Author Topic: 5th Reting Rinpoche : What Pabongka secretary said and it made sense.  (Read 7427 times)

shugdenpromoter

• Email
Look what I found. This was an excerpt from a biography website of Reting Rinpoche. I was reading and it blew my mind was what Pabongka Rinpoche Secretary said below in RED.

Source : http://www.reting.org/retingtulku5.html

When the Chinese arrived in Chamdo a few years later, Gyatolog, Phabonka Rinpochey's secretary and compiler of his famous Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand and other collected works, told me,

'One of the main causes of the Chinese coming here was the destruction of Reting Monastery, the first seat of the Kadampa. This act of war against Avalokiteshvara's abode exhausted in a few moments as much common merit as accumulated by the Buddhist doctrine's shining in Tibet for a hundred years. Now, things will become very difficult for Avalokiteshvara.'

Even in Trijang Rinpoche's biography, "Illusory Play" (page 87) it state the below :-

At Ratreng Monastery, because the Labrang attendants killed seventeen of the Four Corner Army Camp soldiers that had been sent to lock down the labrang, the government sent a very large force with the Commander in Chief Kälzang Tsultrim and Northern Commander Zhakaba Losäl Döndrub. Their shelling of the Ratreng monastic seat and temple was very effective. The Ratreng Labrang belongings, which rivaled the treasury of Tzambhala , were seized and carried off by the soldiers, and, at the wishes of the government, the labrang was completely annihilated.

Trijang Rinpoche said in his biography that Reting Rinpoche was highly attained and yet the Tibetan Government  can do such action to him.

No wonder, they lost Tibet.

honeydakini

Now this is interesting. I remember reading accounts of the Dalai Lama, and watching Kundun and noting in particular His Holiness' very close relationship with Reting Rinpoche who, in effect, was his first Guru.

When situations changed later and his teacher was being denounced / attacked for political reasons, the Dalai Lama continued to see him as his teacher. There is a clear distinction between the man as his teacher, and the man with his own political issues. This is the very quality that we are taught to develop within this path, isn't it? To visualise our teacher and think of him strongly as a manifestation of the Three Jewels, he is the closest to a Buddha that we'd ever be able to meet. So we can choose who we'd like to visualise him as. Seeing him as an ordinary man brings the result of us interacting with any other ordinary man. Or, seeing him as a Buddha yields the corresponding result. It is for the sake of consistency, stability and tenacity within our practice, as well as to follow him with the trust that he is able to guide you completely out of samsara across several lifetimes.

So how can we be so contrary as to suddenly think that someone we called our Guru is now "just" an ordinary man being talked about, trivialised and hidden? How is it that His Holiness was able to differentiate between the "good" of his teacher Reting Rinpoche and the "not so good" of the very same person as a political figure, but NOT be able to identify something as "simple" as the true nature of Dorje Shugden?

This also reminds me of something I had read on this forum, about Kyabe Trijang Rinpoche saying very clearly that we must not lose hope or patience during a time when there seems to be conflict between the Dalai Lama and the protector, but to maintain our faith in them. This is coming from a similar place - which is to separate an outwardly political situation with the true spiritual nature of the beings involved . If we are able to differentiate the two, and still be able to find benefit within the spiritual aspect, it is us who benefit in our spiritual growth and stability - for sure these enlightened beings don't need our "approval" or belief for them to continue doing what they do.   

Ensapa

• Email
In other words, the Ganden Phodrang themselves destroyed their own country with their own bare hands as a result of their greed. No ladrang that they have sacked or closed down was not empty. Every single lama whose incarnation that they banned happened to be very rich and is always filled with riches and offerings. Why not target the poor lamas? Why not target the ordinary lamas, ban their incarnations and sack their ladrangs? It is the pure result of greed that the CTA does this and I dont think HHDL would even need to ban any incarnations or sacl their ladrangs as norbulingka is filled with treasures from all over that was accumulated since the beginning. Chankya Rolpa Dorje, Sharmapa, Taranatha, Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen were all famous for having huge and rich ladrangs, and in all their accounts of the government going to seal their ladrangs, it is always described as filled with treasures and riches. This only means that CTA was never Dharmic in the first place, they cared more for their own pockets than Buddhism.

It is odd that Sharmapa's incarnation was unbanned, but Tarantha's. Chankya Rolpa Dorje, Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen and Reting Rinpoche's incarnations still remain banned and even more horrifying is that the coffers of the ganden phodrang is filled up with these ill gotten riches that only creates more negative situations for themselves.

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
So how can we be so contrary as to suddenly think that someone we called our Guru is now "just" an ordinary man being talked about, trivialised and hidden? How is it that His Holiness was able to differentiate between the "good" of his teacher Reting Rinpoche and the "not so good" of the very same person as a political figure, but NOT be able to identify something as "simple" as the true nature of Dorje Shugden?

Recalling His Holiness' arrival at Reting Monastery in 1956, His Holiness said "I remember that, for no particular reason, I became very emotional. I felt a powerful sense of having in some way been long connected with the place. Since then, I have often thought of building a hermitage at Reting and spending the rest of my life there."

About what Ensapa said re Ganden Phodrang, I agree, it was them who destroyed their own country. Cause and effect. For incarnations that they banned, for Labrangs they closed, these are not ordinary lamas and there are definitely negative karma that will ripen at some point.

What is sad is that till this day, this 'tradition' of banning incarnations, closing Labrangs, and the recent addition of removing names from lineage Guru prayers, oh boy it just gets 'better'.

Ensapa

• Email
Anyway, does anyone know what happened to the 6th Reting Rinpoche? Last I heard that his incarnation has returned but without the sanction of the Tibetan Government and that he has offered Sharmapa and Thaye Dorje help to set things up as documented in the book Buddha's not smiling. He does not sound bitter at all, just in hiding and just have nothing to do with the current Tibetan Government. Anyway, this is what happened to the 5th Reting Rinpoche:

Gyantsen played a significant role in Tibetan history as the one-time regent of the present (14th) Dalai Lama. He was forced to lay down office and was succeeded in the beginning of 1941 by Taktra Rinpoche. Subsequently he was alleged to have organized an uprising against his replacement. He died in 1947 in the prisons of Lhasa's Potala, apparently the victim of poisoning.[1][2] His jailor also allegedly reported that his testicles were bound and beaten until he died of the pain.[3]
The episode exposed a number of the political dimensions of the religious hierarchy in Lhasa. Critics of the fifth Reting Rinpoche accused him of widespread corruption, and involvement with married women as a monk.[4] Defenders alleged that his imprisonment was partly the result of his attraction to the teachings of the Nyingma lineage, a politically sensitive orientation,[5] and that the case against him had been fabricated by the cabinet minister Kapshopa.[3]
His successor was Tenzin Jigme Thutob Wangchuk as the sixth Reting Rinpoche, which is being challenged by another that act by the title of Reting Hutukthu.

My heart is in pain to hear of how a great Bodhisattva had his name tainted and also how he died. This is barely humane, let alone Buddhist. Would regular jailtime not be enough?

And apparently, China has their own Reting as well, alongside with a mongolian one that uses the title hutuku as opposed to tulku that has gone into hiding:

Tenzin Jigme
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tenzin Jigme (Thutob Wangchuk) (Lhasa, 1948 – February 13, 1997) was a Tibetan tulku and the sixth Reting Rinpoche.
His reincarnation is recognized by the Tibetan government. His recognition is being challenged by another sixth Reting Rinpoche who acts by the title of Reting Hutukthu; hutukthu equal to rinpoche and mainly in use in Mongolia.
[edit]Life

Tenzin Jigme was identified as the reincarnation of the fifth Reting Rinpoche Jamphel Yeshe Gyaltsen in 1951 and enthroned in 1955.
In 1956 (eight years old) he was the first to be assigned to the Tibet Committee of the Buddhist Association of China.
Jigme stayed in Tibet when the Tibetan government went in exile in 1959 during the Tibetan diaspora. During the Cultural Revolution (1966–76) he was publicly denounced by the authorities because of his religion position. Next he was imprisoned for one year. Later he was rehabilitated and at the end of the seventies he was appointed to several official posts. Comparably with the tenth panchen lama he was married and lived as a layman.
His reincarnation was appointed by the People's Republic of China. This reincarnation is not recognized by the Tibetan government in exile.

So a puppet Reting Rinpoche was installed, and the ban on him by the CTA did not work, the 6th one came back but unrecognized, and China has already appointed their 7th Reting... interesting.

The deputy mayor of Lhasa, Dargye (Ch: Tajie) announced the
identification of the 7th Reting Rinpoche at a press conference on 30
December 1999, just two days after the 17th Karmapa escaped from Tsurphu
monastery and started his journey to India. The name of the boy, Sonam
Phuntsog, was released in January this year. According to the official
press, the search was conducted in accordance with "historical
traditions and religious rites". After a search party from Reting
monastery had found the boy, the discovery "was reported to the State
Religious Affairs Bureau which entrusted the Tibet Autonomous Regional
Government to formally approve Sonam Phuntsog", (Zhongguo Xinwen She, 20
January). Only the third reincarnation to have been "acknowledged and
approved" by the PRC central government (Xinhua, 19 January 2000), Sonam
Phuntsog, like the Chinese-chosen Panchen Lama, has not been recognised
by the Dalai Lama.

High lamas can never be stopped from benefitting others no matter what they have been through or suffered from, or if they were condemned by the government. They still serve living beings with no grudges!

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
The Sixth Reting Rinpoche carries his title as the Sixth Reting Hutuktu. He claims that the Tibetan government continued to suppress the Reting lineage after the death of the 5th by appointing an illegitimate candidate and then abandoning him in Tibet. He presently resides in an undisclosed location in India.

In an open letter to the Dalai Lama, Reting Hutuktu claims that since the Dalai Lama's root Guru, Trijang Rinpoche, was a devotee of Dorje Shugden, "he succeeded in destroying the living tradition of Je Tsong Kapa." He asks that the Dalai Lama "swiftly liberate all those ignorant of the mistaken path they follow in believing there still exists a valid Gelugpa lineage."

What do you think? Do you think Reting Hutuktu is part of the big picture? Or just another fraud? It seems like we are seeing 'double' everywhere. Karmapas, Panchen Lamas, Domo Geshe Rinpoches, the list keeps growing.   

The letter was posted in a thread on this forum 2 years back: Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche's sacred name being smeared! , http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=874.msg10127#msg10127

Open Letter to the 14th Dalai Lama by the 6th Reting Hutktu  
To HH Jetsun Jamphel Ngawang Lobsang Yeshe Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama, an offering of wrathful speech and gentle words to shake the foundation of the prominent suppositions which deceive the searcher into following paths that lead to the most horrific of hells.

I pray please carefully contemplate my words, offered in the hope that many things can be restored and many destroyed.

To those that read my open letter to you and feel outraged with my tone and lack of etiquette, please calm your minds. I write with the intimacy evoked through centuries of respectful familiarity to a friend who has no desire to be flattered. Do not become engrossed in the bullshit of pompous formality but instead look at your own attitude.

As I write here of events now past and before the birth of the body that types this letter it should be said that the views I express are totally my own and the recollections expressed are those as I recall them from the time of my previous incarnation. I do not pretend to have vast clairvoyance or a mind unaffected by migration, but to assert that I have no ability would be a lie, to pretend that I can not recall the most basic of things such as previous lifetimes betrays the accomplishments of my former incarnations. I say this with no ego invested in status or making claims to be vastly realised, which in this time is mostly a cause to abuse others. I write openly so that others will record the events of our dialogue from this time forward and with the hope that a great many wrongs can be put right.

You who hold the position of temporal leader of the Tibetan people and spiritual leader to some Tibetans and others of many races: A vast burden do you shoulder. Several times I have written to you and attempted to make contact for the good of the samaya we share from lifetimes past and to fulfill our wishing prayers.

Surrounded by evil and corruption you are isolated from me, and I even doubt that you have received all the requests I have sent to you. Now out of frustration for the situation that exists I attempt in this open letter to reach you through unconventional means.

Great lies have been circulated about my former incarnation, circulated by those who seek to hide their wrongdoings and evil nature. Foul propaganda was spread to denigrate the 5th Reting Hutuktu and to muster support for the slaughter of his disciples. I fear you have been influenced by these false words and stirred to support the agenda of your true enemies. Otherwise how is it that you have not yet exposed the true demons of Tibet and the Holy Dharma?
[ seems like there's no end to this always = lies, corruption, murder in Shangri-la? :o]

All that you have by way of authority was initiated and bestowed by my predecessor at great sacrifice to himself. Your family enjoyed his protection, and that you even survived at the hands of your captors is owed to his blessing. Recall what happened to you as you were forced to drop my names from yours!

Although young at that time you are none the less the true incarnation of the Dalai Lama and as such have the presence of mind to discern for yourself. Surely it is not possible that you believe in your heart all the lies you were told?

Shugden lies at the heart of all the discord. Shugden is the sole source of the conflicts during my reign. Shugden was the demon who seduced the refuge from those high and low and who severed the lineage of dharma from the Gelugpas.

You were raised by a mass murderer, a thief and demon worshiper who allowed your education to be administered by those with the same traits. Do not turn a blind eye to the truth of history. All the blood spilt at Reting and other Holy places was the fulfillment of Taktra’s wishes and commands. The only thing you were shielded from in relation to the horrors committed was the truth.

You are the only Dalai Lama to have been initiated into the practice of Shugden. Would this have happened had I survived? You know it would not.

Even though at that dark time I was also surrounded by the disciples of the fallen and evil Pabongka I resisted attempts to indoctrinate me in the foul ways of the sure and certain abandoning of refuge. There are claims to the fallen vow of celibacy. Even if that were true is that not less of a defeat than the initial MURDER of hundreds then ultimately the destruction of life and nation which followed? Were all Dalai Lamas celibate? The answer is NO, and did that diminish their power of blessing? Naturally in the Ganden tradition a vow of celibacy should be taken from one who keeps it. But how this pales in significance when compared to the major defeats committed by Taktra and others whom you venerate! You should also be clear that no vow can be transmitted purely without the refuge vow being pure. Many lamas have passed away without realising refuge but none so blatantly disavowing it like Shugden practitioners!

Taktra had no noble motives behind any of his actions; that is the plain and simple truth. He killed and plundered, poisoned by worldly attachment and foul views.

The 5th Reting accused of conspiring to kill Taktra: All noble beings know that it would have been best had this been true and had it succeeded! In the Jataka we find inspiration to take upon oneself the karma of such an action in order to benefit many, including the defeated beings who are falling into the abyss of the hell realms through the actions they commit and those they intend to. You yourself have in this very lifetime stated that it is permissible to kill, provided you killed the source-trouble-maker. Do you not think those responsible for destroying the refuge of scores of beings are worthy of being put to death? Do you assert for even a moment that the 5th Reting was incapable of knowing the intentions of others?

Has a Dalai Lama ever directly supported an assassination? How the answer would shock and confuse the modern, casual, want-to-be Buddhist. What motivation could a Dalai Lama have to build armies and buy arms if not to defend the Dharma by force if necessary?

How the 5th Reting has suffered the outrageous and baseless slander right to the present day when still modern ‘spin’ is hypocritically and inappropriately applied in attempts to disparage him! Have you not participated in this?

Your thirteenth incarnation, great and strong, who was the source of refuge to my own incarnation, led fearlessly the battle to cast Shugden from the hearts and minds of all would-be dharma practitioners. You as the great Thirteenth rebuked the root of the poisonous lineage at that time only to become caught in the branches of that poisonous lineage tree in your next incarnation!

Taktra was the proverbial wolf in sheep’s clothing. My only chance of aiding you was to appease to some degree his demands. I saw the demon within him, and history records the atrocities he authorized with lust for blood, power and financial gain. No sane person can deny that besides abandoning the source of refuge he was a killer and a thief. To speak the truth brings no negative repercussions as he was not worthy of the status of GURU: He abandoned all causes to be an object of refuge.

Of Ling my heart feels deep sadness for in the beginning he was a keen and certain participant in the plot against my 5th emanation and the destruction of Tibet. An incarnate of such status abandoning refuge is a cause of great sadness. Becoming entangled in all the machinations of Shugden is a cause for revulsion. What a terrible loss.

Trijang was the force who spread the doctrine of downfall to all peoples of high and low status, Tibetan and of other races. The greatest servant of Shugden in our entire history, he succeeded in destroying the living tradition of Je Tsong Kapa. This fact is obvious to any person who studies logic with a clear mind.

Now people masquerade as monks and nuns or lay teachers of Je Tsong Kapa’s doctrine, all of them lacking the transmission of a living lineage. You have upheld the deceit, a willing partner in the continuance of lies and broken, baseless lineages.

Mostly you rely on Guru Rinpoche for the source of your blessing yet externally Shugden’s minions declare you their grand priest, the highest source of blessing in their order. Why do you continue this façade? Admit that there is no living valid Gelugpa lineage!

Every time you grant the demons who recruit for Shugden an audience, have your picture taken alongside of them, visit their centers in Asia and foreign lands: All of these actions seek to increase their fame and the damage they do. Stop this tacit support!

I once heard you tell thousands of students to report accounts of wrong and disgraceful behavior by Tibetan Lamas directly to you and that you would use your influence to investigate and shame where appropriate those who abuse their position as a teacher of Dharma.

Be true to your own words and start by acknowledging the downfall that began in your own childhood. Do not forsake the advice given by my former incarnations, whom you relied upon as a source of teaching and refuge, just as I will not forsake the advice given by your former incarnations, whom I likewise relied upon. Tears fall freely and plentifully from my eyes as I recall all the struggles to preserve the doctrine that have been our history and obligation up to this point, though I lose no sense of commitment. When I recall your former incarnations I am moved to tremble through recollection of your kindness and deeds.

I pray that you revisit the determination of your previous incarnations and contemplate deeply the war you must wage. I offer myself for your strength - may the obstacles ripen on me and not you - that you will hang the demons with the rope they have extracted through circumstances beyond our control. Turn now full circle upon the enemies of the Dharma and sever the force of their influence! Use your worldly fame to draw attention to a matter of real significance.

There is much to follow that I will write as a true record of my recollections in order to refute the poisonous speech of Shugden’s sons.

I am the sixth and only present incarnation of the Reting Tulku. I have heard of a sixth enthroned in Tibet after the murder of my previous incarnation, a fake candidate imposed upon my throne by demons and terrified supporters: Nothing more than a puppet to serve the purposes of the real destroyers and invaders of Tibet.

Reading the prophecy of your former incarnation makes all things very clear to those not blinded by distorted views. The invasion within was not caused by Reting, it was caused by Taktra and Shugden. The invasion without was the result of the collective karma of the Tibetan people propelled greatly by the acts of Taktra, Ling and Trijang, who with the help of a mutinous and evil cabinet of ministers handed Tibet’s future to Shugden and murdered all who opposed their reign of evil.

Strange that for a people who pretend to be Buddhist, Tibetans point the finger at China for their woes when it is their own karma ripening upon them! Perhaps that truth is not so popular in support of political ambitions and fund raising rhetoric? How easy it is for liars and the ignorant to make others a scapegoat and cause of blame.

As Buddhists we should be acutely aware of cause and effect. Your entanglement in all that I have briefly outlined should give you cause for regret.

In this life you have taken so very long to abandon the connection to Shugden and so long to counsel others publicly to do so. You can not protect the ignorant from the fear and confusion the truth will bring any longer. Do not take years or even months to respond to this letter, but as a matter of urgency make known your views and intentions. Those beings who actively debase the Dharma throughout the world are many, and they grow stronger and wealthier every day. Is it to be that the 14th Dalai Lama will be the one who gives in to Shugden, who takes the soft way out of dealing with the problem, who allows those who have faith in him to fall to the lower realms because the repercussions of the truth may debase his own temporal power? Will you pay just lip service to this matter without exposing the real truth?

No Bodhisattva could accept such a destiny and leave such a legacy to those who attempt to restore the sacred teachings in the aftermath of killers, whores, sellouts, thieves, liars and droves of demons.

I request of you as one who is sworn to aid others that you swiftly liberate all those ignorant of the mistaken path they follow in believing there still exists a valid Gelugpa lineage.
I pray that you will have the strength to shatter the veils of deceit that hang over your devotees, supporters and countrymen.

For either of us to pass on without being reunited and reconfirming our bonds would be the final great victory of Pabongka, Shugden and all the dark forces.

Do not allow some puffed up civil servant, full of pride and lacking the ability to even discern the most basic of truths, to reply to my plea to you!

Consider what I have said and spontaneously in the light of truth seek to meet me soon in a place uncomplicated by the attentions of the curious, suspicious and alarmed!

I reach out to you as a brother, both sons born of the victorious ones.

May a downpour of blessings rain upon us, cleansing the soiled history of all stains, making way for the brilliance of truth to shine!

May the doctrine be renewed on the basis of logic, reasoning and valid transmission!

May we both be free from the affliction of catering to the demands and expectations of worldly or demonic incarnations!

Through the blessing of Guru Rinpoche, whose teachings shine forth in this dark time, I abide with raging thunder in my heart, stirring and strengthening my resolve to destroy the enemies of the Dharma. I pray that the same noble passion will stir ever stronger in you and that we will soon meet.

Written entirely by me, the 6th Reting Hutuktu, a dim reflection of former incarnations, on the afternoon of Saturday the 22nd of July 2006 at my residence, the location for now secret, in response to continued requests from my students that I confront the tyranny of historical distortion, lies and utter falsehoods projected by the former Tibetan Government, the Tibetan Government in Exile and the zombies who masquerade as Monks, Nuns, Lamas, Geshes and Tulkus of the Ganden Tradition.

May the true intent of my expression quickly materialize in order to stop the mass migration to the lower realms of all those who sincerely set out to embrace a spiritual existence but whose future happiness is being destroyed by reliance on false doctrine and the substance-less words of demonic parrots who recite scripture without blessing and predominately occupy the highest thrones in the wealthiest monasteries.

May Je Rinpoche rain fire upon the imposters and demons and support fully all efforts the Dalai Lama makes to correct the wrongs!

May all beings that seek true Dharma meet with authentic and qualified teachers and not fall into the hands of spiritual rapists and frauds.

Ensapa

• Email
I have read this website before and I do not feel that this is the actual Reting Rinpoche as it sounds very one dimensional and there were far too many materials that talk against Dorje Shugden but no real history that is accurate within the website, and neither does the site have any Dharma teachings by Reting Rinpoche. It is well known in the Buddhist circle that Reting Rinpoche, like Pabongkha Rinpoche, has been forced to go into hiding and he keeps a very low profile to himself without attracting any attention to himself. That is why you dont see him announcing anything to news or television and definitely he would not have a website open about himself to highlight to the world.

It is funny that the site claims that the first Reting Rinpoche was already against Dorje Shugden:
For example, in the biography of Trichen Ngawang Chokden composed by Changkya Rolpai Dorje entitled The Melodious Speech of Realised Sky Farers called The Great Drum of the Celestial Beings he states:

"Earlier, a very vicious and evil spirit [here it doesn't mention that this spirit is Dolgyal, but that it is Dolgyal who is referred to is clear from the biography of Changkya. Also, the time refers to the period when Trichen Ngawang Chokden was the Ganden throne-holder] possessed a man from Draksep [a place very near to Ganden] and some unstable former-abbots, and monastic hostels also worshipped it by simply invoking and propitiating it.

On the top of the Jangtse mountain a cairn for invoking spirits was also built. Seeing these as extremely inappropriate he issued an edict to the assembly of monks that from the time of Je Tsongkhapa there had been no tradition of propitiating worldly spirits and protectors within the premises of this seat of learning and so, henceforth, nobody would be allowed to engage in such deeds. The cairn was also destroyed [this is very clearly mentioned in the biography of Changkya] and the stones and earth of which it was made were taken back to the places from where they had been taken. The medium was invoked to come into trance and was then ordered not to come into trance henceforth. Dolgyal too said, 'If this is Tri Rinpoche's order, I have no choice but to accept."

This evil spirit then fled to sTag-rTse-Zhol. [Tri Rinpoche] himself then went into retreat for some time and subsequently established the practice of Dharma Raja's ritual cake offering composed by the Omniscient Gendun Gyatso [the second Dalai Lama] as a regular religious practice of monastic assembly. As a result of having transgressed Dharma Raja's words, a former-abbot who had propitiated this evil spirit immediately expired. The monastic hostels also experienced many misfortunes and this led to the end of such practice and became a contributory factor in the purification of the monastery and the place."

As is evident in the above statements Trichen Ngawang Chogden placed restrictions [on the practice of Dolgyal] and asked monks not to practice or propitiate such evil spirits within the Ganden complex. It was in 1740, the iron-monkey year and the second year of his incumbency as the Ganden Throne Holder that he dismantled the cairn of the spirit situated on the peak of the Jangtse mountain.

When it is very well known now that the dholgyal that was mentioned by Chakya Rolpa Dorje clearly refers to another spirit. The lack of details and ambiguity of the story makes it odd, but believable by the average reader who is unfamiliar with Tibetan history.

Here's a more credible and interesting view of Reting Rinpoche's account from the Yellow Book:

THE RETING RINPOCHE
Regent Reting Rinpoche had to suffer punishment with the king's order.
The misfortune was caused by the miraculous power of the Dharma
protector great Dorjee Shugden. Let me explain. The fourth Reting Rinpoche, Ngawang Yeshi Tenpai Gyaltsen, offered the entire possession of
Reting Ladang to the Tibetan Government and requested His Holiness the
13th Dalai Lama, Thubten Gyatso, not to search for the future Reting
reincarnation. But His Holiness Thubten Gyatso returned everything back
to the Ladang and asked them to search for the reincarnation. Accordingly
the search party found the reincarnation in a simple family in Dakpo. This
Rinpoche had made his foot prints on rocks. I saw one in the Reting
monastery. One day while his mother was away the soup started boiling
and overflowed from the earthen pot. So he closed the pot with his shoe
lace. He displayed such miraculous powers while he was only a child. On
the advice of His Holiness Thubten Gyatso, he was recognized as the 5th
Reting Rinpoche and named Thubten Jampel Yeshi Gyaltsen. He was
admitted to Sera Je College where he completed his religious education.
When H.H. Thubten Gyatso visited the Reting monastery in the watermonkey year, it seemed that he left some instructions to Reting Rinpoche concerning the governance of the nation.

His Holiness the Thirteenth Dalai Lama passed away in the water-bird
year. For about two months the Prime Minister and the Kashag held the
responsibility of the Government. After that the General Assembly
nominated the Reting Rinpoche, Gaden throne Holder Yeshi Palden and
Yongzin Phurchok Jamgon Rinpoche for the regency. The Reting
Rinpoche's name was confirmed with traditional tests were done in front of
Lord Avaloketeshvara in the Potala Palace. Accordingly he was enthroned
as the Regent on the 10th day of the first month of the wood-dog year. Thus
he held the responsibility to head the Gaden Phodrang, the Tibetan
Government. He took particular interest in the construction of the tomb of
the thirteenth Dalai Lama and the search for the next reincarnation. He
personally went to the precious lake and saw the visions which gave clear
signals of the reincarnation. He then recognized and enthroned the right
reincarnation of His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Those were indeed some of
his wonderful deeds.

On the fourth day of the tenth month of the earth-hare year, the Reting
Rinpoche did the hair cutting ceremony of His Holiness the 14th Dalai
Lama. In the last month of that year, he resigned from the post of regency
after seven years of service. He had the traditional responsibility to uphold
pure Kadampa tradition. His own monastery was the seat of Dromton
Gyalpai Jungne. Moreover since the first Reting Rinpoche, Trichen
Ngawang Chokden, tutor of His Holiness Kelsang Gyatso, the subsequent
reincarnations preserved and propagated pure Gelug tradition. Many
illustrious Gelug masters including Je Phaphongka exhorted and
persuaded him to maintain and promote the stainless tradition of the great
Lama Tsongkhapa. But the Reting Rinpoche did not pay any heed and he
sought a number of hidden-treasure teachings of the Nyingma order from
Tsenyi Tulku of Chamdo. He also received full transmission on Dzongchen
from Sangya Dorjee. Thus the Reting Rinpoche departed from the tradition
of his masters.

The final misfortune began to show up when the Reting Rinpoche had
disagreement with the then Regent, Tadak. The government found
evidence that the Reting Rinpoche had plotted against the life of the
Regent Tadak. So, Kalon Surkhang Wangchen Gelek and Kalon Lhalu
Gyurme Tsewang Dorjee went to the Reting monastery along with their
force and arrested the Reting Rinpoche. Headed by Tsenyi Tulku, many
monks from the Sera Je college revolted against the Tibetan government
with arms. As the tension grew between the Sera Je College and the
government, the latter increased its force and an intense fighting continued
for days. Under the command of Kalsang Tsultrim, the government army
fired at the Reting monastery and cause much destruction.

When the Reting Rinpoche and his friend Khardo Tulku was interrogated
by the General Assembly, the latter confessed that they were guilty. The
Reting Rinpoche also acknowledged his mistakes and pleaded for a chance
to confess to the Regent himself. The appeal was sent through the Kashag
with the endorsement of the General Assembly. But the appeal was
rejected. The Reting Rinpoche was kept in Sharchen Chog under tight
security with the officials, Lhungshar Orgyen Namdol and Rupon Kalsang
Damdul in command. While he was in confinement, he suddenly passed
away in the night on the 17th of the third month. No outsider had any
knowledge of the cause of his death.

The translation of the yellow book does sound odd, or rather the way it is written, but i thought it would be interesting to place this here.

In short, there is no way for that website reting.org to be the real reting rinpoche. Anyone can post anything on the net, claiming to be anyone.  The real Reting Rinpoche is probably keeping a very low profile somewhere.