel and Lama Zopa together, as they should be
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 03:39:54 AM »
just saw this lovely group picture which was taken at the same time as the others in my last post...
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

icy

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 10:43:51 AM »
Thank you Wisdom Being for these lovely pictures of Lama Osel and Lama Zopa.  I love them very much.  If FPMT heeds the advice of Yeshe (see http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/letter-from-yeshe-fpmt/), holding good samaya with their Lamas as well as practising well their body, speech and mind all will agus well for the organisation in the long run.

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 05:39:12 AM »
Thank you Wisdom Being for these lovely pictures of Lama Osel and Lama Zopa.  I love them very much.  If FPMT heeds the advice of Yeshe (see http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/letter-from-yeshe-fpmt/), holding good samaya with their Lamas as well as practising well their body, speech and mind all will agus well for the organisation in the long run.

Oh, well, might that not be complicated?  Since some of the FPMT follows the Dalai Lama who gave the appearance of breaking samaya with his root guru, Trijang Rinpoche?
  This link gives many details for the Dalai Lama's Shugden ban; Trijang Rinpoche was his root guru:
 http://truedalailama.com/?page_id=270

Rihanna

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 07:12:11 AM »
I am not surprise at all to see these photos because after reading this exerpt (which I have copied and pasted below from http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/letter-from-yeshe-fpmt/), I understand clearly why Lama Yeshe's present incarnation is not teaching.

Also never to criticize Dorje Shugden and the practices Lama gave us SO THAT HIS CURRENT INCARNATION CAN MANIFEST AS A DHARMA TEACHER. The only way his unmistaken current incarnation can manifest as a great dharma teacher again, is if his students keep samaya clean, free of politics and free of politically motivated actions in the name of dharma. Otherwise, it would be the responsibilities of the students if the current Lama Yeshe incarnation cannot perform the actions as he had set out to do. After all, if we as FPMT members criticize others who practice Dorje Shugden, then that will accumulate very heavy karma. Why? Because we destroy the faith of others in their gurus. Do we have the right to do that? Does Lama Zopa’s closeness with H.H. the Dalai Lama validate FPMT CENTRES AND MEMBERS TO BE SOME KIND OF SPIRITUAL POLICE? That type of spiritual arrogance will be the downfall of any dharma organization. IT IS CONTRARY TO THE SPIRIT OF LAMA YESHE’S ASPIRATIONS. We should reflect Lama Yeshe and Lama Zopa well, by never criticizing other sects, lamas, lineages, practices, Dorje Shugden, etc. Why? Because it contradicts Lama Yeshe’s Bodhicitta aspirations. We should not especially criticize lamas who are spiritual heirs of Sera, Gaden, Drepung or who are students of Pabongkha, Trijang, Zong Rinpoches. Why? Because they are OUR LINEAGE LAMAS ALSO AND THEY ALL PRACTICED DORJE SHUGDEN AS THEIR PRINCIPLE PROTECTOR.

hope rainbow

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 02:38:00 AM »
This is a curious situation, one that many have found themselves in, thorn between their loyalty towards the Dalai Lama and towards Lama Yeshe (and Dorje Shugden).

Shall we follow the instruction on the ban?
Shall we pretend to follow?
Shall we not follow?

What are the consequences?
How to reconcile both devotions?

A situation that is just like an obstacle, one that can actually turn into a powerful spiritual propeller, mighty and swift!

vajrastorm

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 12:29:36 PM »
It's nice to see Lama Osel and Lama Zopa together like this. It is to be hoped that Lama Osel will become as close to Lama Zopa as his previous incarnation had been. That warm camaraderie that Lama Yeshe and Lama Zopa used to share - will that ever return?

Lama Yeshe was undoubtedly a great devotee of Shugden right to the end of his life. Yet while he was devoted to Shugden, he continued to have unwavering respect for HH Dalai Lama. He was never a sycophant who bent in the direction of the winds of politics. He had deep Guru devotion for his Gurus from whom he had received the Shugden practice. Thus, when he lay dying, they came to him. Kyabje Zong Rinpoche came to his bedside.

There was a time when Lama Zopa had followed his Guru's instructions and practiced Shugden. The FPMT then turned away from Shugden, following what they had perceived as the Dalai Lama's instructions to stop practising Shugden, thus leaving others in great doubt as to their sincerity.  Did they coerce Lama Zopa into stopping his Shugden practice? What followed was a manifestation, on Lama Zopa's part,of the serious and dire consequences of not following the Guru's instructions: Lama Zopa had a severe stroke!

But prior to this Lama Osel had disrobed. Perhaps it will take a serious undertaking by the FPMT students of mending their samaya, before Lama Osel can return and is on track again.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 03:14:38 PM »
Just like good old times depicted in the picture attached. Lama Yeshe & Lama Zopa.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 01:02:22 PM »
The book "Reincarnation" by Vicki McKenzie was about the incarnation of Lama Yeshe as Lama Osel.  Lama Osel, since the age of a few months, had manifested accurate signs that his previous life was Lama Yeshe with his students.

It was sad that Lama Osel would have disrobed and FPMT denounced the worship of Dorje Shugden.

As nothing is permanent, let's hope that soon such great Lamas such as Trijang Rinpoche, Zong Rinpoche, Pabongka Rinpoche, Domo Rinpoche and of course Lama Osel will arise with their teaching and devotion to Dorje Shugden. And in these degenerate times, many will benefit.