Author Topic: Thirteenth Dalai Lama  (Read 5839 times)

wisdombuddha

• Email
Thirteenth Dalai Lama
« on: June 04, 2008, 01:47:50 PM »
Helmut Gassner said: "Dorje Shugden had advised the Thirteenth Dalai lama to renovate the eastern and western stupas.  Following this advice, the Thirteenth Dalai Lama undertook major renovations of the Potala and the stupa of the great master Je Tsong Khapa at Ganden Monastery, as is mentioned in Purchog Jampa Rinpoche's biography of the Thirteenth Dalai Lama."

What is the story with the Thirteenth Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden?
Did he really ban the practice as the 14th would lead us to believe?

wisdombuddha

• Email
Re: Thirteenth Dalai Lama
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 02:25:55 PM »
"At no time did the Thirteenth Dalai Lama close Trode Khangsar in Lhasa, a residence of Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen the Fifth Dalai Lama had authorized to be turned into a special protector temple for Dorje Shugden. The biography of the Thirteenth Dalai Lama does not mention any ban of Dorje Shugden or his oracle. On the contrary, it mentions advice given by Dorje Shugden through the oracle at Tromo Dungkar Gonpa which the Thirteenth Dalai Lama appreciated and followed."

"...he [the Thirteenth Dalai Lama] did not ban Gyalchen's [i.e. Dorje Shugden] performance from Lhasa Trode Khangsar..." Fourteenth Dalai Lama, July 13th, 1978

Ursula Bernis research

After condemning Dorje Shugden, the thirteenth Dalai Lama is said to have changed his mind on the issue and taken up the practice himself.

http://books.google.com/books?id=vyX1sL8-0gMC&pg=PA239&lpg=PA239&dq=thirteenth+dalai+lama+dorje+shugden&source=web&ots=5ZDHCAaeDt&sig=WLkbsyoFrJQWZs5UlTr61fHD2i4&hl=en#PPA239,M1

a friend

Re: Thirteenth Dalai Lama
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 03:20:52 PM »
Scholars create their sources and repeat themselves ... being their own source of authority.

I frankly prefer the traditional way to learn about the matters of religion. The transmission of our Lamas, what they taught, what they said to us. Our immaculate Lamas have as source of authority their enlightened minds and the wisdom of the lineage.

In a way I'm becoming not so enthousiast about refuting lies, because by refuting them we are contributing to their perpetuation.

I would just go and be assertive, proclaim what we know, no matter what they say. We should imitate them with the repetition device (the big lie). We should use the same weapon: to repeat the truth.

So about the Thirteenth Dalai Lama I don't care what they say. THE THIRTEENTH DALAI LAMA CONSIDERED DOMO GESHE RINPOCHE AS JE TSONGKAPA HIMSELF AND FOLLOWED THE ADVICE GIVEN BY DORJESHUGDEN THROUGH DOMO GESHE RINPOCHE's oracle, the famous Dungkar Gonpa oracle.

Of course, ignorant people don't know the meaning of all this.

Domo Geshe Rinpoche was a Mahasiddha. His original monastery was Tashihlunpo, from which he went to a cave in the high Himalayas, without any natural food available. He spent there 12 years. It's anybody's guess how he survived but the Himalayan people knew the answer. Himalayan people considered him Padmasambhava himself, Guru Rinpoche walking again in this world. When a shepherd looking for a lost animal went very high in the mountains he saw up there a shining spot and was drawn to it. As he approached he realized the shape of a meditator. When he brought the news of his awesome discovery to his town people in Tromo Valley, the youngest and fittest started the difficult journey up the mountains again, to implore the holy being to come down to the world. And the Bodhisattva accepted and created, out of an old abandoned space, the wonderful famous monastery of Dungkar Gonpa, the White Conch, symbol of Je Tsongkapa. The Dalai Lamas went through Tromo in their travels to India and back to Tibet. The Fourteenth DL consulted eagerly the famous oracle belonging to Domo Geshe Rinpoche. And of course, the Thirteenth Dalai Lama followed the advice Dorje Shugden gave him to protect Tibet.

So much for the Dalai Lamas considering Dorje Shugden harmful to the Tibetan government.

In other words, we don't have to explain all of this to the world. It's way too wonderful for the world to understand. It's way too long to explain. These, we have to know it, are the facts of our lineage. Strong with this knowledge, we should not be debating with people that don't know anything about us, we have to go on repeating what we know that is big enough:

THE THIRTEENTH DALAI LAMA FOLLOWED DORJE SHUGDEN'S ADVICE.
HE UNDERTOOK THE RENOVATION OF THE P O T A L A 
(I mean, this was not a week end cottage, but a monster building as everybody knows) BECAUSE DORJE SHUGDEN TOLD HIM TO DO IT AND HE ACCEPTED THE ADVICE.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 08:51:17 PM by a friend »