Author Topic: The Dalai lama is cursed !  (Read 24243 times)

Namdrol

• Email
Re: The Dalai lama is cursed !
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 09:21:39 AM »
Losang Tenpa, what I mean by statistics is, the more people you meet, of course there will be more things you heard about them from day to day!

Example, if you only know 10 people, then most likely you will hear of one death in them in 10 years, but if you know 1 million people, of course you will hear of deaths among these 1 million people every single day!

So in this case, the whole situation is twisted to say that people who met the Dalai Lama will die/have mishaps soon after that, this is pure nonsense.

That's why I said, the person who wrote that malicious article most likely is a nerd who knows nobody other than his mother, that's why he could not comprehend why some people who met the Dalai Lama die/have mishap after the meeting, because he only have 1 person in his life, while the Dalai Lama has millions.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 07:11:44 AM »
Losang Tenpa, what I mean by statistics is, the more people you meet, of course there will be more things you heard about them from day to day!

Example, if you only know 10 people, then most likely you will hear of one death in them in 10 years, but if you know 1 million people, of course you will hear of deaths among these 1 million people every single day!

So in this case, the whole situation is twisted to say that people who met the Dalai Lama will die/have mishaps soon after that, this is pure nonsense.

That's why I said, the person who wrote that malicious article most likely is a nerd who knows nobody other than his mother, that's why he could not comprehend why some people who met the Dalai Lama die/have mishap after the meeting, because he only have 1 person in his life, while the Dalai Lama has millions.

Haha I do find it a bit odd that someone would say this because it sounds like Chinese propaganda, preying on the ignorance and fear of others. Come on! We're in the 21st century! we dont have to believe in curses and the like! There is just no logic behind any of these claims and there is no need to make any of these because it only shows how backwards and how low the person who utters this statement is. It is time that we become more mature and skilful with our words and actions to not misrepresent Dorje Shugden and our Lamas. this is important as people who are not affected by the Dorje Shugden ban will observe these points before deciding if Dorje Shugden is beneficial or not.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 06:13:11 PM »
Thank you Zach for this interesting post.

I think the Chinese agents are just using this point to make the Dalai Lama look bad, causing some schism in the Buddhist community. Feeding on the fear of people towards death.

Even if people really die after meeting the Dalai Lama, it is just their karma. At least they got the merits to be blessed before passing as well.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 07:40:10 AM »
Thank you Zach for this interesting post.

I think the Chinese agents are just using this point to make the Dalai Lama look bad, causing some schism in the Buddhist community. Feeding on the fear of people towards death.

Even if people really die after meeting the Dalai Lama, it is just their karma. At least they got the merits to be blessed before passing as well.

There are people who die everyday after meeting someone or something, so does it mean that the person/thing is cursed? Many people die on the highway and animals too, does it mean it is cursed? Logically in any way there isnt any way that this can be true or associated with the Dalai Lama, only someone who really wanted to smear the Dalai Lama's reputation and they do not have any other intentions other than that. I dont believe it at all and it does sound really ridiculous, almost like the accusations that Dorje Shugden causes the deaths of his practitioners.

Big Uncle

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2013, 08:07:24 AM »
Oh dear. The sheer number of people that the Dalai Lama see every day is staggering. Of course, there would be people experiencing all these misfortunes. I think that it is quite unfair to pin onto a curse by the Dalai Lama and instead point to the fact that these people are so lucky to be able to meet the Dalai Lama for a blessing before their misfortune.

Nonetheless, the only way to deal with this is to laugh and move on. No need to be disturbed as the Dalai Lama will always have their detractors. Look, if the Buddha had his Devadatta, I am sure the Dalai Lama will have his detractors as well. It takes merits for one to see the Dalai Lama for his special qualities. Hence, there would always be people who would view the Dalai Lama in a narrow way.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2013, 08:33:14 AM »
Oh dear. The sheer number of people that the Dalai Lama see every day is staggering. Of course, there would be people experiencing all these misfortunes. I think that it is quite unfair to pin onto a curse by the Dalai Lama and instead point to the fact that these people are so lucky to be able to meet the Dalai Lama for a blessing before their misfortune.

Nonetheless, the only way to deal with this is to laugh and move on. No need to be disturbed as the Dalai Lama will always have their detractors. Look, if the Buddha had his Devadatta, I am sure the Dalai Lama will have his detractors as well. It takes merits for one to see the Dalai Lama for his special qualities. Hence, there would always be people who would view the Dalai Lama in a narrow way.

it's not really just unfair, but downright ridiculous that this is being pinpointed on the Dalai Lama as it makes no sense at all in the first place. One thing tho, it shows how ignorant people can be and how ridiculous things can become. There are many other such articles about the Dalai Lama and Tibetan Buddhism as well and also on how the Dalai Lama and the Lamas use black magic to murder the leaders of China and how tantra is all about sex. If we believe in this, we might as well believe in those! And dont forget how some Buddhist scholars try to write off Tantra as a hindu influence.

fruven

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2013, 11:18:08 PM »
This is a laugh out loud article. You cannot bring someone to court without any established fact. These people who have passed away would have meet so many others in the period between they meet Dalai Lama. What about others whom he or she met? Wouldn't others who might harm him? The cause of death for example from plane crash also means other have die as well in that plane. What about those people on the same plane? Is it because he has to die therefore everyone on the plane has to go along. This is totally absurd and you cannot even bring this kind of argument to a court. Therefore it is without logic, a makeup, and nonsensical.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 04:53:49 AM »
This is a laugh out loud article. You cannot bring someone to court without any established fact. These people who have passed away would have meet so many others in the period between they meet Dalai Lama. What about others whom he or she met? Wouldn't others who might harm him? The cause of death for example from plane crash also means other have die as well in that plane. What about those people on the same plane? Is it because he has to die therefore everyone on the plane has to go along. This is totally absurd and you cannot even bring this kind of argument to a court. Therefore it is without logic, a makeup, and nonsensical.

But unfortunately, despite this there are people who would still believe in these silly stories even when there is no logic at all behind them because many people these days want the easy way out - to believe in something without doing research or investigating their credibility. So we still need to find a way to be able to explain to them and counter them and make them realize that what they believe is false.  It's not really about what we think about the article, but about how we can clear up the misunderstandings that this  article can bring upon.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 08:42:25 PM »
The more I read about this the more I think it is super ridiculous. Why not just blame the thousands of deaths all over the world on Dalai Lama, saying something like because they looked at Dalai Lama's picture that is why they died.

For the people that are alive compared to the people that died after seeing the Dalai Lama, the ratio for the alive and kicking people is definitely higher then the decreased.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 01:00:48 PM »
The more I read about this the more I think it is super ridiculous. Why not just blame the thousands of deaths all over the world on Dalai Lama, saying something like because they looked at Dalai Lama's picture that is why they died.

For the people that are alive compared to the people that died after seeing the Dalai Lama, the ratio for the alive and kicking people is definitely higher then the decreased.

Well, sometimes people will make up anything just because they think it is right. This goes with Dorje Shugden haters who post lies and ridiculous stories against not only Dorje Shugden but also on lineage lamas such as Pabongkha Rinpoche and Trijang Rinpoche. Some of these are supposedly celebrated scholars in their fields, such as Robert Thurman and David Kay and George Dreyfus but they write such drivel against Dorje Shugden and its masters that I find it close to unforgivable. It is sad that people can get away with anything these days.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2013, 09:34:05 PM »
It is just sad to see how degenerated we are. Proclaiming facts about lineage Lamas or even Buddhas, defaming them. Saying things that they should never have said. But we humans are doing it due to the lack of knowledge and our negative karma.

Hopefully that these people would wake up soon to see what they are really writing and if it makes any sense to them at all.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2013, 11:10:59 PM »
It is just sad to see how degenerated we are. Proclaiming facts about lineage Lamas or even Buddhas, defaming them. Saying things that they should never have said. But we humans are doing it due to the lack of knowledge and our negative karma.

Hopefully that these people would wake up soon to see what they are really writing and if it makes any sense to them at all.

Yes, it is sad indeed that even so called scholars who are supposed to be very knowledgable in their field is tainted by the stain of prejudice and biasness, where all their articles are carefully crafted to portray the Dalai Lama in a positive light and even attempt to degrade the lineage Lamas. This article is a complete opposite of those articles, probably existing as the polar opposite due to the karma generated from those articles that I have mentioned earlier. In any case, it only means that we have to work hard to dispel such misunderstandings.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 09:36:53 PM »
I guess the only way to stop all ridiculous speculation about either lineage lamas or the Dalai Lama is just to educate these people. Educating them in a neutral and non-biased manner. It is not really their faults for being geared in such manner. It is probably because of the environment that they are in, hearing all sorts of nonsense and speculations. Hence, I would think that to stop all nonsense that these speculators are saying is just to educate them, getting rid of the negative thoughts that they may have with the new knowledge that is being given to them.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2013, 06:05:22 AM »
I guess the only way to stop all ridiculous speculation about either lineage lamas or the Dalai Lama is just to educate these people. Educating them in a neutral and non-biased manner. It is not really their faults for being geared in such manner. It is probably because of the environment that they are in, hearing all sorts of nonsense and speculations. Hence, I would think that to stop all nonsense that these speculators are saying is just to educate them, getting rid of the negative thoughts that they may have with the new knowledge that is being given to them.

Well, those people were conned into believing what they did anyway and it is not entirely their fault. The fault lies squarely at some scholars who wish to push their own agenda onto the throats of others and to score more points with the Dalai Lama by misleading people about Dorje Shugden and even the Lineage Lamas to undermine them. What they dont realize what they are doing is that they are creating a lot of heavy negative karma, and it wont be long before it ripens...

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2013, 08:58:43 PM »
Well, those people were conned into believing what they did anyway and it is not entirely their fault. The fault lies squarely at some scholars who wish to push their own agenda onto the throats of others and to score more points with the Dalai Lama by misleading people about Dorje Shugden and even the Lineage Lamas to undermine them. What they dont realize what they are doing is that they are creating a lot of heavy negative karma, and it wont be long before it ripens...

Yes, that is why we have to educate the less educated with the true and factual information. Nothing biased towards any side, Dalai Lama or Dorje Shugden. The Tibetans have the right to choose what the believe is correct. Hence with the neutral articles and facts, they will be able to make these decisions themselves without any influences.