Author Topic: The Dalai lama is cursed !  (Read 24249 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Re: The Dalai lama is cursed !
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2013, 06:27:51 AM »
Yes, that is why we have to educate the less educated with the true and factual information. Nothing biased towards any side, Dalai Lama or Dorje Shugden. The Tibetans have the right to choose what the believe is correct. Hence with the neutral articles and facts, they will be able to make these decisions themselves without any influences.

I would say that the discussions and the articles on this website are more biased towards Dorje Shugden rather than being neutral, but it is not on a fanatical spectrum of things, but just stating on things based on historical facts and the Dharma and going about those few things as opposed to going to the extremes of going against the Dalai Lama or going against Dorje Shugden and i find this neutrality something precious and rare amongst todays world of propaganda, lies and distorted truths.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2013, 09:49:36 PM »
I would say that the discussions and the articles on this website are more biased towards Dorje Shugden rather than being neutral, but it is not on a fanatical spectrum of things, but just stating on things based on historical facts and the Dharma and going about those few things as opposed to going to the extremes of going against the Dalai Lama or going against Dorje Shugden and i find this neutrality something precious and rare amongst todays world of propaganda, lies and distorted truths.

Although it is rare, but with the factual information that is available, they would be able to make the judgement themselves. It is not that by educating them with biases is not good, but the thing is that if the readers believe whatever that they read, they will be very easily influenced in ways that the writer want them to. This does not help in any situation at all. Reason being that the readers would sooner or later not be able to differentiate what is true, and what is false. This phenomena is getting more and more common whereby issues are being all jumbled up together.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2013, 07:10:50 AM »

Although it is rare, but with the factual information that is available, they would be able to make the judgement themselves. It is not that by educating them with biases is not good, but the thing is that if the readers believe whatever that they read, they will be very easily influenced in ways that the writer want them to. This does not help in any situation at all. Reason being that the readers would sooner or later not be able to differentiate what is true, and what is false. This phenomena is getting more and more common whereby issues are being all jumbled up together.

Factual information is always important as it does give people a chance to make a decision and a choice. People will be able to tell if something is biased or not just by reading and thinking about it. It is not that hard at all as most people can do this easily, but they will always choose to believe the story that appeals to them the most as opposed to the truth. This is basic human nature. But it does not mean that is a right and wrong in everything either as people are entitled to believe what they want after all.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2013, 08:44:43 PM »
Factual information is always important as it does give people a chance to make a decision and a choice. People will be able to tell if something is biased or not just by reading and thinking about it. It is not that hard at all as most people can do this easily, but they will always choose to believe the story that appeals to them the most as opposed to the truth. This is basic human nature. But it does not mean that is a right and wrong in everything either as people are entitled to believe what they want after all.

I believe that by having ready information online, it would allow people to be able to find information that would educate them in ways that would help them in ways to educate them. Like one of the websites that I think gives a neutral stand would be DorjeShugden.com . It provides knowledge that would let us judge accordingly to how we would like, not influencing us in anyway.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2015, 04:29:55 PM »
This is a funny article with opinions that can be either confusing or comforting or scary.

It is not an easy task these days to meet the Dalai Lama and if there is a belief as stated in this article that people die after meeting the Dalai Lama is pretty far fetched.

Being a Varjayana Buddhist believing in incarnation and emanation of attained and enlightened beings, I think if one dies after close contact with the emanation of Chenrizig, the Dalai Lama, should be a blessing and not a curse.

But yet would you like to take the risk to meet him? Hmmmmmmm