Author Topic: Would You Like To Ask The Dalai Lama?  (Read 6538 times)

icy

Would You Like To Ask The Dalai Lama?
« on: June 19, 2012, 01:50:26 PM »
Would you care to ask the Dalai Lama why he respects other religions and not Dorje Shugden? Why did he pray at Jama Masjid in New Delhi, or attended mass at St. Stephen's Cathedral in Vienna, Austria and not at any other Dorje Shugden temple?  Why is he not using Dorje Shugden as the World Peace Protector for the freedom of his people and to promote world peace?  Why are practitioners of Dorje Shugden been discriminated and ostracised?  Why do Tibetans suffer from such faith?   :(

"I have always felt it important to show my respect to other religions, such as Christianity, Hinduism, Jainism, Islam, Judaism, Sikkism, and so on..."
~ His Holiness Dalai Lama

Positive Change

Re: Would You Like To Ask The Dalai Lama?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 02:36:22 PM »
Would you care to ask the Dalai Lama why he respects other religions and not Dorje Shugden? Why did he pray at Jama Masjid in New Delhi, or attended mass at St. Stephen's Cathedral in Vienna, Austria and not at any other Dorje Shugden temple?  Why is he not using Dorje Shugden as the World Peace Protector for the freedom of his people and to promote world peace?  Why are practitioners of Dorje Shugden been discriminated and ostracised?  Why do Tibetans suffer from such faith?   :(

"I have always felt it important to show my respect to other religions, such as Christianity, Hinduism, Jainism, Islam, Judaism, Sikkism, and so on..."

Well... in defense of HHDL (not that he needs it), I would like to say this... "Different stroke for different folks". If Buddha taught 84,000 to enlightenment, sure HHDL actions can and should vary according to the person/persons he interacts with. One cannot use the same method and hope to achieve the desired results in all.

With regards to other faiths, HHDL is projecting an image of tolerance and compassion but on the issue of the ban and of Dorje Shugden, it seems to be the opposite. Sure, it seems that way... but perhaps in HHDL's infinite wisdom and clairvoyance (after all, he is a living Buddha, an emanation of Chenrezig) the best method to spread Dorje Shugden is to create this negative "hype" about a worldly spirit, about the danger to himself (till today I cannot perceive this... that a worldly spirit could possibly harm a Buddha!!!??) so that the Western world would catch on (they do strive on sensationalism and shock value) and propagate it to a point whereby they can claim to want to right the wrong, thereby sparking off a ripple effect in terms of awareness. Negative publicity is after all publicity!

And what better way to sell to the largest market available (China) than something that would go against or bring down HHDL! If one thinks about it, from a marketing/sales point of view, it is absolutely brilliant and a real no brainer!

dsiluvu

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 03:59:20 PM »
"I have always felt it important to show my respect to other religions, such as Christianity, Hinduism, Jainism, Islam, Judaism, Sikkism, and DORJE SHUGDEN so on..."

That will be the day! And it will be awesome ;)

ICY: I think we have been asking these questions to His Holiness since day one of the BAN. And there was not much of a reply. However... looking at what Positive Change said, I have to agree on his point in the fact that there are 84,000 teachings and these enlightened beings will use them skilfully to suite different people they need to benefit. Things are not so apparent as black and white. There are the GREYS. Which is what we're all speculating about. I for one think that Chenrezig Tenzin Gyatso is definitely no ordinary being, and if He is, He sure is one really smart one to be able to charm millions.

Yes I think HHDL has to play a few roles and they are huge responsibilities... let's look at them;
1. He is the Spiritual Leader of the Tibetans
2. Before He was also the Political Leader of the Tibetans
3. He is the Spiritual Guru to millions
4. He is the "Face" of Compassion to the world
5. He is the "Spokesperson" for TIBET's Freedom and Cause
6. He is the ENEMY to some
7. He is EXPECTED to SPRAED DHARMA, SOLVE PROBLEMS AND PLEASE the WORLD

Having all these on your shoulders is truly a lot when you put yourself in HHDL huge shoes for 1 minute. The list could probably be longer. So I definitely think he is no ordinary and with that I do think His compassion for all sentient being's benefit is larger then what we can perceive. If we view HHDL as a living Buddha then we must try to see His nature & functions and what's the real reason... to spread Dharma to the world and give those that will practice seriously their PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN because by Him Banning it... More ppl are working hard preserving it and making the DS practice grow further.

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 03:37:31 AM »
His Holiness: 'Religious faith can sometimes create problems and divisions due to lack of understanding. But all religions carry potentially same universal message of love and compassion.'
- Why then create problems and divisions in the same tradition?
- Since there is lack of understanding, why not create platforms and have dialogues for understanding?
- Since all religions carry the same message of love and compassion, why not let Shugden practitioners continue with their "religion"?

His Holiness: 'Humanity needs different approach to promote different human values and philosophies.'
'...Faith and reason must go together'.

- Those who are current Shugden practitioners have strong affinity with the protector Dorje Shugden, and perhaps this is the best approach for them. So why not leave them alone? Everyone is entitled to their own belief, no?
- Some of the reasons to ban the practice include harming the cause of Tibet. What if people do not care about the cause of Tibet because they are not Tibetans? Can they be allowed to practice then?

And final question to His Holiness - When will the ban be lifted?

kris

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 07:19:49 PM »
All religions should respect other religions. This is very important for the world peace. There are already much tensions between religions, and we need to have someone to defuse the tensions. For that, I felt HH Dalai has been doing a good job here, promoting the much needed release of tension.

However, as a Dorje Shugden practitioners, I can't help to ask, where is his compassion for us? When can You be fair to all of us? When can you lift the ban and relieve all the pains endured by all the old monks? When can you be give basic necessities to all Tibetans EQUALLY??

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 12:24:13 PM »
There are a few questions that I would like to ask to the Dalai Lama:

Dear Dalai Lama, I have incredible respect for you but the ban has made me feel somewhat uneasy, especially the way that it has been implemented and imposed. Therefore, I would request that your Holiness address these few questions to keep my mind and the minds of others at ease. After all, how can we practice Dharma if our minds are deeply disturbed?

1) Why cant the ban be implemented in a more non sectarian manner where everyone has compassion and tolerance for the Dorje Shugden practitioners? Why cant it be a real choice for practitioners to choose, and that they do not suffer repercussions from either sides of the story?

2) Why would your Holiness resort to twisting facts and informations just to appear to be right? We have found out that all of the "evidence" that your Holiness has presented contains many logical errors and distorted information as presented here: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=371.0 Why would a great Mahasattva such as yourself would need to rely on such methods?

3) What will your holiness do to look after the practitioners who were harmed by your followers who claim to uphold your teachings? What about the monks that were ousted, and the laypeople that was alienated from their own homes? What about the monks who broke their vinaya vows by taking an oath? What will happen to them? Does his Holiness have a solution to remove their bad karma?

4) What will His Holiness do about the misguided practitioners who think that following His Holiness' advice even if they have to harm others is the right way to go? what will his Holiness do about the thousands of western students around the world who caused much pain and grief to the sangha and have successfully caused schism of Buddhism in their countries?

These questions trouble me a lot...to see Chenrenzig cause these....therefore with your great compassion, can your Holiness answer to ease my mind?

vajrastorm

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 03:37:02 PM »
HH Dalai Lama has such a difficult role to play. But as Chenrezig, he will exercise his compassion and wisdom in a skillful balance to ensure that Dharma, especially the Dharma of Je Tsongkapa, spreads for the maximum benefit of all. At the same time he has to ensure that he is the world icon for compassion, as compassion is synonymous with Mahayana Buddhism.

So while he consistently shows the world he is living up to this image of him, as seen in his going to churches and mosques in the West and in India and joining in their prayers, he has to act otherwise towards a group of Tibetan practitioners, who practice Shugden, the great Dharma Protector of this age. . This is because, he has established himself as public enemy number 1 of the great powerhouse of the world , the populous country of China. Out of great compassion, he must act wrathfully to propel  the Chinese towards the Buddha Dharma. What better way than to engineer a situation where the Dharma Protector of our times is welcomed with open arms by the Chinese? Hence the Ban on Shugden and the condemnation of Shugden practitioners.

Bearing in mind this scenario, I would like to ask HH Dalai Lama whether the conditions will be ripe for  the ban to be lifted soon .I believe strongly that it is important for the ban to be lifted with the endorsement of HH Dalai Lama himself. I believe very strongly that when the ban is lifted, Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen, wherever he is, will come forth. Together with other great Lamas, who are waiting, and with the strong support of the King Protector,he will take the Dharma of Je Tsongkapa to great heights and hail the dawn of  a new renaissance of Buddhism!         

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 03:56:00 AM »
One thing that I would like to ask the Dalai Lama if there is a chance is why is he keeping a deafening silence on the points against the ban he has on Dorje Shugden  by Kundeling Rinpoche and Domtrung Rinpoche? I read many compelling points in those two letters that would definitely make the ban look and sound so silly and insignificant, and it would really drive people who support the ban to desperation as they no longer have any proof that the ban is negative. so why keep quiet instead of refute?