Author Topic: HE Dagyab Rinpoche in Singapore.... But where's HHDL's throne?  (Read 7888 times)

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
HE Dagyab Rinpoche in Singapore.... But where's HHDL's throne?
« on: February 27, 2012, 03:12:48 AM »
His Eminence Dagyab Rinpoche was conducting a series of teachings, pujas and empowerments over the last few weeks in Singapore. This event was sponsored by a local centre here affiliated to Gaden Shartse. Members of this centre posted these pictures on their Facebook page. The last two pujas were held in a rented public Buddhist hall to accomodate the crowd as the centre's premise is rather small.

One big thing to note from this is that on the stage where all the altar is, there's HE Dagyab Rinpoche's throne in front of the Marble Buddha, beside the Buddha statue we have Tangkhas of Jamgon Tsongkhapa and Mother Tara and when you look carefully on the right hand side of the stage, there's HH Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang's picture on a smaller throne!!! This I find amazing because in any centres of Singapore affiliated with the Three Great Seats, there must be HHDL's picture on a throne to denote his presence and blessings. But we have HH Trijang Dorje Chang's picture here now. Is this centre trying to hop over to the other camp now? Or is it HE Dagyab Rinpoche's skillful means to bless everyone with the imprints of our sacred Protector's lineage?

We gotta find out!
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

DharmaSpace

Re: HE Dagyab Rinpoche in Singapore.... But where's HHDL's throne?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 12:18:55 PM »
Nice pictures, seems like a lot of things are happening in Singapore. His Eminence Loden Sherab Dagyab Rinpoche previous incarnation was the very one who brought Lord Setrap to Tibet from India. Hence we can infer that Dagyab Rinpoche would have a very close relationship with Lord Setrap and since Lord Setrap is also very close to Dorje Shugden I feel Dagyab rinpoche will also be very close to Dorje Shugden. And the fact that Dagyab Rinpopche chose to put his lama's picture speaks volumes about the message he is sending, he is very devoted a loyal to his lama's instructions and practices.

He has also received teachings from other sects like Kagyu and Sakya most likely because he is a suitable vessel to receive those teachings unlike the most of who best just stick to mastering one tradition as we just don't have the capacity like Dagyab Rinpoche who is one of the highest tulku in Tibet.

His bio
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=1844

beggar

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 12:42:26 PM »
As far as I know, Rinpoche is known to be a practitioner of Dorje Shugden, as are his centers.

His not having a throne to His Holiness may not have been a deliberately political act. The choice to have put Trijang Rinpoche's picture and to erect a throne for him instead, could be because Trijang Rinpoche was his root Guru and this is paying homage to his teachers. For many high Lamas, it is not necessary for them to have a throne to every Guru - they visualise that all teachers and the Dalai Lama dissolve into the image of their root Guru. So a throne to Trijang Rinpoche could encompass all.

harrynephew

• Email
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 12:52:03 PM »
As far as I know, Rinpoche is known to be a practitioner of Dorje Shugden, as are his centers.

His not having a throne to His Holiness may not have been a deliberately political act. The choice to have put Trijang Rinpoche's picture and to erect a throne for him instead, could be because Trijang Rinpoche was his root Guru and this is paying homage to his teachers. For many high Lamas, it is not necessary for them to have a throne to every Guru - they visualise that all teachers and the Dalai Lama dissolve into the image of their root Guru. So a throne to Trijang Rinpoche could encompass all.

I do understand what you are trying to say but the point which I am trying to highlight here is that the hosting party for Rinpoche's teachings is affiliated DIRECTLY to Shartse. And as far as I know, Trijang Ladrang is no longer part of Shartse and it is according to 'tradition' that in every Gelug monastery and their affiliations to have a throne for HHDL, no? Correct me if I am wrong.

I praise HE Dagyab Rinpoche for putting his Guru first amongst all the other things in the Tibetan Buddhist world. One's root Lama's kindness surpasses everything in the world for it brings us to the innermost peace we can find within ourselves!

Harry Nephew

Big Uncle

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 03:55:20 PM »

I do understand what you are trying to say but the point which I am trying to highlight here is that the hosting party for Rinpoche's teachings is affiliated DIRECTLY to Shartse. And as far as I know, Trijang Ladrang is no longer part of Shartse and it is according to 'tradition' that in every Gelug monastery and their affiliations to have a throne for HHDL, no? Correct me if I am wrong.

I praise HE Dagyab Rinpoche for putting his Guru first amongst all the other things in the Tibetan Buddhist world. One's root Lama's kindness surpasses everything in the world for it brings us to the innermost peace we can find within ourselves!

Yes, but let's not forget that Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche's throne remains Gaden Lachi if I am not mistaken. It remains in the prayer hall on the direct instruction from the Dalai Lama himself. Now, isn't that amazing? There must be something going on...

Zach

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 10:10:00 PM »
Theres nothing wrong with not having a throne for HHDL he has chosen to foresake practitoners so it is better not to give the impression that Lamas and their centres support him in his political motivated decisions.  :)

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 09:32:58 AM »
Dagyab Rinpoche is a Dorje Shugden Guru and his act of not placing the Dalai Lama's throne in his center is to send a message that  he does not support the Dalai Lama's ban against Dorje Shugden. I get the message loud and clear from that and that he does not require the Dalai Lama's blessings to run a Dharma center, and he can run it just fine. But what is nice is that despite all the controversy he is still regarded as a representative of Ganden, Sera and Drepung. I dont see it as political to send a message like that at all.

harrynephew

• Email
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 12:15:01 PM »

Yes, but let's not forget that Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche's throne remains Gaden Lachi if I am not mistaken. It remains in the prayer hall on the direct instruction from the Dalai Lama himself. Now, isn't that amazing? There must be something going on...

What I really think is that HE Dagyab Rinpoche is a real practitioner of the Dharma and HH Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang has been the most kind of all his Lamas. Hence, a picture of Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang stands in the puja hall to bless the hundreds of people coming to participate. Only through clean samayas and diligence can the blessings of the lineage flow!

Politics aside, HE Dagyab Rinpoche sends a very strong message across to the CTA and even the organizer of the event, DroPhen-ling telling them the importance of Guru Devotion, I hope it has not gone onto deaf ears
Harry Nephew

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 04:36:25 AM »
What I really think is that HE Dagyab Rinpoche is a real practitioner of the Dharma and HH Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang has been the most kind of all his Lamas. Hence, a picture of Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang stands in the puja hall to bless the hundreds of people coming to participate. Only through clean samayas and diligence can the blessings of the lineage flow!

Politics aside, HE Dagyab Rinpoche sends a very strong message across to the CTA and even the organizer of the event, DroPhen-ling telling them the importance of Guru Devotion, I hope it has not gone onto deaf ears

I hope that Drophenling gets that message as well, that their lineage is more important than being politically correct. To betray your Dharma teacher for the sake of being politically correct or to be on the popular side is to betray a chance to go to Nivarna for short and minute benefits of samsara. But somehow, I do not think that these people will realize that very important lesson: that your own root Lama is more important than the Lama that is popular. If they did, they would have removed the Dalai Lama's picture from their main site, because their motivation for putting it there is to attract people to their center by association with the Dalai Lama.