Author Topic: New here  (Read 5703 times)

xAtlasx

• Email
New here
« on: April 04, 2009, 04:04:29 PM »
Hey Everyone!

After reading the excellent stories on this forum on how much the Dharmapala Has affected everyone's lives, I find myself wishing to practice and rely on him.

But there is no way for me to receive an empowerment at this time as my lama is almost constantly in Tibet and I am unsure whether he is a practitioner or not...

So my question is, can i recite the short sadhana after my yidam practice and rely on The Dharmapala without an empowerment?

Thanks for any replys!  :)

Dharmapal

Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 06:33:57 PM »
Hello,

Anyone can rely upon Dorje Shugden to help them remove obstacles and gather good conditions for their spiritual practice, it just depends on their faith in him -- he is a Protector Buddha, so he helps anyone who asks for help. (There are also different levels of reliance, so you can get to know him gradually!)

There are some short prayers called Heart Jewel that do not require an empowerment -- they are given online here in the context of the Guru yoga of Je Tsongkhapa:  http://www.wisdombuddhadorjeshugden.org/dorjeshugden-prayers1.php

There is a whole book about Dorje Shugden by Tharpa Publications called "Heart Jewel".

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 06:49:22 PM »
It is good to check with your lama first about your practice.
If you have had a HYT empowerment you can engage in the more extensive sadhanas, such as Wishfulfilling Jewel(a Tharpa publication).
I don't know the requirements to practice the short Sadhana on(the home page of) this web site, I would guess that as it is public on this site, anyone can practice it if they have faith. As you have a Yidam practice i would think it is fine to practice this short sadhana.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 06:50:57 PM by mohani »

Alexis

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 03:09:40 AM »
TK,

What's the Yin Reg?

Alexis

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 03:02:48 PM »
Thanks TK,