Author Topic: A sharing of an experience at a Dorje Shugden Empowerment  (Read 4010 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
A sharing of an experience at a Dorje Shugden Empowerment
« on: August 07, 2013, 10:20:22 AM »
It really lifted my heart to read this experience and look at the photos of this empowerment. I hope that more people will attend the NKT centres and create a personal relationship with Dorje Shugden, through the kindness of Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.

Kadampa Summer 2013 - Day 9 We’ve arrived at the heart of the festival – the empowerment. Isn’t it amazing what the mind can create? Genla Kunsang began by explaining that she was visualizing Geshe Kelsang at her heart and that she felt that the empowerment was being transmitted through him.

Then skilfully, gently, lightly, she guided us through the empowerment ritual and we followed along, collectively believing, concentrating, imagining. And I think we all felt the amazing blessing that exists within the lineage of the empowerment kicking in. An impure mind creates an impure world. A pure mind creates a pure world. Genla encouraged us to temporarily forget our impure world, and to imagine together the very best world, Heruka’s pure land. And because such a pure land actually exists, when we imagine it and believe in it, we experience it, are empowered by it, and create the cause to actually attain it.

What an amazing possibility that Geshe Kelsang has introduced in to our modern world. And it is marvellous to see it now being transmitted through his disciples. You could have heard a pin drop, so strong was the concentration among the sea of participants, and the chanting at the end for the concluding tsog offering was jubilant. Some people were wheeled in wheelchairs, others carried in by their mothers (the vast majority, of course, managed very well on their own two feet).

For some it was their first empowerment (hopefully the first of many); for others, perhaps their last … we don’t know. What we do know is that people left the temple with a wonderful feeling in their hearts, and powerful imprints for their own future enlightenment … and a strong wish to take some of that pure land they had experienced with them into the world.

by: New Kadampa Tradition
(extracted from https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.582326091787948.1073741837.196267653727129&type=1)

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Blueupali

• Email
Re: A sharing of an experience at a Dorje Shugden Empowerment
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 09:22:46 PM »
Aug 3 2013 was a Heruka empowerment, actually, but thank you for the links to the beautiful pictures.

Dondrup Shugden

Re: A sharing of an experience at a Dorje Shugden Empowerment
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 03:24:14 PM »
As mentioned by Blueupali was a Heruka empowerment and not a Dorje Shugden, it is still very nice to look at the pictures of the great centre of NKT.

I had the good fortunate to have visited this centre and I pray that many more such beautiful monasteries for Dorje Shugden will arise.