Author Topic: 'Unity of Tibet more sacred than our souls,' says the Dalai Lama  (Read 17161 times)

vajrastorm

Re: 'Unity of Tibet more sacred than our souls,' says the Dalai Lama
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 10:52:30 AM »
It is probably more a rhetoric than to be taken literally that HH Dalai Lama says that the unity of Tibet is "more sacred than our souls".

But when the Dalai Lama says "When you are raising slogans for independence or taking out protests against the visiting Chinese delegate, you must realize that the repercussions of your actions will be borne by Tibetans inside Tibet" or   "The resolution of our struggle will to a large extent depend upon the Chinese people and their support and solidarity with the Tibetan people", I feel what he says makes a lot of sense.

Yes, the way forward for the Tibetans who wish to see a Tibet within China has to be one of accommodation of the Chinese. It is possible to still have the language, culture and tradition of Tibet intact. With the great Tibetan Lamas - who are devoted Shugden practitioners- showing the way, within and without Tibet, theirs is the way to go.

dsiluvu

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 07:28:01 PM »
Really all this protest are just a waste of time and creates more bad relationship which they already have with China. They should just go home and make peace amongst themselves and Dorje Shugden practitioners and High Lamas since it is the High Lama's of Dorjes Shugden that is creating more dialogue then His Holiness could ever do since his escape to India... http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/the-first-lama-that-china-sent-abroad/

They should really apologize to the Dorje Shugden Lamas for condemning them, well yes lift the ban, unite themselves in India first before thinking about uniting Tibetans every where... isn't that more logical? You cannot expect a different result when they themselves harm, hurt, and basically cause so much suffering to their own people. How hypocritical! I guess they don't believe in Karma hu?

It is probably more a rhetoric than to be taken literally that HH Dalai Lama says that the unity of Tibet is "more sacred than our souls".

But when the Dalai Lama says "When you are raising slogans for independence or taking out protests against the visiting Chinese delegate, you must realize that the repercussions of your actions will be borne by Tibetans inside Tibet" or   "The resolution of our struggle will to a large extent depend upon the Chinese people and their support and solidarity with the Tibetan people", I feel what he says makes a lot of sense.

Yes, the way forward for the Tibetans who wish to see a Tibet within China has to be one of accommodation of the Chinese. It is possible to still have the language, culture and tradition of Tibet intact. With the great Tibetan Lamas - who are devoted Shugden practitioners- showing the way, within and without Tibet, theirs is the way to go.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 08:45:01 PM »
Really all this protest are just a waste of time and creates more bad relationship which they already have with China. They should just go home and make peace amongst themselves and Dorje Shugden practitioners and High Lamas since it is the High Lama's of Dorjes Shugden that is creating more dialogue then His Holiness could ever do since his escape to India... http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/the-first-lama-that-china-sent-abroad/

They should really apologize to the Dorje Shugden Lamas for condemning them, well yes lift the ban, unite themselves in India first before thinking about uniting Tibetans every where... isn't that more logical? You cannot expect a different result when they themselves harm, hurt, and basically cause so much suffering to their own people. How hypocritical! I guess they don't believe in Karma hu?

I totally agree with what you said. With all these protests going on, it just stops the people from doing more Dharma work as they would be engaged in such pointless activities. If they use their efforts for something that is better, I believe that there would not be so many problems already. By constantly protesting against Dojre Shugden practitioners, it down not allow the Dharma to grow at all. This is because the Dorje Shugden practitioners' time would be wasted on dealing with the protestants, hence they cannot use that precious time for spreading more Dharma to those that are willing to learn.

And why do some Dorje Shugden practitioners protest is because that people in that area are doing the best they can to stop them from their practices. Thus, through the protests, they fight for their basic human rights and human needs.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 06:07:24 PM »
If Dorje Shugden is indeed a spirit, it would be so simple for the Dalai Lama to dispel an evil spirit. Why would the Dalai Lama do that, well isn't enough time spent debating, enforcing the ban, arguing about it etc? So why doesn't Dalai Lama do it, well CTA should be able to come out with an answer?

How can we have unity, when Tibetans are split about the Dorje Shugden issue? Unity and coming together is just lip service as long at the Dorje Shugden ban persists. Takes more than words to convince me that, Tibetans really want unity. 

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 08:51:36 PM »
If Dorje Shugden is indeed a spirit, it would be so simple for the Dalai Lama to dispel an evil spirit. Why would the Dalai Lama do that, well isn't enough time spent debating, enforcing the ban, arguing about it etc? So why doesn't Dalai Lama do it, well CTA should be able to come out with an answer?

How can we have unity, when Tibetans are split about the Dorje Shugden issue? Unity and coming together is just lip service as long at the Dorje Shugden ban persists. Takes more than words to convince me that, Tibetans really want unity.

This is a very good point.  I have never understood why people found it logical that if the Dalai Lama were a Buddha, and Dorje Shugden were an evil spirit, that a Buddha could not subdue a spirit.  Obviously, Guru Rinpoche is famous for just that;  however, my understanding is that most westerners don't know that the Dalai Lama is even saying that another Buddha is a spirit or causing a divide.  As for Tibetans, I don't know what is going on, but I think mostly they are afraid to oppose the Dalai Lama's wishes.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 04:46:27 PM »

This is a very good point.  I have never understood why people found it logical that if the Dalai Lama were a Buddha, and Dorje Shugden were an evil spirit, that a Buddha could not subdue a spirit.  Obviously, Guru Rinpoche is famous for just that;  however, my understanding is that most westerners don't know that the Dalai Lama is even saying that another Buddha is a spirit or causing a divide.  As for Tibetans, I don't know what is going on, but I think mostly they are afraid to oppose the Dalai Lama's wishes.

It is true that many people do not know what is going on as well. They do not have the knowledge of the situation. They believe in the ban because of their faith towards the Dalai Lama. To me, I believe that just with faith itself would not bring us very far. But instead, it is only because of our knowledge that would help build our faith that would truly mean something and be true to the situation.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2013, 03:29:35 PM »
The Dalai Lama teaches the most profound of dharma topics , from emptiness to dependent origination and many much more. Tibet is just another big country like any other country, though it was steeped in Buddhist culture and still has the strong buddhist culture but for the Dalai Lama I think the more important thing to do is the preservation of the Buddhism even though at the expense of the loss of Tibet. So I am sure the Dalai Lama knows what is the more important thing to do.   

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2013, 09:47:11 PM »
I do agree with you DharmaSpace. I believe that what the Dalai Lama meant is that we should not only try to preserve what is at Tibet now. But instead, what the Tibetans should be fighting to preserve should be their culture especially the strong Buddhism culture that they have instead of having to split the Tibetans to different gangs and supporting causes that would only create disharmony within the Tibetans themselves.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2015, 02:36:29 PM »
As a leader and giving inspirational speeches to his/her subjects there should be no second guess as to what is conveyed.

In my humble opinion and reading the text of Dalai Lama's speech as it is documented, Dalai Lama was telling all Tibetan in exile to be united for the cause of getting Tibet back for Tibetans to return home.  And unity must also be with consideration to the fellow Tibetans in China so that they will not suffer any unnecessary repercussions.  Sounds like good solid advice which is encompassing to all Tibetans in and out of Tibet.

Would unity be further enhanced if freedom of religious practice is granted with the lifting of the Ban. 

Dorje Shugden propitiation is growing in China, would such an effort be also a friendly alignment with what is going on in China?

grandmapele

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2015, 09:15:54 AM »
"The Dalai Lama stressed that although he has completely retired from active politics, as a Tibetan, he has the responsibility to make clarifications and the right to air his views.

“I have never said that you must follow what I say,” the Tibetan spiritual leader said. “But I have the responsibility to make clarifications on the situation.”

"He's still making political statements whilst saying that he has completely retired from politics. He's also encouraging attachment to Tibet.

All that really matters is that the Buddhadharma is preserved, which is happening since it is now global."

I agree with you, Lineageholder. The Dalai Lama's statement smacks of politics and samsaric attachment. But, are the dispersed Tibetans able to see that and all that implies?